Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 211. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
How come NxtReporting doesn't update the balance, assets owned, and other account information as quickly as NXTblocks? For example, I just recently transferred an asset to another account and NxtReporting doesn't show this transfer yet while NXTblocks already does.

Some explorers just lag a bit behind due to how fast they handle and display new blocks (maybe they only check once every n minutes)

nxtexplorer.com does it as well, whereas
nxtportal.org (my favourite) updates almost in realtime.

Ah, OK thanks for the explanation.

Before NXT, I usually used Blockchain.info which usually updates instantly so I didn't know that some blockchain explorers were updated faster/slower than others.

EDIT: Looks like nxtportal doesn't support partial searches whereas NXTblocks does. e.g. searching for "NXT-NFUN" doesn't show up a list of accounts containing "NFUN" in their name. Sad
legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
How come NxtReporting doesn't update the balance, assets owned, and other account information as quickly as NXTblocks? For example, I just recently transferred an asset to another account and NxtReporting doesn't show this transfer yet while NXTblocks already does.

Some explorers just lag a bit behind due to how fast they handle and display new blocks (maybe they only check once every n minutes)

nxtexplorer.com does it as well, whereas
nxtportal.org (my favourite) updates almost in realtime.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Info on Nxt's new multipool for the miners among us can be found here:

https://nxtforum.org/nxt-indirect-mining/(xpool-ca)(multipool)-paying-(nxt)-(btc)-(dash)-(btcd)-(fibre)-(bits)

Please pass on any feedback in the thread
Are arbitrary messages used this much that it is necessary to prune it? Wouldn't it make more sense to implement blockchain pruning, would it?

Jean Luc has finished Blockchain Pruning of Arbitrary Messages and will be included in the next testnet release  Shocked

The implementation of prunable plain and encrypted messages is complete and will be in 1.5.1e.

Arbitrary Messages is a misleading name as it makes people think that they are only used for instant messaging or other similar usage.

Arbitrary Messages (AM) are actually the main data storage method in Nxt. A more descriptive translation might be "Any data storage" but limited to 1kB. So you can think of this as blockchain pruning. They are used to store hashes and reference in third party apps and such like, James uses them a lot in his projects. If the transaction is complete, the AMs are no longer needed so it is good they can be pruned.

In the next version of Nxt, this size is being increased to 40kB to make them more useful. So the Fees for these are still be discussed AFAIK, but if too cheap then there is potential for bad guys to block the blockchain cheaply. Hence, blockchain pruning being implemented too.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
Are arbitrary messages used this much that it is necessary to prune it? Wouldn't it make more sense to implement blockchain pruning, would it?

Jean Luc has finished Blockchain Pruning of Arbitrary Messages and will be included in the next testnet release  Shocked

The implementation of prunable plain and encrypted messages is complete and will be in 1.5.1e.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

Jean-Luc, i love yu  Kiss Grin

Nxt has a new Multipool for miners to get Nxt. Try it out, report any problems  Grin

Ok, NXT is available as a payout option on my pool. Please help support NXT and the pool, come mine with your ASIC's that have been collecting dust Wink

xpool . ca

Any problems, let me know as it took quite a bit to get this working and there may very well be some bugs to squish.

Cheers!
tyz
legendary
Wow, this sounds really cool. Seems Nxt settles another unique feature in the crypto world.

Wondering if Nxt 1.5 will have multisign on board? I remember that it was planned for version 1.5.

1.5 will have two phased transactions, which is Nxt's new and improved version of multisig.

It not only makes a transaction that only goes through if the correct amount of people sign off on it.
But it also allows you to create transactions that depend on the results of a poll.
As well as a transaction that only goes through if a hash is revealed (P2H)
As well as a transaction that only goes through if another transaction also is accepted (Atomic on chain transactions)

So 1.5 should be very cool, and 1.5.0e is being tested on the public testnet right now.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Wondering if Nxt 1.5 will have multisign on board? I remember that it was planned for version 1.5.

1.5 will have two phased transactions, which is Nxt's new and improved version of multisig.

It not only makes a transaction that only goes through if the correct amount of people sign off on it.
But it also allows you to create transactions that depend on the results of a poll.
As well as a transaction that only goes through if a hash is revealed (P2H)
As well as a transaction that only goes through if another transaction also is accepted (Atomic on chain transactions)

So 1.5 should be very cool, and 1.5.0e is being tested on the public testnet right now.
tyz
legendary
I think the SSL cert ran out today, I already flagged it up.

There was a lot of projects to have nxt websites that have consolidated. Nextcoin.org was hosted by Graviton, I think most traffic moved to nxtforun.org so he shut it down.

Tell me if you have missing info from your bookmarks.
Not sure if this is just a problem on my end but it seems there might be an issue with the site's certificate for Nxtcrypto.org which hosts the NXT wiki:

Also, why does NXT keep switching its domains around? I just recently found a bookmarked list of NXT sites on my computer from 2014 and half of the links either don't work or redirect to other sites. e.g. Nxtcommunity.org and Nxtcrypto.org now redirect to Nxter.org. Nextcoin.org doesn't resolve at all (does anyone here know what happened to it?). Nxtra.org now redirects to Nxt.org. Nxtcrypto.org redirects to Nxter.org but the wiki is still hosted at Nxtcrypto.org. Nxtclients.org redirects to Nxt.org and Forums.nxtcrypto.org no longer works. So confusing! (Not to mention it's probably not all that great in terms of SEO either.)
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Milestone reached in independent verification of Nxt's algo, courtesy of Vitalik Buterin  Wink

In the paper - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/vbuterin/scalability_paper/master/scalability.pdf, the authors used Nxt algo as an example. It seems a confirmation of Nxt security (But I am not a expert)

Example 3.0.2. The cryptoeconomically secure entropy source used in NXT[16] is de ned recursively as follows:
 E(G) = 0
 E( + ) = sha256(E()+V ( )) where V ( ) is the block proposer of

Assumption 3.1. For any time internal I, there exists some xed probabil-ity po(I) such that a node randomly selected according to the weight functionused to measure a cryptoeconomic state machine's Byzantine fault tolerancecan be expected to be oine for at least the next I seconds starting from anyparticular point in time with at least probability po.Note. We can derive the above assumption from an altruism assumption bysimply stating in the protocol that nodes \should" randomly drop oinewith low probability; however, in practice it is simpler and cleaner to relyonly on natural faults.Note. Combining the two uninuenceability criteria into one (\it is impos-
sible to increase the probability of P from p to p  (1+k) without expendingat least b L k resources") is likely very dicult; it is hard to avoid having
ways to cheaply multiply the probability of low-probability predicates byonly acting when you are sure that your action will have an inuence on theresult.

Lemma 3.0.3. The NXT algorithm described above satis es the conditionsfor being a cryptoeconomically secure entropy source.Proof. To prove unpredictability, we note that the NXT blockchain pro-duces a block every minute, and so the update v   sha256(v; V ( )) takesplace once a minute. During each round of updating, there is a probabil-ity 1 ...........

BCNext's idea not to provide the whitepaper to force an independent analysis has finally worked. Good, now this page can be turned.
daedelus is nxt accepted in amsterdam ?
can i get my silver haze for nxt next time i go ? Smiley
(if not Ill just use cash, it does the thing just fine since 3000+ years Cool)

Moved from: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nxt-development-discussion-the-dev-plan-that-keeps-on-delivering-831202

I don't know, why not ask some of the Dutch Nxt guys?  Cheesy
daedelus is nxt accepted in amsterdam ?
can i get my silver haze for nxt next time i go ? Smiley
(if not Ill just use cash, it does the thing just fine since 3000+ years Cool)

Moved from: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nxt-development-discussion-the-dev-plan-that-keeps-on-delivering-831202
Activity: 261
Like always, great job !
Milestone reached in independent verification of Nxt's algo, courtesy of Vitalik Buterin  Wink

In the paper - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/vbuterin/scalability_paper/master/scalability.pdf, the authors used Nxt algo as an example. It seems a confirmation of Nxt security (But I am not a expert)

Example 3.0.2. The cryptoeconomically secure entropy source used in NXT[16] is de ned recursively as follows:
 E(G) = 0
 E( + ) = sha256(E()+V ( )) where V ( ) is the block proposer of

Assumption 3.1. For any time internal I, there exists some xed probabil-ity po(I) such that a node randomly selected according to the weight functionused to measure a cryptoeconomic state machine's Byzantine fault tolerancecan be expected to be oine for at least the next I seconds starting from anyparticular point in time with at least probability po.Note. We can derive the above assumption from an altruism assumption bysimply stating in the protocol that nodes \should" randomly drop oinewith low probability; however, in practice it is simpler and cleaner to relyonly on natural faults.Note. Combining the two uninuenceability criteria into one (\it is impos-
sible to increase the probability of P from p to p  (1+k) without expendingat least b L k resources") is likely very dicult; it is hard to avoid having
ways to cheaply multiply the probability of low-probability predicates byonly acting when you are sure that your action will have an inuence on theresult.

Lemma 3.0.3. The NXT algorithm described above satis es the conditionsfor being a cryptoeconomically secure entropy source.Proof. To prove unpredictability, we note that the NXT blockchain pro-duces a block every minute, and so the update v   sha256(v; V ( )) takesplace once a minute. During each round of updating, there is a probabil-ity 1 ...........

BCNext's idea not to provide the whitepaper to force an independent analysis has finally worked. Good, now this page can be turned.
Jump to: