Pages:
Author

Topic: NVIDIA is cutting the 3060's Hash Rate in Half & NEW Mining specific GPU's - page 3. (Read 3583 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 216
seems like there is some kind of functionality which check if monitor is connected (thats why dummy hdmi plug works) and if it is connected to motherboard. just must 2 cents, also there could be more in drivers as well.

There are many checks:

1. monitor
2. PCIe lanes
3. whatever was accidentally left out of the beta driver
4. ...
Activity: 242
Merit: 11
Working on Gigabyte Eagle 3060 on 16x Pci-E slot. Getting a few incorrect shares though, about 10%, don't know if there's anything I can do to fix this. Getting 49 mh/s. Thanks everyone.

Lower mem clock, not all 3060 can do 49 MH/s due to this. But most should be capable of 48.

Sounds to me like the person(s) who worked on the driver or made it available wanted to make sure it could not be used in a mining farm or in a capacity such that it would support Rigs with 6 + 3060's on risers. It very clearly seems like they went through a lot to make sure there were plenty of roadblocks.
Activity: 169
Merit: 1

Driver: https://mega.nz/file/4NRSiL6A#0jcBLJwhVfNhFrc9RgZeIa3xS5XGOl23ie6Ue439LBQ

Info from someone on discord:

Summary so far on 3060:
-Use the 470.05 Dev Nvidia driver
-Need to stick the 3060 into motherboard directly (Does not work with riser)
-Must have at least pcie 3.0 enabled in bios, or set to auto
-HDMI/Display port of the graphics card needs to be either connected to a monitor or dummy plug
-2nd 3060 on the same mb will work as long as it is plugged into the x16 slot running x8 lanes or above with HDMI/Display port filled (not confirmed with 3 cards)
-Some have confirmed working cards after fresh windows install, then installing the 470.05 dev driver
-Works on ASUS STRIX/TUF/DUAL 3060, Palit 3060, EVGA black 3060, EVGA 3060 XC GAMING(12G-P5-3657-KR), Galax 3060, Gigabyte 3060 Vision OC, MSI Ventus 2x, MSI Gaming X, Zotac 3060 twin edge
-Does not work on Inno3D that we know of

EDIT2: It seems to have been tested on pci-X 4x slots and did not work. Only 8x and 16x work, with a dummy cable and no risers.

EDIT3: Current record for maximum number of 3060 on 1 mobo is 2 cards, running on x16 and x8 full slots.

EDIT4: 8x / 8x also seems to work.

seems like there is some kind of functionality which check if monitor is connected (thats why dummy hdmi plug works) and if it is connected to motherboard. just must 2 cents, also there could be more in drivers as well.
Activity: 378
Merit: 197
I can say that, with my 2009 American Mega motherboard with a 2010 bios, it does not work. only has 1 slot and the card is in the motherboard.

Actually surprised anything still works on that machine

Fresh windows, EVGA Geforce RTX 3060
Activity: 58
Merit: 4
Working on Gigabyte Eagle 3060 on 16x Pci-E slot. Getting a few incorrect shares though, about 10%, don't know if there's anything I can do to fix this. Getting 49 mh/s. Thanks everyone.

Go down with Mem Clock a bit.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
I find it pretty hilarious that a driver on their site was a way to hack the unhackable.  Didnt even need to change the Bios.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
My wife has a 3060 that was just installed in her personal desktop 2 days ago. I've tested with the developmental driver and it's been running fine at stock settings for almost 30 minutes so far.
Merit: 115
Activity: 5
Merit: 0

Driver: https://mega.nz/file/4NRSiL6A#0jcBLJwhVfNhFrc9RgZeIa3xS5XGOl23ie6Ue439LBQ

Info from someone on discord:

Summary so far on 3060:
-Use the 470.05 Dev Nvidia driver
-Need to stick the 3060 into motherboard directly (Does not work with riser)
-Must have at least pcie 3.0 enabled in bios, or set to auto
-HDMI/Display port of the graphics card needs to be either connected to a monitor or dummy plug
-2nd 3060 on the same mb will work as long as it is plugged into the x16 slot running x8 lanes or above with HDMI/Display port filled (not confirmed with 3 cards)
-Some have confirmed working cards after fresh windows install, then installing the 470.05 dev driver
-Works on ASUS STRIX/TUF/DUAL 3060, Palit 3060, EVGA black 3060, EVGA 3060 XC GAMING(12G-P5-3657-KR), Galax 3060, Gigabyte 3060 Vision OC, MSI Ventus 2x, MSI Gaming X, Zotac 3060 twin edge
-Does not work on Inno3D that we know of

EDIT2: It seems to have been tested on pci-X 4x slots and did not work. Only 8x and 16x work, with a dummy cable and no risers.

EDIT3: Current record for maximum number of 3060 on 1 mobo is 2 cards, running on x16 and x8 full slots.

EDIT4: 8x / 8x also seems to work.
Activity: 169
Merit: 1
Im getting 49.80 MH/s with +1400 memory and 80% power limit.

Pretty insane for a card thats supposedly $329.

Some folks are saying it only works on one card, or only works on cards connected directly via X 16 and also requires a monitor plugged in.

Some are saying Zotac cards dont work at full speed.

All I know is ive got an EVGA card with a dummy HMDI plug (for plex server) and it works great. Very happy with the additional income over Octopus.

do you mean u can dualmine (two instances) with it?
like phoenix for eth and other miner for octopus? i know eth dont use core, but octopus use memory a lot, right?
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

I'm using MSI cards.  I'm not sure if that makes a difference.  Also I heard that the card has to be attached directly to the motherboard.  No riser.

Thanks alot! The point was to put it directly in the motherboard. That worked for me (Gigabyte card).

Looks like the bios identifies if the card is in a PCI 1x or PCI 16x slot - somehow this makes a difference.

Glad to hear you got it working.

I'm using MSI cards.  I'm not sure if that makes a difference.  Also I heard that the card has to be attached directly to the motherboard.  No riser.

Thanks alot! The point was to put it directly in the motherboard. That worked for me (Gigabyte card).

Looks like the bios identifies if the card is in a PCI 1x or PCI 16x slot - somehow this makes a difference.
Merit: 11
Looks like the driver has been taken down?  Unless i am not signed in right.

Should be uploaded here: https://mega.nz/file/rE1E0JCS#-xL0bc6t2UiuiZ0Vtc-I9hcqGhV0UIr0B6FKJcdy_kE

I did not upload this but it works for me, got it from another thread somewhere else.

This may be the only time we get a driver that will work for the 3060 that does this, its clearly communicating to the cards VBIOS and turning off the limiter.

Even if it only works for directly attached cards (i.e. PCIe X16) its still a win.
Activity: 378
Merit: 197
Looks like the driver has been taken down?  Unless i am not signed in right.
Activity: 1423
Merit: 504
fuck nvidia in the you know what.  so my octopus with become eth once I figure it out.

maybe smos will put it in an update.

Im making a CFX pool ,hopefully I can get users like you on our team.
legendary

That's the same driver I am using. 470.05 but as mentioned above the card has to be the primary video card and have a monitor attached to it.  I had a 2nd card in the same system and that card was running at 24 mhs.  I removed that card and I am going to put that card into it's own system now as the primary.

Unfortunately not working here. H110 Pro BTC++ board, disabled onboard GPU, 3060 as the only GPU in the system (monitor attached) - Hash rate drops immediately after start.

I'm using MSI cards.  I'm not sure if that makes a difference.  Also I heard that the card has to be attached directly to the motherboard.  No riser.

That's the same driver I am using. 470.05 but as mentioned above the card has to be the primary video card and have a monitor attached to it.  I had a 2nd card in the same system and that card was running at 24 mhs.  I removed that card and I am going to put that card into it's own system now as the primary.

Unfortunately not working here. H110 Pro BTC++ board, disabled onboard GPU, 3060 as the only GPU in the system (monitor attached) - Hash rate drops immediately after start.
legendary
fuck nvidia in the you know what.  so my octopus with become eth once I figure it out.

maybe smos will put it in an update.

As far as I know there is no linux version of this driver.
legendary
Nice thanks for the info.  I just tested the driver on mine and I'm getting 49mhs for the last 30 minutes now.

Can you please post a screenshot of the exact driver settings in windows? Tried myself, but limiting still intact (Driver 470.05, Windows 10 64bit, Display connected through hdmi)

That's the same driver I am using. 470.05 but as mentioned above the card has to be the primary video card and have a monitor attached to it.  I had a 2nd card in the same system and that card was running at 24 mhs.  I removed that card and I am going to put that card into it's own system now as the primary.

Pages:
Jump to: