Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 377. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 338
Merit: 250
At this moment with 100000NXT you can forge profitably. (more transactions atm + NSC)

Aha, okay. Could you elaborate on your definition of profitability?

Let's assume the average forgers computer uses 20 watts and runs 24/7.  Therefore, they would use 14.4 kWh per month.  This will cost them around $1.50 USD.  The need to forge 30 NXT a month ( @ $0.05 USD per NXT ) to pay for their cost.
This depends HIGHLY on where you live.

In the Netherlands the kWh price is $0.31, so you would need to forge 90NXT per month...

Like I mentioned before: forging a block is an EXTRA. Your motivation should be: securing the network and your money.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Can someone point me to the original Nxt IPO thread? Specifically, is it documented somewhere how much the initial stakes have been sold for? Thanks.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-nxt-descendant-of-bitcoin-303898

This is very telling, let's see where you go with this Cheesy
Activity: 739
Merit: 500
Can someone point me to the original Nxt IPO thread? Specifically, is it documented somewhere how much the initial stakes have been sold for? Thanks.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-nxt-descendant-of-bitcoin-303898
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
Switching miners back hashrate.org. happy days  Grin
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
Hashrate.org is back up and mining! The new site design is greatly improved and looks and operates like a standard mulitpool. Let's hope that pf stays on top of it this time. It would be awesome to overtake Blackcoinpool.  Smiley
Activity: 364
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
Thank you TwinWinNerD.

I think raskul now has enough pieces of information to make an informed decision about what to do. Smiley

Let us see what he will do.

yes, thank you all for your valued input. you have all been very helpful.
I will sit with the small pot that I have for now and see where it goes. NXT is an intuitive coin and although I don't have the means to fund a 1million NXT buy-up, I will most likely be adding to what I have over time.

thanks again.

You are welcome. +1

Feel free to spread the word of Nxt around in the world. Smiley
Activity: 434
Thank you TwinWinNerD.

I think raskul now has enough pieces of information to make an informed decision about what to do. Smiley

yes, thank you all for your valued input. you have all been very helpful.
I will sit with the small pot that I have for now and see where it goes. NXT is an intuitive coin and although I don't have the means to fund a 1million NXT buy-up, I will most likely be adding to what I have over time.

thanks again.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
mining is so 2012-2013
At this moment with 100000NXT you can forge profitably. (more transactions atm + NSC)

Let's assume the average forgers computer uses 20 watts and runs 24/7.  Therefore, they would use 14.4 kWh per month.  This will cost them around $1.50 USD.  The need to forge 30 NXT a month ( @ $0.05 USD per NXT ) to pay for their cost.

I tried forging for quite a while.  Forged a block, got zero fees.  Now when I have the client going, I make a point to forge, but don't have it going everyday. 

I will be more than happy to run a node 24/7 if a big whale leases my 2,000 NXT account 100,000 NXT.  I like NXT, and want to support the network, at the same time, I don't have a big enough investment. 

Also, I have been a big supporter of NXT for a long time on the forums, yet I hardly have any.  I would like to buy 10,000-20,000 outside of an exchange if somebody would be willing to give a newbie a good deal!

Please PM me  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
I just came up with this idea for a service and i wonder if anyone would be interested.

Dark Escrow

The idea is that i would run a nxt orderbook but unlike a normal orderbook it would be kept secret. If you placed a buy or sell order you wouldnt know whether it would be filled, you wouldn't know who filled it, and most importantly it wouldn't move the price of nxt. This sort of thing would require a very high degree of trust granted, but i think i have worked very hard to earn the trust of this community. My fee would be higher than normal, im thinking 2% instead of my usual 1% because i would have to manage the orderbook and everything also. Also this service would be for serious players. Small fish can just go to the exchanges and they dont have to worry about moving the market, so this would have a minimum order size. What do you guys think? would anyone be interested?

Granted that since protecting peoples privacy would be an important part of this service, if you would be interested feel free to tell me so in a pm instead of in this thread. If i get enough people to agree to place orders than ill go ahead and start this thing.
Activity: 854
I got yet another infrastructure request to you, guys.

Have a look: http://charts.nxtcrypto.org/cNoOfAwardedForgers.aspx

We need more forging accounts.

Big stakeholders, split up your accounts to at most 5 million NXTs, please.

Small stakeholders, form hubs and forge together. Each active NXT helps.

Thanks.

It is ok if we just lease our balance to a  pool?

Or are you impliying to forge by our own?

It is very much okay. Smiley

1) Better than not forging is leased forging.

2) Better than leased forging is forging on your own.

So, everything is better than not forging.

+10 to ChuckOne on this......we need more of everything. In an ideal world the NXTwork would consist of 200-1000 'supernodes', each running a forging balance between 1-5 megaNXT, and any number of smaller nodes helping to secure the network.

Just as a reminder: there are now 2 profitable reasons to run your own node: forging income and the NSC asset, which is issued to all forging nodes for creating a block, even if it is empty. Have a look at:
https://nxtforum.org/assets-board/%28ann%29-nsc-nxt-security-coin/
Good idea from Ebby....

Set up nodes, forge on them, please....

Thank you TwinWinNerD.

legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com

Let's assume the average forgers computer uses 20 watts and runs 24/7.  Therefore, they would use 14.4 kWh per month.  This will cost them around $1.50 USD.  The need to forge 30 NXT a month ( @ $0.05 USD per NXT ) to pay for their cost.

legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com
so, what would you recommend?

buy moar Grin

Grin

probably will. how many do I need to get forging properly?

Depends on your definition of properly.

400,000 - 500,000 NXTs are necessary to forge each day some blocks. Do not nail me down to specific numbers as they are subject to vary.

buy moar Grin

Grin

Depends on your definition of properly.

400,000 - 500,000 NXTs are necessary to forge some blocks each day. Do not nail me down to specific numbers as they are subject to vary.
Activity: 336
Merit: 260

You can lease any amount to a forging pool, even your 970 nxt, and it will forge, but profits from that won't even cover the transfer fees, so buy moar and lease to a forging pool.

That solely depends on your attitude and your plans regarding this crypto-platform.

Some alternatives:

1) Get more NXTs by buying them or earning them to start forging on your own.

2) If you do not care about the forged fees (you might actually contribute them for charity), then you could consider leasing them to this pool: https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/chuckone's-hub/

3) Forge on your own just to support the network. Maybe, you are extremely lucky. Smiley

Problem with 2): leasing costs you 1 NXT right now (fee for the lease transaction).

Good thing about 3): forging with such low balance equals just running a node. That supports the network. +1
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
http://www.nxtreporting.com

Check out that site! It is epic! EPIC!

wish was integrated into wesleys Smiley
ñso pissed about sharexcoin even if it wasnt big money
Jump to: