Pages:
Author

Topic: NVIDIA is cutting the 3060's Hash Rate in Half & NEW Mining specific GPU's - page 4. (Read 3583 times)

Activity: 242
Merit: 11
Looks like there is a specific driver that when used with trex miner bypasses the Nvidia eth nerf on the 3060.  This time supposedly they confirmed it was ETH and not Octopus.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-cryptocurrency-mining-hash-rate-limit-bypassed-hacked-rtx-3060-ethereum/

Shows it was up for a few hours in the bottom of the article.

You dont need trex miner. It works with Excavator on Nicehash as well at least.
Activity: 478
Merit: 125
Looks like there is a specific driver that when used with trex miner bypasses the Nvidia eth nerf on the 3060.  This time supposedly they confirmed it was ETH and not Octopus.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-cryptocurrency-mining-hash-rate-limit-bypassed-hacked-rtx-3060-ethereum/

Shows it was up for a few hours in the bottom of the article.

Activity: 58
Merit: 4
Nice thanks for the info.  I just tested the driver on mine and I'm getting 49mhs for the last 30 minutes now.

Can you please post a screenshot of the exact driver settings in windows? Tried myself, but limiting still intact (Driver 470.05, Windows 10 64bit, Display connected through hdmi)

legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
fuck nvidia in the you know what.  so my octopus with become eth once I figure it out.

maybe smos will put it in an update.

Activity: 242
Merit: 11
Im getting 49.80 MH/s with +1400 memory and 80% power limit.

Pretty insane for a card thats supposedly $329.

Some folks are saying it only works on one card, or only works on cards connected directly via X 16 and also requires a monitor plugged in.

Some are saying Zotac cards dont work at full speed.

All I know is ive got an EVGA card with a dummy HMDI plug (for plex server) and it works great. Very happy with the additional income over Octopus.
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
Nice thanks for the info.  I just tested the driver on mine and I'm getting 49mhs for the last 30 minutes now.
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
Activity: 86
Merit: 0
Activity: 75
Well, they could have just made an RTX3060Ti/3080 based mining GPU's with ~62/100 MH/s and ~120/225W power consumption and with prices around 500/850 USD without video outputs and that would have solved everything, for miners and for gamers.
But no, nVidia wants to get rid of it's own trash (old turing and defective ampere chips) and get more money, that's why they are doing this.
Activity: 28
Instead of just ramping production they rather shoot themselves in the foot.
Smart strategy.

At the end of the day Nvidia should ONLY care about the price gauging going on and nothing else.

Either that or make a viable mining card that competes Mh vs Mh to regular gpus. None of this gimped CMP crap that will ultimately cost more to purchase and use more power.  This is like MPG all over again.  This new shinny car does 30mpg, on a 16gallon tank and produces 300hp.  Cool, we currently get 45mpg on a 9 gallon tank producing 450hp so what benefit do we get switching? Nothing?  Ok, you can keep the car and I'll keep doing what I'm doing.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-to-feature-cryptocurrency-mining-limiter

3080 ti might have Eth mining limiter.  Not surprising, I guess every new variant will have it.

This is a mistake they are doing, right now yeah they will sell every gpu, after this market crashes they will pray they have not done this and pray miners starts buying their gpus again ehhe
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-to-feature-cryptocurrency-mining-limiter

3080 ti might have Eth mining limiter.  Not surprising, I guess every new variant will have it.
legendary
Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002
at this current market rtx 3060 sell at 700$ in my country but the laptop one sell at 1200$ and you got full speed on laptop, considerable cheap for laptop cost only 1200$ you got latest core i5,512nvme,16gigs ddr4,and 144lcd and lower power consumption on mining but bad for long run
Activity: 169
Merit: 1
Both EVGA 3060 Ti XC and 3060 XC hashrates at the exact same settings in HIVEOS:

Eth:
3060 Ti: 58 MH
3060: 24 MH

Octopus:
3060 Ti: Didn't test
3060: 44 MH

what settings did u used?

also what about ETC hashrate?
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1026
Would it be possible to edit 3060 BIOS or flash 3060ti BIOS on it. I believe the problem is in BIOS because one dude used current drivers and the card still downclocked

You don't need to flash the bios, you need a tool like the Pill. I am pretty sure someone will come up with a solution

Why rush to find solutions if other algorithms work without reducing the hash rate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvkM1_eXoAA
5:23

And I think Nvidia foresaw that users will be flashing the BIOS of these video cards and came up with additional protection
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
Would it be possible to edit 3060 BIOS or flash 3060ti BIOS on it. I believe the problem is in BIOS because one dude used current drivers and the card still downclocked

You don't need to flash the bios, you need a tool like the Pill. I am pretty sure someone will come up with a solution
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
Both EVGA 3060 Ti XC and 3060 XC hashrates at the exact same settings in HIVEOS:

Eth:
3060 Ti: 58 MH
3060: 24 MH

Octopus:
3060 Ti: Didn't test
3060: 44 MH

Nvidia said it would cut eth hashrate in half, so it means 3060 full eth hashrate is 48 ~ 50, 3060ti on octopus is around 48 ~ 50.
Pages:
Jump to: