Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 424. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
With great pride, I announce the launch of the NXT_Carbon fund!

https://nxtforum.org/assets-board/%28ann%29-nxtcarbon-making-nxt-truly-environmentally-friendly!/new/#new

It's basically a carbon-offset scheme financed via the asset exchange, so if you want to offset the environmental costs of your NXT energy consumption, buy some.

Heres the basic info, much more info in the [ANN] thread:

NxtCarbon
ID no: 2182629384137726401
and is only available from:

Account name: NXT_Carbon Fund

NXT-V8D6-R4DW-SMMT-4FTRH

NxtCarbon will cost 5 NXT per unit, if everyone donates 0.5% of their NXT holdings to NxtCarbon, we will have more than enough to cover the next 2-3 years of NXT energy use. I've put 5% of my personal stash into it....
Any extra funds will be used to support other NXT community projects, so buy some!

rofl, so now even indulgences can be purchased on the blockchain. please forgive me gaia for i have breathed.

You can now monetize your guilt Lol.

I move to officially declare the new holiday of "breath as hard and fast as you can all day" day. That'll show those watermelons who they are messing with.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

https://nxtforum.org/assets-board/%28ann%29-nxtcarbon-making-nxt-truly-environmentally-friendly!/new/#new

It's basically a carbon-offset scheme financed via the asset exchange, so if you want to offset the environmental costs of your NXT energy consumption, buy some.

NxtCarbon

NXT-V8D6-R4DW-SMMT-4FTRH

NxtCarbon will cost 5 NXT per unit, if everyone donates 0.5% of their NXT holdings to NxtCarbon, we will have more than enough to cover the next 2-3 years of NXT energy use. I've put 5% of my personal stash into it....
Any extra funds will be used to support other NXT community projects, so buy some!

rofl, so now even indulgences can be purchased on the blockchain. please forgive me gaia for i have breathed.

You can now monetize your guilt Lol.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Regarding 1), as previously stated, seems Qora coin doesn't have this problem. So can't see this point valid.

Qora is a newbie right now. Let us wait.

But relax, fees will be lowered. Smiley

About 2), I believe noone is forging to get NXT as the outcome is scarcely a few cents even if you have a semidecent stake. I believe people will still forge and lease forging power, therefore, secure the network. Don't think the problem of a fork is real as it can be planned frmo block X (like, 1 month in the future) so people have enough time to update. Either way, people need to update very often atm.

It costs ALMOST nothing to forge. This almost is well compensated by fees, right now.

I'm relax. And I'm not using it so much to be worried about fees. I'm thinking about the system. Why 1 NXT per fee? I don't want an answer like "it will be done" or "it's ok right now". I want to know why it is better  1 NXT than 0.1 NXT (for instance). It costs nothing to forge, that's true, but what's the point? Precisely I'm saying people will carry on forging and therefore 1 nxt fee was/won't never be an incentive to forge at least in the short-mid term.

DLXS

It s one Nxt as Nxt wasn't divisible until NQT was launched a few weeks before AE. The Devs are working on Alias Transfer and Digital Goods Store atm and see this as a higher priority than reducing the fee (which takes more work than changing a variable in the code). Fees are likely to be moved to 'per byte' on the blockchain basis, which will require coding doing for it.

From my experience, Fee change is not seen as a high priority unless you are running/planning to run a tipbot type service, encrypted messenger service, want to be a trader etc etc.

I want lower fees, as I am told it allows some very interesting projects jl777 is working on. But I'm in no rush. Perhaps we can recruit another Java dev to take this on ?  Cheesy

Thanks for your explanation. I actually thought it was just a variable but as I can see, it takes much more than that. Then, definitely, there are other projects much more important Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

NxtCarbon

NXT-V8D6-R4DW-SMMT-4FTRH

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

NxtCarbon

NXT-V8D6-R4DW-SMMT-4FTRH

I see, thank you.
Activity: 386
On Asset Exchange, when I cancel my offer it puts a red line over it but doesnt allow me to use funds again. Is there any time limit or something? Its been like this for 15 minutes

That Cancel is just "pending" until the next block is forged. Looks like there hasn't been a block forged in more than 15 minutes.
As soon as the block is forged and there is 1 confirmation of your Cancel, the funds will be credited back to your account.
Activity: 490
Merit: 504
Now if you buy TxtCoinNow Shares (ID: 17874206509705745796 - from acc NXT-XTC5-4XZC-BZ5D-4WRKY, for 25 NXT) = You are allowing Nxters flying to the Payexpo in London

Now if you want to support Payexpo in London, we still need 200,000 NXT, you can be also rewarded for that. Asking people to donate is one thing, but providing them the shares enables them to either wait for the dividend (see the business plan) or resell the share on later. So it is better than just donate‏.

= each donator can get txtcoinnow shares, you can buy them from the fundraising account (donate = get shares).

Detailed info:
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/fundraising-for-payexpo/msg28446/#msg28446
News about the fundraising:

Donate by buying TxtCoinNow assets

- go to Asset Exchange - TXTCoinNow - ID: 17874206509705745796 -  and see:

NXT-XTC5-4XZC-BZ5D-4WRKY | 10'000 | 25 | 250'000
- this is a fundraising account.

- you can donate to the fundraising account by buying these shares (it is selling 1 share for 25 NXT)

(be sure to buy from fundraising account NXT-XTC5-4XZC-BZ5D-4WRKY only Cheesy)

So this means:
- TXTCoinsNow just donated another 250k NXT in their shares, if they will be bought

TXTCoinsNow also sent their shares to all past donators (1 share for each 50 donated NXT) as a bonus reward.
- so TXTCoinsNow donated 95k NXT, cca 200k Nxt in shares for current donators (8,000 shares, if 1 share was 25 Nxt only) and pledged up to 250k NXT in another 10,000 shares that were sent to the fundraising account and I am selling them there.

Rewarded donators:
11870408506028645093  500 Shares
2037401990853753795    100 SHares
3067445265769414038    100 Shares
29996814460165              200 Shares
3305314291021630215    1100 Shares
17786814447101383525  6000 SHares
10715382765594435905  10 Shares
196910366798475802       6 Shares
1971107829375688406    4 Shares
4582269576268561933    4 Shares
1692147093129760658    1 Share‏

EDIT: thanks to the last fund donations, this opportunity was cancelled
On Asset Exchange, when I cancel my offer it puts a red line over it but doesnt allow me to use funds again. Is there any time limit or something? Its been like this for 15 minutes
Activity: 834
Merit: 524
Nxt NEM
Not seen one of these for a while so...

VOTE NOW!!!

https://hitbtc.com/vote

Not sure why or if it is worth it but I just want to win Cool

Guys:

By coincidence, we spoke to these guys at the Amsterdam Bitcoin2014 conference over the weekend, and they are pretty damn serious about their biz. Got a very professional and trustworthy feeling from them, and they also have fiat trading (Euro and dollar) possibilities. I've signed up with them, (and actually used them a little bit last night, very sweet interface)  and if we could get NXT listed with them, that would be pretty important.

So keep on voting, send a couple of polite mails asking for NXT to be listed and make it clear if you sign up for an account, that you are signing up with them as a proud member of the NXT community.

I'm gonna chat to the guys from NXT conference team soon, might have more ideas/info but this is a good thing......keep it up.

Bear in mind that they are going to need some help to integrate NXT with their systems.
@Daedelus: Nice work, mate,

registered and voted
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Regarding 1), as previously stated, seems Qora coin doesn't have this problem. So can't see this point valid.

About 2), I believe noone is forging to get NXT as the outcome is scarcely a few cents even if you have a semidecent stake. I believe people will still forge and lease forging power, therefore, secure the network. Don't think the problem of a fork is real as it can be planned frmo block X (like, 1 month in the future) so people have enough time to update. Either way, people need to update very often atm.

It costs ALMOST nothing to forge. This almost is well compensated by fees, right now.

I'm relax. And I'm not using it so much to be worried about fees. I'm thinking about the system. Why 1 NXT per fee? I don't want an answer like "it will be done" or "it's ok right now". I want to know why it is better  1 NXT than 0.1 NXT (for instance). It costs nothing to forge, that's true, but what's the point? Precisely I'm saying people will carry on forging and therefore 1 nxt fee was/won't never be an incentive to forge at least in the short-mid term.

DLXS

It s one Nxt as Nxt wasn't divisible until NQT was launched a few weeks before AE. The Devs are working on Alias Transfer and Digital Goods Store atm and see this as a higher priority than reducing the fee (which takes more work than changing a variable in the code). Fees are likely to be moved to 'per byte' on the blockchain basis, which will require coding doing for it.

From my experience, Fee change is not seen as a high priority unless you are running/planning to run a tipbot type service, encrypted messenger service, want to be a trader etc etc.

I want lower fees, as I am told it allows some very interesting projects jl777 is working on. But I'm in no rush. Perhaps we can recruit another Java dev to take this on ?  Cheesy

I'm relax. And I'm not using it so much to be worried about fees. I'm thinking about the system. Why 1 NXT per fee? I don't want an answer like "it will be done" or "it's ok right now". I want to know why it is better  1 NXT than 0.1 NXT (for instance). It costs nothing to forge, that's true, but what's the point? Precisely I'm saying people will carry on forging and therefore 1 nxt fee was/won't never be an incentive to forge at least in the short-mid term.

DLXS
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Where can I get some NXT? I just need enough to generate a public key.

http://bter.com/
Activity: 322
Where can I get some NXT? I just need enough to generate a public key.

I don't see why we need 1 NXT per fee either. Thinking about ita/will be actually very expensive if you want to use it for mails, trading, nxttwitter or whatever.

The only possibe reasons to not lower the fee are:

1) avoid spam
2) incentive for mining and thus, protect the network

Regarding 1), as previously stated, seems Qora coin doesn't have this problem. So can't see this point valid. About 2), I believe noone is forging to get NXT as the outcome is scarcely a few cents even if you have a semidecent stake. I believe people will still forge and lease forging power, therefore, secure the network. Don't think the problem of a fork is real as it can be planned frmo block X (like, 1 month in the future) so people have enough time to update. Either way, people need to update very often atm.

This is all IMHO ofc Smiley

DLXS
Jump to: