Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 239. (Read 941261 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
Do you think NXT will replace BTC ?

Nxt's purpose is not to replace anything, it's purpose is to provide a valuable and robust financial platform.  Nxt and BTC can easily co-exist as they are so different.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Do you think NXT will replace BTC ?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

A few months ago DGEX and NXT Chance joined forces to develop games for the 2nd gen cryptos, and Gamule was born.

Gamule strives to provide simple yet pleasurable gaming experience with low barrier to play. We start with a suite of three games, refined from the popular crypto gaming concepts.

We are planning for the long haul, growing alongside 2nd generation cryptos, making plans for more features and an expanding user base. The development of our next multiplayer game is already well underway.

Interesting, will check it out, thanks for the update.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

That's great, especially because http://cointelegraph.com/news/113260/shapeshift-releases-new-tool-allowing-merchants-to-accept-payments-in-10-cryptocurrencies

Great! So not "just another exchange" then  Grin I hadn't heard of Shapeshift. I've noticed the ads, but I just ignore those Smiley
Activity: 593
Hi.
The wallet has a support of Russian?
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
Is there any plan to simplify the wallet of NXT?
I mean the brain wallet need a very very long  passphrase which keep people away.

mofowallet or mynxt.org wallet could be interesting for you!

One thing I would say: You need a very long password as well for bitcoin wallets, or else a hacker that steals your wallet.dat will have access to your coins.

Short passwords are bad everywhere, we need to change the way we think about security.

edit: I always suggest people to use KeePass 2 or Lastpass, makes it easy to safely copy & paste strong passwords everywhere.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Is there any plan to simplify the wallet of NXT?
I mean the brain wallet need a very very long  passphrase which keep people away.
Activity: 396
Hello good ppl,
may I draw your attention to this wonderful new nxtforum section:

https://nxtforum.org/nxter-org/main-thread/

Read some new articles, join the MS thunderclap campaign, win some Nxterpoints (NXTP). Even contribute to the project you may. Smiley

Thx.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
Critical update before height 330,000.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Release 1.4.7

https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/downloads/nxt-client-1.4.7.zip

sha256:

1965173efb65925828a629154a404782e3a9ad9d3e64e7093bf78734342825d3  nxt-client-1.4.7.zip

Change log:

This is a mandatory update. Everyone should update to 1.4.7 or later before
block 330000.

The Message Pattern in AccountInfo feature, introduced in 1.4.0e, has been
disabled, and will not be activated at block 330000. This is to prevent
possible denial of service attacks by malicious regular expression patterns
which can cause excessive CPU load with certain inputs. This feature will
probably be introduced again in 1.5, but with a predefined set of allowed
well behaved regex patterns.

Multiple minor UI improvements and bugfixes.

Enhanced nxt.allowedBotHosts property to also accepts a range of addresses
using CIDR notation.

This release will perform a rescan on first start, on testnet only.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)

iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJUrCMhAAoJEFOhyXc7+e2AV2sQAJVZ92xvW3VewLVMQxCekbd6
Pd86NZJ/I/0cdwGNIO6/s4Ct/NRDs2Ijk0gJ1QUJjnyouOMkFJBqatx0wHdjZsgV
S/YNVWOBqAxM+KgxzAK1BnVI6SGH1wjGfBr6qT3Vupn5gVFiCjtWWFTY0GqhX5Nw
CmpZ5WvcqrYAL0tc8DPLmOQmwZ8mTIpO9d6/IxtZjQbjpNBkGJPm+p0VsqV+0xcI
GMD4H7Xb7E9kUCW3JtarkJjjDbtRicfWeTp/6MLSvoLwe1HjfDTBGjSfE6eNyDA7
8dbK8L0lxfqT0CEoyUj8ie2bFo7mV3wRDYI/cZ2Nyg5fwbaT930yTSb6qgQ+T4sl
6udDFLgMiM3cEQl5otsnIH7Ms7ZbKe9JWUk3jgIPrC4RuUOxJpsBfxklK/Rchzgn
6/1Y6Z4Jq7S+JeIo8aC0kn9h2DNlXtBGAG8NPi04hkrkZTJXpafERAt0++MgesiW
5gxWD+lwN35Xz1qebmSV5sxTdoweYHR83Ql2EDovtGdpoD+3VL/iTqv8oYZiAj7U
BBnFWMyd6fFKmLjAwQ0OBbIZcNFgsT1m+GasuD1lR0TlCLjsCP0tFpaHx2azthvw
DWWxYvX1IvWv/OCbfkmwEaU87TuZOT5hxuTl1V/h+OVOyu2t7X87xQIk1tzltmT6
Q0RgXGfryFRlysOCVs3A
=/fMC
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

C.R.I.T.I.C.A.L.
Activity: 364
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
Critical update before height 330,000.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Release 1.4.7

https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/downloads/nxt-client-1.4.7.zip

sha256:

1965173efb65925828a629154a404782e3a9ad9d3e64e7093bf78734342825d3  nxt-client-1.4.7.zip

Change log:

This is a mandatory update. Everyone should update to 1.4.7 or later before
block 330000.

The Message Pattern in AccountInfo feature, introduced in 1.4.0e, has been
disabled, and will not be activated at block 330000. This is to prevent
possible denial of service attacks by malicious regular expression patterns
which can cause excessive CPU load with certain inputs. This feature will
probably be introduced again in 1.5, but with a predefined set of allowed
well behaved regex patterns.

Multiple minor UI improvements and bugfixes.

Enhanced nxt.allowedBotHosts property to also accepts a range of addresses
using CIDR notation.

This release will perform a rescan on first start, on testnet only.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
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=/fMC
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Activity: 490
Merit: 504
Join Twittter/Facebook Monetary System Campaign at Thunderclap:

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/20959-create-your-own-cryptocurrency

Please support campaign with your Twitter and Facebook accounts, also ask your friends Smiley
How did this get missed?

NxtAT pays its first dividend >>> https://nxtforum.org/automated-transactions/information-of-the-at-project/msg144645/#msg144645

Congrats to all involved  Grin
Which one am I supposed to download? 1.4.5 or 1.4.6?

On the main NXT website at Nxt.org, the download link is for 1.4.5. The OP also says 1.4.5. But when I look at the announcement on the NXT forum at Nxtforum.org, it says "HARD FORK AT BLOCK 330,000 - Update to the latest Nxt Client 1.4.6".

Is 1.4.6 an unstable version still in development? I don't usually like to download alpha or beta versions due to the risk of bugs.

Also my laptop running XP has 1 GB of RAM and running the NXT client along with multiple tabs open on Firefox is very slow. I am thinking of switching to a light client like Mofowallet (I don't use online wallets as my main wallet for security reasons) but I don't want to lose out on the forging benefits. Sad

EDIT: Wait, does Mofowallet support forging without running a full node? How is this possible? Huh

If you download the installer (known as NxtWallet) from...

https://nxtforum.org/alternative-clients/(windows-mac-linux)-nxtwallet/msg146179/#msg146179

...you can update to 1.4.6 from within the client.

If downloading the NRS client (the original one with the black window with all the code in it), download 1.4.6 directly from...

https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-4-6/

... or the link at the top of nxtforum.org.

1.4.6 is a full release (not alpha of beta) but that doesn't guarantee no bugs  Grin

Try mofowallet, it is lightweight so no blockchain to download. It is unknown to me so I don't know much about it.
Activity: 462
Which one am I supposed to download? 1.4.5 or 1.4.6?

On the main NXT website at Nxt.org, the download link is for 1.4.5. The OP also says 1.4.5. But when I look at the announcement on the NXT forum at Nxtforum.org, it says "HARD FORK AT BLOCK 330,000 - Update to the latest Nxt Client 1.4.6".

Is 1.4.6 an unstable version still in development? I don't usually like to download alpha or beta versions due to the risk of bugs.

Also my laptop running XP has 1 GB of RAM and running the NXT client along with multiple tabs open on Firefox is very slow. I am thinking of switching to a light client like Mofowallet (I don't use online wallets as my main wallet for security reasons) but I don't want to lose out on the forging benefits. Sad

EDIT: Wait, does Mofowallet support forging without running a full node? How is this possible? Huh
Activity: 1132
Merit: 818
Hey everyone. Today I got a big scare when trying to transfer the small fortune of NXT (100k+) I amassed on Cryptsy to my wallet. I transfered it but I forgot I was using a new adress and did not include the public key. I don't know if that was the cause but anyway the transfer went to the 5th dimension. No tx-id, no NXT received in my wallet, no NXT left on Cryptsy. A second transaction I did after that with a small amount (also without the public key) did transfer.

I filed a ticket with Cryptsy. Any other advice would be appreciated. I live by the rule to not invest more then I can afford to lose but this is still almost a months salary.

Something similar happened to me when trying to transfer NXT from Cryptsy (not nearly as many).  I only got it resolved by making the biggest stink possible here at bitcoin forum.  Cryptsy doesn't like it when you openly talk about their problems on this board, so they get to your problem fast.  There are people who have been waiting three or four months for their NXT deposits from Cryptsy.  There is some kind of trouble, and for some reason Cryptsy won't fix it.  All I can tell you is email and complain as much as possible.

edited to add:  Here is the original post I made about my Cryptsy problems. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7728955

Thanks for the advice!! And good to hear you got it resolved. Too bad it took so much trouble but at least it's resolvable, that's what's most important to me given the amount...

I received an email from Cryptsy stating that they escalated this problem to the 2nd line and that I should be patient..... I'll give them a week.

You can use this service to initialize your Nxt account:

http://jnxt.org/key/

It's free, has no security implications and after doing that you don't have to give your public key to the exchange!

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055
Hey everyone. Today I got a big scare when trying to transfer the small fortune of NXT (100k+) I amassed on Cryptsy to my wallet. I transfered it but I forgot I was using a new adress and did not include the public key. I don't know if that was the cause but anyway the transfer went to the 5th dimension. No tx-id, no NXT received in my wallet, no NXT left on Cryptsy. A second transaction I did after that with a small amount (also without the public key) did transfer.

I filed a ticket with Cryptsy. Any other advice would be appreciated. I live by the rule to not invest more then I can afford to lose but this is still almost a months salary.

You can use this service to initialize your Nxt account:

http://jnxt.org/key/

It's free, has no security implications and after doing that you don't have to give your public key to the exchange!
Jump to: