Pages:
Author

Topic: NVIDIA is cutting the 3060's Hash Rate in Half & NEW Mining specific GPU's - page 5. (Read 3583 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
I guess I'll have to buy two then.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1026
No need to rush to buy new graphics cards. I always try to wait for the official tests.
On laptops, the hash rate is not blocked. I think miners will soon find a way to break Nvidia's limitations.
3060 Ti: 48 MH on Octopus algorithm
but 3060 more profit could have been received on Ethereum mining
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 7
Activity: 49
Merit: 1
Both EVGA 3060 Ti XC and 3060 XC hashrates at the exact same settings in HIVEOS:

Eth:
3060 Ti: 58 MH
3060: 24 MH

Octopus:
3060 Ti: Didn't test
3060: 44 MH

Activity: 1372
Merit: 216
It would have been so much simpler, and a lot less aggravating to all, just to keep selling
the RTX-2000 until RTX-3000 supply ramped up.

One ironic twist is CMPs based on Turing may be more available than RTX-3000s.
That will piss off gamers even more, with no option to buy Turing.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
no need to hack it at all.  It earns 3.80 a day mining octopus.  It burns 3 kwatts to earn that.  So lets say your power cost is 80 cents  at 27 cents a kwatt.  the card will make 3 bucks a day.

Roi in 110 days.  this means sold  out and scalped on ebay for about 750-950 usd.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-GeForce-RTX-3060-XC-GAMING-12GB-GDDR6-Dual-Fan-Metal-Bac/164727655954?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-GeForce-RTX-3060-XC-GAMING-12G-P5-3657-KR-12GB-GDDR6-Metal-Backplate/233912168556?
Activity: 3
so this is hacked already ?
Activity: 252
Merit: 29
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
It's only a matter of time, I know there are some bad ass coders out there, they will find ways around this RTX3060 issue and NVIDIA will be put to shame but I have RTX 3060ti and 3070, I probably won't be needing the RTX 3060 anyways
Activity: 1372
Merit: 216
I wonder if the Limiter will be crippling the GPU's performance or if you might be able to mine another coin while mining Eth at a reduced hashrate.

Interesting thought but I doubt it. The scheduler could be gimped to force the Eth process to suspend even
if no other process is waiting.

But I'm assuming the GPU is gimped by lowering the clock, disabling HW optimizations like cache or things like that.
It might even affect an attached monitor.

A deep dive is required to reverse engineer it.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
I wonder if the Limiter will be crippling the GPU's performance or if you might be able to mine another coin while mining Eth at a reduced hashrate.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
How does the driver detect ETHASH is running on the card? After detection of ETHASH, the driver must be sending a preset signal to the card and the bios loads a low perf setting.
Activity: 37
Merit: 1
Would it be possible to edit 3060 BIOS or flash 3060ti BIOS on it. I believe the problem is in BIOS because one dude used current drivers and the card still downclocked

Possible? Yes likely no... We still do not have an ethlargement pill for 20 series cards.
Activity: 106
Would it be possible to edit 3060 BIOS or flash 3060ti BIOS on it. I believe the problem is in BIOS because one dude used current drivers and the card still downclocked
legendary
Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002
kinda a joke software/driver limiter which land on world of programmer, but atleast there is room to buy when miner worried about it, scalper faster on buying hardware

this will be same story like before, i still buy it at first release, for gaming purpose and mining testing
Activity: 104
Merit: 3
What a clusterfuck. Nvidia should have just made it so that multiple low cost consumer level cards couldn't be addressed on a single motherboard (which isn't even needed by the consumer market anymore anyway since SLI is dead) while leaving the function operational on flagship cards and pro level cards. That would have forced anyone wanting to operate large mining operations to upgrade to their far costlier pro level equipment, thereby significantly cutting down on miners taking "gamer" cards, thus appeasing their fanbase, while also increasing their bottom line by selling more higher margin parts, which would make their shareholders happy.
Activity: 478
Merit: 125
I watched a video by some Russian guy named Crypto Leo.  He had a Zotac 3060 and was given credit in a article by videocardz.com as confirming that on ETH it did indeed cut the hash rate in half.

What the article didn't go on to say was that in a follow up video he tested the 5 top money algo's out right now and the card actually did close to or better than a 3060  TI in 3 of them.  Octopus, Cortex and Cuckatoo31.  All of which give this card a great ROI at under $400.

Will the bull market last long enough for Nvidia to need to try to roll this out to new skus like the 3080TI or to kill old sku's as rumored and add it anti ETH technology to it's full ampere line?  Maybe

In the short term is this gonna drive up demand for cards that aren't hampered you bet.  Will the 3000's series cards already out hold their value better now?  I think so.

Sadly gamers or small miners can't line up and score a card at their local Best Buy due to "covid".  They now have to compete on a national level unless they have a Microcenter close by or a good local parts store that has been getting an allocation of cards.  I have neither.

Now gamers who could use the card in off hours to pay off a portion of it or potentially build wealth in the digital world on what will likely be a widely used card can't.  And the big guys win again.

Be nice if AMD would put out a card with good gaming and mining capability again.

You forgot that you can pay scalpers on Ebay a $1000 premium for a 3080 or 3090.  They are flying like pancakes at these prices.

I didn't forget this.  If I could sit at Bestbuy overnight and get a card I could bypass the additional money asked by resellers who have stock available now.  If I was a gamer looking for one card I would be happy I got one at MSRP.

I can buy a bot or pay a friend to code one so I can sell some "hotcakes" and keep ones I like for my farm.  Doesn't make sense for someone looking for a single card....
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
I watched a video by some Russian guy named Crypto Leo.  He had a Zotac 3060 and was given credit in a article by videocardz.com as confirming that on ETH it did indeed cut the hash rate in half.

What the article didn't go on to say was that in a follow up video he tested the 5 top money algo's out right now and the card actually did close to or better than a 3060  TI in 3 of them.  Octopus, Cortex and Cuckatoo31.  All of which give this card a great ROI at under $400.

Exactly, it only halves Ethhash algo.  There are a few Algos that are close to Eth profitability wise that you can mine and ROI pretty quickly and then switch later if there is ever a fix found for Ethhash.

well this is great news lets keep the 3060's off eth and mining the other coins.

then the eth hash rates will grow more slowly.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

Exactly, it only halves Ethhash algo.  There are a few Algos that are close to Eth profitability wise that you can mine and ROI pretty quickly and then switch later if there is ever a fix found for Ethhash.
Activity: 58
Merit: 3

Will the bull market last long enough for Nvidia to need to try to roll this out to new skus like the 3080TI or to kill old sku's as rumored and add it anti ETH technology to it's full ampere line?  Maybe

In the short term is this gonna drive up demand for cards that aren't hampered you bet.  Will the 3000's series cards already out hold their value better now?  I think so.

Sadly gamers or small miners can't line up and score a card at their local Best Buy due to "covid".  They now have to compete on a national level unless they have a Microcenter close by or a good local parts store that has been getting an allocation of cards.  I have neither.

Now gamers who could use the card in off hours to pay off a portion of it or potentially build wealth in the digital world on what will likely be a widely used card can't.  And the big guys win again.

Be nice if AMD would put out a card with good gaming and mining capability again.

You forgot that you can pay scalpers on Ebay a $1000 premium for a 3080 or 3090.  They are flying like pancakes at these prices.
Pages:
Jump to: