Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 128. (Read 530609 times)

Activity: 175
Merit: 100
[trolling removed]

Gnosis is not needed to answer this one, as it's a very weak claim. There will only be a handful of denominations (maybe one for each order of magnitude?), and one can only guess a given spend came from someone who has ever contributed to the pool of that denomination. As the number of people who contributed to a denomination only increases with time, the likehood the blockchain can be analyzed based on that information only decreases, rapidly becoming negligible.

There will be 24 possible denominations for 10^e and 5*10^e; I expect only the very highest several denominations will be used in the beginning. The Zerocoin GUI will show the number of coins accumulated for each denomination and the mint/spend volume over the last 100 blocks or so, allowing users to decide for themselves how anonymous their ZC mint/spend activity will be.

Relevant code: https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/blob/zc/src/zerocoin/Coin.h#L26

Anoncoin denominations are (in satoshis) either 10^e or 5*10^e where e is in [0, 11]

Gnosis, would you consider dropping the "Zerocoin" terminology, in the UI only, as it's not easily understood by newcomers? For a new user, it looks like there are two separate coins, Anoncoin and Zerocoin, which adds to the confusion. How about just calling them "vouchers" in the client? It's an existing, neutral word with a self-explanatory meaning.

In the future, I'd really like to see an anonymization wizard that entirely drops the need for a new user to understand or deal with Zerocoin, while leaving the possibility for advanced users to do so.

Activity: 101
Merit: 10
[trolling removed]

Gnosis is not needed to answer this one, as it's a very weak claim. There will only be a handful of denominations (maybe one for each order of magnitude?), and one can only guess a given spend came from someone who has ever contributed to the pool of that denomination. As the number of people who contributed to a denomination only increases with time, the likehood the blockchain can be analyzed based on that information only decreases, rapidly becoming negligible.

There will be 24 possible denominations for 10^e and 5*10^e; I expect only the very highest several denominations will be used in the beginning. The Zerocoin GUI will show the number of coins accumulated for each denomination and the mint/spend volume over the last 100 blocks or so, allowing users to decide for themselves how anonymous their ZC mint/spend activity will be.

Relevant code: https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/blob/zc/src/zerocoin/Coin.h#L26

Anoncoin denominations are (in satoshis) either 10^e or 5*10^e where e is in [0, 11]
Activity: 420
Merit: 251
Moon?
Welcome to the software industry. Deal with a few delays. The rest of the world does.

In the case of Zerocoin, though, everything is on track for testnet release on October 15, and mainnet release on November 1.  Cool

How are donations coming?
Welcome to the software industry. Deal with a few delays. The rest of the world does.

In the case of Zerocoin, though, everything is on track for testnet release on October 15, and mainnet release on November 1.  Cool
I mean PoD is a good idea. But who is to say that the issuer of these "PoD-Stars" is even legit.

In addition he gave 5 "stars" and a "plus" to somebody this CryptoAsian didn't even see face to face.

Since almost every Altcoin is a thought out scam, I'd be careful what to think of such things. The proof I need is already here, anoncoin existing over 1 year and devs are still working on the code. Find another Altcoin which has the same history, you will find almost none.
Good idea? Someone rating someone else even without understanding everything? This leads to problems.
The usual folk need susch "services" to feel safe, so they dont have to bother. But overall its just a way to make money (if it aint free) or pure marketing/fame shit.

I agree that Proof of Dev are not perfect although it is much better than nothing. Procedures vary based on the company, but (depending on the rating desired) require such things as communication from a Linkeden profile, upload of a DL and Passport, Video Chat, etc.

Crypto Asian is free. They make money selling t shirts, from donations, etc
http://cryptoasian.com/faq/

Coinsource uses different criteria but does charge .1BTC:
http://www.coinssource.com/trust-index-verification/

My main objection to these services is that they require revealing my identity to some random person, and I would need very high assurance that they would not reveal it to anybody else; I don't see a way that it's possible to satisfy this restriction.

My work will have to speak for itself.
Activity: 414
Merit: 251
I mean PoD is a good idea. But who is to say that the issuer of these "PoD-Stars" is even legit.

In addition he gave 5 "stars" and a "plus" to somebody this CryptoAsian didn't even see face to face.

Since almost every Altcoin is a thought out scam, I'd be careful what to think of such things. The proof I need is already here, anoncoin existing over 1 year and devs are still working on the code. Find another Altcoin which has the same history, you will find almost none.
Good idea? Someone rating someone else even without understanding everything? This leads to problems.
The usual folk need susch "services" to feel safe, so they dont have to bother. But overall its just a way to make money (if it aint free) or pure marketing/fame shit.

I agree that Proof of Dev are not perfect although it is much better than nothing. Procedures vary based on the company, but (depending on the rating desired) require such things as communication from a Linkeden profile, upload of a DL and Passport, Video Chat, etc.

Crypto Asian is free. They make money selling t shirts, from donations, etc
http://cryptoasian.com/faq/

Coinsource uses different criteria but does charge .1BTC:
http://www.coinssource.com/trust-index-verification/
Activity: 73
There's a new king in the streets
[trolling removed]

Ah, another one for the ignore list. Just a friendly reminder: if they are a new user and all of their previous posts were used to create fear, uncertainty, and doubt, then they're a troll; it's a waste of time to reply to them (this one, rsa_ufo_attack, btcseller*, etc.). It uses up energy that could be used for doing truly awesome things.  Cheesy
Activity: 126
Lean into the curves.

The problem with metaphors is they don't address any specific issues, rather they just amplify fears that understandably exist for all new systems. I suggest metaphor is a poor tool for your argument.

People should do what they want but some additional advice you might offer is to be cautious of people (such as yourself) who are obviously not newbies writing criticisms on one coin page under newbie accounts.

Fair?

The problem you cite with metaphors is your own issue. If you don't understand it you have the choice of jumping on the bandwagon and criticizing or asking for clarification. You choose the bandwagon. Fine.

Zerocoin's development process with regard to anc is deeply flawed and there is very little likelihood any resdulting algo will actually be implemented for any significant length of time.

It starts with a project that was abandoned by some fairly competent people then adds a patch that is ridiculous.

There are scam warning signs all around this project starting with the absurdity of rsa ufo's.

It's almost funny how stupid people can be. Zerocoin is a scam. It may have started with good intentions but anyone who has looked through it knows what is going on. Make some money on the pump if you like. No doubt someone has been making money placing trades based on news about zerocoin.

Interesting how you can create a new account, challenge the qualifications of a proven dev and even come right out and claim ANC is a scam without ever once saying anything about who you are or what your qualifications are.  And we should take you seriously, troll?

Another interesting thing is how my auto-mechanic's tool set, which I use to work on my Mazda, has several tools perfectly suited for solving problems on my Yamaha- even though it nowhere says any of the tools were designed for working on a motorcycle.

Do you know anything at all about mathematics or computer coding?  You seem completely ignorant.  You seem to be a frightened little man trying desperately to protect the coin you have chosen and which you are now afraid will be eclipsed by the real thing.

So reveal to us, if ANC is a scam. which coin is better?
Activity: 73
There's a new king in the streets
You do the same investing your money based on what I guy who no one knows is supposed to do.
Gnosis have no skills to implement zerocoin and if he "succeeds", the worst could happen with all our minted coins.

Months ago, Gnosis said clearly he have no skills when he was trying to find help on reddit to implement zerocoin.
Keep in mind I'm not a serious cryptographer, just an implementer of crypto Smiley
Source: https://pay.reddit.com/r/ZeroCoin/comments/1uy35p/matthew_green_to_speak_about_new_zerocoin_version/

ok - so what's your point ? why do you - and your friend - keep blowing off on this thread ?

What is your bright alternative ?

Will your favourite coin - of which you are bagholding - tank further when zANC happens ?

Time will tell if you're right but meanwhile go back to your own coin's thread as who you really are and cry to them about it !!!

Nobody here is taking any notice of your uninformed judgements.
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
You do the same investing your money based on what I guy who no one knows is supposed to do.
Gnosis have no skills to implement zerocoin and if he "succeeds", the worst could happen with all our minted coins.

Months ago, Gnosis said clearly he have no skills when he was trying to find help on reddit to implement zerocoin.
Keep in mind I'm not a serious cryptographer, just an implementer of crypto Smiley
Source: https://pay.reddit.com/r/ZeroCoin/comments/1uy35p/matthew_green_to_speak_about_new_zerocoin_version/

So what exactly does that mean? I mean... you must know exactly what Gnosis is capable of.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null

Activity: 298

Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
Therefore I recommend a Proof of Developer Analysis:
http://cryptoasian.com/

Gnosis, is that possible?

Nice to see you online Gnosis. Is the "Proof of Developer Analysis" possible to do with you or not?

Isn't PoD analysis just to screen scam coins before they launch? A 1 year+ history of ANC beats any so-called analysis... 
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
May I suggest that we stop mining ANC, and let it how it is on 1.2M

I think drk do that from 84M to 22M

Wink

This was a joke, but I like this mistake 4.2vs3.1, colecting RR coins!

Wink
WDL
Activity: 54
Merit: 0

The problem with metaphors is they don't address any specific issues, rather they just amplify fears that understandably exist for all new systems. I suggest metaphor is a poor tool for your argument.

People should do what they want but some additional advice you might offer is to be cautious of people (such as yourself) who are obviously not newbies writing criticisms on one coin page under newbie accounts.

Fair?

The problem you cite with metaphors is your own issue. If you don't understand it you have the choice of jumping on the bandwagon and criticizing or asking for clarification. You choose the bandwagon. Fine.

Zerocoin's development process with regard to anc is deeply flawed and there is very little likelihood any resdulting algo will actually be implemented for any significant length of time.

It starts with a project that was abandoned by some fairly competent people then adds a patch that is ridiculous.

There are scam warning signs all around this project starting with the absurdity of rsa ufo's.

It's almost funny how stupid people can be. Zerocoin is a scam. It may have started with good intentions but anyone who has looked through it knows what is going on. Make some money on the pump if you like. No doubt someone has been making money placing trades based on news about zerocoin.

YES,Bitcoin is a scam,too.and Gavin Andresen who said zerocoin can  join bitcoin protocol smoothly is a liar obviously. Cheesy
Activity: 336
I guess this means the next halving is actually much sooner than I had thought.

This is great news for investors, only 63,300 blocks until the halving!

That puts it at approximately: Jan 27th 2015

Wrong, that doesn't change the next halving estimation. Only the total ANC emission.
I'm not sure if this is a great news or a bad news. We need whales to absorb 316,500 ANC in four months. In all cases, you done a good job to find and solve this rookie mistake. Congrats Wink
Meeh must to reward you Grin

The price increase when gnosis finishes ZC is all the reward I need. Smiley Smiley
I was graphing the coin supply vs. time today (for fun  Grin) and noticed something odd.

I used this description in the wiki to make the graph:

Coin details
Anoncoin was originally a fork of the Litecoin source code. The creation of new coins is by the reward to miners for processing transactions into blocks that are added to the block chain, where mining is performed by proof of work using the scrypt hashing function. A total of 4.2 million coins can be mined into existence, which is 5 times less than the maximum supply of Bitcoin, and transactions are processed, on average, every 3 minutes. The current block reward is 5 ANC, and this will be halved to 2.5 on approximately January 22, 2015. The block reward distribution schedule is the following: 4.2 ANC for blocks until 42,000; 7 ANC until block 77,777; 5 ANC until block 384,377; and then halving of block rewards every 306,600 blocks (which is approximately every two years).

block   coins   block reward
1           4           4.2
42,000   176,400   4.2
77,777   426,839   7
384,377   1,959,839   5
690,977   2,726,339   2.5
997,577   3,109,589   1.25
1,304,177   3,301,214   0.625
1,610,777   3,397,027   0.3125
1,917,377   3,444,933   0.15625
2,223,977   3,468,886   0.078125
2,530,577   3,480,862   0.0390625
2,837,177   3,486,851   0.01953125
3,143,777   3,489,845   0.009765625
3,450,377   3,491,342   0.004882813
3,756,977   3,492,090   0.002441406

As you can see the max supply converges on 3.492 million not 4.2 million.  Where did I go wrong here?

Edit: image deleted

The red dot is where we are currently.

Can we get one of the devs to weigh in on this?  I'm pretty sure the math is right, so either the wiki is wrong when it describes the emission curve OR the actual max # of coins is 700k lower than what is quoted everywhere.

Actually the correct total number of ANC is neither 3.492 million nor 4.2 million; it is about 3.1 million (to be exact, it will be 3103954.760142 ANC after about 50 years). The reason it differs from what you calculated is because the block reward halves whenever the block height is a multiple of 306600.

I know 4.2 million was quoted in various places, but that was a mistake made early on and happened to not be caught until recently. All Anoncoin clients are setup to max out at 3.1 million ANC.

Thanks!  Mystery solved.  I'll update my calculations and post a new chart.  I guess this means the next halving is actually much sooner than I had thought.
Edit: New emission chart below (we are currently at the red spot)

This is great news for investors, only 63,300 blocks until the halving!

That puts it at approximately: Jan 27th 2015
My posts on /r/anoncoin are getting stuck in the spam filter - Meeh or Gnosis could you check the modmail?  I'll help mod the subreddit if you guys are interested.

Also there was some good press today - http://www.deepdotweb.com/2014/09/18/can-anoncoin-be-the-currency-of-the-deep-web/

Your posts are all approved; I reduced the spam filter sensitivity, so this should not happen much in the future. I also added /r/DarknetMarkets to the sidebar.

Do you know much about CSS styles for Reddit, and how to add our new logo where the reddit alien is at the top-left?

Sure I can work on the style, I'm not an expert but I have done it a couple times and it turned out ok.  Thanks for unspamming my stuff.
Activity: 175
VERSUS...

One more fail to try discredit me. He respond about transaction size and speed but what about:
Zerocoin doesn't hide coin destination and amount.
Then if the number of people who contributed to the zerocoin pool for denomination is small, it will be very easy to analyze the blockchain and find where they come from.

Jump to: