Pages:
Author

Topic: NVIDIA is cutting the 3060's Hash Rate in Half & NEW Mining specific GPU's - page 8. (Read 3583 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 21
There should be a way around this, years ago there are gurus online that build their own Nvidia and AMD drivers from scratch to get better performance out of a gpu and they work better than the official released drivers, I'm guessing this same thing will happen with this RTX3060
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7763
'The right to privacy matters'
Actually something else is happening on Jan 1 the networks was 293,000 gh

We know there are asics and we know lots of other cards but it is simply to just use 3080's cause 10 = 1 gh

10 x 3080 to a gh means

only 2,930,000  3080's = all the hashrate on eth

so here we are 49 days later

hashrate is

403,000gh

or 4,030,000.    3080's

that means about 1,100,000     3080s were added in 49 days.  now we know there are amd,nvidia,asics.

so say 1/3 of each is the net work .

that means about 370,000    3080.s.   were added in 7 weeks.  so 7.1 x that = 2.62 million gpus a year. Just for mining.

could that be correct?  
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
From Videocardz:
"Today NVIDIA announced that GeForce RTX 3060 drivers will be able to detect if the user is mining cryptocurrency. This will automatically limit the performance by 50%, which will basically render mining on this card unprofitable. This is exactly what happened to the graphics card that was tested by CryptoLeo.

Just a minute or two after starting, the hash rate has dropped from 41.5 MH/s to 26-24 MH/s. Since the author of the video has no drivers for this card, this would suggest that the anti-mining algorithm is not present in the software, but rather implemented in the BIOS itself.

The RTX 3060 is the first graphics card that will feature this solution to detect mining. In the next few weeks, we should be seeing more news on the Crypto Mining Processor HX series that NVIDIA announced today."

https://videocardz.com/newz/zotac-geforce-rtx-3060-early-gpu-mining-test-shows-reduced-hashrate-in-action

"...rather implemented in the BIOS itself."
So, flashing would fix this right?

But then this:
https://twitter.com/kopite7kimi/status/1362432312579743744

Can Nvidia do this without any repercussions, from a business standpoint or maybe even legally ? New device ids, etc., so you can't flash old bios or else you brick the card?
Activity: 1372
Merit: 216

I think their goal is to dump all their low binned dies that they had no use for in these mining cards.

This might not be a bad thing considering the supply shortage, as long as they're priced accordingly.
Activity: 1178
Merit: 131
Also this is merely a giant smoke screen.  Like the other mining gpus, they will be impossible to buy for normal miners and will be overpriced. 
Activity: 1178
Merit: 131
If these are mining cards why are they making models with 10 GB of memory?  Ridiculous.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 216
It looks like it works like AV by detecting Eth mining signatures. That won't work, code can be obfuscated.
The'll have to keep updating the drivers to detect new signatures.

They need to use the carrot, not the stick, make mining GPUs hash faster legitimately. Tilting the balance
by artificially slowing mining on RTX will fail.
Activity: 242
Merit: 11
will this also affect RTX 3060 Ti ?

3060 only, and probably any cards that come after it. i.e. 3050, 3050 Ti and 3080 Ti.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
will this also affect RTX 3060 Ti ?
How is this going to be possible when I can just decide to install old drivers on the RTX 3060 gpu? I will wait and see how this plays out, unless the gpu is forced to work with the only driver they plan to provide, anyways there are many other GPUs available for mining, I have no problem with RTX3070 anyways

What are you talking about? There are no "old drivers". The only driver that will work will be the one that launches with the 3060.

You cant turn a Geforce card into a Quadro, same will apply here.
Activity: 252
Merit: 29
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
How is this going to be possible when I can just decide to install old drivers on the RTX 3060 gpu? I will wait and see how this plays out, unless the gpu is forced to work with the only driver they plan to provide, anyways there are many other GPUs available for mining, I have no problem with RTX3070 anyways
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
What's their problem?  Angry What business does geforce and nvidia have with miners that makes them want to lower hashrate for RTX3060? People don't just buy costly gpu for gaming only, in fact everyone has the right to do what they like with their gpu since they paid for them, what's nvidia business in mining ? This is weird to be honest

The right procedure here is make their gpu miners better than gaming gpus, limiting gpus will only make it worse.

I think their goal is to dump all their low binned dies that they had no use for in these mining cards.
How are they going to force miners to update to the newest driver? Without such mechanism, this isn't really a solution. Also, miners could just try to create their own drivers in the future. And the worst, if their algorithms would detect false-positives during gaming, it could create very annoying frame drops that would ruin the experience for people who just bought a top GPU for games.

IMO Nvidia should create ASICS based on their GPU technology that will far outperform their GPU in mining, to solve the problem once and for all. Releasing dedicated mining GPU is not enough, miners actually seek gaming GPUs because they have higher resale value once the bull run is over.

I dont follow what you are saying at all.

They are only limiting the 3060. Nvidia made the hardware and they alone make the drivers. The 3060 will not run on drivers currently available. So when Nvidia releases the 3060 drivers on launch, they will be modified to reduce hashrate.

There will be no way to "unlock" hashrate because the drivers are closed source. I imagine its going to be a little harder than unlocking unlimited NVENC sessions on geforce cards like I did for my 1650 Super in my Plex server.

Nvidia isnt stupid. Someone may figure out a driver hack but if they do, dont count on it being made public.
What's their problem?  Angry What business does geforce and nvidia have with miners that makes them want to lower hashrate for RTX3060? People don't just buy costly gpu for gaming only, in fact everyone has the right to do what they like with their gpu since they paid for them, what's nvidia business in mining ? This is weird to be honest

Nvidia has always software locked cards, you just didnt care before because it never affected you.

For the longest time 10 bit color was only available on Geforce GPUs for full screen games and nothing else. Also, the only thing that differentiates the Quadro line is software level tweaks that severely reduce the capability of Geforce cards. The only hardware difference is usually ECC memory.

Dont be mad they limited 3060 hashrate, this had to happen, there is no sign of this ending right now and gamers have been raging hard. And its only the 3060 they're doing this to, and I suppose possibly any future 6GB GPU that comes after it.
hahahahahaha asshole scalpers and miners hoping to bot the next launch got a swift kick in the nuts.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster

The right procedure here is make their gpu miners better than gaming gpus, limiting gpus will only make it worse.
Activity: 238
Merit: 17
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 2144
How are they going to force miners to update to the newest driver? Without such mechanism, this isn't really a solution. Also, miners could just try to create their own drivers in the future. And the worst, if their algorithms would detect false-positives during gaming, it could create very annoying frame drops that would ruin the experience for people who just bought a top GPU for games.

IMO Nvidia should create ASICS based on their GPU technology that will far outperform their GPU in mining, to solve the problem once and for all. Releasing dedicated mining GPU is not enough, miners actually seek gaming GPUs because they have higher resale value once the bull run is over.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2021/02/18/geforce-cmp/

This should be interesting.  How long before we some driver level hack to unlock their full potential?

The specs for these new CPM mining cards don't sound too optimal, but maybe after OC and underclock they will be in line with current 3XXX GPU's.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/cmp/
Pages:
Jump to: