Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 344. (Read 941260 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
is NXT really doing that bad that there constantly has to be 3-5 threads on the forums to keep the price afloat?

Yes, that's exactly it. You're a hawk.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
is NXT really doing that bad that there constantly has to be 3-5 threads on the forums to keep the price afloat?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Multigateway (almost trustless crypto to crypto trading) has it's new GUI  Shocked

https://i.imgur.com/vgVJcK2l.png

This just got real  Grin Testers needed.

Go go go!  Grin Grin

That is so freakishly awesome!

Basically with this GUI every crypto-idiot can use it. It is like a simple exchange.

Well done!

Gonna buy some NXT now! (EVEN MORE!!!!)

THIS!!!  Cheesy

Props to jl777, longzai, vanbreuk, joefox, msin, oldnbold, valarmg and about 5 others who I can't remember right now for getting us this far  Grin
This is really amazing. I don't understand all the tech behind it, but I heard it's a big deal.

Once you have a go, you'll wonder why you thought it was so hard  Grin

Think of multigateway as an exchange, but not centralised. The steps are almost the same.

You have BTC and want Nxt so:

1) Send your BTC from your wallet to Multigateway (the exchange).
2) Multigateway converts the BTC into assets (mgwBTC) and puts them in your linked Nxt Account. So all mgwBTC are backed by real BTC.
3) Trade the mgwBTC for NXT on the AE.
4) Nxt in now in your account instead of mgwBTC.

You have just converted BTC to Nxt in an almost trustless way  Grin Grin Good, no?

In reverse, you have NXT but want BTC:

1) Buy mgwBTC on the Asset Exchange, using your Nxt.
2) Send the mgwBTC to the Multigateway.
3) Multigateway converts the asset back into the BTC that is backing it and deposits it in your BTC wallet.

Easy!  Cheesy You'll go through this process once and I'm confident you'll 'get it' if you don't already. Bitcoin, Litecoin and Darkcoin are currently supported but any bitcoind can be added in minutes (I'm told).

It isn't at mass adoption stage yet and needs more testing but it is an incredibly powerful feature. Combine this with Automated Transactions (trustless transactions) and we have the foundation of a digital economy  Shocked  Can't wait  Grin
legendary
Activity: 952
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
My gut!!!!!

That multigateway screenshot looks awesomeeee!

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
Multigateway (almost trustless crypto to crypto trading) has it's new GUI  Shocked

This just got real  Grin Testers needed.

Go go go!  Grin Grin

That is so freakishly awesome!

Basically with this GUI every crypto-idiot can use it. It is like a simple exchange.

Well done!

Gonna buy some NXT now! (EVEN MORE!!!!)
legendary
Activity: 1205
This is really amazing. I don't understand all the tech behind it, but I heard it's a big deal.
Multigateway (almost trustless crypto to crypto trading) has it's new GUI  Shocked

This just got real  Grin Testers needed.

Go go go!  Grin Grin
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
The strength of the NXT, no doubt this is a very individualizing COINS

we need more people to join us..
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
The strength of the NXT, no doubt this is a very individualizing COINS
24% have upgraded so far, good to say the release is less than a day old.

The biggest good news is, the network as a whole has increased by 18% in the last week. Good work people! But we need more nodes before CfB is happy enough to fully implement Transparent Forging.

The network is the one thing clones can't clone, it is our best asset. Let's make sure we look after it and make it stronger Grin

I though transparent forging was already running. How is it generating blocks now?

The last I saw, CfB said TF was 50% implemented. There also won't be a point where you can say 'TF started here". I think it is made up of several elements interacting, a larger network being one of them.

Current forging is a kind of lottery, each Nxt being a ticket. Part of what decides who "wins" is the base target (%). Once transparent forging is fully implented, you will know the forging order so this will not be needed. It is just for boostrapping phase and is discussed in the second or third of BCNexts essays, IIRC.

Sounds complicated, is there a dumbed down explanation in a couple of lines somewhere of how it works?

Won't the forging order being known beforehand be a security risk?

Depends on your defintion of dumbed down  Cheesy Check the whitepaper section of nxtforum (you have to be signed in for it be visible and it is read only, so post in the general tech forum if you need to). It has a TF section written by CfB >> https://nxtforum.org/nxt-whitepaper/ It is written in english rather than java so that could be considered dumbed down  Grin

Transparent Forging is designed to be a pseudo-random but still deterministic process in that only the next 10 blocks or so could be predicted and after that it is statistically random. Like walking through fog, you can't see very far but enough to see what is in front of you and more is revealed as you move forward. This will prevent anyone from trying to game the system by trying to organise it so that they forge a long string of blocks in a row.

I'm not an expert, I only know the headlines and I can't garuantee I am up to date. The best place to look is the link above.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto
legendary
Activity: 1008
24% have upgraded so far, good to say the release is less than a day old.

The biggest good news is, the network as a whole has increased by 18% in the last week. Good work people! But we need more nodes before CfB is happy enough to fully implement Transparent Forging.

The network is the one thing clones can't clone, it is our best asset. Let's make sure we look after it and make it stronger Grin

I though transparent forging was already running. How is it generating blocks now?

The last I saw, CfB said TF was 50% implemented. There also won't be a point where you can say 'TF started here". I think it is made up of several elements interacting, a larger network being one of them.

Current forging is a kind of lottery, each Nxt being a ticket. Part of what decides who "wins" is the base target (%). Once transparent forging is fully implented, you will know the forging order so this will not be needed. It is just for boostrapping phase and is discussed in the second or third of BCNexts essays, IIRC.

Sounds complicated, is there a dumbed down explanation in a couple of lines somewhere of how it works?

Won't the forging order being known beforehand be a security risk?
Activity: 756
You will get no Christmas and Easter presents anymore!

What do you mean there is no Easterclaus?
Activity: 364
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
You will get no Christmas and Easter presents anymore!
Ok, you got me  Grin

However, I counter with...

Cheesy
Here is my TL:DR that I created all by myself, on my own and without any help from anyone else. At all. Just me.  Cool

• Don't centralise.
  • Listen to the community.
  • Be innovative, now.
  • Don't stand still because your competitors sure aren't.
  • Don't compete on just one point.
  • Don't get complacent.
  • And do write giant walls of text so that your competitors are too busy reading them to sneak up on you and spank you into third place, which is about to happen faster than you think.

Liar.  Tongue
Alright I have to confess, I red almost 30%  Grin

But dying LTC is not that new, that I want to read a book about it.  Undecided

70% are to go. Wink

Just imagine Nxt in 5 years and substitute some names in the text.

Alright I got it. Nothing new for me, but a good summary what is happening at the moment. The conclusion fits my opinion as well. So nice article. Byebye LTC, welcome NXT.   BTC....hmm we will see Cool

Here is my TL:DR that I created all by myself, on my own and without any help from anyone else. At all. Just me.  Cool

• Don't centralise.
  • Listen to the community.
  • Be innovative, now.
  • Don't stand still because your competitors sure aren't.
  • Don't compete on just one point.
  • Don't get complacent.
  • And do write giant walls of text so that your competitors are too busy reading them to sneak up on you and spank you into third place, which is about to happen faster than you think.
Nxt Merchandise store is opening up by an enterprising Nxter, first products already sold and received  Grin

Products currently available:

Window ( or any where else you want to stick them ) stickers

13cm x 4cm in size and come in packs of 2 (Two)

Price 105 NXT inc P&P to main land UK + 30 NXT to rest of the World

Lanyard Keyring Clip

Printed both sides with the blue NXT logo

Approx 15cm in length

Price 95  NXT each inc P&P to main land UK + 40 NXT to rest of the World

Source: https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/nxt-merchandise/
History repeats itself, my dear. Smiley
Jump to: