Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 238. (Read 941261 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
6 block to go till Monetary System activation!

http://jnxt.org/countdown/?block=330000
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
I took inspiration by NXT wallet passphrases, my generating-password-pattern is now a pseudo random 20words string.
I call it pseudo random cause the algohoritm is my stream of consciousness. Cheesy

If anyone hacks your account, they will not only have your NXT but a window into your soul.

How would you crack a 20random words password?

Human brains aren't good at being random. So it's not really random. Using something like dice or cards to pick words would be random. That said, it's probably safe.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
I took inspiration by NXT wallet passphrases, my generating-password-pattern is now a pseudo random 20words string.
I call it pseudo random cause the algohoritm is my stream of consciousness. Cheesy

If anyone hacks your account, they will not only have your NXT but a window into your soul.

Rubber hose cryptography. Other than that, you're probably good.
legendary
Merit: 1001

m19
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Why the mynxt.org wallet can't broadcast the transaction?

What do you mean exactly? You have transaction bytes and you want to manually broadcast the transaction?
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

Activity: 574
I wanted to put this here to raise awareness of it, people still say Nxt has 2-3 devs  Cheesy

We have 9 core devs and another team has just joined us. And that is not counting other figures working closely to the core like like Come-from-Beyond, anduiman, mthcl (and ignoring third party guys like JL777, Landomata etc)

P.s. Nxt has 9 devs in the core dev team Jean-Luc Picard, lyaffe, kushti, MrV777, mess, Yustas, HolgerD77, jones and ChuckOne
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/core-dev-recognition-guide-and-donation-addresses/

Another team of devs joined a couple of days ago, but there are no details on them yet
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/price-speculation/msg146291/#msg146291 )

Fight ignorance, where you can   Cheesy
Activity: 574
Creating your own passwords....  Shocked ok, but don't put any money in these accounts that you wouldn't mind losing through a hole in your pocket  Grin

Glad the 100k was resolved.

I don't think mynxt.org has integrated all of Nxt's features yet (it is a third party wallet). I posted abuelau to check in.

Bittrex, a recurring issue  Undecided They haven't incorporated this into their exchange so you can use a faucet for your first transaction. Soon (maybe even block 300,000?) this step will become optional so there won't be any more problems with Bittrex on this. Go to http://jnxt.org/key/ to initialise your account and then go back to Bittrex to do your transfer. Every other exchange has included this step, Bittrex hasn't for some reason.

Edit: Virustotal, I don't know for sure but there have been some false positives in the past.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
Activity: 644
hey guys.How do i send nxt from bittrex to wallet.keeps saying invalind address Huh
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Why the mynxt.org wallet can't broadcast the transaction?
Activity: 1132
Merit: 818
Hi everyone, just wanted to let everyone know that the issue I had with Cryptsy with a 100k withdrawal that went to the fith dimension has been resolved. Cryptsy refunded my account.
legendary
legendary
Merit: 1010
Is there any plan to simplify the wallet of NXT?
I mean the brain wallet need a very very long  passphrase which keep people away.

A randomly generated 15 char password will be plenty secure. I think someone put up a challenge to crack a 12 character NXT password somewhere with a big NXT reward. It hasn't been claimed yet afaik.

Bolded for emphasis.

Random is the key.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Hello,

Can someone help me on how to Minimize to System Tray the NXT NRS window that opens after running run.bat?

Cant figure it out.

Thanks,

Costas90

You can't unless that app has a feature to do that. I think the Wesley wallet has the feature. Or, you can set up the wallet to run as a service and it won't have any UI window.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Hello,

Can someone help me on how to Minimize to System Tray the NXT NRS window that opens after running run.bat?

Cant figure it out.

Thanks,

Costas90
legendary
Activity: 1736
Is there any plan to simplify the wallet of NXT?
I mean the brain wallet need a very very long  passphrase which keep people away.

A randomly generated 15 char password will be plenty secure. I think someone put up a challenge to crack a 12 character NXT password somewhere with a big NXT reward. It hasn't been claimed yet afaik.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
somebody just sell for this guy  Angry
Jump to: