Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 427. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
hi
Iam new here.
Does the next  the  crypto services platform or it is just new coin?
Cant understand it
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Ok, lot of exciting things going on but does NXT solve the "nothing at stake" issue?
Because otherwise we should consider it worthless.

You will probably enjoy this thread too that goes into some detail
https://nxtforum.org/general/how-does-nxt-fix-the-nothing-at-stake-problem/
Economic clustering has been planned by Bcnext to address what has now become popularly known as the 'Nothing at Stake Problem'. See below with a link to the discussion. Grin

NEW PLANNED FEATURE RELEASE

With no trail time or warning at all (as is his way  Cheesy ), Come-from-Beyond committed code related to a new feature known as Economic Clustering (EC)

Mini take-aways are (as I am still digesting it. Please correct me,  if require  Cheesy ):
i) Addresses the so called 'Nothing-At-Stake Problem'
ii) Analysis of the transactions will allow the detection of forks
iii) The community needs to build infrastructure of nodes and hubs (forging pools) as a first step and then they need to form the Economic Cluster

And we are another step towards full transparent forging  Whoop whoop! Grin  Grin Cheesy

This is an important technical feature so skip the rest if you're not interested in the nuts and bolts  Cheesy

I'd like to announce a new feature. Today I committed code related to Economic Clustering (EC). This concept is a development of the idea of Economic Majority introduced by Meni Rosenfeld.

In his notes BCNext states that EC solves the most critical flaw of Proof-of-Stake concept, according to the description this flaw is what others call "Nothing-at-Stake" problem. The 3rd part of the Plan contains such the words:
Mining in Nxt relies on cooperation of people and even forces it
That was said about EC.

The concept of economic clustering is quite simple. Words "economic majority" say enough to explain how it works. From technical point of view it means that if someone decides to rewrite the history of the blockchain he won't be able to include transactions of those who don't take part in the attack, because every transaction contains the id of one of the recent blocks. When Alice sends money to Bob in exchange for something she'll get what she wants only if Bob validates the transaction. And this can happen only if they are both on the same branch.

Forgers can't forge all branches at once, they are faced with a choice, an attempt to forge more than one branch will lead to their exclusion from one of the clusters.

The proposed technical solution will also be used for analysis of transactions to detect forks. This is one of the reasons why I decided to implement part of EC without waiting for complete TF. Another reason is that proposed solution should be peer reviewed. Recent hot debates on BitcoinTalk regarding Nothing-at-Stake show that people are paying a lot of attention to PoS cryptocoins. This is a good opportunity to get a lot of reviews.

Extra consensus rule mentioned in the 1st part of the Plan is a rule that defines choice of an economic cluster a node sticks too. I can't reveal all the details yet, we still need to build infrastructure of nodes and hubs and (this is more important) to form such a cluster...

Source: https://nxtforum.org/index.php?action=post;quote=26267;topic=1635.0

Ok, lot of exciting things going on but does NXT solve the "nothing at stake" issue?

Buzz phrase of the moment whoop!  Grin one moment pls Grin
Activity: 699
Merit: 501
Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
Activity: 644
Activity: 280
Merit: 257
bluemeanie
btw- did you guys catch that the Beligan government banned ShortNXT within DAYS OF ITS RELEASE!

can't even believe it!

-bm
bluemeanie
Can NXT do more?

What features are coming soon?  I know the exchange is up and running now...

What should we expect in the coming months??

someone just opened up a short sale window, and rumor has it there is going to be a forex futures exchange coming soon.

also I'm working on the Virtual Corporations feature.

-bm

no rumor.. james announced NXTforex today

https://nxtforum.org/nxtventures/nxtforex-realtime-forex-market-recreated-within-nxt-asset-exchange!!/msg26862/

oh very cool!  I am in touch with the person running both ShortNXT and NXTforex and he is reputable.

thanks for the update!

-bm
bluemeanie
Im less interested in the price and more interested in what you can do with the technology.  We're already getting financial types coming in and building instruments.  It's like the wild west right now, so it's a bit risky and the stakes are high.  Also very thrilling!

-bm
Activity: 478
Merit: 250
@msin + @bluemeanie1

iv never read such a short but yet overwhelmingly convincing explanation of why everyone should buy nxt, and everything you both said is only the start. its astonishing, when you think of it, that nxt isnt above 100m marketcap already! hodl tight!

+1. We know all this stuff because we follow Nxt daily but there are thousands of people on this forum who have no idea.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
AKA jefdiesel
Can NXT do more?

What features are coming soon?  I know the exchange is up and running now...

someone just opened up a short sale window, and rumor has it there is going to be a forex futures exchange coming soon.

-bm

no rumor.. james announced NXTforex today

https://nxtforum.org/nxtventures/nxtforex-realtime-forex-market-recreated-within-nxt-asset-exchange!!/msg26862/

bluemeanie
Can NXT do more?

What features are coming soon?  I know the exchange is up and running now...

-bm
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
Can NXT do more?

So much more to come.  Transparent Forging, Automated Transactions (Turing Complete), Digital and Physical Market, Account Control, Instant Transactions in AE, Multi Gateways for trading BTC (and any other Crypto) for Nxt directly, Voting System, Distributed Computing, NxtHaus, etc...  We are tip of the iceberg right now.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Can NXT do more?

You should take a peek at nxtforum.org, a lot of stuff going on there Wink

Pandaisftw
Activity: 290
Merit: 28
bitcoin is not a bubble, it is the pin
Can NXT do more?

Nxt doesn't have to do anything more for now. Let the market catch up first. It has already a ton more features than some coins that are valued way higher.

But obviously, projects are still popping up everyday.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Can NXT do more?

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
He certainly needs trust. But, that is gained by transparency. That is gained by a 3rd part audit of his bullion holdings. The only issue I see with this asset is the total asset count doesn't equal his current holdings. This makes the audit harder. Although, I guess there is no way with the ASSET exchange to adjust the number of shares (ounces in his case) based on his warehoused bullion.

its simple actually. 1 trillion units issued. 999,999,999,891.6648 assets in the possession of account NXT-UWKJ-GFEV-AGY4-5C4YS. 1 trillion - 999,999,999,891.6648 = 108.3352. I have 108.3352 troy ounces in total liabilities.
Activity: 290
Merit: 28
bitcoin is not a bubble, it is the pin
Wouldn't it be easier to just buy silver rounds/bars, warehouse them and tie the assets to that storage?

Where is the fun?

I guess if pouring 2000deg metal is one guys idea of fun, more power to him. Wink

What is so fun at pool party with barbecuing, beer and live band... when you can melt metal in hot oven... Oh yeaaaah ! !   Grin   Grin

I think he's planning on making 'NXT' bars eventually...

im not sure if i want to do that or just have a more general brand. but yes i will definitely be getting a stamping machine and some custom stamps at some point. i really need more feedback from the community. there are soo many things that i could do to improve my business. like literally 2 dozen things that i know of already and of course i can only do one at a time so it would be great if i knew what was most important to you guys so i could put that at the top of my list.

some potential upgrades (in the order i think is most important):
buying a tumbler so that bars will come out with a mirror shine
moving into refining
having a custom 10 ounce mold made so i can start pouring 10 ounce bars
getting stamps and a stamping machine
moving into gold

Anon136, I assume the tokens on the AE represent a share in these bars you are showing. The bars are obviously in your possession. So claiming your share would mean that you have to send/ship the physical stuff to that person. We have to trust you for this. So is there a way in which we can eliminate this trust (the crypto world is all about finding trushtless solutions). Even if you are trustworthy then there is the problem of a limited lifespam. What happens if you die (i hope you life long, don't get me wrong).

So i think it would be nice if you could setup a company/organisation/foundation that legaly possesses the silver and would deliver them to anyone who has the tokens. So this company needs to legally acknowledge the NXT blockchain and the silver tokens that are traded on it.

Of course i want to do that, but i have to take this thing 1 step at a time. Right now my concern is getting the community to show enough interest to justify buying a 50 dollar tumbler not a million dollar corporation. I'm worried honestly. Right now im number 17 on the list when im the only asset (as far as i know) that actually has something real to show other than just pie in the sky promises. I'm hoping this will get better when we have more sellers competing with each other to bring prices down. There are so many things that i can do to make this project better. Some would make it a lot better for only a little bit of money, stamping machine and tumbler for example. Something like incorporating and hiring employees who can carry on my work should i die would undoubtedly make it better but at what cost? i need to do all of the things that make it better and dont cost a million dollars before i move onto things that make it better but do cost a million dollars. As for now, the risk that i should die just needs to be priced in, take it into consideration when thinking about how much you are willing to pay for an asset.

Don't worry, I haven't bought anything on the AE yet because I think everything is overvalued at the moment (and I am holding all the Nxt I own), but I've been following what you are doing from the start and silver is definitely the first thing I'm buying on the AE. I'm sure there's a lot of people like me.

You have the right approach, just stay patient and keep the big picture in mind.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Wouldn't it be easier to just buy silver rounds/bars, warehouse them and tie the assets to that storage?

Where is the fun?

I guess if pouring 2000deg metal is one guys idea of fun, more power to him. Wink

What is so fun at pool party with barbecuing, beer and live band... when you can melt metal in hot oven... Oh yeaaaah ! !   Grin   Grin

I think he's planning on making 'NXT' bars eventually...

im not sure if i want to do that or just have a more general brand. but yes i will definitely be getting a stamping machine and some custom stamps at some point. i really need more feedback from the community. there are soo many things that i could do to improve my business. like literally 2 dozen things that i know of already and of course i can only do one at a time so it would be great if i knew what was most important to you guys so i could put that at the top of my list.

some potential upgrades (in the order i think is most important):
buying a tumbler so that bars will come out with a mirror shine
moving into refining
having a custom 10 ounce mold made so i can start pouring 10 ounce bars
getting stamps and a stamping machine
moving into gold

Anon136, I assume the tokens on the AE represent a share in these bars you are showing. The bars are obviously in your possession. So claiming your share would mean that you have to send/ship the physical stuff to that person. We have to trust you for this. So is there a way in which we can eliminate this trust (the crypto world is all about finding trushtless solutions). Even if you are trustworthy then there is the problem of a limited lifespam. What happens if you die (i hope you life long, don't get me wrong).

So i think it would be nice if you could setup a company/organisation/foundation that legaly possesses the silver and would deliver them to anyone who has the tokens. So this company needs to legally acknowledge the NXT blockchain and the silver tokens that are traded on it.

Of course i want to do that, but i have to take this thing 1 step at a time. Right now my concern is getting the community to show enough interest to justify buying a 50 dollar tumbler not a million dollar corporation. I'm worried honestly. Right now im number 17 on the list when im the only asset (as far as i know) that actually has something real to show other than just pie in the sky promises. I'm hoping this will get better when we have more sellers competing with each other to bring prices down. There are so many things that i can do to make this project better. Some would make it a lot better for only a little bit of money, stamping machine and tumbler for example. Something like incorporating and hiring employees who can carry on my work should i die would undoubtedly make it better but at what cost? i need to do all of the things that make it better and dont cost a million dollars before i move onto things that make it better but do cost a million dollars. As for now, the risk that i should die just needs to be priced in, take it into consideration when thinking about how much you are willing to pay for an asset.
Jump to: