Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 362. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
Could NXT embed an exchange in its wallet?

I think it is more secure than send money to exchange sites. They can crash or get hacked.

With an embed exchange, NXT remains in our wallet. We could buy/sell NXT for BTC or other coins exactly as exchange sites do, but with no risks...  Smiley

I think you are refearing to multigateway, it's very near Cheesy you can check https://nxtforum.org/nxtservices-releases/ and help testing

Unfortunately, multigateway is no trustless service.

In who must the trust reside? NXTservices?

The ones operating it. It, well not works but, ... its architecture is similar to Ripple. Distributed service relying on the trustworthiness of the set of operators.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
mining is so 2012-2013
Payexpo - Thanks
And if you want to thank me, that would be for organising 2 conferences in 2 weeks, leading the payexpo funding, persuading Lee to stay with Nxt, redesigning the business cards, flyers and booths for both events (Vienna business cards only for me, but 3 personal for London crew); gathering both teams, some video editing and tons of media/web stuff, like press releases, their sharing (like sending it to 200 important people), providing some materials for cointropolis presentation... I am sorry for not being a big social hero prince, not self-promoting my every single step, but being an introvert geek has always some negatives, there are still worse dudes, like Simcoin guy Cheesy

I highly appreciate your work, Salsa! You did such a good job, dude!

100 LOVEs to you!!!  Cheesy

I just bought some NXT.  People like salsacz that keep on working and working to make this happen is a big reason why I invested.  Not just him too but all the developers working on code.  I can't contribute very much and don't have enough in my account to make a profit by forging, but I am going to run a node anyway to help support NXT. 
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

I think it is more secure than send money to exchange sites. They can crash or get hacked.

With an embed exchange, NXT remains in our wallet. We could buy/sell NXT for BTC or other coins exactly as exchange sites do, but with no risks...  Smiley

I think you are refearing to multigateway, it's very near Cheesy you can check https://nxtforum.org/nxtservices-releases/ and help testing

In who must the trust reside? NXTservices?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

legendary
Activity: 1232
mining is so 2012-2013
I MAKE FACTS THAT YOU NO LIKE.

NXT IS A POS CION.................................SCAM

HOW MANY MILLIONS YOU MAKE ? WAS IT 1000 MILLION

YOU INVENT OUT OF VAPOUR CIONS THEN SELL...SELL.....SELL

PUMP IT UP PUMP IT DOWN PUMP PUMP PUMP PUMP PUMP

POS NO GOOD YOU SCAMMING DA POOR.

Actually, the pump hasn't started yet.  This is NXT over 6 months.  http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/pair/nxt/btc/dgex/6-months

This is your precious darkcoin http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/pair/drk/btc/mintpal/3-months

And here is what the darkcoin chart might look like soon. http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/pair/hbn/btc/cryptsy/3-months

you buy NXT. you be really happy in summer
Merit: 251
LOL ..

=====

He must like to HODL his CIONS  ...

=====

Triff ..

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
Hmmm, there's a slogan in there somewhere...
"Real men have nothing to prove but Stake"

Welcome to my Ignore List!   Grin

FTFY

Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
I MAKE FACTS THAT YOU NO LIKE.

NXT IS A POS CION.................................SCAM

HOW MANY MILLIONS YOU MAKE ? WAS IT 1000 MILLION

PUMP IT UP PUMP IT DOWN PUMP PUMP PUMP PUMP PUMP

POS NO GOOD YOU SCAMMING DA POOR.

Yes, we made 1000 Million from Nxt and hope we eventually make 10000 Million.

Also, you are right, we target impoverished nations to buy our cion, North Korea is our #1 market.
legendary
WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP .......... YA YA YA
POS IS A SCAM ........ YOU INVENT COINS THEN GET NEWBEIS TO BUY UR JUNK.
THEN YOU PUMP IT UP AND DOWN TILL EVERY POOR SOD IS BROKE.....
CRYPTO 2 .......WHO SAYS DIS SHIT  Grin YOU MAKE UP SHIT TO SELL SCAM CION.
BE A MAN AND BUY A MINER.
MINE $
MINE lTC
MINE DKR
MINE HVY
MINE ANY CION THAT IS NOT SCAM LIKE YOU JUNK

WHO MAKE DIS SHIT UP

We should put this on the front page of Nxt.org...priceless.

"Real Men Mine Cion"
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
MINE $
MINE lTC
MINE DKR
MINE HVY

WHO MAKE DIS SHIT UP

Edit: this needs to be a competition. With a line of T-shirts and mugs as the outcome.
legendary
MINE $
MINE lTC
MINE DKR
MINE HVY

WHO MAKE DIS SHIT UP

legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com
CRYPTO 2 .......WHO SAYS DIS SHIT  Grin YOU MAKE UP SHIT TO SELL SCAM CION.
MINE $
MINE lTC
MINE DKR
MINE HVY

WHO MAKE DIS SHIT UP

Someone is mad he missed out.

Or do we have "racism" in coin land?

POW = white, POS = black?
legendary
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
Very valid opinion

Could it be possible to subscribe to your newsletter? Your ideas and points amaze me.
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
What do NXT people think about NEM?

What are the advantages that NXT has over NEM?

If you were to advise someone like myself who is interested but doesn't own any alts, what would you recommend?

Nxt has been in use for over 6 months, we have several very advanced features being released the next 3 months and thousands of users.  NEM hasn't launched yet.

^what msin said^
legendary

If you were to advise someone like myself who is interested but doesn't own any alts, what would you recommend?

Nxt has been in use for over 6 months, we have several very advanced features being released the next 3 months and thousands of users.  NEM hasn't launched yet.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055
Payexpo - Thanks
And if you want to thank me, that would be for organising 2 conferences in 2 weeks, leading the payexpo funding, persuading Lee to stay with Nxt, redesigning the business cards, flyers and booths for both events (Vienna business cards only for me, but 3 personal for London crew); gathering both teams, some video editing and tons of media/web stuff, like press releases, their sharing (like sending it to 200 important people), providing some materials for cointropolis presentation... I am sorry for not being a big social hero prince, not self-promoting my every single step, but being an introvert geek has always some negatives, there are still worse dudes, like Simcoin guy Cheesy

I highly appreciate your work, Salsa! You did such a good job, dude!

100 LOVEs to you!!!  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055
You should use 2 passwords. One that you save locally or on the cloud that has back ups and redundancies and that you dont actually memorize, and one that you do memorize and never save on any computer that touches the internet. Then simply concatenate the two passwords when entering your wallet. The first will protect you against rainbow tables (thats what got you) and the second will protect you against hackers. Its a pretty simple concept but it really should be spelled out, its certainly not peoples fault for not knowing this. Heck the client should even come with two password fields and concatenate them for people imo.

Quite clever! Reminds me of a yubikey with a static password...

The downside is that it gives no protection against keyloggers, because both parts of the password are entered one after the other into the edit control of the client. I recommend using keepass, it's free and it has anti-keylogger-functions built-in, though not perfectly safe, but better than nothing.
Activity: 346
Merit: 251
There can be only one!
I just downloaded a new client last night -- the recommended client from http://www.nxtclient.org/.

Had to wait for blocks to update before I could transact.. Feel free to PM me if you need to get in touch - can provide all the TXIDs etc / any other details.. I hadn't touched that balance since 2013, so it was sent to an old numeric account, before the switch over.. I was assuming that it wasn't considered an effective balance because it had no activity prior to a fork and somehow got 'archived', so I figured bouncing it off another address would help wake it up.. Wasn't going to be generating many blocks with it, but again - my NXT balance was more an experiment for me than an investment. Again - PM me if you need to get in touch, too many threads to follow all of them closely Smiley
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
ok, no problem. One last question, for curiosity Grin Strange about the effective balance, which version of the software were you using?

I take it the blockchain was up to date to allow the transaction... I'll have to look at the transaction IDs closer later on.
Jump to: