Pages:
Author

Topic: [NXT] Decentralized Asset Exchange Discussion Thread - page 13. (Read 31325 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Activity: 125
Good job.
Activity: 135
GOOD!
GREAT WORK.
UP
 Grin
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Cross-posting from the main thread:

I'm happy to announce that TwinWinNerD has just bought some of my lovely stickers.
Yay!
77 NXT for 5 stickers+postage, its a bargain.

Which made me think: Is this transaction the first time someone has purchased a physical item in exchange for NXT ?
I can't believe no-one has done it before us, but I don't remember seeing anything earlier on in this thread.
I remember reading jefdiesel runs a pizza restaurant? Why wasn't this our first purchase?

We could do it via AE: jef issues Base Regular, Base Large pizza etc. tokens, and Ham, Olives, Green Peppers, etc topping tokens and Thin Crust, Extra Cheese etc option tokens. A pizza-loving nxter customizes and picks up his Compound Pizza Token through the AE, sends jef an AM, and jef delivers.

The world's first pizza sold for crypto$ through an AE!

(Worldwide delivery within 60 mins, piping hot or a 2nd pizza free Grin)

We should have a mechanism for grouping option tokens like this.

I wrote that only in half-jest. What does everyone think about such a grouping mechanism? Would it be practical? e.g. could it be used as proof of pizza purchase? With such tokens on hand, send them to someone as a /r/randomactsofpizza, or trade it for a real one for yourself whenever you like? What about for other items?

EDIT: Here's how *not* to give pizza: http://www.newsweek.com/chevron-gives-residents-near-fracking-explosion-free-pizza-229491
Activity: 243
Merit: 250
is the test acc balance be reset? my test acc balance is empty.

or somebody can send me test moeny again?

test acc is 5413092517041829505,thanks
Activity: 336
AKA jefdiesel
And what was the idea with trust and reputation within the nxt AE?

These are actually *separate* things - you would need to create a "trust network" on *top* of the AE rather than *within in* as you wouldn't want any AE owner to be able to *manipulate* that "trust network".

*trust* should/will be a variable of worth in AE. If not automatic, it will be the invisible hand of the market at work

if I buy a diamond online from Tiffanys.com, I pay more, but it comes in a blue box, UPS delivers it next day, my wife squeals, and i'm on their mailing list forever because we *trust* them

if i buy a diamond online from www.realstonez.ru It might seem cheap, but will it even arrive? is it real? did they steal all my CC info too?

If i buy silver from AnonInc, I'm more inclined to trust it, and assume it will arrive, then I will give feedback of some sort, automated I'm sure, and his *trust* rating goes up, which then would raise his VALUE

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

These are actually *separate* things - you would need to create a "trust network" on *top* of the AE rather than *within in* as you wouldn't want any AE owner to be able to *manipulate* that "trust network".
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
legendary
Why I can't issue an asset which name is already exist? I got a error as "xcp" is already used.

It's by design.
I don't get it. As "xcp" for example, Some one has issued "xcp" already. And I have some "xcp" and want to sell it. I can't sell it if I didn't  issue it, unless I use another name. Why? I mean all the same thing should be under the same name.

because BobsXCPTokens are a different thing from NxtskysXCPTokens. Just issue them like this NxtskysXCP.
Thanks, as a newbie, I don't completely understand how AE works. Is there any paper used to explain the AE works in detail? The NXT wiki is to simply too describe AE system.

ill just explain it to you right now. Exchanges like nxt, ripple, and mastercoin work with an idea called colored coins. So with a bitcoin any one bitcoin is the same as any other bitcoin. They are what we call fungible. Colored coins are intentionally not fungible. They are intentionally distinct and different from one another. Colored coins have a value attached to them. So for example, speaking in abstractions here, a colored nxt may have the value attached to it of "Nxtsky promises to pay 1 btc to who ever sends him this token, signed netsky". Now that token can be traded on a market.

Lets say betty wants to trade litecoin for bitcoin. She sends litecoin to "hanks litecoin gateway" with a message attached "bettys nxt address:blablabla". Hank will issue "X hankLTCTokens" and sends them to bettys nxt address. Betty uses these to fill the highest bid for on their orderbook thus gaining nxt. Next betty uses her nxt to fill the lowest ask on the orderbook for nxtskysXCPTokens. She sends her nxtskysXCPTokens to nxtskys nxt address with a message attached "bettys xcp address:blablabla". Betty waits for the xcp to arrive.

its obvious to most at first the disadvantages of what i just described. Its very complex compared to sending your coins to cryptsy but this is the cost of decentralization and decentralization comes with its own rewards. at some point in the future you will not just be buying any old random token. You will buy the ones issued by the guy who lives down the street so you can go there and pick them up in person.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
非常好。 very good.
Activity: 399
Cryptocurrency Evangelist
Please send me some testnet NXT:

Seems very interesting!

Still waiting for testing! "Holiday Clear Storage Box" also not working!!
Activity: 56
Why I can't issue an asset which name is already exist? I got a error as "xcp" is already used.

It's by design.
I don't get it. As "xcp" for example, Some one has issued "xcp" already. And I have some "xcp" and want to sell it. I can't sell it if I didn't  issue it, unless I use another name. Why? I mean all the same thing should be under the same name.

because BobsXCPTokens are a different thing from NxtskysXCPTokens. Just issue them like this NxtskysXCP.
Thanks, as a newbie, I don't completely understand how AE works. Is there any paper used to explain the AE works in detail? The NXT wiki is to simply too describe AE system.
legendary

It's by design.

Activity: 56

It's by design.
pt7
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I would like to do a test drive.

Thanks
legendary
Hmm, might I have some testNXT at 10356543424426272552

Edit: hmmm, is there a testnet explorer out there?

sent

can anyone confirm receiving my RandomBux?

Also can anyone tell me an asset they have for sale. Ill buy some and you can confirm receiving my nxt.

how did you even make random bux???

also can you put a link for that nice graphical interface wallet in here?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5054385

asset exchange > issue asset
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
Hmm, might I have some testNXT at 10356543424426272552

Edit: hmmm, is there a testnet explorer out there?

sent

can anyone confirm receiving my RandomBux?

Also can anyone tell me an asset they have for sale. Ill buy some and you can confirm receiving my nxt.

how did you even make random bux???

also can you put a link for that nice graphical interface wallet in here?
Pages:
Jump to: