Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 345. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 767
Merit: 500
Never back down !!!
Alright I have to confess, I red almost 30%  Grin

But dying LTC is not that new, that I want to read a book about it.  Undecided

70% are to go. Wink

Just imagine Nxt in 5 years and substitute some names in the text.

Alright I got it. Nothing new for me, but a good summary what is happening at the moment. The conclusion fits my opinion as well. So nice article. Byebye LTC, welcome NXT.   BTC....hmm we will see Cool

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
Alright I have to confess, I red almost 30%  Grin

But dying LTC is not that new, that I want to read a book about it.  Undecided

70% are to go. Wink

Just imagine Nxt in 5 years and substitute some names in the text.
Never back down !!!
Have you read it?

Yes, but I don´t see how this affects NXT

Yeah. It might look like a reading comprehension. I did not like it in school either. But I think if you tease your imagination a bit, you will find out.

devphp already tried. Smiley

Alright I have to confess, I red almost 30%  Grin

But dying LTC is not that new, that I want to read a book about it.  Undecided
Have you read it?

Yeah. It might look like a reading comprehension. I did not like it in school either. But I think if you tease your imagination a bit, you will find out.

devphp already tried. Smiley
Never back down !!!
Have you read it?

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

Warned about what?

About not being static. Innovate or die out.
Have you read it?
Never back down !!!
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
After working behind the scenes since February, DORCS has finally come out of the shadows!

DORCS is a small gaming company, run by several well-known Nxters, who are developing the first large cryptocurrency MMO, with the working title "Lith".

Lith will be a sandbox type MMO that will evolve over time, based on player actions. Players can take on any role within the game economy: politician, trader, farmer, con-artist, you name it. The rules of the game prohibit no role.

The game will have its own in-game currency, that can be directly traded against Nxt. This means that it is possible to earn actual money by playing Lith, provided you provide value to other players Wink. Or cheat...

To fund the game, we have released our DORCS Asset on the AE today. We are aiming at a starting capital of at least 2 million Nxt, so we can pay our developers (two of which have worked on AAA grade MMO's) and artists. An alpha version of the game is expected in November.

The DORCS Assets should be considered a long term investment. They entitle you to a substantial part of the profits.

Should you want to know more, please visit our subforum or message us: https://nxtforum.org/lith-the-nxt-mmo/

Let's make some gaming history with the first game that fully utilises cryptocurrency!

Asset: http://www.nxtreporting.com/?a=2318361924203311027
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
Nxt Client Plugins - development discussion

Cold account plugin, Graphs and charting plugin, QR code generator plugin...

Anyone who would like Plugins for the standard client can join the discussion over at >>>> https://nxtforum.org/nxt-improvement-proposals/plugin-feature-to-nxt-client-(wesley's-ui)-proposal-thread/

very Nice. Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 739

I've tried to upgrade to your new version and for whatever reason I can't ..
I linked the answer already.
Bitbucket changed their URL structure, so build-in client update won't work, download it manually.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
Assets on the Asset Exchange will have its own "coinmarketcap" rankings soon  Grin
Some ppl will have a screaming fit over that. That's always fun. Smiley

Would be great to get an asset into the top 10-20! Great awareness.
Activity: 336
Merit: 260

So, any risks/downside to staying with the version that I have ( because it works ) ??
I have two wallets and coins in both and I can 'move' them around
That's all the 'functionality' that I care about at the moment

Triff ..

1.1.4 is ok to use, 1.1.5 is not a mandatory upgrade.
Never miss mandatory upgrades though to be on the same chain as everyone.
Activity: 952
Merit: 251
The "most favoured" version of NRS is now 1.1.5  Grin

Remember to update:

NRS v1.1.5: https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-1-5/

NxtWallet v1.1.5: https://nxtforum.org/alternative-clients/(windows-mac-linux)-nxtwallet/msg50134#msg50134

Other Clients are available here, just check they are on v1.1.5: https://nxtforum.org/alternative-clients/

A cautionary tale:

A user came onto the forums recently wondering where his forging balance had gone to. He had been forging since January with 2500 NXT and had managed to forge another 2500 NXT. If you have been around long enough, this should set alarm bells ringing in your head too...

It turns out he had not upgraded since around v0.4.x and was forging on a fork (not on the same chain as everyone else). When he upgraded, he caught up with the 'real' blockchain and of course his forged revenue evaporated as they never occured on the 'real' blockchain.

So if you aren't on the latest Client and are forging regularly with a small amount of Nxt, you haven't found a bug that let's you take more than your fair share  Cheesy You are most likely on a fork and are wasting your time. So upgrade!  Grin

Believe it or not, there is still a peer running 0.4.7e (a fork), 0.5.0, 0.5.5, 0.5.10. Only single peers but still not upgraded. 78% are running 1.1.4 or 1.1.5.

And the devs are cooking something up as there is a single 1.1.6 too...  Grin

TL:DR Upgrade to avoid the disappointment of being on a fork.

Question:

I've got wallet 1.2 and
NRS version 1.1.4

which I downloaded June 5th ..

I've tried to upgrade to your new version and for whatever reason I can't ..

I don't forge
I don't trade
I don't use any of the coin's features
I just want to hold my Nxt for the time being

So, any risks/downside to staying with the version that I have ( because it works ) ??
I have two wallets and coins in both and I can 'move' them around
That's all the 'functionality' that I care about at the moment

Triff ..
Activity: 574
Nxt Client Plugins - development discussion

Cold account plugin, Graphs and charting plugin, QR code generator plugin...

Anyone who would like Plugins for the standard client can join the discussion over at >>>> https://nxtforum.org/nxt-improvement-proposals/plugin-feature-to-nxt-client-(wesley's-ui)-proposal-thread/
Activity: 739
Assets on the Asset Exchange will have its own "coinmarketcap" rankings soon  Grin
Some ppl will have a screaming fit over that. That's always fun. Smiley
Activity: 574

When will NEM be added?

Soon!  I'm in the process of creating a separate section for the Nxt Asset Exchange.
Jump to: