Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 130. (Read 530609 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Why is cryptsy sending invalid transactions? are they using an old client or something?

I made two transactions from cryptsy recently (2500 ANC + 2500 ANC) both unconfirmed for a long time. Invalid?

PS: I'm looking to buy 10-20k ANC, please contact me if interested in doing a deal outside of cryptsy.
Can you give me the tx? or ask craptsy to rebroadcast the tx. once i see it, il include it in a block.
No, it seems they have patched/adjusted their anoncoind to allow bigger than allowed txs with too few fee too.

This is unacceptable.

We really need a listing on Bittrex or Mintpal so we can stop trading on Cryptsy. This problem has been occurring for far too long!

We have not modified our daemon at all. Anoncoind is allowing us to send theses transactions. We are doing nothing wrong here

There is an issue with the code somewhere as we are not the only ones experiencing the issue

That being said I did merge close to 100k inputs to reduce our tx sizes ( in kb )

So Cryptsy is blaming the problem on our code? Meeh can you address this? Are others (besides Cryptsy) experiencing this problem like they claim?
Activity: 414
Merit: 251
Can someone respond to this:

http://zerocash-project.org/

"Zerocash improves on an earlier protocol, Zerocoin, developed by some of the same authors, both in functionality (Zerocoin only hides a payment's origin, but not its destination or amount) and in efficiency (Zerocash transactions are less than 1KB and take less than 6ms to verify)."

What will the size of our Zerocoin transactions be?

If the transactions are large and blockchain bloat is an issue, is there a way we can develop a "lite" wallet such as used by Shadowcoin (who is also working on zk-snarks btw). Spending Zerocoins from mobile devices (without a ton of storage space) would be a great feature!

Besides RSA UFO generation (to ensure Zerocoin can be minted in a trust free manner) does Zerocoin have any other advantages over Zerocash?

Zerocoin mint transactions will be only slightly larger than normal transactions, with about 128 bytes per minted coin.
Zerocoin spend transactions will have a small part that lives in the blockchain, and then about 125 KB that does not get stored in the blockchain.

Using 8 cores on a 2.4GHz Core i7, Zerocoin spends would take about 3 seconds to generate, and 0.5 s to verify. It's not completely out of the question that a modern smartphone with an optimized libzerocoin could do this, with some battery drain.

Minting zerocoins, storing them, and using Anoncoin balances that were previously received from zerocoins could all be handled easily by a mobile app.

I don't think anybody knows a procedure for generating the zk-SNARK parameters in a manner that doesn't require trust from the users. There's no way for an outside party to prove that they destroyed the sensitive data used to generate the parameters; anybody who has access to this data would be able to create unlimited currency units, completely destroying the currency. Worse, it would go undetected until it hits the exchanges and the value plummets. This is why it's so important to have trustless parameter generation!

Great explanation. Clear and concise. Thank you Gnosis! 
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Thanks for the update! How much funding is needed for you to work full time through the month of October also? Perhaps people here would be interested in pooling some funds together.

Well, the cost of living is high where I live... it would take about US$2750.
[...]
Also, gnosis, post your BTC, ANC addresses please

BTC: 14QnfqVG3CqLGBYHgD8tPYJVLxQ2AfvPEx
ANC: AU4hFCFZLhB2gTyG4VbaEurXGrTMNW2nu6
To get the ball rolling, I will match every 1 ANC donated with 1 ANC. My limit is 2000 ANC and offer lasts until 1st October, e.g if people donate 2000 ANC I will donate 2000 ANC which makes the total 4000 ANC.

At current price 4000*0.0015= 6 BTC * $460 = $2760

Gnosis has stated that he needs $2750 to work full time on anoncoin/zerocoin for the month of October.

Let's do it!

I'll donate 100ANC
TXID: edaa1c77a30df11f0913caba5feecc99b64201eacd361e6eb02ba84182d2907f
Excellent! 105 ANC so far, I just sent 105 from exchange (TrxID: b05e46271b949242952fa9b2ab0ba67e05078def69f9f5d5bb01deffb189a484).

That leaves 2000-105= 1895 ANC
Matched another 54.97 ANC

That leaves 1895-54.97 = 1840.03 ANC left for me to donate

Total so far: 319.94 ANC and 1 BTC

1 + (319.94 * 0.0015) = 1.47991 BTC = 1.48 * 460 = $680.80/$2750 = 25% of goal donated so far!
Another 210 matched.

1840.03-210 = 1630.03 ANC left for me to donate
Matched 37.42550588 ANC
1630.03-37.42550588 ANC = 1592.60449412 ANC left for me to donate
Activity: 101
Merit: 10

"Zerocash improves on an earlier protocol, Zerocoin, developed by some of the same authors, both in functionality (Zerocoin only hides a payment's origin, but not its destination or amount) and in efficiency (Zerocash transactions are less than 1KB and take less than 6ms to verify)."

If the transactions are large and blockchain bloat is an issue, is there a way we can develop a "lite" wallet such as used by Shadowcoin (who is also working on zk-snarks btw). Spending Zerocoins from mobile devices (without a ton of storage space) would be a great feature!

Besides RSA UFO generation (to ensure Zerocoin can be minted in a trust free manner) does Zerocoin have any other advantages over Zerocash?

Zerocoin mint transactions will be only slightly larger than normal transactions, with about 128 bytes per minted coin.
Zerocoin spend transactions will have a small part that lives in the blockchain, and then about 125 KB that does not get stored in the blockchain.

Using 8 cores on a 2.4GHz Core i7, Zerocoin spends would take about 3 seconds to generate, and 0.5 s to verify. It's not completely out of the question that a modern smartphone with an optimized libzerocoin could do this, with some battery drain.

Minting zerocoins, storing them, and using Anoncoin balances that were previously received from zerocoins could all be handled easily by a mobile app.

I don't think anybody knows a procedure for generating the zk-SNARK parameters in a manner that doesn't require trust from the users. There's no way for an outside party to prove that they destroyed the sensitive data used to generate the parameters; anybody who has access to this data would be able to create unlimited currency units, completely destroying the currency. Worse, it would go undetected until it hits the exchanges and the value plummets. This is why it's so important to have trustless parameter generation!
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002
Why is cryptsy sending invalid transactions? are they using an old client or something?

I made two transactions from cryptsy recently (2500 ANC + 2500 ANC) both unconfirmed for a long time. Invalid?

PS: I'm looking to buy 10-20k ANC, please contact me if interested in doing a deal outside of cryptsy.
Can you give me the tx? or ask craptsy to rebroadcast the tx. once i see it, il include it in a block.
No, it seems they have patched/adjusted their anoncoind to allow bigger than allowed txs with too few fee too.

This is unacceptable.

We really need a listing on Bittrex or Mintpal so we can stop trading on Cryptsy. This problem has been occurring for far too long!

We have not modified our daemon at all. Anoncoind is allowing us to send theses transactions. We are doing nothing wrong here

There is an issue with the code somewhere as we are not the only ones experiencing the issue

That being said I did merge close to 100k inputs to reduce our tx sizes ( in kb )
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

You could add my tor address also:
ie:
addnode=45y2lyszn5qnpt3l.onion
( i'd like to see if it works )

I run tor, i2p, and clearnet, and normally have ~50 connections, but when we've had the difficulty issues i get behind too
atm i have 7 i2p peers and about 20 ipv4

fyi, the steps i follow to get up to speed are:

1. stop the daemon

2. rm .anoncoin/peers.dat

3. edit the .anoncoin/anoncoin.conf and:
add/uncomment
  discover=1
and comment
  #noirc=1 ... if set
  #proxy= ... if set

4. this way you will connect to all the clear net nodes for the sync
ie: it'll use all the interfaces to connect like eth0

5. reverse the comment process when it's sync'd

6. always check what connections you have by:
ie: /home/anoncoin $ ./anoncoin/src/anoncoind getpeerinfo | grep addr

7. look for errors too: tail -f .anoncoin/debug.log -n 1000

hope this helps

Yes! Thanks, bro! It worked like a charm!  Grin
Activity: 150
Merit: 102
.... TO CLARIFY

Zerocoin and Zerocash
-https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Zerocoin
-https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Zerocash
-https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2983902 (scroll down a little further to read about Zerocoin)

Everybody asked about how big Transactions are going to be, no real answer has been given yet. Gnosis estimated it would cost more than 50x fees. However, why do you think this needs to be tested first?

Way too much Concerned
Most of you guys are too much concerned whether it might work or find more and more disadvantages. Why don't you invest a little and wait for a while. There is no way for you to find out much more about this tech if you are not a programmer or don't have a simple understanding of it.

I understand how it will all work from an intellectual standpoint.

With 50x fees I am just worried the Zerocoin solution will not be practical.... Kind of like an fancy private jet that is too much of a luxury to actually use because the fuel costs too much.

Who cares how cool Zerocoin is if the fees are too expensive to actually make practical use of it?
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
.... TO CLARIFY

Zerocoin and Zerocash
-https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Zerocoin
-https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Zerocash
-https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2983902 (scroll down a little further to read about Zerocoin)

Everybody asked about how big Transactions are going to be, no real answer has been given yet. Gnosis estimated it would cost more than 50x fees. However, why do you think this needs to be tested first?

Way too much Concerned
Most of you guys are too much concerned whether it might work or find more and more disadvantages. Why don't you invest a little and wait for a while. There is no way for you to find out much more about this tech if you are not a programmer or don't have a simple understanding of it.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Lean into the curves.
Well, obviously you used a tool created by someone else for some other specific purpose.

huh?

What... don't you read btcseller2b's wisdoms?
Activity: 150
Merit: 102

Activity: 336
Looks like monero might be about to crash and burn

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/delete-786201

If true that would leave just DRK and ANC as the only two coins with real anon-tech.
its most likely a lie. Ive seen BitcoinExpress (BCX) on multiple threads. All he does is accusations and marketing shit. No proof nor good arguments.
Maybe he wants to buy some cheap monero? Who knows...

Yea probably. I own a lot of XMR so I'm kinda hoping its untrue.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null

If true that would leave just DRK and ANC as the only two coins with real anon-tech.
its most likely a lie. Ive seen BitcoinExpress (BCX) on multiple threads. All he does is accusations and marketing shit. No proof nor good arguments.
Maybe he wants to buy some cheap monero? Who knows...

Well, obviously you used a tool created by someone else for some other specific purpose.

huh?
Lean into the curves.
 Where did I go wrong here?

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

This is unacceptable.

As you can see the max supply converges on 3.492 million not 4.2 million.  Where did I go wrong here?

How you understand github commits if you can't do some additions?

What are github commits.  Kiss
I was graphing the coin supply vs. time today (for fun  Grin) and noticed something odd.

I used this description in the wiki to make the graph:

Coin details
Anoncoin was originally a fork of the Litecoin source code. The creation of new coins is by the reward to miners for processing transactions into blocks that are added to the block chain, where mining is performed by proof of work using the scrypt hashing function. A total of 4.2 million coins can be mined into existence, which is 5 times less than the maximum supply of Bitcoin, and transactions are processed, on average, every 3 minutes. The current block reward is 5 ANC, and this will be halved to 2.5 on approximately January 22, 2015. The block reward distribution schedule is the following: 4.2 ANC for blocks until 42,000; 7 ANC until block 77,777; 5 ANC until block 384,377; and then halving of block rewards every 306,600 blocks (which is approximately every two years).

block   coins   block reward
1           4           4.2
42,000   176,400   4.2
77,777   426,839   7
384,377   1,959,839   5
690,977   2,726,339   2.5
997,577   3,109,589   1.25
1,304,177   3,301,214   0.625
1,610,777   3,397,027   0.3125
1,917,377   3,444,933   0.15625
2,223,977   3,468,886   0.078125
2,530,577   3,480,862   0.0390625
2,837,177   3,486,851   0.01953125
3,143,777   3,489,845   0.009765625
3,450,377   3,491,342   0.004882813
3,756,977   3,492,090   0.002441406

As you can see the max supply converges on 3.492 million not 4.2 million.  Where did I go wrong here?

The red dot is where we are currently.
Lean into the curves.

Imagine a tool that made horses run faster. Maybe something that when you flick a switch on the saddle it activates something that compresses the horse's nuts. A very useful invention for jockeys.

If someone comes along wanting to adapt that invention to cars you should hesitate. Not because the device could not be adapted to cars but because the person is adapting a tool rather than developing one.

This is actually fairly entertaining.

So, to carry the idea into practical terms, you are saying that engineers who use calculus to solve
problems shouldn't be trusted because they haven't created their owns mathematical tools for solving
engineering problems, right?

Activity: 175
Concerning this Borrowing of others...
In science, most things are borrowed, some mixed up borrowed things might even get called innovation from time to time Smiley
Especially in math we need others and already thought out techniques to reach success and develop further.

Gnosis simply adapted the idea because it seems there a few out there, the idea was good and ... done! Now he tries to use it for another purpose, there is no problem whatsoever with this.

Of course some of us have our doubts, even I do have them : ) But hey... look in the Github on the commits page Smiley

btcseller3c brings some valid criticisms though, as in science you need to be able to independently replicate an experiment or, in the case of math, a peer review in order to have your work accepted by the community. ANC would benefit a lot from an independent review of the RSA UFO project and, at a later date, of its Zerocoin implementation.
Jump to: