Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 378. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
so, what would you recommend?

buy moar Grin

Grin

probably will. how many do I need to get forging properly?
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
I have ~970NXT - will I forge NXT, and if so, when will I begin forging?
thanks.

Well, technically if you advice your node to do so, you will immediately start to forge. However, the probability to generate a block is extremely low for 970 NXTs.

so, what would you recommend?
Activity: 364
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
thanks.

Well, technically if you advice your node to do so, you will immediately start to forge. However, the probability to generate a block is extremely low for 970 NXTs.
thanks.
I got yet another infrastructure request to you, guys.

Have a look: http://charts.nxtcrypto.org/cNoOfAwardedForgers.aspx

We need more forging accounts.

Big stakeholders, split up your accounts to at most 5 million NXTs, please.

Small stakeholders, form hubs and forge together. Each active NXT helps.

Thanks.

It is ok if we just lease our balance to a  pool?

Or are you impliying to forge by our own?

It is very much okay. Smiley

1) Better than not forging is leased forging.

2) Better than leased forging is forging on your own.

So, everything is better than not forging.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

Thanks.

It is ok if we just lease our balance to a  pool?

Or are you impliying to forge by our own?
Someone that is experienced with API calls could make a floating 30 day number of rewarded forgers. Every single different forger that got rewarded over the last 30 day period.

This might be a better indicator than the 1 day average. Especially because the 1 day is very luck dependent, because the average forging time for most accounts is way over 1 day!

However, I still doubt that we will have much more than those 130 forgers. Do you not think?

I bet we have more than 400 forgers on 30 day average!

Maybe, but some proportion of these 400 are not active anymore because they simply do not exist anymore or are simply offline.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
Someone that is experienced with API calls could make a floating 30 day number of rewarded forgers. Every single different forger that got rewarded over the last 30 day period.

This might be a better indicator than the 1 day average. Especially because the 1 day is very luck dependent, because the average forging time for most accounts is way over 1 day!

However, I still doubt that we will have much more than those 130 forgers. Do you not think?

I bet we have more than 400 forgers on 30 day average!

Ah, I realized that this chart will not work for us as there a only the individual forgers per day. Cheesy 1440 forgers at most....

Dang.... while I was writing my clarification Sad

Wink

Yeah. I actually thought my numbers were regarding active forgers. So, this chart might be a good approximation for now (130 forgers of 800 blocks). We could even have rolling counts over several days. That should give us a give approximation about the real active number of forgers, I guess.

Maybe, you have a better idea.

Maybe, not 30 days. But yeah. If I have some time, I will write small Python script to do that.
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
Ah, I realized that this chart will not work for us as there a only the individual forgers per day. Cheesy 1440 forgers at most....

Wink

Yeah. I actually thought my numbers were regarding active forgers. So, this chart might be a good approximation for now (130 forgers of 800 blocks). We could even have rolling counts over several days. That should give us a give approximation about the real active number of forgers, I guess.

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Which is the most trusted forging leash pool?

Wink

Thanks.
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com

legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
Just out of curiosity, what is your target number, that you consider "good"?

Hard to say.

short-term (end of the year): 500
mid-term (end of next year): 1000
long-term: 5000

long-term is quite hard especially if we might introduce some forging caps. Well, that is future talk. Nobody really knows what will be there several years ahead. Maybe, Nxt will be no more then.

Well, I hope now I can resolve an english missunderstanding Wink

The graph you posted shows "Number of awarded forger per day".

As there are only 800 blocks the absolute maximum amount that number can be is 800 (or 1440 when we have a faster network or transparent forging). So 1000 and 5000 is impossible without changes to the blocktime.

Just out of curiosity, what is your target number, that you consider "good"?

Hard to say.

short-term (end of the year): 500
mid-term (end of next year): 1000
long-term: 5000

long-term is quite hard especially if we might introduce some forging caps. Well, that is future talk. Nobody really knows what will be there several years ahead. Maybe, Nxt will be no more then.
Jump to: