Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 435. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 257
bluemeanie
first 2 bars ready to ship to the first person who can acquire 10 tokens Grin

pictures will be posted shortly

I'm curious. The .1 you sent me, what does that equate to. .1 oz?

it sure does.

so how many do I need to get a bar?

-bm

10 troy ounces is the minimum order. i set it like that because i wanted to make it so simple that customers could just buy the tokens, send them to me along with their postal address and get silver. that means shipping has to be built in. which means there is a built in transfer of value from people who make smaller orders to people who make larger orders. i cant do away with that entirely without actually charging for shipping, but by setting the minimum order to 10 I mitigate it substantially. That way i can keep things super simple and my customers never even have to think about shipping.

ya that's one way to do it, probably better way is to just charge a fee if you want to cash out.

currently, your OZ is trading at 22.849 usd, which is well above spot price 19.42 usd (atow).  It's going to be hard to market that.

-bm
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

it sure does.

-bm

10 troy ounces is the minimum order. i set it like that because i wanted to make it so simple that customers could just buy the tokens, send them to me along with their postal address, wait for the silver, and not have to think about anything else. that means shipping has to be built in. which means there is a built in transfer of value from people who make smaller orders to people who make larger orders. i cant do away with that entirely without actually charging for shipping, but by setting the minimum order to 10 I mitigate it substantially. That way i can keep things super simple and my customers never even have to think about shipping.
Activity: 280
Merit: 257
bluemeanie

it sure does.

-bm
legendary

it sure does.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Did anyone d/l the wallet update 1.1.4? I did, and the UI doesn't show up, just a spinning GIF.

It worked fine for me.

Hmm... that doesn't help me. What is the local host port this runs on?

http://localhost:7876/#
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
Did anyone d/l the wallet update 1.1.4? I did, and the UI doesn't show up, just a spinning GIF.

Same here, old version worked fine. New version is saying " Server started successfully" and the GIF keeps spinning while nothing happens.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

It worked fine for me.

Hmm... that doesn't help me. What is the local host port this runs on?

It worked fine for me.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
As a newb how much NXT would I need to buy to make "forging" profitable? I currently mine NAUT and VTC. What kind of processing power does the forging require, does it just run on the CPU?

The purpose of forging is not to make profit but to secure the network. Maybe some day when we have 100s of transaction per minute, it might be profitable. I doubt there is any profit now.

Still to forge once a day you need over 300,000 Nxt

legendary

legendary
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
As a newb how much NXT would I need to buy to make "forging" profitable? I currently mine NAUT and VTC. What kind of processing power does the forging require, does it just run on the CPU?
legendary

hashrate.org is fine, just use it Cheesy

I would not say they are just fine. How much mining have you done there? They have some very serious problems but I am hoping they get better. The NXT community needs them or someone like them.

Im going ahead and point out that he was sacrcastic and he was refering to the fact that the website isn't working Smiley

Fair enough. The site is down but the pool seems to be handing out shares. In addition to being a sysadmin in RL, I am a complete and total smartass - but sometimes printed sarcasm escapes me.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com

I would not say they are just fine. How much mining have you done there? They have some very serious problems but I am hoping they get better. The NXT community needs them or someone like them.

Im going ahead and point out that he was sacrcastic and he was refering to the fact that the website isn't working Smiley

Activity: 490
Merit: 504
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
What exchanges have NXT on them? I am interested in this and figure I can use my GPUs I am mining to keep mining coins and then sell those to buy Nxt

Can I recommend hashrate.org to you? It's a multi-coin-mining pool for scrypt and sha mining and it pays out in nxt!

hashrate decided to shutdown. DO NOT USE!

They are having problems but I don't think they have decided to shut down - if you have a quotation to supporting your claim please bring it on. It is my hope that they will get their shit together and pay more attention since this is a service that the NXT community needs. I still have my miner pointed at that pool. Unfortunately I have it pointed at other pools as well since hashrate.org has not been reliable.

https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/hashrate-org/msg16679/#msg16679

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6590263

But im not sure this is uptodate. Sry!
What exchanges have NXT on them? I am interested in this and figure I can use my GPUs I am mining to keep mining coins and then sell those to buy Nxt

Can I recommend hashrate.org to you? It's a multi-coin-mining pool for scrypt and sha mining and it pays out in nxt!

hashrate decided to shutdown. DO NOT USE!

They are having problems but I don't think they have decided to shut down - if you have a quotation to supporting your claim please bring it on. It is my hope that they will get their shit together and pay more attention since this is a service that the NXT community needs. I still have my miner pointed at that pool. Unfortunately I have it pointed at other pools as well since hashrate.org has not been reliable.
Merit: 506
Trphy.io
You can VOTE EVERY DAY one time logged off!
Jump to: