Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 364. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Can I be clear here?  Is this like a Mt. Gox that I don't have to trust with my money?  Is there anyway I could be using this service and get all my coins stolen?  Maybe not in the same way Gox stole, but maybe in a different way?  

Yes, it is happening. NxtPrivacy comes later  Grin

NxtServices, which Multigateway forms a part, basically links you BTC and Nxt addresses together. You don't store your coins on Multigateway like you did with MTGox.

It is almost trustless at the moment based on three multigateway servers agreeing with each other before allowing the cross chain transaction. jl777 admins 2 of them and bithaus will admin the third, the idea is that each new prominent business will admin another server. jl777 originally planned 100 servers but there will be a bootstrapping phase to get up to this. You would then have to compromise them all to crack multigateway.

This is my understanding, james will probably correct me if I am out of date  Grin
Activity: 396
Merit: 250
Calling London!

We are heading to another meeting here shortly and need some help.

We need someone to take point on contacting any and every TV/Radio station here in London. Please let them know that we are here until Saturday and would like to come on and talk about Nxt on their program. We can talk in either the Tech or Financial side regarding Nxt.

Also point them to the article written about Nxt the City AM newspaper. Link is below:

http://www.cityam.com/blog/1402503905/nextcoin-lands-major-endorsement-londons-payexpo

If they need to contact me directly, have them email me at [email protected] or get a hold of me and I will get you my cell.

Coordinate: https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/need-some-assistance-asap/
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

Ha, some people already trying their luck at offloading large amounts at a premium.

In other news: a while back I saw a screen grab of CoinMarketCap from about 6 months back, compared with now. I think it was on the NXTForum boards somewhere.
Does anyone know where I can find this or could get something similar? I'd like to use it for an article about how the landscape has changed since then.
Thanks!

might be this: https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=85.msg35492#msg35492

Yep, that's the one, thanks!
Activity: 336
Merit: 260

Is this the first large NXT/USD market or are there other smaller ones?
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

Ha, some people already trying their luck at offloading large amounts at a premium.

In other news: a while back I saw a screen grab of CoinMarketCap from about 6 months back, compared with now. I think it was on the NXTForum boards somewhere.
Does anyone know where I can find this or could get something similar? I'd like to use it for an article about how the landscape has changed since then.
Thanks!

might be this: https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=85.msg35492#msg35492
legendary

Thanks!
Activity: 468
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
legendary
Can I be clear here?  Is this like a Mt. Gox that I don't have to trust with my money?  Is there anyway I could be using this service and get all my coins stolen?  Maybe not in the same way Gox stole, but maybe in a different way? 

I'm a little hazy on the exact details - need to familiarise myself with it. But yes, I think that's exactly what it is. Basically like sending NXT or buying assets, but for any relevant crypto. Trustless, near-instant, basically free crypto trading. If it works and takes off, it will kill Cryptsy and other crypto-only platforms at a stroke. The only thing that will differentiate traditional exchanges would be crypto <--> fiat. An absolutely huge development.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Can I be clear here?  Is this like a Mt. Gox that I don't have to trust with my money?  Is there anyway I could be using this service and get all my coins stolen?  Maybe not in the same way Gox stole, but maybe in a different way? 
If someone ask a question that mentions the word "password" on a Nxt forum thread, it won't be long until Eadaqa appears with a very solid answer  Grin

And if you want to test the crypto to crypto trading (Nxt Multigateway), here is a step by step guide on how to start testing: Go to  >>>> https://nxtforum.org/nxtservices-releases/how-to-test-multigateway-with-nxtservices-a-test-user-guide/

Whooooooaaaaaa.  This is really happening?  That is like the axis mundi of crypto!  I mean really, people are talking about "anonymity" and I think that is important, but I would much rather see trustless exchanges in crypto.  (if that is really what this is)

It seems like there are a dozen or more anon coins out and a dozen more coming out, but only one coin is working on multigateway that I know of.

I have already invested everything I can afford to lose in NXT.  If it wasn't so, I would buy more!
If someone ask a question that mentions the word "password" on a Nxt forum thread, it won't be long until Eadaqa appears with a very solid answer  Grin

And if you want to test the crypto to crypto trading (Nxt Multigateway), here is a step by step guide on how to start testing: Go to  >>>> https://nxtforum.org/nxtservices-releases/how-to-test-multigateway-with-nxtservices-a-test-user-guide/

You seem very knowledgeable.  Can I ask you something?  Or anybody else? My password is 34 characters long.  No dictionary words, no spaces, all more or less random numbers, letters, and symbols.  NXT says it needs to be 35 or longer I think.  Should I move the NXT to another account?  

If it's truly random, you are safe.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/syd8vwf31y90ev4/Passphrase_Length_vs_Complexity.xls

Shouldn't have to worry. The odds of a 34 character random password getting guessed are.... ~0
I think 35 was specified because most people don't use truly random passwords. Mine is 30 chars, generated like a Bitcoin mini private key. Working on the same principles, it will be the end of the universe before it's guessed by the fastest computer ever made.

Sorry I don't use Bitcoin often, is that the same as a Bitcoin address? A theft was carried out as someone used an old bitcoin address >>> Looks random but it wasn't, appeared in many google results.

Just checking  Grin

34 random char  password is 5 trillion times stronger than bitcoin address which has 2^160 bits entropy.

The problem really is never length but predictability. If your long password is predicable (or in any kind of database or blochairn) it's a weak password

Thank you guys.  I appreciate it.  It would be impossible for the string to be in any dictionary or database.  It basically looks like this. InewnfeIePnfda232907523790573452$@ (not it of course or anything close actually)

I feel a lot more confident now.  Every time I saw that 35 character warning come up, I was a bit nervous. 
legendary
some time ago NXT was working on atomic-cross chain trading - is this project still alive?

Do you mean decentralized crypto trading (aka multigateway)?
Oooh, yes. They're looking for testers if you're interested.
Activity: 742
some time ago NXT was working on atomic-cross chain trading - is this project still alive?
Activity: 644
You seem very knowledgeable.  Can I ask you something?  Or anybody else? My password is 34 characters long.  No dictionary words, no spaces, all more or less random numbers, letters, and symbols.  NXT says it needs to be 35 or longer I think.  Should I move the NXT to another account?  

Shouldn't have to worry. The odds of a 34 character random password getting guessed are.... ~0
I think 35 was specified because most people don't use truly random passwords. Mine is 30 chars, generated like a Bitcoin mini private key. Working on the same principles, it will be the end of the universe before it's guessed by the fastest computer ever made.

Sorry I don't use Bitcoin often, is that the same as a Bitcoin address? A theft was carried out as someone used an old bitcoin address >>> Looks random but it wasn't, appeared in many google results.

Just checking  Grin

34 random char  password is 5 trillion times stronger than bitcoin address which has 2^160 bits entropy.

The problem really is never length but predictability. If your long password is predicable (or in any kind of database or blochairn) it's a weak password
Activity: 644
You seem very knowledgeable.  Can I ask you something?  Or anybody else? My password is 34 characters long.  No dictionary words, no spaces, all more or less random numbers, letters, and symbols.  NXT says it needs to be 35 or longer I think.  Should I move the NXT to another account? 

Your password is just fine if it's as you described it totally random.  Even 12 char totally random password has never been broke as that would be 174 times stronger than 64 bits which is the largest ever successful brute force length

Just checking  Grin
legendary

Activity: 739

Jump to: