Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 285. (Read 941260 times)

legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
Can anyone confirm...

There is a mention on the nxt forum that the head of bter is in negiotations w the hacker.

Apparently he sent 110 BTC to him in exchange for some of the NXT he stole. The hacker supposedly hasnt sent any nxt back.

Is this true?

How could he not use escrow?..

If that is true... god damn..
Activity: 739
Merit: 500
Can anyone confirm...

There is a mention on the nxt forum that the head of bter is in negiotations w the hacker.

Apparently he sent 110 BTC to him in exchange for some of the NXT he stole. The hacker supposedly hasnt sent any nxt back.

Is this true?

Oh it was even more beautiful than that. It was facepalm worthy.
The communication happend throught the blockchain, you can read it:
https://nxtblocks.info/#section/blockexplorer_messages
https://blockchain.info/address/13UZjKkhHWyTmQ4mx28WT5Wj1zw4pEByZw
Activity: 370
Merit: 251
Can anyone confirm...

Is this true?

Activity: 333
Merit: 250
olls anything back or cancels a transaction it loses all credibility right there. It is a currency. It can not just be changed because someone else is a dumbass. If it is messed with, it fails as its use as a currency. Period. End of story.

Nxt has a Big Opportunity right here to show that they are the REAL THING, by doing nothing.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of NXT4s owner who are morons without any neurons and capabilty to think like you...
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
lol seems NXT is the coolest altcoin community. zero panic on their thread titanic.
Activity: 448
electroneum.com
I had a lot of faith in Nxt

It will be a complete joke if any change is made because an exchange got robbed. We can not change a currency because of the things that are done with it.

If Nxt can't go on with a hacker having this many Nxt = Nxt is a joke that has no future.

If Nxt rolls anything back or cancels a transaction it loses all credibility right there. It is a currency. It can not just be changed because someone else is a dumbass. If it is messed with, it fails as its use as a currency. Period. End of story.

Nxt has a Big Opportunity right here to show that they are the REAL THING, by doing nothing.
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
Bter's systems must have been comprised right? How could they only hacked their NXT wallet? They must of keylogged/read the clipboard and gotten their twelve word seed right?

According to Bter, they have 2factor auth on everything except one server which held Nxt. ( https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/forgers-have-been-faced-with-a-choice/msg81752/#msg81752 ) According to someone claiming to be the thief, not so much (https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/forgers-have-been-faced-with-a-choice/msg81888/#msg81888 )

Possible good news: Message from hacker to Bter " Okay, so I'll send everything back right now, if I get compensated."
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
Bter's systems must have been comprised right? How could they only hacked their NXT wallet? They must of keylogged/read the clipboard and gotten their twelve word seed right?
Activity: 597
Merit: 500
Ok, I saw it referred to as "payout" here so that's why I'm a bit confused.  I was curious what the return or reward or whatever you want to call it would come out to per 1 NXT coin. I'm simply trying to figure out ROI for NXT if the price of NXT doesn't appreciate at all.  Kind of like a dividend for a stock - it's good to know the % return one would get before buying the stock.

Thanks!

If you mean forging, forging is not profitable, at least at this stage of few transactions happening in NXT network, forging is about keeping the network and your investment secure. On average, at the current volume of transactions and with the current static fee you can expect to increase your stake by 0.5% over a year if you forge 24/7. But like I said nobody knows what volume of txs and what fees will be in the future. The supply of NXTs in the system is constant, it doesn't increase, forgers only collects fees that users include with transactions. The larger your stake, the more chance you have to forge a block.

If you have a small stake (less than 50-100k NXTs) and don't want to bother with solo forging, you can lease your effective balance to a pool. Your coins are still in your wallet, pool doesn't have access to them, only your forging power is leased. Effective balance - is a NXT term for forging balance. Effective balance is coins that have stayed in your wallet for at least 1440 blocks (~40-45 hours).

nicely condensed forging explanation, including correct numbers. thx devphp.
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
Ok, I saw it referred to as "payout" here so that's why I'm a bit confused.  I was curious what the return or reward or whatever you want to call it would come out to per 1 NXT coin. I'm simply trying to figure out ROI for NXT if the price of NXT doesn't appreciate at all.  Kind of like a dividend for a stock - it's good to know the % return one would get before buying the stock.

Thanks!

If you mean forging, forging is not profitable, at least at this stage of few transactions happening in NXT network, forging is about keeping the network and your investment secure. On average, at the current volume of transactions and with the current static fee you can expect to increase your stake by 0.5% over a year if you forge 24/7. But like I said nobody knows what volume of txs and what fees will be in the future. The supply of NXTs in the system is constant, it doesn't increase, forgers only collects fees that users include with transactions. The larger your stake, the more chance you have to forge a block.

If you have a small stake (less than 50-100k NXTs) and don't want to bother with solo forging, you can lease your effective balance to a pool. Your coins are still in your wallet, pool doesn't have access to them, only your forging power is leased. Effective balance - is a NXT term for forging balance. Effective balance is coins that have stayed in your wallet for at least 1440 blocks (~40-45 hours).
Activity: 327
The Best Investment Deserves The Largest Exposure
Comparing returns of Litecoin, Dogecoin, Peercoin and NXT:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/comparing-returns-of-litecoin-dogecoin-peercoin-and-nxt-739640

Please vote on the poll there too!
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
MGW, please stay with NXT.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

Can somebody tell me what the current payout is right now per NXT coin per month? 

And how is that payout expected to fluctuate in the near term?  Just a conservative ballpark figure is fine.

Thank you!

There is no "payout" for holding NXT. There is forging fees, but that is based on your balance in your wallet and running it. The forging reward is all the tx fees in the block your forge.

The "dividend" discussed a few message back was for one of the Assets on the NXT Asset Exchange.

Thanks!

There is a NXT forging calculator. http://www.mynxt.info/forging_calculator.php But, don't figure on that to really get a great return. You can also lease your coin to a forging pool to increase your earnings. There are a few pools going right now.

In addition there are several dividend paying assets in the AE though. The one mentioned above expects to pay about a 60% return per year.

So buying NXT is an investment in the platform and the more it is used the higher the value. Also, the number of coins is fixed so there is no inflation.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net

Can somebody tell me what the current payout is right now per NXT coin per month? 

And how is that payout expected to fluctuate in the near term?  Just a conservative ballpark figure is fine.

Thank you!

There is no "payout" for holding NXT. There is forging fees, but that is based on your balance in your wallet and running it. The forging reward is all the tx fees in the block your forge.

The "dividend" discussed a few message back was for one of the Assets on the NXT Asset Exchange.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

Thank you!

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

Thank you!

What kind of payout?
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net

Thank you!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
(Not affiliated with Bitfinex)
I have just successfully paid out 205.32 USDbitfnx in dividend.

Message attached to the dividend payment:
This is the Week 2+3 Dividend Payment!                   
This round, the 1 NXT will be deducted from the dividends.                  
If the dividend amount is below 0.1 USDbitfnx, the dividend will be noted for that account and accumulated.                  
Dividend total: $205,32                  
Total outstanding USDbitfnx not in the issuer account: $15393,11                  
Dividend per USDbitfnx 0.01314 USDbitfnx                   
Please leave some feedback here:                   
Main thread: https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=3884.0                  
Post rating here: https://coinist.co/nxt/nxt-assets/USDbitfnx-nxtbqk9udgp2q9749h3l                  

If you have not received your payment, contact me please.

Next dividend payment will be in exactly 14 days!
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
1000% ROI Masternode Coin
Don't forget today is dividend day Smiley

Ah I forgot! Thanks fore the reminder and thanks for keeping up with this.
Jump to: