Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 103. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
DGW is very nice

but myriad of algorithms give people with different specialized machines ways to earn

although each algo in the myriad can use DGW Smiley

I'm sure the ANC devs have thought it through way more than I did.

devs as in Meeh, the one and only person working on this problem

all of our discussions is solving the problem, collectively.
Activity: 532
DGW is very nice

but myriad of algorithms give people with different specialized machines ways to earn

I'm sure the ANC devs have thought it through way more than I did.
Activity: 546
DGW is very nice

DGW V3 from Darkcoin is really fucking good as far as difficulty adjustments go. You guys should use , unless you absolutely feel like you have to make your own code. The network is getting hammered by 1 pool though, they are dumping as much as they can as soon as the price rises.

+1

I vote for DGW, I've heard good things

I mean at a certain point it hardly gets better between these adjustment algorithms. DGW adjusts very fast and is precise, it's a great choice and shout out to the collaboration between open source communities.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
DGW V3 from Darkcoin is really fucking good as far as difficulty adjustments go. You guys should use , unless you absolutely feel like you have to make your own code. The network is getting hammered by 1 pool though, they are dumping as much as they can as soon as the price rises.

+1

You vote for DGW. You are so funny LMAO

I'm glad my comments have brightened your day with laughter.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0

+1

You vote for DGW. You are so funny LMAO

+1

Bearwhale @ 300.  This feels familiar.

Bearwhale. Revise your english.
18 BTC sell @ 300 is a dwarf wall.

Hahah it doesn't fucking matter anymore, someone just bought up that 18 BTC and put up an 18 BTC buy wall instead!

https://i.imgur.com/J0QAyBn.png

Oh I love altcoin markets when innovation is in the air.

Same guy. He just removed his fake sell wall Grin

EDIT: No more walls LMAO.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cm/popularmechanics/images/ih/OnaRollerCoaster_300_0410-de.jpg
I think replacing KGW with a better difficulty algorithm would go a long way toward fixing this, as would increasing the hashrate from non-multipools (which is a social problem, not a technological one). Meeh is currently working on the KGW replacement, so it will not be long before there's a fix and hard fork.

Since I'm the only developer that can work on Zerocoin right now (meaning without any learning time), it makes more sense for me to stay working on this so that there's no chance of schedule slippage.

+1, keep plugging away at ZC, meeh can handle the difficulty algo.  I'm going to go on the record supporting a diff. algo fix ASAP, preferably before the Nov. 1st ZC hardfork.  People tend get their panties in a bunch about hardforks but it really isn't that big a deal.  I say let's do it now.
Bearwhale @ 300.  This feels familiar.

Hahah it doesn't fucking matter anymore, someone just bought up that 18 BTC and put up an 18 BTC buy wall instead!

Oh I love altcoin markets when innovation is in the air.

At least no one is getting any coins into exchanges to dump!!

The bright side of very high diff raping situation, lol...

Well I was wrong about that I guess, those dumps are insane.
So what is the estimate ... how many minutes, hours, or days will it take ... until this block is mined now at diff 4483.891 ?

Hah, sorry ... I can actually answer my question myself:
http://abe.darkgamex.ch:2751/chain/Anoncoin?count=500&hi=252656

It's has been happening in very regular intervalls, and then each time there was no block for  2-11 hours.

EDIT:
... 120 blocks = 600 ANC ... = more than 2 BTC if he can dump them at the current price. 2 BTC in less than 10 minutes.
Wow, some pool/miner can be getting really rich right now, with that trick. Crypto is a weird world.

Same guys are raping ANC since weeks. They are creating thousands ANC in some hours but devs don't care. Welcome to Anoncoin!

Wow does not look good at all....

its fine, there will be a hard fork with both a better difficulty algorithm, and multiple hashing algorithms (like myriad) I believe

Unfortunately I think this is a while away....not something you can just flick a switch on....development needs to occur and I think the dev team is focusing on zerocoin stuff rather than the foundational aspects of the coin Sad

I think replacing KGW with a better difficulty algorithm would go a long way toward fixing this, as would increasing the hashrate from non-multipools (which is a social problem, not a technological one). Meeh is currently working on the KGW replacement, so it will not be long before there's a fix and hard fork.

Since I'm the only developer that can work on Zerocoin right now (meaning without any learning time), it makes more sense for me to stay working on this so that there's no chance of schedule slippage.

Activity: 101
Merit: 10
So what is the estimate ... how many minutes, hours, or days will it take ... until this block is mined now at diff 4483.891 ?

It's has been happening in very regular intervalls, and then each time there was no block for  2-11 hours.

EDIT:
... 120 blocks = 600 ANC ... = more than 2 BTC if he can dump them at the current price. 2 BTC in less than 10 minutes.
Wow, some pool/miner can be getting really rich right now, with that trick. Crypto is a weird world.

Same guys are raping ANC since weeks. They are creating thousands ANC in some hours but devs don't care. Welcome to Anoncoin!

its fine, there will be a hard fork with both a better difficulty algorithm, and multiple hashing algorithms (like myriad) I believe

Unfortunately I think this is a while away....not something you can just flick a switch on....development needs to occur and I think the dev team is focusing on zerocoin stuff rather than the foundational aspects of the coin Sad

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
At least no one is getting any coins into exchanges to dump!!

The bright side of very high diff raping situation, lol...
If they want to dump it hard let them. With only 5 days left until zerocoin I'm sure there are many who would be happy to pick up some cheap coins.

That's 5 days left until Zerocoin on testnet. Some 22-23 days until it's on mainnet.

Getting very close!  Cool
Yes as even using a myriad the network difficulty is set from the chain with the highest difficulty.  So to pick chains with the biggest and steadiest hashrate to auxPoW with is the best solution.

Just to clarify, each myriad chain has its own difficulty that floats independent of the other chains. ie there would be no one "network difficulty" but 5 different difficulties that are each floating independent of each other. Also I don't think saying that there are 5 chains is accurate per se - there is still only 1 blockchain just five different ways of adding a block to the chain.

Correct, you beat me to it. Smiley

EDIT:

It requires a hard fork to make this change, they decided to roll it into the ZC release on Nov 1st so that we only had to undergo one hardfork, not two. This volatile difficulty problem is more of an annoyance than anything, it sucks that we get stuck on blocks for hours at a time, but the difficulty is not so high that our miners cant crack the block eventually.  We just need to live with this problem until nov. 1st.

One guy control 99% the network hashrate. If he doesn't hardfork, he will continue to mine as he want (with bogus KGW)!
Yay we cracked the 4k difficulty block, now we are only stuck on a meager 2k block!  Grin

http://ancblockchain.com/chain/Anoncoin
Jump to: