Pages:
Author

Topic: [NXT] Decentralized Asset Exchange Discussion Thread - page 4. (Read 31325 times)

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506
Trphy.io
Same here!! NXT Asset Exchange for the win!
legendary
Activity: 1334
Merit: 1004
TTM
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
AE works great Smiley
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
AE is alive!!!

Reports says scammers are already targeting dotsforbits and vircurex, AE is under siege  Cheesy Cheesy As expected  Cheesy

Education is the only defence, spread the word to keep people safe:

Rule 1) Don't buy anything on AE without checking with the source of the Asset issuer.
Rule 2) DON'T buy anything on AE without checking with the source of the Asset issuer.
Rule 3) Get the asset ticker and Nxt Account number of the asset issue from the source and use these to find legitimate Assets.
Rule 4) If it is too good to be true, it probably is  Grin
Rule 5) If in doubt, post on nxtforum.org for more information.

Chances are people are going to get caught out. It can't be prevented, only minimised
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
can I have some NXT here 18242316890267726200 ?

1M NXT on your way!!!  Wink

On the other hand:

GO AE GO!!  Cheesy

It is live!!!!!
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
can I have some NXT here 18242316890267726200 ?
Anyone looking at this thread might want to look at the Nxt Official Thread, here on BTT. It tells you what features will be live next (in addition to Asset Exchange) and when they are being launched. It is the front page of Nxt and is self moderated to be a nice clean place for anyone to find out more about Nxt and ask questions, trolls will have to use this thread or any of the other dozen or so unmoderated Nxt threads  Cheesy Cheesy  Cheesy Cheesy

The next feature to be added to the list is Digital Goods Store. It is a decentralised exchange of anything digital, built on Asset Exchange and the Nxt Blockchain.

You can find the Nxt Official thread here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nxt-blockchain-platform-proof-of-stake-official-587007
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I heard of Nxt just a few weeks ago, so I missed the very cheap ones. I´m very excited about the news and that could give thme a big kick I think.

With all due respect, I think they are still pretty cheap... 1,9 US cents per coin is very low, and will eventually rise once Asset Exchange picks up speed imo.

I hope so.
Sorry, I confused you there. James isn't involved with what I quoted, he won't know about it but may be able to answer none the less. The OP for that can be found here: https://bitcointa.lk/threads/ethereum-maidsafe-nxt-anything-else-worth-investing-in-in-2014.303978/page-2

It is one billion per asset, a person can issue as many assets as they like. Once the number is issued, it can't be chaneged for that asset. You can also read the Asset Exchange subforum here for a lot of background: https://nxtforum.org/asset-exchange/

Finally, you can also try the asset exchange yourself to work out the mechanics of it here on the testnet: http://nxtra.org/nxt-client/.
PM me your account number and I'll arrange for testNXT to be sent to your account.

Ok. Will definitely give this a shot when I have time. Yea that's probably easier than asking so many questions.

It will answer a lot of your questions on asset exchange (asset issuance for a stock, for example) but not so much on the multisig (asset trading) as it is not part of the testNet. But understanding what is and isn't possible in how an asset is issued is a foundation for understanding the multisig side, as multisig creates assets of whatever you tranfer in.
If anyone wants testNxt to have a go on the testNet before the official release, you can PM me but there are also quicker options, listed below with the fastest first:

1) Post you account number in the textNXT request thread here: https://nxtforum.org/testnet/some-testnxt-to-test-asset-exchange/new/#new

2) Post your account number here and ask someone to cross post it onto the thread above.

3) PM me you account number and I will request it when I check in (once or twice a day)

Very important point! DO NOT reuse passwords from Nxt on the testNet and in any Nxt clones for that matter.  You make yourself vulnerable to a Clone Attack. Anything that uses the same transaction format as Nxt (including testNet and all lazy clones) can make your Nxt vulnerable to theft. You protect yourself by using a different passphrase for every Nxt, testNet and Nxt Clone account you use.

For more details on how this very simple attack works, see the entry "Clone Attack" in the Nxt Glossary >>>> http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Glossary
legendary
Activity: 1225
I heard of Nxt just a few weeks ago, so I missed the very cheap ones. I´m very excited about the news and that could give thme a big kick I think.

With all due respect, I think they are still pretty cheap... 1,9 US cents per coin is very low, and will eventually rise once Asset Exchange picks up speed imo.
Activity: 21
legendary
Activity: 952
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

i just try to remind people that the lack of "fairness" in the distribution is what payed for nxt development. a more "fair" coin would never have come into existence because it would have never raised the funds necessary to finance its development. all of these other people who just copy that hard work of the nxt developers and claim that their coin is more "fair" isn't fair at all because all of those people who payed for the tech to be developed that they are using are being ripped off (in an abstract way). im sorry but i just wont get into a nxt clone that doesnt actually innovate and only claims to be more "fair" because ripping off all the people who payed for that software to be developed isnt fair at all.

Very valid point you state here. Never thought about "the distribution issue" from this point of view. 
Activity: 700
Sorry, I confused you there. James isn't involved with what I quoted, he won't know about it but may be able to answer none the less. The OP for that can be found here: https://bitcointa.lk/threads/ethereum-maidsafe-nxt-anything-else-worth-investing-in-in-2014.303978/page-2

It is one billion per asset, a person can issue as many assets as they like. Once the number is issued, it can't be chaneged for that asset. You can also read the Asset Exchange subforum here for a lot of background: https://nxtforum.org/asset-exchange/

Finally, you can also try the asset exchange yourself to work out the mechanics of it here on the testnet: http://nxtra.org/nxt-client/.
PM me your account number and I'll arrange for testNXT to be sent to your account.

Ok. Will definitely give this a shot when I have time. Yea that's probably easier than asking so many questions.
Activity: 404
Merit: 253
NXT has a lot of innovative stuff coming out....yet the price just drops like a stone....right or wrong the inital IPO is killing NXT

Lol! You people crack me up.  Have you guys noticed that there are a few more coins besides Nxt that are going down in price.... Peercoin, Ripple, Dogecoin, Mastercoin... Litecoin.... Bitcoin.  Seriously people.  The initial IPO doesn't MATTER and has nothing to do with the price drop!  It could have started with 3 stakeholders or 5000 stakeholders and the end results would be the same.  If people want Nxt to be mass adopted (that is used by millions if not hundreds of millions of people), than could someone please explain the difference between an IPO of 5 people vs 73 people vs 10,000 people?  It's purely psychological/emotional.  All I read about involving Nxt (and others) on these forums is "fair distribution" this, "unfair distribution" that.... You people are killing me.  'Unfair' is just a made up word that people can apply to any situation that they feel at a disadvantage.  Uhh... Not to mention, I believe Nxt has already achieved a better distribution than bitcoin.

And jubalix, although I disagree with you on why the price is going down, I'm not saying you believe all this (don't know if you do or not).  I just can't stand all the people that complain about the initial distribution without looking at the facts or thinking anything through.

They are right, not to recognise that NXT has been severely damaged by people perceptions of 'fairness' of the distribution is not to recognise the bigger picture. yeah most coins are down, but early on NXT was swimming against the flow no problem.

NXT should be 5-10 times the price it is now if based simply on the innovation of the system. If NXT had a perceived better distribution then people wouldt of run to NEM and other clones. I can't see a price rise coming until NEM and other major clones are out and people can reappraise the situation and value.

I agree with the second part and I think that the free market has a way of working these things out over time. If it 'should' be 5-10X what it is, then it will be eventually.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
NXT has a lot of innovative stuff coming out....yet the price just drops like a stone....right or wrong the inital IPO is killing NXT

Lol! You people crack me up.  Have you guys noticed that there are a few more coins besides Nxt that are going down in price.... Peercoin, Ripple, Dogecoin, Mastercoin... Litecoin.... Bitcoin.  Seriously people.  The initial IPO doesn't MATTER and has nothing to do with the price drop!  It could have started with 3 stakeholders or 5000 stakeholders and the end results would be the same.  If people want Nxt to be mass adopted (that is used by millions if not hundreds of millions of people), than could someone please explain the difference between an IPO of 5 people vs 73 people vs 10,000 people?  It's purely psychological/emotional.  All I read about involving Nxt (and others) on these forums is "fair distribution" this, "unfair distribution" that.... You people are killing me.  'Unfair' is just a made up word that people can apply to any situation that they feel at a disadvantage.  Uhh... Not to mention, I believe Nxt has already achieved a better distribution than bitcoin.

And jubalix, although I disagree with you on why the price is going down, I'm not saying you believe all this (don't know if you do or not).  I just can't stand all the people that complain about the initial distribution without looking at the facts or thinking anything through.

They are right, not to recognise that NXT has been severely damaged by people perceptions of 'fairness' of the distribution is not to recognise the bigger picture. yeah most coins are down, but early on NXT was swimming against the flow no problem.

NXT should be 5-10 times the price it is now if based simply on the innovation of the system. If NXT had a perceived better distribution then neoplasm wouldt of run to NEM and other clones. I can't see a price rise coming until NEM and other major clones are out and people can reappraise the situation and value.

i just try to remind people that the lack of "fairness" in the distribution is what payed for nxt development. a more "fair" coin would never have come into existence because it would have never raised the funds necessary to finance its development. all of these other people who just copy that hard work of the nxt developers and claim that their coin is more "fair" isn't fair at all because all of those people who payed for the tech to be developed that they are using are being ripped off (in an abstract way). im sorry but i just wont get into a nxt clone that doesnt actually innovate and only claims to be more "fair" because ripping off all the people who payed for that software to be developed isnt fair at all.
legendary
Activity: 1106

Lol! You people crack me up.  Have you guys noticed that there are a few more coins besides Nxt that are going down in price.... Peercoin, Ripple, Dogecoin, Mastercoin... Litecoin.... Bitcoin.  Seriously people.  The initial IPO doesn't MATTER and has nothing to do with the price drop!  It could have started with 3 stakeholders or 5000 stakeholders and the end results would be the same.  If people want Nxt to be mass adopted (that is used by millions if not hundreds of millions of people), than could someone please explain the difference between an IPO of 5 people vs 73 people vs 10,000 people?  It's purely psychological/emotional.  All I read about involving Nxt (and others) on these forums is "fair distribution" this, "unfair distribution" that.... You people are killing me.  'Unfair' is just a made up word that people can apply to any situation that they feel at a disadvantage.  Uhh... Not to mention, I believe Nxt has already achieved a better distribution than bitcoin.

And jubalix, although I disagree with you on why the price is going down, I'm not saying you believe all this (don't know if you do or not).  I just can't stand all the people that complain about the initial distribution without looking at the facts or thinking anything through.

NXT should be 5-10 times the price it is now if based simply on the innovation of the system. If NXT had a perceived better distribution then people wouldt of run to NEM and other clones. I can't see a price rise coming until NEM and other major clones are out and people can reappraise the situation and value.
Activity: 25

Lol! You people crack me up.  Have you guys noticed that there are a few more coins besides Nxt that are going down in price.... Peercoin, Ripple, Dogecoin, Mastercoin... Litecoin.... Bitcoin.  Seriously people.  The initial IPO doesn't MATTER and has nothing to do with the price drop!  It could have started with 3 stakeholders or 5000 stakeholders and the end results would be the same.  If people want Nxt to be mass adopted (that is used by millions if not hundreds of millions of people), than could someone please explain the difference between an IPO of 5 people vs 73 people vs 10,000 people?  It's purely psychological/emotional.  All I read about involving Nxt (and others) on these forums is "fair distribution" this, "unfair distribution" that.... You people are killing me.  'Unfair' is just a made up word that people can apply to any situation that they feel at a disadvantage.  Uhh... Not to mention, I believe Nxt has already achieved a better distribution than bitcoin.

And jubalix, although I disagree with you on why the price is going down, I'm not saying you believe all this (don't know if you do or not).  I just can't stand all the people that complain about the initial distribution without looking at the facts or thinking anything through.
Activity: 404
Merit: 253

I agree, it's very interesting. I think there are a couple ways to look at it though. One is that the price is sinking like a stone, the other is that there were a few major hype cycles that took it well above where it should have been. It's still trending up a lot from its initial launch.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
Pages:
Jump to: