Pages:
Author

Topic: [NXT] Decentralized Asset Exchange Discussion Thread - page 14. (Read 31325 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Could i please have some testnxt?
Acc. no - 9316773692058971963
Thanks!

im just going to tell you guys the password to my account. it should have 200k+ on there. that will be the community fund. Please don't take more than you need and issue assets from your own accounts.

Holiday Clear Storage Box
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Stand on the shoulders of giants
My lite tip ...

dont do that kind of marketing, it going to bring to you more problems than you may think

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Could i please have some testnxt?
Acc. no - 9316773692058971963
Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Why I can't issue an asset which name is already exist? I got a error as "xcp" is already used.

It's by design.
Activity: 56
Why I can't issue an asset which name is already exist? I got a error as "xcp" is already used.
Activity: 399
Merit: 250
Cryptocurrency Evangelist
Please send me some testnet NXT:

Seems very interesting!
legendary
im just going to tell you guys the password to my account. it should have 200k+ on there. that will be the community fund. Please don't take more than you need and issue assets from your own accounts.

Holiday Clear Storage Box
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
I want to try.

Thanks
Activity: 4
any idea when it will be fully released? thank you
Activity: 164
Can i get some test-nxt to play on AE.

Cheers

sent, hf
Activity: 860
Merit: 1004
BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo
Can i get some test-nxt to play on AE.

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041
Bitcoin is a bit**
Hi,

Please some Test-NXT
Create a test Account: 16981367441012136009

regards
Activity: 98
Hey you know, what ever gets the job done. Smart contracts sound awesome, but if for some reason that plan fails I hope that I offered a pretty reasonable and simple to implement alternative.

I'm just throwing around ideas too Smiley Ultimately I dunno what would be feasible to include in the protocol. CfB, smart guys, what do you think?
legendary
EDIT: Also:

... this transaction can not be eligible for inclusion in the blockchain...

BCNext, found you! Grin

This explains a lot...

im really glad you read my post cfb. if worst comes to worse than it should offer a pretty simple way to do crowdfunding.
legendary

Hey you know, what ever gets the job done. Smart contracts sound awesome, but if for some reason that plan fails I hope that I offered a pretty reasonable and simple to implement alternative.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

BCNext, found you! Grin

This explains a lot...
Activity: 98
if we could do that with smart contracts than that would be ideal for sure. but if not than it would probably be nice to be able to have people issue signed transactions with conditions, such as this transaction can not be eligible for inclusion in the blockchain unless executed unless in conjunction with other signed transactions totalling a certain amount. the person operating the crowd funding could simply collect signed transactions and wait to publish them until he had enough and infact would only be able to publish them if he had enough.

Sounds really specific for something in the protocol. In a more general form, that would be

"this transaction can not be eligible for inclusion in the blockchain unless executed unless in conjunction with other signed transactions which together satisfy a certain condition"

That condition could be total amount, or it could be total # of transactions that are > certain amount, as in swartzfeger's example of committee/director seats, or something else.

Varying another condition,

"this transaction can not (be eligible for inclusion in the blockchain or chained from or some other operation) unless executed unless in conjunction with other signed transactions which together satisfy a certain condition"

And you could vary other parts too. So what you'd really be after are scripted transactions.

My thinking is that whatever function you want a scripted transaction to be able to perform, could also be performed by a smart contract acting on a regular transaction. We just need the function as part of the lower lev/higher lev opcode, and part of what the protocol can do.

One difference is that in a scripted transaction, the script knows which transaction to act on (the one it's attached to), but a smart contract needs additional information to know which script to act on, e.g. on only txs sent to a specified account. I think processing/memory costs would be another (would all nodes in network have to execute every scripted transaction, like they have to do with smart contracts?)

Either way (or both ways), we need to ask what else we want scripts to be able to do.

An alternative way to handle the Kickstarter example is if account control allows accounts to be timelocked, and to do so transparently so that investors know how long it's timelocked for. So the holding account is created, then timelocked so that it is unlocked only after the crowdfund period has ended and the smart contract has stopped running. If the crowdfund failed, all nxt/coins would have been returned, so there's nothing a dishonest funding seeker could take.

BCNext, found you! Grin
Activity: 193
Issue asset, put bid/ask order, cancel bid/ask order, match bid order, seems all ok.

10k sent. Buy Zahl!

Yeah, now I have 1 Zahl!
legendary
Activity: 238
waiting for this time
nxt is leader of coins
Pages:
Jump to: