Pages:
Author

Topic: NXT coin - A total scam? - page 7. (Read 49720 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
April 09, 2015, 03:53:28 AM
NXT is being used to launder BTC or other forms of money, and it's somewhere around 4-5 people who drive the whole thing and they collectively own 80+% of the coin. jl777 is one of those people. They go through phases of distributing the coins to people who they think can improve the profile of NXT(that would be me and Ian Knowles) and other tactics like 'swarm teams' and manipulation of the market ticker to make a steady profit. This goes to pay the promoters, infrastructure, etc. Jl777 in particular seems to have some kind of exalted status in this group as it's abundantly clear he is running multiple ponzi schemes, everyone knows it, but no one calls him on it. Jl777 has garnered at least .5 million USD from his ponzi investments and he has never a the end produced a return on any of them.

That's interesting to read about jl777, James. And yes, you are quite right that he is rolling out one scam after the other and no one calls him on it yet (but the call from law enforcement will be inevitable and they will be calling him on).
I know about him relatively little. I came cross with him in the VeriCoin thread on the day when he started to sell his Supernet IPO. He needed the back in and support of the Vericoin community and he was pushing really hard his agenda. As he came cross as a real charlatan in promoting his product I had no doubt his Supernet is a complete bollocks, and as we can see of course it is (he can check-in at Github as much code as he want, that doesn't change the fact that the whole Supernet idea is a bollocks). I do quite a lot angel investment in real life and come cross all the time with convincing charlatans like James aka jl777 is. Anyway, it is interesting to read this speculation that he is one of the main NXT founder guys - no wonder he keeps his anonymity intact very carefully.

Not that he can remain anonymous forever whatever talented he is and we have to give him that he is very talented, being able to collect U$ 5 million require a special talent even in crypto world.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Activity: 1176
Merit: 297
Bitcoin © Maximalist
April 08, 2015, 03:22:41 PM
NXT is being used to launder BTC or other forms of money, and it's somewhere around 4-5 people who drive the whole thing and they collectively own 80+% of the coin. jl777 is one of those people. They go through phases of distributing the coins to people who they think can improve the profile of NXT(that would be me and Ian Knowles) and other tactics like 'swarm teams' and manipulation of the market ticker to make a steady profit. This goes to pay the promoters, infrastructure, etc. Jl777 in particular seems to have some kind of exalted status in this group as it's abundantly clear he is running multiple ponzi schemes, everyone knows it, but no one calls him on it. Jl777 has garnered at least .5 million USD from his ponzi investments and he has never a the end produced a return on any of them.
how large the group of friends is and what % they still own is debatable but yeh another scam in cryptoland
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
April 08, 2015, 01:27:12 PM
NXT is being used to launder BTC or other forms of money

This seems to be an original accusation. +1!
And the problem with that is ........
legendary
Activity: 1225
March 24, 2015, 04:18:54 AM
And now apparently BCNext is working on Nxt Mobile or whtever...

What is this "Nxt Mobile"?

https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/(ann)-nxt-mobile

I think he got something wrong, fmiboy seems to be working on this, not BCNext.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042
White Male Libertarian Bro
March 24, 2015, 03:31:31 AM

What is this "Nxt Mobile"?
legendary
Activity: 1588
March 23, 2015, 10:26:24 PM
Nope - NXT has a very active community .They actively develop very interesting projects

Ya man, the NXT Forum gets 200 posts/day in 2015...
So it definitely is not a "total scam"... though there are assets on the AE that seem absurd.

I found this quote in cyberspace:

"If Doc Roberts had brought the Altair 8800 to a VC in 1974...
He would have been patted on the head and sent on his way"

That pretty much sums up some of the more exotic Nxt Assets like JINN and certain nxtVenture stuff...
So there I've listed 3 engineers that are clearly genius level visionaries with an actual track record...
But they would never qualify for formal VC funding.

For a speculator... you get a chance to bet on very interesting ventures with decent odds  Smiley

Activity: 103
Merit: 10
March 23, 2015, 06:48:52 PM
NXT forum has very big community with many live projects, hard to believe this is a scam
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
March 20, 2015, 03:13:56 AM

Yay, that rules! Haven't seen an original NXT horror story in a very long time.

And who the f*** are those 4 or 5 mythical whales who own all the NXT ? Name some names, please.
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
March 17, 2015, 11:23:29 PM
Nope - NXT has a very active community .They actively develop very interesting projects
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
March 17, 2015, 04:05:59 PM

Activity: 492
Merit: 500
March 17, 2015, 07:18:18 AM
Not sure if healing spells are gonna help this thread, C-f-B.

Healing is a side effect. Main purpose of this words is to talk to dead ones. I hope to raise bring back some trolls.

It worked

Zombie trolls..........eek, I'm off, he squeaked.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/zombie_how
legendary
Activity: 1225
March 17, 2015, 06:30:25 AM

Healing is a side effect. Main purpose of this words is to talk to dead ones. I hope to raise bring back some trolls.

It worked
Activity: 154
March 17, 2015, 06:15:47 AM
March 16, 2015, 03:44:54 PM
Zombie trolls..........eek, I'm off, he squeaked.
legendary
March 16, 2015, 03:11:36 PM

Activity: 201
March 16, 2015, 03:10:28 PM
Oh CFB, why did you necro this thread. Tongue

I am so tired of all these threads claiming every crypto project is a scam.
March 16, 2015, 02:38:33 PM
legendary
March 16, 2015, 02:28:10 PM
Anh Mi Sah Ko
Activity: 168
October 06, 2014, 12:01:48 PM
Whats with scammers being called Josh/Joshua!!!
Pages:
Jump to: