Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 125. (Read 530609 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 251
Moon?
I'm just trying to understand what motivates you (and others) who spend so much effort posting and reposing to this and other threads.  If you have no faith in this coin why even bother following the developments and reading the the thread?  Why not move on to something you think will succeed?  I just don't get it. I can think of a dozen coins I think are complete shit, but you couldn't pay me to spend my time posting in their threads arguing with the various bagholders. What motivates you to spend your time in this thread?

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think it is the same group of shills that have been attacking Monero. My guess is that it is an organized effort from another Cryptonote coin, Darkcoin, or Bitcoindark to discredit other anonymous cryptocurrencies.

Yep, rsa_ufo_attack more or less made it plain where he's coming from.
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
If you guys, read my last posts and try to understand my allegations, you will see that I'm not here to troll but to help Anoncoin for the long run. I don't care about PumpnDump.
The greatest paradox is that you all want an anonymous currency because you don't trust the current banking system but at the same time you give your complete trust in Gnosis.

The RSA-UFO is a nonsense and I will explain you why in two different kind of views.
1) In simple words, the RSA problem is the possibility of reversing the encryption function. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA_problem
To make things more difficult, Gnosis removed the small factors with the RSA-UFO project to increase the probability to have two large prime numbers but all is based on probabilities and actual computational capabilities. It will be just a question of time to someone break these 13 RSA UFOs and generate infinite ANC. Source: https://wiki.anoncoin.net/RSA_UFO
I know Gnosis alleged that he will generate long RSA-UFOs to avoid this problem but the computational capabilities evolve very fast and we can't create a strong system based on probabilities and assumptions.

2) Ok, now I consider that you trust the RSA encryption and you believe it would take decades to break. But what if Gnosis genereate these 13 RSA-UFOs by himself to know the two prime factors P and Q?
There is no way to setup the accumulators without trusting someone (in our case Gnosis). Gnosis can tell us he will use the trustless RSA-UFO system to generate the 13 RSA-UFOs but we can't be sure that he will really use it. If he generate them by himself, he will be able to create infinite ANC from nothing. I don't think it's necessary to explain the consequences of such an event.

Even if you trust in the good faith of Gnosis, there is an high risk to let an inexperienced person do this work. If there is any mistake or if he don't destroy correctly and physically all datas about this generation, someone could use it against ANC in the future and totally discredit or destroy ANC.

In conclusion, the implementation of zerocoin is doomed to failure because of the problems I described.
For a strong future, ANC have much more to improve than implement Zerocoin like I said in my last post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/official-anoncoin-chat-thread-including-history-227287

Now, if the only things sheep care is the PumpnDump to make dollars, then good luck and be fast because when people will realize, the dump will be hard.

EDIT: @ WDL: Yes I'm concerned to the ANC project because I hold still a big quantity of ANC.

I'm sorry but what you are saying is just not entirely true

Don't be sorry, you're just blinded by your investment.

Not really. Okay let's address the issue.

1. It depends on how many bit RSA UFO were factored, as well as how many UFOs
2. The RSA UFOs are secure against the people who created it ... HOW secure ... that depends on the factored bits.

You did not ever say something about this ... you simply left it out in your comments. And I find that more trolling than anything else, because you did not address the issue in a way it should be.

EDIT: "probabilities and actual computational capabilities" Yes.. it is based on that, but so is any Key, because you can break any private key with the right amount of computational power.. the only quesiton is HOW MUCH is needed and if possibile.. is it cost effective
If you guys, read my last posts and try to understand my allegations, you will see that I'm not here to troll but to help Anoncoin for the long run. I don't care about PumpnDump.
The greatest paradox is that you all want an anonymous currency because you don't trust the current banking system but at the same time you give your complete trust in Gnosis.

The RSA-UFO is a nonsense and I will explain you why in two different kind of views.
1) In simple words, the RSA problem is the possibility of reversing the encryption function. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA_problem
To make things more difficult, Gnosis removed the small factors with the RSA-UFO project to increase the probability to have two large prime numbers but all is based on probabilities and actual computational capabilities. It will be just a question of time to someone break these 13 RSA UFOs and generate infinite ANC. Source: https://wiki.anoncoin.net/RSA_UFO
I know Gnosis alleged that he will generate long RSA-UFOs to avoid this problem but the computational capabilities evolve very fast and we can't create a strong system based on probabilities and assumptions.

2) Ok, now I consider that you trust the RSA encryption and you believe it would take decades to break. But what if Gnosis genereate these 13 RSA-UFOs by himself to know the two prime factors P and Q?
There is no way to setup the accumulators without trusting someone (in our case Gnosis). Gnosis can tell us he will use the trustless RSA-UFO system to generate the 13 RSA-UFOs but we can't be sure that he will really use it. If he generate them by himself, he will be able to create infinite ANC from nothing. I don't think it's necessary to explain the consequences of such an event.

Even if you trust in the good faith of Gnosis, there is an high risk to let an inexperienced person do this work. If there is any mistake or if he don't destroy correctly and physically all datas about this generation, someone could use it against ANC in the future and totally discredit or destroy ANC.

In conclusion, the implementation of zerocoin is doomed to failure because of the problems I described.
For a strong future, ANC have much more to improve than implement Zerocoin like I said in my last post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/official-anoncoin-chat-thread-including-history-227287

Now, if the only things sheep care is the PumpnDump to make dollars, then good luck and be fast because when people will realize, the dump will be hard.

EDIT: @ WDL: Yes I'm concerned to the ANC project because I hold still a big quantity of ANC.

RSA_UFO ... the zk_Snark parameters require trust from the users... that's why gnosis tries to implement the trustless parameter gen ... with rsa ufos ... which can be generated in a trustless manner. So it would be just as hard to generate the private key for the issuer.

You don't address the problem of RSA UFOs correctly... there are issues with it but you don't mention the real issues in detail.

I'm sorry but what you are saying is just not entirely true
BTC has given up 400 dollars position today.  This continuous slide of value in BTC only expedites the race of other alt coins to substitute it. And ANC should definitely be in the race !!!!!!

Well, It should be ... Let's see how it all goes. I'm still pretty uncertain whether Anoncoin will ever hit 10 Mio marketcap.
Despite all that...

People should mine Anoncoins ... we are on 9-GH/s now ... could be higher Smiley
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
BTC has given up 400 dollars position today.  This continuous slide of value in BTC only expedites the race of other alt coins to substitute it. And ANC should definitely be in the race !!!!!!
WDL
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Troll is part of the bitcointalk ecosystem.
Actually our dear trolls have a good knowledge of zerocoin and devote a lot of enthusiasm to ANC project Cheesy
I would not be surprised if they celebrate the success of the project Cheesy
Activity: 126
Lean into the curves.
I'm just trying to understand what motivates you (and others) who spend so much effort posting and reposing to this and other threads.  If you have no faith in this coin why even bother following the developments and reading the the thread?  Why not move on to something you think will succeed?  I just don't get it. I can think of a dozen coins I think are complete shit, but you couldn't pay me to spend my time posting in their threads arguing with the various bagholders. What motivates you to spend your time in this thread?

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think it is the same group of shills that have been attacking Monero. My guess is that it is an organized effort from another Cryptonote coin, Darkcoin, or Bitcoindark to discredit other anonymous cryptocurrencies.

+1

If these idiots actually knew anything they would put it out here instead of the vague 'this is shit,' and 'what are this guy's qualifications?' kind of bs.  Given many opportunities to demonstrate any kind of actual knowledge about the things they are trying so desperately to discredit, they have done nothing but post the same stupid repetitive crap.

'This is not suitable, or that won't work,' is all they say but they have absolutely nothing to back up the claims.  They have no idea at all regarding the things they are claiming. 

They are most likely cut and paste copycats who are afraid that someone else actually knows what they are doing, and that the scam coins they have forked will be absolutely worthless when ANC's devs current project is complete.  If they hold any ANC it's because they know they are fools who are very likely to fail, and they are holding as much of everything else that they can on the off chance that one will hit big and they will finally be able to move out of their moms' basements.

My guess is that they are everything they accuse others of being.

One thing I have noticed in life is that very little people tend to try to knock others down in order to feel bigger.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust

Lean into the curves.
What are the facts?

The facts are that all you can demonstrate is that there have been unexpected delays, which is common in software development,
particularly when new tech is being invented or fine tuned.  We all know about the delays.

As to your other claims, you have shown no evidence whatsoever.

But you did troll with a pic from a very traumatic accident which I personally remember very well.  That in itself speaks
volumes regarding your character... as if all the unsubstantiated negativity towards Gnosis and his work wasn't enough.

I will waste no more time with you... you are ignored.
Activity: 336

toxic fart dog? seriously?

I don't get it.  What does someone have to gain by trolling?  All of these threads on bitcointalk are filled with trolls, why? what is the point exactly?  The most that can happen is maybe they can succeed in depressing the price maybe 10% with some hardcore sustained trolling.  If you can't short the coin, what's the point in trying to depress the price?  Huh Huh

If someone disagrees with your position why is it trolling? Is that how to win an argument? Call the other a troll?

You can ask someone outside the issue to review it and decide whether everything looks tidy with zerocoin. There are 6 or so people who are faithful supporters of any decision. And probably many dozens who are doubtful but have either been selling or are holding and do not want to push the price down.

Here is a quick timeline.

February 2014. zerocoin will be released in May. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5104472

April 2014. zerocoin is a month or two from release. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6359224

April 2014. A donor throws $5k into the donation pot. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6366123

May 2014. The irony of this post. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6862028

and on and on.

Now more donations are needed for the project to be finished in, you guessed, one or two months.

zerocoin itself is not a practical solution to anonymity. And rsa ufo is not a patch for the flaws that exist.

And now? You disagree so again you will whine about how I am a troll. What are the facts?

Activity: 336
I don't get it.  What does someone have to gain by trolling?  All of these threads on bitcointalk are filled with trolls, why? what is the point exactly?  The most that can happen is maybe they can succeed in depressing the price maybe 10% with some hardcore sustained trolling.  If you can't short the coin, what's the point in trying to depress the price?  Huh Huh
Activity: 196
Merit: 104
Activity: 189
जगत् िमत
Anoncoin Mining

Guys do you know good cloud mining services on which I can get some mining power on the Anoncoin network?
Remember this is scrypt.

Mintsy will offer this soon

https://mintsy.co
dont fall for cloud mining services, they are all scam and ripoff. no wonder craptsy now offer such a service too... its getting pathetic.
Yesterday , we had cryptsy developer in this forum. Please communicate with him to solve the cryptsy issue.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Anoncoin Mining

Guys do you know good cloud mining services on which I can get some mining power on the Anoncoin network?
Remember this is scrypt.

dont fall for cloud mining services, they are all scam and ripoff. no wonder craptsy now offer such a service too... its getting pathetic.

What about ltcgear?
Lean into the curves.
trolling deleted

You have offered absolutely nothing to back up the denunciations you call 'observations.'

I have nothing to prove to you.  I will not feed you.  I merely refute you for the sake of
new and/or casual readers.

Everything I have read is easily obtainable- if you actually cared to get some facts on ANC.
Most relevant info has been placed within a few clicks by those who care to contribute, and
are able.

What you fail to realize, or choose to ignore, is that if you want to get any traction with
the people here, YOU are the one who must prove something.  So far you've done the
opposite.  In fact, your shrill desperation only serves to reinforce the views already held
by myself, and I would wager most others here as well.
Lean into the curves.

Sheep, looks beyond the tip of your nose, Darkcoin will be open-sourced by the end of the month.

And now we see what's up.

Not that we hadn't guessed from the start.
Anoncoin Mining

Remember this is scrypt.

K1173R always on the point! ... and you are right, it's very expensive. I tried it out and now run 20 MHs for 2 days. I wanna find some hardware for it.
And better answer my questions instead of running around in this forum damn it! It's like IRC is dead and I'm the only one alive.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Anoncoin Mining

Remember this is scrypt.

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002
Anoncoin Mining

Remember this is scrypt.

Lean into the curves.

All this talk about "vouchers" and other things seems way more confusing than using Zerocoin the way it was originally intended to be used.

I understand that people would like Zerocoin transactions to be as simple to use as possible. I would like to emphasize that:

It will be as simple as possible, and NO SIMPLER.

If you care about anonymity, unfortunately, you need to know what a zerocoin is, how to buy it and how to redeem it. You will need to check that there are sufficient number of zerocoins for the denominations you buy to assure anonymity. You will need to make sure that you don't buy and then redeem immediately the same number of coins, as this will look suspicious in the blockchain. The user is responsible for using zerocoin correctly, and you can not expect the Anoncoin client to just blindly do all this for you. I am sure that the developers can add warnings in the client when you do something stupid, but this will probably not work for every single case.

Such is the nature of Zerocoin.

If you want an idiot proof anonymous system, the only one I am aware of is Zerocash, but as we've discussed many times here before, there is a problem with setting up the security parameters using trusted third parties.

Nobody is suggesting changing the ANC/ZC protocol, just the terminology, for clarity. This would be an attempt to lesson confusion and boost marketing by using a term like 'ANC voucher' in place of 'zerocoin'.  Because a zerocoin isn't really a cryptocoin, it's just a place holder in the mixer used to create the anonymity.  Also, the word 'zero' has negative connotations.

We don't want to change the mechanics, especially when so close to implementation!  Some of us just want to make things more clear to all the new people who will want to use ANCs after ZC is on line.  As you pointed out, it's not going to be automatic, and therefore anything which make make using the protocol easier or more easily understood would be a good thing.
Jump to: