Pages:
Author

Topic: [NXT] Decentralized Asset Exchange Discussion Thread - page 15. (Read 31325 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
re: crowdfunding --

Let's say the goal is 10,000 NXT. What would be cool is to have a minimum (and maybe maximum) number of participants option as well. For cases where you would like to have a committee, board of directors, etc.

You've developed a new technique to fabricate synthetic unicorn hooves. 10k will grant 49% share of company; you want a minimum of three directors, no more than 6. You only sign up two other people for 11000 during funding period, so the project is shelved (temporarily).

Good? Bad? Flawed?

Dunno if the market will ultimately find that good, bad or flawed, but sounds easily doable through smart contracts. Asset tokens representing director/committee seats could be issued via smart contract, based on contribution. And if it's easily doable, you can bet that people will try it out and figure out whether it's good or bad, and how to improve its flaws. Wink

Would like this idea very much implemented  Smiley

I think there definitely will be people who will write smart contracts for this, it sounds easy enough. In fact, I think there will be people who will run websites which will allow you to design this kind of smart contract by choosing parameters (think of the "design your own bitcoin/litecoin clone" site).

Need some testNxt please,

10k sent. Buy Zahl!
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Need some testNxt please,
Activity: 168
Activity: 350
@Anon136

I was thinking about crowdfunding some more. Instead of having it built into the protocol or done via service provider, it could be done via smart contract. e.g. Kickstarter-style could be done via:

1. The person(s) seeking funding create a holding account for contributed Nxt or other issued coins. The smart contract will act based on transactions to this account.

2. They publicize what they're offering, the reward tiers, the funding goal and the deadline.

3. Interested investors send nxt/coins to the holding account. (Maybe with an accompanying AM if they need to specify options)

4. Once the deadline is up:

a) If the funding goal is not reach, the smart contract will return all sent nxt/coins (minus transaction fees)

b) If the goal is met, it will issue and send out asset tokens to the investors. Different tokens, and # of tokens depending on which tier/options the investor bought into. And it will send all contributed nxt to the person(s) seeking funding.

5. The smart contract then automatically returns any further contributions for a set period of time, before expiring. (this is in case people mistakenly send funds after the deadline has passed. Or maybe account control could provide a way to prevent an account from receiving transactions)

Smart contracts could be easily customizable, so people can experiment with different types of crowdfunding models and choose what they prefer without having to go to different service providers.

Once account control is implemented, I wonder if smart contracts can automatically lock and unlock the holding account, without revealing the key to anyone? Without something like this, you'd still have to trust the people seeking the funds to not run off with them without issuing tokens, or some 3rd party to be in charge of the account.

Sent out nxt to the last few requesters, and a bunch to swartzfeger.

Wow, thank you! Cheesy

re: crowdfunding --

Let's say the goal is 10,000 NXT. What would be cool is to have a minimum (and maybe maximum) number of participants option as well. For cases where you would like to have a committee, board of directors, etc.

You've developed a new technique to fabricate synthetic unicorn hooves. 10k will grant 49% share of company; you want a minimum of three directors, no more than 6. You only sign up two other people for 11000 during funding period, so the project is shelved (temporarily).

Good? Bad? Flawed?
@Anon136

I was thinking about crowdfunding some more. Instead of having it built into the protocol or done via service provider, it could be done via smart contract. e.g. Kickstarter-style could be done via:

1. The person(s) seeking funding create a holding account for contributed Nxt or other issued coins. The smart contract will act based on transactions to this account.

2. They publicize what they're offering, the reward tiers, the funding goal and the deadline.

3. Interested investors send nxt/coins to the holding account. (Maybe with an accompanying AM if they need to specify options)

4. Once the deadline is up:

a) If the funding goal is not reach, the smart contract will return all sent nxt/coins (minus transaction fees)

b) If the goal is met, it will issue and send out asset tokens to the investors. Different tokens, and # of tokens depending on which tier/options the investor bought into. And it will send all contributed nxt to the person(s) seeking funding.

5. The smart contract then automatically returns any further contributions for a set period of time, before expiring. (this is in case people mistakenly send funds after the deadline has passed. Or maybe account control could provide a way to prevent an account from receiving transactions)

Smart contracts could be easily customizable, so people can experiment with different types of crowdfunding models and choose what they prefer without having to go to different service providers.

Once account control is implemented, I wonder if smart contracts can automatically lock and unlock the holding account, without revealing the key to anyone? Without something like this, you'd still have to trust the people seeking the funds to not run off with them without issuing tokens, or some 3rd party to be in charge of the account.

Sent out nxt to the last few requesters, and a bunch to swartzfeger.
I feel bad for asking but can I have some?
I did have some back at client 5.3 but lost them, also I can't get 7.3 to download. It keeps giving me server error.

Sent you a few...
Activity: 95
That guy, you know, with the face
I tried but it says I don't have the funds... my account balance seems to be fixed for whatever I do. I've issued 8 or so assets so it should have reduced the balance on the  "overview" screen.

The transactions appears on the transactions page but the overview wallet balance doesn't change. Am I missing something?

On the unlock screen the client currently needs you to manually click the update button for the amount in your account to update, have you done that?
Edit: put wrong address that was my normal address, this is testnet: 4739106916211421057
Missed a nights sleep, not on the ball :S
Can i get some? at 17563576125615787674

TY!

Sent you a few.
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
Can i get some? at 17563576125615787674

TY!
Send Test Nxt to 12770100660135072668

Ty

Sent you 3000 (I'm running low!)
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
I tried but it says I don't have the funds... my account balance seems to be fixed for whatever I do. I've issued 8 or so assets so it should have reduced the balance on the  "overview" screen.

The transactions appears on the transactions page but the overview wallet balance doesn't change. Am I missing something?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Send Test Nxt to 12770100660135072668

Ty
I think it is ok. I tried to transfer it again and rather than coming up with 50 to transfer, it was 0. I changed it to 50 and attempted the transfer again and got a "not enough cash" error message, presumably as I didn't own them anymore. I hope the holder of boobs enjoys my honks.

Is there a screen that shows you your current assets?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
My account is 2299216276842660095 (Honks).

I tried to transfer to 11391456778089294276 (Boobs).

Did it go through? It is hard to know what I own, I think the honks are still mine.

11391456778089294276 owns 50 Honks. Looks like a client issue.
My account is 2299216276842660095 (Honks).

I tried to transfer to 11391456778089294276 (Boobs).

Did it go through? It is hard to know what I own, I think the honks are still mine.

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
i) I created 50 "Honks" and tried to asset transfer them to the ID of the holder of "Boobs". It seemed to go through ok (no error in the bar at the bottom) but they don't seem to have transferred.

Tell me these accounts plz.
Hi Guys,

I have issued many assets. A few of my intermediate-noob notes:

i) I created 50 "Honks" and tried to asset transfer them to the ID of the holder of "Boobs". It seemed to go through ok (no error in the bar at the bottom) but they don't seem to have transferred.
ii) I understood the errors but it would be easier if they appeared in a more conversational way (probably not important now).
iii) People sent me 85k testNXT, I've issued several assets that have a transaction ID and paid the 1000 fee. Yet my balance hasn't changed. Is this right? Is it only deducted once trading begins?
iv) Another one for later but presumably the assets will be linked to Aliases in the future so there isn't just a wall of numbers and numbers to do everything.

I'm not sure if I am helping but I will now go and try and buy lots of things to get some transactions on the books!

Keep up the good work everyone, the historians are having trouble keeping up.

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
AKA jefdiesel
I thought it was a fee, and did not think it was tied to the price of the asset.

Ok, wasn't sure based on your 10÷1000 comment.

I guess my comment was clarifying that my original thought re: 1000nxt fee, was not incorrect

Wanted to understand that 100nxt wasnt a baseline price, as if you could set it to 10000 shares for 10000nxt and they all are worth 1nxt to start...

send some testNXt

Sent!
Pages:
Jump to: