Pages:
Author

Topic: NXT coin - A total scam? - page 10. (Read 49715 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 250
April 21, 2014, 10:08:48 PM
Damn, 2Kool4Skewl, I'm so jealous. I had to set fire to my G-IV last week, cos one of the tires was flat. I miss that plane.....

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
April 21, 2014, 07:56:31 PM
Damn, 2Kool4Skewl, I'm so jealous. I had to set fire to my G-IV last week, cos one of the tires was flat. I miss that plane.....
April 21, 2014, 07:54:01 PM
At just over 2 cents a piece I think there's still plenty of time and upside for NXT if you're a fan.
Nobody wants to buy something where the 'founders' have a pocket full of them just waiting to sell and buy a new Mercedes.

Don't worry about it.  I already bought my new Mercedes this year from my other crypto investments.
Another NXT whale with a new Mercedes.  That ought to make noobies feel good about joining your scam coin.  Great distro plan - unless you are a late comer.  Live it up!!!

April 21, 2014, 07:43:51 PM
@RawDog: you should check out NXT a bit more deeply, mate. If you're going heavily into MaidSafe, you should take the time to see how other 2nd gen cryptos are implementing similar stuff.
Someone proposed a MaidSafe like file/torrent storage system from within NXT, afaik. See if I can find the post....

EDIT: Heres a couple of MaidSafe/NXT related posts.....not the one I'm looking for , tho, 

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/trading-%27safecoins%27-on-ae/msg9786/#msg9786
https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/update-from-intmain-on-dnsserver-relay/msg7487/#msg7487

Like the look of MaidSafe, btw, it's good to see some innovation happening, rather than the same old LTC clones with a slight twist.
April 21, 2014, 07:39:00 PM
At just over 2 cents a piece I think there's still plenty of time and upside for NXT if you're a fan.
Nobody wants to buy something where the 'founders' have a pocket full of them just waiting to sell and buy a new Mercedes.

Don't worry about it.  I already bought my new Mercedes this year from my other crypto investments.

I got 5 Mercs, bee-atch, and a nice new Beemer to go with. Cool
I really can't believe peeps are still whining about NXT distribution.
The distribution is currently better/fairer than BTC or a lot better than most of the other alts around here.
So, some guys got rich....boohoo, why wasn't it me, mummy?

It's not too late to get into NXT, btw, price is low, BTC is low and u can get 20,000 NXT per BTC.
Many of NXTs 2nd gen features are going to be coming on line in the next few months. That's when you're going to see NXT really taking off, right now it's very quiet on the surface but theres a lot going on under the water, in terms of dev work.
Just to finish, many of the 73 NXT founders have been throwing their NXT back into the NXT economy, paying for devs, promotion, infrastructure, conferences...etc, they are not all greedy whales sitting on their fat arses.....  

Check out the new NXT forum:
https://nxtforum.org/index.php
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026
April 21, 2014, 07:24:22 PM

Don't worry about it.  I already bought my new Mercedes this year from my other crypto investments.
Another NXT whale with a new Mercedes.  That ought to make noobies feel good about joining your scam coin.  Great distro plan - unless you are a late comer.  Live it up!!!
April 21, 2014, 05:22:32 PM

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
April 21, 2014, 02:05:01 PM
It is and maybe forever will be the distribution issue, mainly because hindsight is a bitch and lots of people are regretting not taking the plunge. Perhaps that'll fade. As it stands I'm sitting pretty with my 182 NXT.
Activity: 222
Merit: 102
April 21, 2014, 01:49:16 PM
Seems to be a lot of dislike of Nxt on this forum, but I don't understand why. They are trying to create a new gen of platforms and they are still pretty new. Plus the price for NXT is nice and low right now, especially compared to Mastercoin.

What are the alternatives? Mastercoin? Counterparty?
legendary
April 21, 2014, 01:00:06 PM
NXT keeps sinking further down.  Down, down, down. 
legendary
April 19, 2014, 03:12:52 PM
NXT is 'dumped'.  At any price, it is going down, down, down.  Those guys missed the hype up - now it is done.  Shitty distribution by greedy founders will kill a coin very easily.  Gotta be more careful.  Nobody wants to buy something where the 'founders' have a pocket full of them just waiting to sell and buy a new Mercedes.  NXT doomed themselves, no matter if there is actually function under all that or not.  There is no fairness in that lottery/scam.

They missed it. 

Btw, what coin did u invest into? Ur signature tells that u didn't invest into Bitcoin.
MaidSafe.  That is a cool new network idea.  It isn't a new coin.  It is a whole new network.  Think Dropbox decentralized style.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
April 13, 2014, 01:56:37 PM
NXT is 'dumped'.  At any price, it is going down, down, down.  Those guys missed the hype up - now it is done.  Shitty distribution by greedy founders will kill a coin very easily.  Gotta be more careful.  Nobody wants to buy something where the 'founders' have a pocket full of them just waiting to sell and buy a new Mercedes.  NXT doomed themselves, no matter if there is actually function under all that or not.  There is no fairness in that lottery/scam.

They missed it. 

Btw, what coin did u invest into? Ur signature tells that u didn't invest into Bitcoin.
legendary
April 13, 2014, 01:42:16 PM

They missed it. 
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
April 13, 2014, 11:31:40 AM
Activity: 596
Merit: 500
April 13, 2014, 11:29:32 AM
I also missed NXT
legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com
April 13, 2014, 11:22:04 AM
Missed NXT?

How about looking into NAS, to not make that mistake again??

Smiley

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nas-descendant-of-nxt-100-posmore-exchangeswinnas-is-ready-523187
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
April 13, 2014, 11:13:33 AM
mimimimi.....I missed NXT....mimimimi
legendary
April 13, 2014, 08:49:24 AM
it will still fail just because of its extremely unfair distribution.
It's been a total scam from the very beginning.  71 people are instantly multimillionaires - where do you think that money comes from?  That's right: suckers.  NXT will collapse soon.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002
March 21, 2014, 10:48:17 AM
Even NXT is a great coin it will still fail just because of its extremely unfair distribution. The developer should blame himself to use this terrible distribution process. For pure POS coin, fair distribution plays a big part in these coins success.

why? distribution by a small group of miners right now more and more centalized in Iceland facilities and huge GPU / ASIC farms is unfair

Distribution by the cuckoo728 proof of work would be pretty fair, and low-power to boot.

That uses 7GB of memory (with no trade-off for time) which doesn't fit in any GPU card,
let alone ASIC. So anyone with a high-end desktop can mine this.
Or anyone willing to rent some cloudservers.

At the same time, botnets will not dare run anything using so much memory as it
will send computers into swap-hell, killing performance and alerting their owners.

It's also very power friendly since 95% of runtime is memory latency.

See https://github.com/tromp/cuckoo for details.
So we have winner for few month with distribution till it will be popular.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125
March 21, 2014, 10:47:38 AM

Pages:
Jump to: