Pages:
Author

Topic: NXT coin - A total scam? - page 19. (Read 49715 times)

Activity: 597
Merit: 500
December 25, 2013, 08:43:40 PM
sure, what else could you say  Grin

a very healthy distribution  Grin Grin Grin

oups, have seen your other statement, everything clear now.
it seems i have asked for more than you are able to deliver.
no problem, take it easy.   Grin
December 25, 2013, 08:32:18 PM
major stake accounts melting
step by step, easy to see if you really want.
let me see please

here we go:
http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=34

pos 51. was +8m. last week.

and here:
http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=31

smaller accounts rising into top miner lists.

and here:
http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=6635869272840226493

dgex has a healthy distribution ratio.

and just in case you like to talk only about the first top account position.
looks like the unclaimed nxt account to me and i wrote melting, not already melted.
all in all as said, distribution is going on, no doubt about it.

edit:
and btw, if you compare this distribution ratio, precised by factorizing the distribution timescale
you will find out, that nxt has already outperformed many, if not any other coin in terms measured above.
prove it, compare it with other coins within this timescale if you really want to know, hopefully you trust your own numbers then.
and if you really do, just have a look, while you on it and check the real current distribution of some popular coins too.  Grin

lol

sure, what else could you say  Grin
December 25, 2013, 08:29:07 PM
so sad -> if <- its total scam  Grin

correct wording here... Grin
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
December 25, 2013, 06:48:09 PM
so sad if its total scam  Grin
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
December 25, 2013, 06:40:24 PM
Don't forget that distribution can be faked. Are you able to verify that each address belongs to only 1 individual?

Wouldn't it be smart move for large stakeholders to make it look like the distribution is happening in a healthy manner?
Of course, this issue applies to nearly all coins, but it is a more serious matter in the case of a fully minted digital currency like NxT.

Be cautious.
December 25, 2013, 05:50:13 PM
let me see please

here we go:
http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=34

pos 51. was +8m. last week.

and here:
http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=31

smaller accounts rising into top miner lists.

and here:
http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=6635869272840226493

dgex has a healthy distribution ratio.

and just in case you like to talk only about the first top account position.
looks like the unclaimed nxt account to me and i wrote melting, not already melted.
all in all as said, distribution is going on, no doubt about it.

edit:
and btw, if you compare this distribution ratio, precised by factorizing the distribution timescale
you will find out, that nxt has already outperformed many, if not any other coin in terms measured above.
prove it, compare it with other coins within this timescale if you really want to know, hopefully you trust your own numbers then.
and if you really do, just have a look, while you on it and check the real current distribution of some popular coins too.  Grin
Activity: 798
December 25, 2013, 05:23:10 PM
let me see please
December 25, 2013, 03:41:59 PM
1. repeating old states in endless loop, doesn't make them more true.
distribution is going on fast. from 72 initial accounts nxt reaches
now 4.000 accounts within 30 days! major stake accounts melting
2. many of the worldwide biggest database cluster driven by java.
besides this, as mentioned above, java is the number one language
within the financial industry and there are reason why so. nearly all
global companies using java also, not only for data-analytic but also for
the complete business logic. moreover a good coder create superior code
regardless which tools he used. stating the tools defines the output
quality simply revealing someone who has zero real world knowledge
and what he is talking about and for sure not a professional developer.
3. comparing nxt to other btc-clones makes also no sense, not that
the whole codebase is written from scratch, it's concept is simple
different, a one to one comparison reveals again insufficient knowledge
at all. nxt rolled out more usefull and important functions in a few
days then any other coin in month or even years. while i can understand
and also respect the current attacks, to protect monetary interests,
a new currency should withstand this, i can't, as soon they become to a
level just to protect another insufficient system. blocking independent
and most important, free decisions is just -> censorship, nothing else.
i would also thanks the attacker(s) for this usefull confirmation. now
i am sure nxt has something unique, others would like to have, therefore
i will double my time supporting nxt from now on.  Grin
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
JustabitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis
December 25, 2013, 02:44:03 PM
*yawn*

I love the alt section (ghetto) of Bitcointalk. It's a hoard of people always looking for reasons why something won't work because they weren't involved early on. Good stuff. Smiley

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
December 25, 2013, 01:37:04 PM

Fourth, it's financial software.  Financial software in itself doesn't scream 'scam' but it does mean you absolutely cannot run it without completely trusting it because if you do otherwise then sooner or later a scam will take your entire life savings and/or livelihood.

Exactly!   It is crazy that people are placing hard earned money on software that appears to be written in a week or two on the side!

C'mon, look at the code base!   It's a prototype that I would find written by any student as part of a course exercise.

What I like to see is something like eMunie that takes months to work on to release.

This is VERY DANGEROUS STUFF we are speaking of here.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
December 25, 2013, 01:32:32 PM

3. The system were full of bugs. The client I installed never ran properly more than 24 hours.

I had to delete the .nxt or re-download all client and block chain files to fetch the latest block info every time I restart computer.

And the block chain update progress always got stuck.

Not to saying the super user with huge amount of coins or negative number of coins.

Bitcoin had bugs once you know. It's years old now.

Please note, NXT is built on a totally new codebase with different concepts. Do not compare it to Bitcoin clones which have only a few tweaks or deviations from the Bitcoin codebase.

Yes, but all these other coins are built on top of a codebase that is well known to be secure.

To build on a code base that is entirely new has greater risks.   Just because it is new does not mean it is better.  It still has a lot of growing pains to go through and only time will tell if it can make it through this.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
December 25, 2013, 01:00:13 PM

3. The system were full of bugs. The client I installed never ran properly more than 24 hours.

I had to delete the .nxt or re-download all client and block chain files to fetch the latest block info every time I restart computer.

Not to saying the super user with huge amount of coins or negative number of coins.

Bitcoin had bugs once you know. It's years old now.

Please note, NXT is built on a totally new codebase with different concepts. Do not compare it to Bitcoin clones which have only a few tweaks or deviations from the Bitcoin codebase.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
December 25, 2013, 12:47:56 PM
1. It's unfair since all coins were pre-mined.

This is required for security of 100% PoS currency.

2. Many awesome features of NXT makes it looks like a super set of altcoins. But only POS were implemented.

Alias System already launched. Asset Exchange is ready and just waiting when client part will be developed.

Every sophisticated software full of bugs. Look at the final balance of https://blockchain.info/address/1J1F3U7gHrCjsEsRimDJ3oYBiV24wA8FuV

4. The account id issue. We had talked about it for a long time but no any reasonable answer.

It was already given. U lie or troll.
Activity: 16
December 25, 2013, 12:42:49 PM
I thought NXT will not success.

1. It's unfair since all coins were pre-mined. Not just a well-designed architecture and infrastructure that make a successful currency but human belief are a more important element.

Anything with human mind involved become complex and unpredictable. So you should take human nature into consideration.

2. Many awesome features of NXT makes it looks like a super set of altcoins. But only POS were implemented.

I can also state that I will invent a currency that can cure all diseases(but i didn't implemented it yet either Tongue)

4. The account id issue. We had talked about it for a long time but no any reasonable answer.

It is a simple sense that the fewer digits of receiving id will harm the system security since the probability of conflict become higher.

The most reasonable discuss I saw was that the short account id is just for showing, it will eventually bind with a full public key.

But it still makes no sense since we can send coins to a whole new short id, and what's the new short id will be bound to?

The most weird thing of all is that I still don't know what's the purpose of this short account id design.

This design reveals the lake security sense of the designer/developer. And this is the clue we can see, how are the security details we cannot see?
Activity: 29
December 25, 2013, 11:17:29 AM
I have very little experience with java myself, so am definatley an expert on the subject.
I'm sure that java can be secure, and that there are a large number of well tested in the field java libs that can be presumed to be implimented securely, which is often a better scenario than custom implimentations by devs who are somewhat out of thier league, or just wanting to get past the boring areas in focus on the more interesting (to them) parts of the project.
Was kinda just having a troll at the devs, mostly cos, in my limited knowledge (making me an expert!) of this project puts me in moral oposition to what i perceive as the main goals driving it.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
December 25, 2013, 10:59:08 AM
I expect thet the use of a rapid development language such as java, with it's vast collection of libraries of prewritten code; will indeed allow even woefuly incompetent devs to add new flashy features in short timeframe, which with sufficient spruking will attract a plethora of ignorant unfortunates buying into their scam.

This is incorrect. Java is de-facto standard in financial world software development.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
December 25, 2013, 10:58:16 AM
Bitcoin - a total scam?

Satoshi mined one million Bitcoins in the first year. Must be a scam right?

Grow up plz. Sure, if in a year from now NXT hasn't become a fully functional cryptocurrency call it a scam but the signs so far are extremely encouraging and the market as a whole obviously sees that which is why the value has soared so much on dgex.
Activity: 29
December 25, 2013, 10:53:03 AM
Just spent half hour reading abou this coin, not looking too positive so far.
So i read this is 100% POS, but where exactly do the original 'stake' coins come from? I read some debate about initial distrivution in this thread, but i'm still not clear on how the original coins are minted?
Is there information page somewhere with explicit details on minting and distribution of the original coinpool?
Am I to presume they where 100% premined/allocated to a single person/group of morally questionable entrepreneurs?
Well it worked out for ripple, i'm supprised we have not seen more variations of that scam appear.
Am i also to presume, jusdging by the choice of java language, and lack of source release, that this group lacks any competent developers?
I expect thet the use of a rapid development language such as java, with it's vast collection of libraries of prewritten code; will indeed allow even woefuly incompetent devs to add new flashy features in short timeframe, which with sufficient spruking will attract a plethora of ignorant unfortunates buying into their scam. I just hope that the great security holes innevitably present in the poorly written (preumably poorly, i'd be delighted if i'm proven wrong,)  java client don't cause anyone to loose anything more than thier own foolish 'investment' into a this rubbish.
The team behind it do seem to be very active promoting/spruking this unethical crud, so i'm sorry to say that this coin will probably actualy do well increasing in value even further in the short term, profiting those who time it well. Regardless, I'd not touch this crap myself, for a large number of reasons, too many to bother listing.

Just remember, the most effective scams are the scams where the scammed think they are the ones doing the scamming, too busy focusing on not blowing it themself, to notice any giveaway tells from other party, and too greedy to excercise caution if they do notice something amis .

Well that's just my 'totally an expert after half hour reading, barely related to the subject, opinions of others only slightly more informed than myself', opinion anyway.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
December 24, 2013, 09:31:20 PM
Look at post 131 in this thread.  That was my basic idea. 

Yes. Sorry for missing your post. Great idea!
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1129
December 24, 2013, 12:27:27 PM
Look at post 131 in this thread.  That was my basic idea. 
Pages:
Jump to: