Pages:
Author

Topic: [NXT] Decentralized Asset Exchange Discussion Thread - page 19. (Read 31325 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
how to get a testNXT account???

there is a link to where you download the client in the op. once you get it set up tell me your address and ill send you some text nxt. i have 68k atm so thats plenty to go around

Perhaps you could repeat this link and some basic instructions in your first post in this thread.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
Asset: XCP, asset ID 14640293627613982390

Anon, I haven't confirmed I've received RandomBux yet. The Java client + test server is painfully slow.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
That guy, you know, with the face

In my mind I have another approach for trust, not using any rating system, using some "permanent account" to act like escrow.

1. Jon wants to sell "asset" for Sue for 100NXT
2. Jon push "sell", asset goes to "permanent account"
3. Sue push "buy", 100 NXT goes to "permanent account"
4. If both things arrived to "permanent account" then this account sends 100 NXT to Joe and "asset" to Sue.

"Permanent account" is only for naming, can't find better description for now Smiley Does it sound stupid? Smiley

Yes, but how would you implement this for real world items.  When Jon pushes "Sell" he can't send 10 ounces of bullion through the internet, for example.  This could be a decent way to send/recieve other cryptocurrecies, but who has the access to the escrow account in order to send the received BTC when Sue pushes "Buy", for example?  It could be done for some things like other cryptos, but how do you make it p2p and secure?  Real world commodity trade may be difficult with this approach.

OK, this questions are for devs Smiley That was only conception.

Just to be certain, I did not mean "yes" in my post "Does this sound stupid?"  >_<

Its a decent idea, but there is an issue in who controls the asset accounts.  Unless I'm missing something, the only way we can send from the "permanent account" is if the account is controlled by a trusted escrow.  It's doable, but makes it less decentralized.

What might be interesting is to implement escrow right into the asset exchange, so that anyone can have a rated escrow account as well.  For example:

1. Jon wants to sell "asset" for Sue for 100NXT but has little or no rating.
2. Jon push "sell", and sends the asset to a linked and highly rated escrow account
3. Sue pushes "buy", 100 NXT goes to the linked and highly rated escrows account
4. If both things arrived to account then this account sends the 100 NXT to Joe and asset to Sue.
5. Upon successful transaction, the escrow, Jon and Sue all +1 each other for a good trade, thus developing rep for Jon, Sue, and the escrow.

Just an idea, still hard to implement the real world commodity part of the escrow, and maybe that would complicate it too much, but just an idea.  Still, I think ratings of some sort could establish trust.  As far as commodities go though, I think a system to easily implement dividends may prove useful, but I wonder the legal implications of such a thing.  But a full peer-to-peer trading platform would be excellent.

Edit: pardon me, I've derailed the thread to suggestions ... back to asset exchange testing.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

In my mind I have another approach for trust, not using any rating system, using some "permanent account" to act like escrow.

4. If both things arrived to "permanent account" then this account sends 100 NXT to Joe and "asset" to Sue.

"Permanent account" is only for naming, can't find better description for now Smiley Does it sound stupid? Smiley

Yes, but how would you implement this for real world items.  When Jon pushes "Sell" he can't send 10 ounces of bullion through the internet, for example.  This could be a decent way to send/recieve other cryptocurrecies, but who has the access to the escrow account in order to send the received BTC when Sue pushes "Buy", for example?  It could be done for some things like other cryptos, but how do you make it p2p and secure?  Real world commodity trade may be difficult with this approach.

OK, this questions are for devs Smiley That was only conception.

Yes, but how would you implement this for real world items.  When Jon pushes "Sell" he can't send 10 ounces of bullion through the internet, for example.  This could be a decent way to send/recieve other cryptocurrecies, but who has the access to the escrow account in order to send the received BTC when Sue pushes "Buy", for example?  It could be done for some things like other cryptos, but how do you make it p2p and secure?  Real world commodity trade may be difficult with this approach.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
where do you see asset balances?

I extrapolated from the amount of my assets I could transfer.  The client needs an interface that shows how many of what asset you have, it currently lacks that.

Edit: also I figured out how much RandomBux I had after hunting down the assetID number.

k i was just making sure i wasnt missing something

I extrapolated from the amount of my assets I could transfer.  The client needs an interface that shows how many of what asset you have, it currently lacks that.

Edit: also I figured out how much RandomBux I had after hunting down the assetID number.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005
legendary
legendary
I can confirm that I have RandomBUX and that I sold 51 0sand1s and the appropriate amount of next has moved accordingly.

awesome! this is exciting!
I can confirm that I have RandomBUX and that I sold 51 0sand1s and the appropriate amount of next has moved accordingly.
legendary
derp, put one in ... the client is very very laggy for me ... taking quite a bit of patience to get things in place ...

Its not just you. Its very laggy for me also.
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018
need to get up early tomorrow - good night!

the way I tested the ASSET BUY/SELL was using two accounts, so I knew the order details, ie the hit price that was required.

btw: will  build in some 'DISPLAY ORDER DETAILS' over the weekend!

nxtFreeRider has a button built in that will be used (when it is connected, that is) for doing a   'matchOrder', ie when you pull an order from the AE, you can create a matching counterorder onto your order slate, and then hit the order right away with one click.
legendary
For test purposes, besides API, the 0.0.5 clieNxt client can be used:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5054385

Also nxtFreeRider, tool in python I haven't tried yet - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5080052 . Unsure if it can hook to the testnet.

yes, that is actually hardcoded into it at the moment ...
derp, put one in ... the client is very very laggy for me ... taking quite a bit of patience to get things in place ...
legendary

Also can anyone tell me an asset they have for sale. Ill buy some and you can confirm receiving my nxt.

Put up an asset: 0sand1s  assetID: 10956216527757194145

my client isnt showing any open orders

here is a bunch of open orders:

{'askOrderIds': ['439393689019899495']}
{'bidOrderIds': ['16448433101430960261', '14191221311280600257']}
legendary

Also can anyone tell me an asset they have for sale. Ill buy some and you can confirm receiving my nxt.

my client isnt showing any open orders

legendary

waah ! jst been away for two hours and here is a runaway thread discussing the AE - will try to keep up.

Tomorrow and day after is BitcoinBerlin - can't miss that.

nxtFreeRider needs a LOT mor work, but the backend is really good. Been working full overdrive for over 4 weeks on it now, is getting MUCH easier now!

yup, it has a bot module that can easily be hooked up with scipy.

Plus, it can be used to load test NRS backends  Grin

cheers,
l8orre
V4V
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
And for those who think openly showing these ratings is an issue, there can be a protocol implemented which keeps these
ratings hidden within the code, but users can determine what level rating they are willing to conduct business with. If it doesn't conform to the users standards, then the protocol can block the transaction and offer a warning whether they will trust the second party or not. This can give its user some discretion.
Pages:
Jump to: