Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 123. (Read 530609 times)

Activity: 298
Merit: 250
No, you don't need to trust anyone. You can verify how the accumulator works before compiling your code if you like. (ignore back on.)

We will be able to verify how the accumulators works with the opensource code but the problem is no that.
The problem is that Gnosis will generate the keys (RSA) of these accumulators. Even if he use RSA-UFO to generate them, he have the control of all the generation operation.
There is nothing trustless. You need to trust that Gnosis is honest and will not keep the factors to forge zerocoin proofs and then infinite ANC.
Source: https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Zerocoin#Zerocoin_in_practice (Section: Criticisms, fourth paragraph)

The fourth paragraph clearly states that the original Zerocoin approach has the flaw you thinking of. However in the last sentence it says that Anoncoin will use RSA_UFOs and generate them by using Sanders 1999.

Can you even read?

EDIT:
Of course you have to trust Gnosis that the coding is correct. But you need to trust any other developers as well when you use any program on this world. Like I said before, If you don't trust anybody you will live in a box.

EDIT2: Other people don't need that trust, they read the opensource code
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
There's a new king in the streets
No, you don't need to trust anyone. You can verify how the accumulator works before compiling your code if you like. (ignore back on.)

We will be able to verify how the accumulators works with the opensource code but the problem is no that.
The problem is that Gnosis will generate the keys (RSA) of these accumulators.
There is nothing trustless. You need to trust that Gnosis is honest and will not keep the factors to forge zerocoin proofs and then infinite ANC.
Source: https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Zerocoin#Zerocoin_in_practice (Section: Criticisms, fourth paragraph)

If gnosis has his own rsa ufos - with factors - then he had 8 core years squirrelled away in his basement ? get real !!! You cannot fake the numbers nor the work needed to work them out.
Activity: 249
Haha.. No wonder why I'm always offline from here. Listening to those trolls trying to increase their e-penis and save the last of the fallen coins they sit on.. Maybe angry for us not letting them easily copy us... well well, I wouldn't care, either should you.

This was not a reply to the trolls. They are on /ignore.

/Back to work

Liar, you come here everyday but you act like a child.
My last post below is clear but you are not able to provide a real support to your community because you have no arguments against mines. This is unfortunate to see the main dev acting like that.

If you are not able to understand, then ask Meeh or Gnosis (they were both online on bitcointalk today):
1) Who will setup the 13 accumulators of zerocoin?
2) If it will be possible to review this setup to be sure that Gnosis doesn't know the factors (P and Q) of the accumulators (to avoid the risk that he forge zerocoin proofs and generate infinite ANC)?

The reponses are:
1) Gnosis
2) No because the setup will be done OUTSIDE the open source wallet code.

EDIT: If 2) response from Meeh is YES, then I'm out. You will never see me again here.

@rsa_ufo_attack
I do not tend to respond to trolling, however I do _not_ consider these questions to be trolling. Your requests for information might seem a bit hostile though and thrown onto the trolling pile. Like you pointed out these are completely legitimate questions that should be answered. However we do not have the answers to these questions at this time.
Preferably we will have a way to ensure that anyone can verify that the generated UFO's are in fact the ones that are deployed, and at the same time deliver proof of destruction of the initial parameters. Worst case scenario, the users might actually have to trust the dev team to do this right. If it comes down to trusting the team, it will probably hurt the price quite a bit, but the technology itself will in no way be impacted.

@everyone
Some additional information for those that haven't caught on yet. We are primarily in this project to push the boundaries of anonymity technology, not to amuse the investors that buy loads of the coin. To avoid zerocoin implementation using the UFO's (the best tech to date) because there is a slight chance it might be abused is not an option. It was said that it will be attacked and eventually cracked, this is a given. The important factor here is time.

To crack the UFO's will most likely require several decades even with a wast constant, or even increasing, amounts of computing power. With previous statements in the thread some people are indirectly implying that all development will halt when zc with ufo launches. This is certainly not the case. With zc and the UFO in place we will have _at least_ 5 years to come up with a better solution without ever being at risk of the UFO's being cracked.

If any of these risks are not acceptable to you, I suggest you drop your coin, and shift your interest towards another coin.
rsa_ufo_attack:

I only saw your question because it was quoted in another post (you are on ignore).

1. The RSA UFOs were generated using the algorithm of Sanders. You can verify this in the code that Gnosis published on github. The fact that it was generated using Sanders algorithm proves that no one knows that factorization. Please read the wiki, inspect the code, and read the Sanders paper. If you don't do this, you will have to trust the developers.

2. Of course. You realize this is open source, right?

Thanks BroxTroxer for your response. I'm sad to see that only BroxTroxer is smart and able to think by himself.

To lunokhod2:
Please understand that even if the code is open source, it would not prove that Gnosis have setup the 13 accumulators with RSA-UFO. You need to trust that Gnosis will setup the accumulators with the trustless RSA-UFO method. He can say what he want. If he setup them by himself to know the two factors (P and Q) of each accumulator, he will be able to forge zerocoin proofs and generate infinite ANC. Need to explain you the consequences of that?

The own Anoncoin wiki say that. We need to trust Gnosis. The implementation of zerocoin in Anoncoin is NOT trustless.
About the RSA-UFO project, it was just to remove the small factors (P and Q). Don't say bullshit please.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
There's a new king in the streets
Haha.. No wonder why I'm always offline from here. Listening to those trolls trying to increase their e-penis and save the last of the fallen coins they sit on.. Maybe angry for us not letting them easily copy us... well well, I wouldn't care, either should you.

/Back to work

My last post below is clear but you are not able to provide a real support to your community because you have no arguments against mines. This is unfortunate to see the main dev acting like that.

If you are not able to understand, then ask Meeh or Gnosis (they were both online on bitcointalk today):
2) If it will be possible to review this setup to be sure that Gnosis doesn't know the factors (P and Q) of the accumulators (to avoid the risk that he forge zerocoin proofs and generate infinite ANC)?

The reponses are:
1) Gnosis

EDIT: If 2) response from Meeh is YES, then I'm out. You will never see me again here.

No offence, but nobody's explained it to your and your fellow trolls because you have all been so belligerent and insulting that nearly everybody has you on ignore; otherwise, you might have been directed to the answer to your main question by somebody in the know in a simple enough form that even you can wrap your tiny mind around ...

http://crypto.stackexchange.com/questions/12641/can-an-rsa-public-key-be-generated-without-ever-knowing-the-factors
( according to Michael Miers )

The crux of the rsa_ufo is just that; the prime factors are not needed once their product has been found. The products were found on all the contributing boxes over the past 2 months and were uploaded. Check the code for yourself here to find out what happened to the prime factors:

https://github.com/Anoncoin/ufo_client
Activity: 290

/Back to work

The reponses are:
1) Gnosis

@rsa_ufo_attack
I do not tend to respond to trolling, however I do _not_ consider these questions to be trolling. Your requests for information might seem a bit hostile though and thrown onto the trolling pile. Like you pointed out these are completely legitimate questions that should be answered. However we do not have the answers to these questions at this time.
Preferably we will have a way to ensure that anyone can verify that the generated UFO's are in fact the ones that are deployed, and at the same time deliver proof of destruction of the initial parameters. Worst case scenario, the users might actually have to trust the dev team to do this right. If it comes down to trusting the team, it will probably hurt the price quite a bit, but the technology itself will in no way be impacted.

@everyone
Some additional information for those that haven't caught on yet. We are primarily in this project to push the boundaries of anonymity technology, not to amuse the investors that buy loads of the coin. To avoid zerocoin implementation using the UFO's (the best tech to date) because there is a slight chance it might be abused is not an option. It was said that it will be attacked and eventually cracked, this is a given. The important factor here is time.

To crack the UFO's will most likely require several decades even with a wast constant, or even increasing, amounts of computing power. With previous statements in the thread some people are indirectly implying that all development will halt when zc with ufo launches. This is certainly not the case. With zc and the UFO in place we will have _at least_ 5 years to come up with a better solution without ever being at risk of the UFO's being cracked.

If any of these risks are not acceptable to you, I suggest you drop your coin, and shift your interest towards another coin.
rsa_ufo_attack:

I only saw your question because it was quoted in another post (you are on ignore).

1. The RSA UFOs were generated using the algorithm of Sanders. You can verify this in the code that Gnosis published on github. The fact that it was generated using Sanders algorithm proves that no one knows that factorization. Please read the wiki, inspect the code, and read the Sanders paper. If you don't do this, you will have to trust the developers.

Seems I should read up on the wiki as well. Thanks lunokhod

This is quite different from what has been repeteadly announced by Gnosis. The "trustless" Zerocoin setup had never been questioned, until now. To come now and say that "maybe" the community will have to trust the dev team in order to make it right is definitely a change in the official position, and one that puts ANC at risk.

The setup itself will be trustless once implemented. I do not have enough insight to contradict Gnosis's announcement, but I haven't heard of any way to provide good proof of destruction at this time. You should not weight my word heaver than his though as he might know how to do it. I'm just saying there is a chance that trusting the team for at least some part of the implementation might become necessary.

You're part of the dev team, and your words may cause more impact than others. IMO Gnosis should clarify this point asap.

Yes, my bad. I shouldn't respond without having all the facts. I agreem and believe that Gnosis should clarify how the key that is used can be verified as the generated UFO, and provide some proof of destruction of the initial parameters to ensure that the setup is completely trustless.
Activity: 249

/Back to work

The reponses are:
1) Gnosis

@rsa_ufo_attack

@everyone

rsa_ufo_attack:

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

This is quite different from what has been repeteadly announced by Gnosis. The "trustless" Zerocoin setup had never been questioned, until now. To come now and say that "maybe" the community will have to trust the dev team in order to make it right is definitely a change in the official position, and one that puts ANC at risk.

The setup itself will be trustless once implemented. I do not have enough insight to contradict Gnosis's announcement, but I haven't heard of any way to provide good proof of destruction at this time. You should not weight my word heaver than his though as he might know how to do it. I'm just saying there is a chance that trusting the team for at least some part of the implementation might become necessary.

You're part of the dev team, and your words may cause more impact than others. IMO Gnosis should clarify this point asap.

Activity: 298

Isn't there a RSA_UFO folder in the Source for a reason? And hasn't been used "hashing" to generate the number for a reason?
The key lies in the source, but you won't acknowledge it, whatever I say. Imagine a connection between "the generators" "the RSA UFO client" and "ZC".
It is too easy for you to say "If Gnosis generates the key by himself"

Ah and RSA_UFO_Attack ... you insult the head developer of Anoncoin and expect answers to your questions?
Activity: 175

/Back to work

The reponses are:
1) Gnosis

@rsa_ufo_attack

@everyone

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
:)

/Back to work
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Hello to all,

like already mentioned , responding to trolls we feed them.
History of few the same troll profiles you can check here. He have few more similar profiles I think.
And he is not stops reading our thread, this must mean we are threats to his coin, or he is not much normal..

I suggest to ignore him/them to October 15, or November 1  

Wink

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/no-ice-please-339471
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/alfredoruizsanchezvonzut-356665
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/luigipabloquarnavaca-358234
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/luigipabloquernevacaroli-358537

and he missing himself   Grin Grin

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/official-anoncoin-chat-thread-including-history-227287

NICE change, haven't seen until now    Cheesy

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/official-anoncoin-chat-thread-including-history-227287

Activity: 182
Good News, I finished the front-end for a darknet ANC/BTC exchange. I expect to have something online before the ZC mainnet Smiley

STELLAR !!!!!!!

Not planning on adding it. No ScamCoins Accepted(TM)   Tongue

My God ! I meant your effort and not the coin !!!!!! LOL
Activity: 700
Merit: 508
Good News, I finished the front-end for a darknet ANC/BTC exchange. I expect to have something online before the ZC mainnet Smiley

STELLAR !!!!!!!

Not planning on adding it. No ScamCoins Accepted(TM)   Tongue
Activity: 182

STELLAR !!!!!!!
Activity: 206

Thanks to GroundRod !

"zANC" i think distinguishes ANC in a special way, unique lower case prefix in Cryptoland

Thanks.....it kinda just happened, works quickest when typing out ideas, yet gets the idea across that the coins context has been altered.  Don't recall having ever come across its use in Cryptoland symbols, old coder in my feels natural referencing it that way though.  Then again, this is a very unique thing being done to Anoncoin's nature as a concurrency.   

As i said, i'd talk with a marketing friend about zero, and after i'd done some explaining, she came straight out with "Zero2Trust"

Maybe the image can be slicked up:

Anoncoin+ == Anoncoin with Zero2Trust
( oh, Wow, Anoncoin is reborn with Zero2Trust technology !!! Allelulia !!! )

Well, people selling soap powder or fried chicken do it :-)

Maybe the 3 crapcoin refugees frequenting this thread can help, marketing might be their forte, heck, some altcoin surprisingly found it's way onto Finex i recall

Like it allot really, for a marketing position. perhaps something like Zero2Trust is a much better way to make reference to the underlining technology, I'm no expert on such things, nor intend any offense, if you happen to see me call it zANC, for short.

@entertheabyss - Always looking forward to movin on up, & into a better market environment.  Appreciate the work your doing and thanks for the chat log capture & quote, it was a good one....
Activity: 126
Lean into the curves.

Your move anc developers.

lolz.

at least you've become entertaining again
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Thanks for the update! How much funding is needed for you to work full time through the month of October also? Perhaps people here would be interested in pooling some funds together.

Well, the cost of living is high where I live... it would take about US$2750.
[...]
Also, gnosis, post your BTC, ANC addresses please

BTC: 14QnfqVG3CqLGBYHgD8tPYJVLxQ2AfvPEx
ANC: AU4hFCFZLhB2gTyG4VbaEurXGrTMNW2nu6
To get the ball rolling, I will match every 1 ANC donated with 1 ANC. My limit is 2000 ANC and offer lasts until 1st October, e.g if people donate 2000 ANC I will donate 2000 ANC which makes the total 4000 ANC.

At current price 4000*0.0015= 6 BTC * $460 = $2760

Gnosis has stated that he needs $2750 to work full time on anoncoin/zerocoin for the month of October.

Let's do it!

I'll donate 100ANC
TXID: edaa1c77a30df11f0913caba5feecc99b64201eacd361e6eb02ba84182d2907f
Excellent! 105 ANC so far, I just sent 105 from exchange (TrxID: b05e46271b949242952fa9b2ab0ba67e05078def69f9f5d5bb01deffb189a484).

That leaves 2000-105= 1895 ANC
Matched another 54.97 ANC

That leaves 1895-54.97 = 1840.03 ANC left for me to donate

Total so far: 319.94 ANC and 1 BTC

1 + (319.94 * 0.0015) = 1.47991 BTC = 1.48 * 460 = $680.80/$2750 = 25% of goal donated so far!
Another 210 matched.

1840.03-210 = 1630.03 ANC left for me to donate
Matched 37.42550588 ANC
1630.03-37.42550588 ANC = 1592.60449412 ANC left for me to donate
Just matched another 99.97 ANC.

1592.60449412-99.97 = 1492.63449412 ANC left for me to donate
Matched 250.05442846 ANC

1492.63449412-250.05442846= 1242.58006566 ANC left for me to donate (8 days left)
Jump to: