Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 281. (Read 941260 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

I am posting this here too:

If you guys decide to HARD FORK after an hack. I will sell every single NXT I own and will tell this every person holding NXT too.

Yes i would probably sell also.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com

I am posting this here too:

If you guys decide to HARD FORK after an hack. I will sell every single NXT I own and will tell this every person holding NXT too.
legendary
This is a fork client. Do not participate pls.
Well hes not trying to hide the fact that it is a fork. He should make the case for why we should use his fork before we dismiss it.
I'm sure you, Anon136 have a very good idea about this, but let me break it down to everyone else:

The linked node was to be used when less than 720 blocks had passed since the BTER theft. In those 720 block's time forgers could have rewritten the entire chain to stop the thief. Now that those 720 blocks are buried in the chain already, it's too late for the chains to merge and using this node will set you on a fork.

In other words: this client is no longer relevant. Use it only if you want trouble, or wish to trouble other Nxt users.

Gotcha. I could see supporting a fork to stop someone attacking the network its self, but i cant get behind a fork to stop a thief.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Well hes not trying to hide the fact that it is a fork. He should make the case for why we should use his fork before we dismiss it.
I'm sure you, Anon136 have a very good idea about this, but let me break it down to everyone else:

The linked node was to be used when less than 720 blocks had passed since the BTER theft. In those 720 block's time forgers could have rewritten the entire chain to stop the thief. Now that those 720 blocks are buried in the chain already, it's too late for the chains to merge and using this node will set you on a fork.

In other words: this client is no longer relevant. Use it only if you want trouble, or wish to trouble other Nxt users.

for reference.

https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/forgers-have-been-faced-with-a-choice/msg84391/#msg84391

"Rollback is no longer possible, however a hard fork is still possible, and it will not affect transactions other than those from the frozen account. As long as some nodes still forge using 1.2.5f, and the two networks of nodes are still connected (not actively blacklisting each other), new transactions are being propagated to both node versions and being included into both forks. If enough users decide to switch to the 1.2.5f fork, it is still possible - however now the 1.2.5 nodes are not going to switch automatically to the other fork, no matter how better in terms of cumulative difficulty it becomes. In a way, it is no longer forgers that determine which fork will win, but what clients all individual users will decide to run - 1.2.5 or 1.2.5f.

There is no penalty for a forger currently to forge on both forks (this will change once Economic Clustering is active, but this is not scheduled yet). So the 1.2.5f fork can still be forged on for now, until a resolution and consensus how to handle the situation is reached.

But this is a temporary situation and irreconcilable differences between the two forks will occur even if you ignore transactions originating from the frozen account. A transaction for whatever reason may just not make it to the 1.2.5f fork. Forging fees will inevitably be different. The same account forging on both forks may generate a block on one but not on the other, and because of forging fees its balance will become different. Then a transaction from such account may be possible on one fork, but exceed the account available balance on the other, and end up rejected there. Eventually one of the forks will have to be abandoned.

I am not doing more work on the 1.2.5f version, but as it is out there users are free to use it. If it wins, I will integrate it into the main release.

Also note that as soon as one of the forks reaches DGS blocks, its transaction will no longer be accepted by the other fork until it too reaches DGS block (if they haven't expired by then). This would become another source of differences between forks. Users really should make their choice before block 213000. Now 1.2.5 is at 211035, 1.2.5f is at 210440."

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

legendary

Activity: 616
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
A bit shocking to me - not much because NXT community is known for not being the brightest one - people opted for not helping Bter. Nothing would change except transaction
which moved coins from Bter to thief account and no one helped with that? Some really dumb people even compared proposal with bank bail-outs, where taxpayer money is used
without even asking for permission from taxpayers to rescue bank which might go bust. So even though people were not asked for any money nor money was taken from them
to bail-out Bter it is all still looked upon as a big no-no. "It is Bter fault, we don't wanna help them to return stolen coins and we don't care those coins are actualy ours and are
now sitting in thief's account ready to inflict massive damage on AE and other areas no one has control over!" - you are a bunch of halflings. "Rollback thing is going to fail" - well,
you will see how bad consequances of "your" stupid decision will be as soon as Bter resumes trading and Cryptsy deposits start working.

You had two choices and you have again "chosen" the worse one. Like a mindless herd, you were following advices of people who are just a bit less clueless than you are but you
are now pretending it was your choice - no, it was not. There was no community decision here. There was decision by badly informed few followed by a mindless herd which
proved you are actualy way worse than goverments, FEDs and others who you seemingly oppose and act upon as you are an improvement. What sort of a fucking improvement
you are when you refused to help - at no extra costs - someone who helped you all massively and instead rewarded someone who screwed both you and entity in question here?

The problem is making a fake public ledger is not in anyones best interest.

Nxt  passed a big test. It made the hard choice.

I know you think it's ok to rewrite history if it looks like a good option.

That is not the purpose of the public ledger.

The public ledger is there to show what happened in REAL LIFE.

If there is not a problem with the code. We stick with the correct code and the CORRECT public ledger.

We can not just pick and choose what public ledger suits us best, or it loses all credibility.

The Nxt public ledger is the correct one, the real one. The world has been shown that this will most likey continue to be the case, and this is a VERY GOOD THING for Nxt.

GREAT JOB GUYS!!

This. If we start allowing cryptos to rewrite the chain, what is the point of having anything more then paypal. I get that lots of people lost by storing their coins in a centralized location. I get that this will hurt people. But....

As a holder of a specific cryptocurrency I should know for certain that my funds are safe no matter what. If I kill small children, get a large government after me or even piss on satoshis' grave, I should be certain that my funds are my funds and no consensus of peers is able to take them away. Otherwise what is the point of all this shit we are working on. Our systems are not made to judge, just made to have a fully trustless public ledger that cannot be changed.
We are making global, decentralized, De-governmentalized, free from emotion money. If I buy hookers and blow that is my choice, if I buy weapons to bioweapons that is my choice. The blockchain and the coin should have no impact on the fungibility of my coins.

If you can not understand this...take your profit and go away.

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
Any fork predicated on an exchange hack will kill the coin's credibility.

This coin has no credibility, it has few great developers and an army of worms roaming around expecting to become butterflies that will actualy hatch to ugly horseshit flies.  Grin

subSTRATA, go back to play your NXT-Turtle game and STFU.  Kiss

Isn't it really bad you can not ban me here? I know it hurts to see the truth revealed but get used to it, I'm not going anywhere nor will you or other NXT halflings silence me.

anyways...the guy thesircom (the supposed hacker) is posting on the nxtforums right now.

https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/three-solutions-proposed-by-bter-com-(200btc-deal-or-310btc-bounty-or-fork)/180/

"What do you want as deal?" - so now some of you people are negotiating with a thief? You have a power to null his hack but you instead negotiate? A new chapter in "How to
stay powerless mindless idiot" (e)book, it seems.

Mate, if you get your rollback you'll be the first dumping all your NXT - along with all the others who regain what they lost.

Look at VRC, a rollback, fork or whatever you want to call it will kill the coin.

Price must - and will - drop one way or another but that does not mean coin will die. New players would join and, given how fucked up current NXT majority is, that can only benefit
NXT as a whole even if just complete idiots join. Reading alway the same bullshits from always the same self-proclaimed rulers of NXT became boring months ago. The best outcome
of all this would be owners of 1M+ NXT selling half of their coins to ones who do not have any coins - preferably ones who are more than a mere cryptocoin "investors".
Activity: 658

This coin has no credibility, it has few great developers and an army of worms roaming around expecting to become butterflies that will actualy hatch to ugly horseshit flies.  Grin

Isn't it really bad you can not ban me here? I know it hurts to see the truth revealed but get used to it, I'm not going anywhere nor will you or other NXT halflings silence me.

anyways...the guy thesircom (the supposed hacker) is posting on the nxtforums right now.

https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/three-solutions-proposed-by-bter-com-(200btc-deal-or-310btc-bounty-or-fork)/180/

"What do you want as deal?" - so now some of you people are negotiating with a thief? You have a power to null his hack but you instead negotiate? A new chapter in "How to

Mate, if you get your rollback you'll be the first dumping all your NXT - along with all the others who regain what they lost.

Look at VRC, a rollback, fork or whatever you want to call it will kill the coin.
legendary

"What do you want as deal?" - so now some of you people are negotiating with a thief? You have a power to null his theft but you instead negotiate? A new chapter in "How to
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

This coin has no credibility, it has few great developers and an army of worms roaming around expecting to become butterflies that will actualy hatch to ugly horseshit flies.  Grin

subSTRATA, go back to play your NXT-Turtle game and STFU.  Kiss

This coin has no credibility, it has few great developers and an army of worms roaming around expecting to become butterflies that will actualy hatch to ugly horseshit flies.  Grin

Why are you so anxious if the coin is "ugly horseshit flies"?
legendary

how much did you have on BTER and are going to lose?  it seems like a lot, you seem quite angry

Expectable reply - members of mindless pathetic herd can not see things outside of prism of money. That is why all this cryptocoin "movement" gonna fail miserably as soon
as true rulers show up. They don't even have to bring guns - all they have to do to overtake any and all coins is offer you and alikes money, a lot of it (which they previously
made out of thin air hence worthless) and you will surender everything including "your" holy blockchain.

Yup, a lot.
Any fork predicated on an exchange hack will kill the coin's credibility. If it happens once, it will happen again and the coin will be subject to endless fork requests for trivial reasons.

Shit happens, you can't turn back the clock.
legendary
Hey, let's do a test to check what would be "your" decision. Here it is:

Hacker manages to steal all NXT from current majority stakeholders - that means "important" NXT people whos asses you are licking right now - and acquires let's say 450M coins.

1. Ignore and continue forging as if nothing happened. History must not be rewritten and so on.
2. Opt for any fucking shit people who lost coins would come up with - hardfork, blocking of accounts, rollback, deletion of transactions - to protect NXT (their wealth actualy).

Yes, you would chose 2. which proves that:

a. You are clueless dumb follower.
b. There are double standards in part of NXT community - Bter is (just like me) an outsider, not a part of mighty NXT "elite" and hence not worthy of "your" holy interventions.

Recommended read is linked below, absolutely neccessary so that you eventualy realise who exactly you are protecting here - actualy, I will say it because your capabilities are
very limited = you are not protecting NXT because it (as a software) does not give a fuck about any of it and will continue to live for as long as 2 nodes are online and
at least 1 of them is forging. That is NXT, you idiots!

http://kolinevans.wordpress.com/2014/07/31/cryptocurrency-to-cryptocurrency-ipos-are-a-completely-corrupt-deception-the-simple-technical-guide

how much did you have on BTER and are going to lose?  it seems like a lot, you seem quite angry

Expectable reply - members of mindless pathetic herd can not see things outside of prism of money. That is why all this cryptocoin "movement" gonna fail miserably as soon
as true rulers show up. They don't even have to bring guns - all they have to do to overtake any and all coins is offer you and alikes money, a lot of it (which they previously
made out of thin air hence worthless) and you will surender everything including "your" holy blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
mining is so 2012-2013
Hey, let's do a test to check what would be "your" decision. Here it is:

Hacker manages to steal all NXT from current majority stakeholders - that means "important" NXT people whos asses you are licking right now - and acquires let's say 450M coins.

1. Ignore and continue forging as if nothing happened. History must not be rewritten and so on.
2. Opt for any fucking shit people who lost coins would come up with - hardfork, blocking of accounts, rollback, deletion of transactions - to protect NXT (their wealth actualy).

Yes, you would chose 2. which proves that:

a. You are clueless dumb follower.
b. There are double standards in part of NXT community - Bter is (just like me) an outsider, not a part of mighty NXT "elite" and hence not worthy of "your" holy interventions.

Recommended read is linked below, absolutely neccessary so that you eventualy realise who exactly you are protecting here - actualy, I will say it because your capabilities are
very limited = you are not protecting NXT because it (as a software) does not give a fuck about any of it and will continue to live for as long as 2 nodes are online and
at least 1 of them is forging. That is NXT, you idiots!

http://kolinevans.wordpress.com/2014/07/31/cryptocurrency-to-cryptocurrency-ipos-are-a-completely-corrupt-deception-the-simple-technical-guide

Jump to: