Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 428. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 504
If you want to say to your (grand)kids one day - yes, I was there and helping, when all media wrote about our Nxt crowdfunding for the expo event, here is your chance: Smiley

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/fundraising-for-payexpo/msg27006/#msg27006

Zehra J Chudry:
Delighted to welcome @NXTCoin as the official #cryptocurrency Partner @PayExpo NXT will be paying their #crowdfunded sponsorship in #Nxtcoin

thanks
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Wouldn't it be easier to just buy silver rounds/bars, warehouse them and tie the assets to that storage?

Where is the fun?

I guess if pouring 2000deg metal is one guys idea of fun, more power to him. Wink

What is so fun at pool party with barbecuing, beer and live band... when you can melt metal in hot oven... Oh yeaaaah ! !   Grin   Grin

I think he's planning on making 'NXT' bars eventually...

im not sure if i want to do that or just have a more general brand. but yes i will definitely be getting a stamping machine and some custom stamps at some point. i really need more feedback from the community. there are soo many things that i could do to improve my business. like literally 2 dozen things that i know of already and of course i can only do one at a time so it would be great if i knew what was most important to you guys so i could put that at the top of my list.

some potential upgrades (in the order i think is most important):
buying a tumbler so that bars will come out with a mirror shine
moving into refining
having a custom 10 ounce mold made so i can start pouring 10 ounce bars
getting stamps and a stamping machine
moving into gold

Anon136, I assume the tokens on the AE represent a share in these bars you are showing. The bars are obviously in your possession. So claiming your share would mean that you have to send/ship the physical stuff to that person. We have to trust you for this. So is there a way in which we can eliminate this trust (the crypto world is all about finding trushtless solutions). Even if you are trustworthy then there is the problem of a limited lifespam. What happens if you die (i hope you life long, don't get me wrong).

So i think it would be nice if you could setup a company/organisation/foundation that legaly possesses the silver and would deliver them to anyone who has the tokens. So this company needs to legally acknowledge the NXT blockchain and the silver tokens that are traded on it.

He certainly needs trust. But, that is gained by transparency. That is gained by a 3rd part audit of his bullion holdings. The only issue I see with this asset is the total asset count doesn't equal his current holdings. This makes the audit harder. Although, I guess there is no way with the ASSET exchange to adjust the number of shares (ounces in his case) based on his warehoused bullion.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Anon136, I assume the tokens on the AE represent a share in these bars you are showing. The bars are obviously in your possession. So claiming your share would mean that you have to send/ship the physical stuff to that person. We have to trust you for this. So is there a way in which we can eliminate this trust (the crypto world is all about finding trushtless solutions). Even if you are trustworthy then there is the problem of a limited lifespam. What happens if you die (i hope you life long, don't get me wrong).

So i think it would be nice if you could setup a company/organisation/foundation that legaly possesses the silver and would deliver them to anyone who has the tokens. So this company needs to legally acknowledge the NXT blockchain and the silver tokens that are traded on it.

You'll never be able to completely eliminate trust, and that's a good thing.  Why do we always need to turn to the state to 'protect us'?  

Oh yeah, because people make stupid decisions and then want to socialize the consequences of those stupid decisions....
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
limited lifespam. 

For those unfamiliar, this is the time it takes for spam to become inedible.

Isn't that the same as either infinity or instantanious (depending of which School of Spam you adhere to)?
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
limited lifespam. 

I was thinking more along the lines of a life-dose of spam.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
limited lifespam. 

Activity: 427
Merit: 250
Wouldn't it be easier to just buy silver rounds/bars, warehouse them and tie the assets to that storage?

Where is the fun?

I guess if pouring 2000deg metal is one guys idea of fun, more power to him. Wink

What is so fun at pool party with barbecuing, beer and live band... when you can melt metal in hot oven... Oh yeaaaah ! !   Grin   Grin

I think he's planning on making 'NXT' bars eventually...

im not sure if i want to do that or just have a more general brand. but yes i will definitely be getting a stamping machine and some custom stamps at some point. i really need more feedback from the community. there are soo many things that i could do to improve my business. like literally 2 dozen things that i know of already and of course i can only do one at a time so it would be great if i knew what was most important to you guys so i could put that at the top of my list.

some potential upgrades (in the order i think is most important):
buying a tumbler so that bars will come out with a mirror shine
moving into refining
having a custom 10 ounce mold made so i can start pouring 10 ounce bars
getting stamps and a stamping machine
moving into gold

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
Over 35,000 accounts now.
Can someone tell me if that's clients actually running at the time, or something else? (It seems a little stable for that.)

This represents the number of NXT accounts that EVER had NXT on them.

Thanks.
Presumably a better measure of adoption than for bitcoin. Is there a better one? Is it possible to count active accounts?

Well a way would be to count all accounts with a balance higher than 10 (so that faucet spam doesn't count). Then divide that by the number of accounts the average person has. (1.5 maybe?) then add all the people that only store NXT on exchanges(many I believe). Overall I'd say we are around 3-5k users.

Far fewer than I thought. But all the more impressive for it.
It would be nice to have reliable figures updated regularly. I guess market cap is some kind of proxy.
legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com
Can someone tell me if that's clients actually running at the time, or something else? (It seems a little stable for that.)

Thanks.
Presumably a better measure of adoption than for bitcoin. Is there a better one? Is it possible to count active accounts?

Well a way would be to count all accounts with a balance higher than 10 (so that faucet spam doesn't count). Then divide that by the number of accounts the average person has. (1.5 maybe?) then add all the people that only store NXT on exchanges(many I believe). Overall I'd say we are around 3-5k users.
legendary

Thanks.
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com

legendary
Activity: 854
Shameless selfpost: Can you guys take a look at my website and give some feedback and test the trollbox?

http://cryptorating.org/

Thank you Smiley

Tried it, liked it.

Good work, Twin!
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
Shameless selfpost: Can you guys take a look at my website and give some feedback and test the trollbox?

http://cryptorating.org/

Thank you Smiley
legendary
I'm trying to get over an issue of PoS coins. If I have 500k coins, why should I distribute any if I'm going to profit by forging?

presumably because there are things that you value more highly than money in the future. i mean you do know that you are going to die someday right?

I don't know, technology might one day have the capacity to make us immortal Wink

I see what you're saying. Eventually, a holder is going to want to spend those coins. Otherwise, they're just watching numbers go up

I'm trying to get over an issue of PoS coins. If I have 500k coins, why should I distribute any if I'm going to profit by forging?

If only 20 people have all the coins, and they are just holding them, then they really aren't worth anything.

Yeah I thought about it like this, but wasn't satisfied with the explanation. Obviously, 20 people are not holding this coin

Right, just do what works for you.
Activity: 493
Merit: 500

presumably because there are things that you value more highly than money in the future. i mean you do know that you are going to die someday right?

I don't know, technology might one day have the capacity to make us immortal Wink

I see what you're saying. Eventually, a holder is going to want to spend those coins. Otherwise, they're just watching numbers go up

If only 20 people have all the coins, and they are just holding them, then they really aren't worth anything.

Yeah I thought about it like this, but wasn't satisfied with the explanation. Obviously, 20 people are not holding this coin
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

Activity: 854
Hitbtc.com voting .....

Guys/girls/undecided:

You have all done a brilliant job on the voting campaign for the hitbtc.com exchange, we are still slightly behind Blackcoin, but not by much.
I've had some positive contact with a representative from hitbtc in the last 2 days, and they are definitely interested. So far the good news, now for the bad news:

Who let the DOGEs out?

As you can see, the doggies are at 2000 votes and climbing, probably 3000 by the time I finish this post.
Maybe we should make a truce with BC, go and have a beer while the DOGEs go voting-crazy.....

Anyway, this is turning into an interesting competition......keep it rolling, everyone, all of this 3-way battle just means more users for hitbtc and more market for NXT, when we get on.

Everybody wins.

So go to:
https://hitbtc.com/vote
Vote, then register and vote again for a x10 vote. Then use hitbtc......it looks like a bloody good exchange.
Activity: 493
Merit: 500
Jump to: