Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 133. (Read 530609 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
Gnosis, can you explain what's the purpose of the UFO project?
.. Why ur screen name contain rsa ufo if you don't know what it is.

It is a way to implement Zerocoin in a trustless manner.

To try and help save his precious time I'll post the following link - http://lmgtfy.com/?q=RSA+UFO+Anoncoin
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
So far people have donated 740.6 ANC and 1 BTC. Based on this, I can commit to working full-time on this through October 12... this is amazing! Thanks!!! Cheesy

I'm currently working on analyzing logs from the UFO project which just ended, and I will post the results here when I'm done. In the meantime, here is the source for the UFO server: https://github.com/Gnos1s/ufo_server

Also, I am scheduled to release the first Zerocoin commits to our public Github tomorrow. I will proceed with this, but I think the concerns about copycat coins are valid. There are a variety of things I can do to make life very difficult for somebody copying from our Github, and publicly specifying what I would do and when I would do it would defeat the purpose... Wink At any rate, the full source will be available by the time this goes to mainnet.

To report bugs related to Zerocoin, please PM me or email me, and preferably also encrypt using my GPG key (see fingerprint in signature).

Gnosis, can you explain what's the purpose of the UFO project?

.. Why ur screen name contain rsa ufo if you don't know what it is.

It is a way to implement Zerocoin in a trustless manner.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
So far people have donated 740.6 ANC and 1 BTC. Based on this, I can commit to working full-time on this through October 12... this is amazing! Thanks!!! Cheesy

I'm currently working on analyzing logs from the UFO project which just ended, and I will post the results here when I'm done. In the meantime, here is the source for the UFO server: https://github.com/Gnos1s/ufo_server

Also, I am scheduled to release the first Zerocoin commits to our public Github tomorrow. I will proceed with this, but I think the concerns about copycat coins are valid. There are a variety of things I can do to make life very difficult for somebody copying from our Github, and publicly specifying what I would do and when I would do it would defeat the purpose... Wink At any rate, the full source will be available by the time this goes to mainnet.

To report bugs related to Zerocoin, please PM me or email me, and preferably also encrypt using my GPG key (see fingerprint in signature).
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
maybe we can get ANC added to bitcoinwisdom if enough people bother them about it Smiley

Post here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoinwisdomcom-live-bitcoinlitecoin-charts-190722
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Good for anoncoin to see some progress. This was long the only anonymous coin. Hopefully the relationship with Monero continue as well.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
There's a new king in the streets
Craptsy is corrupt by DRK fans Smiley    

but ANC will survive! Next month ANC price will be Drk x2
NACK, ZeroCoin will first be on testnet, not mainnet! After testing, it will be integrated into mainnet.

testnet, mainnet,  ANC is UP

K1773R  , please translate in few words , if you can, tnx

https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/commit/234b25a21765e21ca723fde2bb471285f1b01092

Nice, can we betatest? How long do you plan testrun on testnet?
This is all we know atm:
Code:
[23:12]   myeagleflies: I am aiming for July 10 for getting it on the testnet
[23:13] probably not much longer before it's on mainnet
[source]

It is past July 10th. Is ZeroCoin working on testnet now? If not, what makes your forecast this time different?

Lucy, Bitch, go back to your crap coins if you cannot tel wtf is going on here, no offence :-)
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Fun part, I hired Gnosis away from ZC for 1BTC for about 3hours (Yes, he is so dedicated that I had to do that Tongue ), so blame me for a 3h later release Wink  But if my math is correct it might been worth it.

@gnosis, 

if somebody or group of ppl pay you to not post anything,
I think we could pay you more...
Don't be afraid, we are behind you, we are anoncoin
 Grin Wink
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Thanks for the update! How much funding is needed for you to work full time through the month of October also? Perhaps people here would be interested in pooling some funds together.

Well, the cost of living is high where I live... it would take about US$2750.
[...]
Also, gnosis, post your BTC, ANC addresses please

BTC: 14QnfqVG3CqLGBYHgD8tPYJVLxQ2AfvPEx
ANC: AU4hFCFZLhB2gTyG4VbaEurXGrTMNW2nu6
To get the ball rolling, I will match every 1 ANC donated with 1 ANC. My limit is 2000 ANC and offer lasts until 1st October, e.g if people donate 2000 ANC I will donate 2000 ANC which makes the total 4000 ANC.

At current price 4000*0.0015= 6 BTC * $460 = $2760

Gnosis has stated that he needs $2750 to work full time on anoncoin/zerocoin for the month of October.

Let's do it!

I'll donate 100ANC
TXID: edaa1c77a30df11f0913caba5feecc99b64201eacd361e6eb02ba84182d2907f
Excellent! 105 ANC so far, I just sent 105 from exchange (TrxID: b05e46271b949242952fa9b2ab0ba67e05078def69f9f5d5bb01deffb189a484).

That leaves 2000-105= 1895 ANC
Matched another 54.97 ANC

That leaves 1895-54.97 = 1840.03 ANC left for me to donate

Total so far: 319.94 ANC and 1 BTC

1 + (319.94 * 0.0015) = 1.47991 BTC = 1.48 * 460 = $680.80/$2750 = 25% of goal donated so far!
Another 210 matched.

1840.03-210 = 1630.03 ANC left for me to donate
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
It is past July 10th. Is ZeroCoin working on testnet now? If not, what makes your forecast this time different?

Lucy you have old date. Last is:

[...]
Would it be possible to give a conservative, realistic estimate for when the Zerocoin testnet will be up an running? I think that most of us realize that software projects take longer than anticipated, and some of the discontent in this thread is based on the fact that previous estimates were, in retrospect, overly optimistic. If you could make a conservative estimate, and then multiply the time by two, that will shut many people up for awhile...
[...]

September 20th.

Actually, no:
As I promised two weeks ago, here is an estimate for completion of Zerocoin-in-Anoncoin that I feel has a very high chance of being met (a "hard deadline").

By October 15, I'll have Zerocoin integration in "alpha" state, and on a testnet for anybody to try.

By November 1, I'll have Zerocoin in mainnet, which means you can use the ANC you have now to mint and spend zerocoins. It will still be in "beta", meaning you should pay attention to our website, IRC, and our bitcointalk.org thread for security updates to the wallet and anoncoind; this is especially important if you are a miner or running a relay node.

I realized that I have made deadlines in the past that were not met. I put a lot of thought into the above deadlines and I know that they can be met. Just as a reminder, I'm working full-time on Zerocoin until at least October 1, and possibly after depending on funding.
Activity: 414
Merit: 251
Craptsy is corrupt by DRK fans Smiley    

but ANC will survive! Next month ANC price will be Drk x2
NACK, ZeroCoin will first be on testnet, not mainnet! After testing, it will be integrated into mainnet.

testnet, mainnet,  ANC is UP

K1773R  , please translate in few words , if you can, tnx

https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/commit/234b25a21765e21ca723fde2bb471285f1b01092

Nice, can we betatest? How long do you plan testrun on testnet?
This is all we know atm:
Code:
[23:12]   myeagleflies: I am aiming for July 10 for getting it on the testnet
[23:13] probably not much longer before it's on mainnet
[source]

Activity: 249
Now that we are getting close to seeing Zerocoin in action, we are thinking about translating the (new) website and wiki into a couple of different languages. Based on the political climate in China and Russia, I think that we should probably start with chinese and russian. Given that bitcoin is becoming increasingly important in South America, I think that we should probably concentrate on Spanish as well. How does this sound?

So, first, are there any native chinese, russian, or spanish speakers in this forum that would be willing to help out?

Second, we would either like to pay a community member to do this, or put out an ANC-per-word bounty. However, given the amount of ANC in the donation address, this wouldn't be too attractive, at least at the current ANC price.... If you want to help jump start this initiative, think about donating ANC to the project.

Lastly, I would just like to remind everyone that we still have about 700 ANC in bounties open. Details can be found here on the Anoncoin wiki.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
जगत् िमत
wtf Huh
the difficulty's gone ballistic over the past day or so ...
Yes. Looks like suddenly a lot of people have started mining..
Meeh, can you check the /r/anoncoin spam folder - my posts are not showing up?
Need some help guys

So I'm busy converting most of my coins to BTC. I have about 20 Anoncoins in my desktop wallet (version 0.8.5.1-88-g87bdacc-beta)

It's updated and I have 8 connections at the moment. I transferred the 20 coins to join the rest on my exchange but now it just says:

Date: 2014-09-16 12:31:01
Debit: -20.12468257 ANC

It's been like this for a few hours now. Nothing is happening. I downloaded the new version of Anoncoin which is 0.8.5.6 and installed it but it still opens my 0.8.5.1 version for some reason.

If I delete the wallet and the block chain in program data then it still shows it's version 0.8.5.1 but it re-downloads the block chain.

What am I missing?

Here's my log file info:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1bdy2vpvcblqm06/debug.log?dl=0

You probably just need to give it some time.  If you don't include a miners fee the transaction might not be included in a block right away.  I had the same thing happen to me yesterday, I sent 20 coins from my wallet with no miner fee and it sat unconfirmed for about 8 hours before it finally was added to a block.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
incoming 0d487843ec4f18d474d4b38dd4d68111696ab8434be6218f093d064657e7e15f
Activity: 4
Need some help guys

So I'm busy converting most of my coins to BTC. I have about 20 Anoncoins in my desktop wallet (version 0.8.5.1-88-g87bdacc-beta)

It's updated and I have 8 connections at the moment. I transferred the 20 coins to join the rest on my exchange but now it just says:

Date: 2014-09-16 12:31:01
Debit: -20.12468257 ANC

It's been like this for a few hours now. Nothing is happening. I downloaded the new version of Anoncoin which is 0.8.5.6 and installed it but it still opens my 0.8.5.1 version for some reason.

If I delete the wallet and the block chain in program data then it still shows it's version 0.8.5.1 but it re-downloads the block chain.

What am I missing?

Here's my log file info:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1bdy2vpvcblqm06/debug.log?dl=0
Cryptsy is the best market for ANC at the moment. 

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/anoncoin/#markets
Activity: 378
where can we buy ?
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
The rate at which the donation builds up is a little too slow,COME ON,$2750 is very low remuneration for a knowledgeable man whose work will be the Progress of Milepost Type.

Maybe it will build up after he delivers what he's promised.
WDL
Activity: 54
The rate at which the donation builds up is a little too slow,COME ON,$2750 is very low remuneration for a knowledgeable man whose work will be the Progress of Milepost Type.
Jump to: