Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 347. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 501
why is this not in the ANN section ?

Isn't the ANN section going to be closed soon?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

Because this is no announcement.
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
Here is another production by d13id, Cassius and joefox (and me as producer) Smiley

It's a sequel to Nxt: the evolution of money

Enjoy Nxt: how does it work

Awesome!!!

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
Here is another production by d13id, Cassius and joefox (and me as producer) Smiley

It's a sequel to Nxt: the evolution of money

Enjoy Nxt: how does it work
Activity: 332
The next, 1.2.0 branch will introduce three major new features: Digital Goods Store, alias trading and support for encrypted messages.
+1 Wink
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
How come there's a new NRS version but Alias Trading is not implemented? I thought it's going with the very next update.

1.1.5 is a bug-fixing release.

Alias trading will be in 1.2.0.

So there could be infinite number of updates ) 1.1.5, 1.1.6, 1.1.6.02, 1.1.7.013 etc.

1.1.x branch is not getting any new features, only bug fixes, as many as necessary, until the next, 1.2.0 branch, becomes stable enough to be released into the main net, hopefully in July.

The next, 1.2.0 branch will introduce three major new features: Digital Goods Store, alias trading and support for encrypted messages.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Activity: 364
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

I though transparent forging was already running. How is it generating blocks now?

If TF was already running, NXT would be at first place in this wepage:
http://coinmarketcap.com/

JUST SAYING.

How is it generating blocks now? And while it is interesting, it doesn't seem a game changer to warrant your optimism.

Well, the core idea will not change. It is just some details are added to make TF fully functional and more controllable by its users.

Right now, the MAIN NOVEL IDEA of predicting the next forger has already been implemented for a long long time. That is and will never be possible with Bitcoin or any other Altcoin.

However, we do not need that particular feature right now as the Nxt Network can handle the current amount of transactions with ease. But this will change and then TF will click in.

Until that, new features for the Nxt Protocol are higher prioritized and make the network a place worthwhile to stay in. Smiley
Activity: 952
Merit: 253
Ok can someone give me an estimate on transfer time? I sent some NXT to my wallet from Polonioex a couple hours ago and it still hasn't shown up. Is the numerical address nolonger valid?

I have no experience with poloniex, i seem to have been lucky with cryptsy and bter my transfer times have always been less than 10mins.

have you checked one of the block explorers - just in case yours NXT wallet had ended up on a fork - there have been some problems in the last few days.

also check the withdraw request status with the exchange.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
1000% ROI Masternode Coin
Ok can someone give me an estimate on transfer time? I sent some NXT to my wallet from Polonioex a couple hours ago and it still hasn't shown up. Is the numerical address nolonger valid?
Activity: 644
So there could be infinite number of updates ) 1.1.5, 1.1.6, 1.1.6.02, 1.1.7.013 etc.

Alias transfer and DGS will come same time after being tested on testnet.  Major versions with major changes always run on test net for few weeks first before releasing it on main net. Test net can be reset, but breaking maim net is not option.

1.1.5 simply fixed one bug
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
How come there's a new NRS version but Alias Trading is not implemented? I thought it's going with the very next update.

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
Activity: 199
Merit: 101
nxt is future,not xcp
Activity: 574
24% have upgraded so far, good to say the release is less than a day old.

The biggest good news is, the network as a whole has increased by 18% in the last week. Good work people! But we need more nodes before CfB is happy enough to fully implement Transparent Forging.

The network is the one thing clones can't clone, it is our best asset. Let's make sure we look after it and make it stronger Grin

I though transparent forging was already running. How is it generating blocks now?

The last I saw, CfB said TF was 50% implemented. There also won't be a point where you can say 'TF started here". I think it is made up of several elements interacting, a larger network being one of them.

Current forging is a kind of lottery, each Nxt being a ticket. Part of what decides who "wins" is the base target (%). Once transparent forging is fully implented, you will know the forging order so this will not be needed. It is just for boostrapping phase and is discussed in the second or third of BCNexts essays, IIRC.
legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

JUST SAYING.

How is it generating blocks now? And while it is interesting, it doesn't seem a game changer to warrant your optimism.

Without TF, it's just Nxt's PoS transparent forging.

You may want to take a look at our wiki, read from here on: http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Whitepaper:Nxt#The_Blockchain

If TF will allow for secure instant transactions and a very high rate of transactions per second, then it's quite a game changer imo.
legendary
Activity: 1008

JUST SAYING.

legendary
Activity: 952
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

JUST SAYING.
legendary
Activity: 1008
24% have upgraded so far, good to say the release is less than a day old.

The biggest good news is, the network as a whole has increased by 18% in the last week. Good work people! But we need more nodes before CfB is happy enough to fully implement Transparent Forging.

The network is the one thing clones can't clone, it is our best asset. Let's make sure we look after it and make it stronger Grin

Jump to: