Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 360. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Any idea if anyone is working on a wallet like Armory that lets you create/sign transactions on a warm storage device and then transmit them from a hot wallet?

It's totally possible (and should be really easy) to create a small app (not fully featured client) that signs transactions on offline computer and then you broadcast it on online machine.

Maybe we can set a bounty on it?

I'm going to have to write code to do this for the anonymizer I am working on. So, I could probably put something together from that. A bounty would motivate me. Wink

You should ask Anon136 for bounty as he is on  community funds Smiley

I don't think bounty should be large, as this should be really easy task as you just save the transaction to USB drive, sign it on offline machine, then back to online machine to broadcast it. All the API and error checking is already done by NRS

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Any idea if anyone is working on a wallet like Armory that lets you create/sign transactions on a warm storage device and then transmit them from a hot wallet?

It's totally possible (and should be really easy) to create a small app (not fully featured client) that signs transactions on offline computer and then you broadcast it on online machine.

I'm going to have to write code to do this for the anonymizer I am working on. So, I could probably put something together from that. A bounty would motivate me. Wink

legendary
No i dont think so. Im pretty sure that a password that you store in a text file on your desktop and copy and paste into your client is less secure than one that you memorize and type into your client.

There's two issues here.

1. Will a sufficiently long/complex password protect your NXT account. YES. It will take ages to crack strong passworded NXT ids.

2. Are you able to keep your password safe? Um, storing it in a text file doesn't seem safe to me. But, I agree, memorizing a "pin" (call it that last 4-6 digits of your password) and never writing them down or saving them in a file is a nice idea. Also, make sure you are running a fire wall and good mal ware software to prevent key loggers from getting to your PC.

No i dont think so. Im pretty sure that a password that you store in a text file on your desktop and copy and paste into your client is less secure than one that you memorize and type into your client.

A keylogger can catch both password when you enter them (the one you type and the one you copy and paste)

Password manager is safer as some of them (like Keypass) have anti key logger features

http://keepass.info/help/v2/autotype_obfuscation.html
Activity: 700
Merit: 520
Words relating to pay expo

sending an ounce of silver to say thankyou for the hard work.

How does this work? I saw you have silver listed on NXT somehow from a giveaway thread you posted(I think it was you anyway). When you say you're sending him an ounce of silver, does that mean you're sending him coloured coins or something at represent 1 oz of silver? How does one redeem them for real silver?

Yes i am sending a colored coin. For the lower 48 in the US, inorder to redeam one must send an amount of tokens divisible by ten to the issuing address with an adjoined message containing the mailing address that you would like the coins to be delivered to. Shipping to anywhere else should pm me to discuss specific arrangements.

Send me some silver plz
U ship to Russia?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

How does this work? I saw you have silver listed on NXT somehow from a giveaway thread you posted(I think it was you anyway). When you say you're sending him an ounce of silver, does that mean you're sending him coloured coins or something at represent 1 oz of silver? How does one redeem them for real silver?

Yes i am sending a colored coin. For the lower 48 in the US, inorder to redeam one must send an amount of tokens divisible by ten to the issuing address with an adjoined message containing the mailing address that you would like the coins to be delivered to. Shipping to anywhere else should pm me to discuss specific arrangements.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Ugh... Are you kidding me? Are there bots prowling the network with a boatload of password-account combinations stored watching the for transactions to known addresses or something?

I got some NXT a long time ago and kept it tucked away, but with the updated client it seems I didn't have a public key, so I sent a message.. easy enough... my balance was there, but I couldn't forge because it was unconfirmed... so I figure this has something to do with old balances being 'unconfirmed' under the updated protocol until it's seen activity.. So I flip my NXT into another account that I used in the past (tx 3603756272827733121), wait for it to confirm, and as soon as it does the NXT has moved on to an account out of my control (tx 10738856805317237622)...!!!

WTF? I sat here waiting for a confirm to flip it right back, and it vanishes before my very eyes! We're talking within 2 seconds of the first confirmation!

If the network is this compromised, how do you ever expect mainstream adoption... I've had an eye on NXT since the beginning and was really into the new look and feel, the asset exchange, etc.. My interest was building in NXT again (initially less than impressed by the distribution, but it seemed a lot of great work had gone into the protocol..) Too bad.. Nxt looked cool, but as it stands I'm out.. Not sure that this can be called a 2nd generation crypto when it's this vulnerable to theft. I'd say the target audience is even more specialized than bitcoin; the average joe can hardly remember "Password1"!

You should use 2 passwords. One that you save locally or on the cloud that has back ups and redundancies and that you dont actually memorize, and one that you do memorize and never save on any computer that touches the internet. Then simply concatenate the two passwords when entering your wallet. The first will protect you against rainbow tables (thats what got you) and the second will protect you against hackers. Its a pretty simple concept but it really should be spelled out, its certainly not peoples fault for not knowing this. Heck the client should even come with two password fields and concatenate them for people imo.

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Two passwords and one long passwords is the same thing.

"Then simply concatenate the two passwords when entering your wallet."

If your machine is compromised, both passwords could be stolen when you are entering them in the wallet. This doesn't add any security then just having one longer password. 

Activity: 952
Merit: 251
So, given zachamo's experience, is this a security issue that the devs need to address
or is this an individual wallet holder issue with regards to strength of password ??

Triff ..  
Ugh... Are you kidding me? Are there bots prowling the network with a boatload of password-account combinations stored watching the for transactions to known addresses or something?

I got some NXT a long time ago and kept it tucked away, but with the updated client it seems I didn't have a public key, so I sent a message.. easy enough... my balance was there, but I couldn't forge because it was unconfirmed... so I figure this has something to do with old balances being 'unconfirmed' under the updated protocol until it's seen activity.. So I flip my NXT into another account that I used in the past (tx 3603756272827733121), wait for it to confirm, and as soon as it does the NXT has moved on to an account out of my control (tx 10738856805317237622)...!!!

WTF? I sat here waiting for a confirm to flip it right back, and it vanishes before my very eyes! We're talking within 2 seconds of the first confirmation!

If the network is this compromised, how do you ever expect mainstream adoption... I've had an eye on NXT since the beginning and was really into the new look and feel, the asset exchange, etc.. My interest was building in NXT again (initially less than impressed by the distribution, but it seemed a lot of great work had gone into the protocol..) Too bad.. Nxt looked cool, but as it stands I'm out.. Not sure that this can be called a 2nd generation crypto when it's this vulnerable to theft. I'd say the target audience is even more specialized than bitcoin; the average joe can hardly remember "Password1"!

You should use 2 passwords. One that you save locally or on the cloud that has back ups and redundancies and that you dont actually memorize, and one that you do memorize and never save on any computer that touches the internet. Then simply concatenate the two passwords when entering your wallet. The first will protect you against rainbow tables (thats what got you) and the second will protect you against hackers. Its a pretty simple concept but it really should be spelled out, its certainly not peoples fault for not knowing this. Heck the client should even come with two password fields and concatenate them for people imo.

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Two passwords and one long passwords is the same thing.

"Then simply concatenate the two passwords when entering your wallet."

If your machine is compromised, both passwords could be stolen when you are entering them in the wallet. This doesn't add any security then just having one longer password. 

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
1000 million scam coins for sale

Where? I want to buy cheap! Cheesy
NOT on MINTPALL they dont do scamming shit coins.

Hmm... Starting at the top of their coin list going down.

AC - PoS coin.
AUR - PoW but 50% PREMINE - (created on a keyboard)
BC - PoS coin.
C2 - PoS coin.

Guess I'll stop there.

Why do you care? If you don't like them, don't buy or trade them. Why am I feeding trolls?

Because they are cute when they nibble their food. Smiley
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
A whole fucking forum full of fucking trolls.

Please close and moderate the nxt thread
Activity: 346
Merit: 251
There can be only one!
legendary

Hmm... Starting at the top of their coin list going down.

AC - PoS coin.
AUR - PoW but 50% PREMINE - (created on a keyboard)
BC - PoS coin.
C2 - PoS coin.

Guess I'll stop there.

Why do you care? If you don't like them, don't buy or trade them. Why am I feeding trolls?

salsacz?
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
I love drk as well but "drknumberuno" you are a shame for the whole community.

1000 million coins invented out of thin air, thats a shit heap . How the fuck can you sleep noing this shit is a scam............

You talky shit all day long to impress the weak and gullible ......
i bet ur on Reddit 2.......  same scam shit me checky ltr

NXT IS A FUCKING pump and dump SCAM COIN

1000 million coins invented on a keyboard for sale 2you.

Wait six months.
Fundamentals suggest you're going to feel a whole lot worse.

Do you not think we should proselytize him? I mean it would be best for him. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
1000 million coins invented out of thin air, thats a shit heap . How the fuck can you sleep noing this shit is a scam............

You talky shit all day long to impress the weak and gullible ......
i bet ur on Reddit 2.......  same scam shit me checky ltr

NXT IS A FUCKING pump and dump SCAM COIN

1000 million coins invented on a keyboard for sale 2you.

Wait six months.
Fundamentals suggest you're going to feel a whole lot worse.
Jump to: