Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 137. (Read 530609 times)

Qak
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Is anyone know size of zerocoin transaction? One man said that it will be more than 30kb. Is it possible to store proofs outside of blockchain?
Activity: 414
Merit: 251
Good luck to you guys, I have been rooting for Anoncoin to successfully implement Zerocoin, as I think it will be the most anonymous Cryptocurrency if you guys can do so. It is because of Anoncoin's attempt at Zerocoin implementation that I can't stand all the Monero shilling as being a sure bet.

I think if you guys successfully implement Zerocoin, you will be the Anon coin to beat. It is crazy to me that the Monero fan boys aren't the least bit worried about Anoncoin. I am not sure if they are just ignorant, or if they are trying to pump Monero up while they cash out. Either way it annoys me, so I have chosen Anoncoin as my most likely to succeed anon coin at this point in time. It seems Zerocoin implementation is imminent.
I haven't seen any Monero shilling in this thread. Also, I should remind everyone that the lead developer of Monero and Anoncoin are founding members of PrivacySolutions.no, so we are all friends here!

Though I think Zerocoin is better than ring signatures, I also think that Monero is one of the few "honest" coins out there today (yes, I have followed the entire bytecoin-scam history).

People who support privacy are on the same team. Sure, when money comes in to play we'll all want an edge no matter what it comes down to, in trading it's hard for everyone to be a winner. But in the end we will all be better off if we can have private transactions.

XMR have some pros and cons, and so does Zerocoin. They may end up serving different purposes (for example XMR may be able to handle larger transaction volume and ZC may be the "NSA safe" coin for that special transaction you don't want ANYONE to be able to dig up no matter what(I'm not saying this is what will happen, it's just an example)), or some technology just "wins" because it was good enough. We can't know yet.

One thing we CAN be sure of, is that whatever coin grows will have it's share of shills, trolls, haters and obnoxious supporters. It's just part of the game.

I agree that there is no need to fight. It is possible to support both XMR and ANC at once.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
I asked our Twitter followers to express how they felt about the open source release date issue:

https://twitter.com/AnoncoinTeam/status/511480370152628224
Activity: 149
Try best to protect ourselves before we become too stronger to be defeated...

So, I think we  need hold the source code for one significant period before release it.

Dont follow superficial principles like "Must Open source", the only principle we need follow is "Try best to Survive"

plz think as Mao Ze Dong ...

legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
Good luck to you guys, I have been rooting for Anoncoin to successfully implement Zerocoin, as I think it will be the most anonymous Cryptocurrency if you guys can do so. It is because of Anoncoin's attempt at Zerocoin implementation that I can't stand all the Monero shilling as being a sure bet.

I think if you guys successfully implement Zerocoin, you will be the Anon coin to beat. It is crazy to me that the Monero fan boys aren't the least bit worried about Anoncoin. I am not sure if they are just ignorant, or if they are trying to pump Monero up while they cash out. Either way it annoys me, so I have chosen Anoncoin as my most likely to succeed anon coin at this point in time. It seems Zerocoin implementation is imminent.
I haven't seen any Monero shilling in this thread. Also, I should remind everyone that the lead developer of Monero and Anoncoin are founding members of PrivacySolutions.no, so we are all friends here!

Though I think Zerocoin is better than ring signatures, I also think that Monero is one of the few "honest" coins out there today (yes, I have followed the entire bytecoin-scam history).

People who support privacy are on the same team. Sure, when money comes in to play we'll all want an edge no matter what it comes down to, in trading it's hard for everyone to be a winner. But in the end we will all be better off if we can have private transactions.

XMR have some pros and cons, and so does Zerocoin. They may end up serving different purposes (for example XMR may be able to handle larger transaction volume and ZC may be the "NSA safe" coin for that special transaction you don't want ANYONE to be able to dig up no matter what(I'm not saying this is what will happen, it's just an example)), or some technology just "wins" because it was good enough. We can't know yet.

One thing we CAN be sure of, is that whatever coin grows will have it's share of shills, trolls, haters and obnoxious supporters. It's just part of the game.

Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
Ridiculous bot action on Cryptsy. Need to say goodbye to that exchange.
agree. but aslong ppl continue to trade their because they stick to the high volume exchanges, this never changes :S

Agree. Kindly suggest an alternative.

BLEUTRADE is nice and gaining traction - feel free to use my referral link Smiley http://linkis.com/bleutrade.com/sign_u/JuIkq
Activity: 182
agree. but aslong ppl continue to trade their because they stick to the high volume exchanges, this never changes :S

Agree. Kindly suggest an alternative.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Activity: 168
Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io

For what it's worth I don't think any code (inc RSA_UFO) should be posted before ZC live release...

If you want to establish ANC as the go to coin for anonymity you need the message to be heard before it's swamped in the midst of copycats!
Activity: 168
I think this coin is at least a ten bagger in the making, once the developers implement Zerocoin. I know price isn't everything but it can spur a lot of interest, and investment of talents and $$$. Zerocoin does seem to be the best anonymity solution out there and if ANC manages to do it in a trustless way first, the sky is the limit.

With that in mind, I think the above suggestions about delaying open source are on the right track.
Activity: 386
Other coins cannot clone the developers. This is important. People who think that the only value of a coin is its code forget that code needs to be maintained, and that other developers will want to build functionality on top of the code. ANC can be the place where people go to find the smartest guys in anonymity, and that is, I think, a way to market ANC when the source code is released. Let's remember that if implementing Zerocoin were all that straightforward, someone else would have done it already. So there really is something special about the development team here, something that, I hope, investors will choose to invest in.

Release of code is not in contest here..... only the timing is.......

Yes, I understand that. I think you missed the larger point about why someone would invest in one coin vs. another. If it's just the source code, then a clone is as good as the original. But my point is that it's not just the source code.

I am not making a case for any particular code release schedule. I am only pointing out that efforts can be made to characterize ANC as more than its code when the code is released.
Other coins cannot clone the developers. This is important. People who think that the only value of a coin is its code forget that code needs to be maintained, and that other developers will want to build functionality on top of the code. ANC can be the place where people go to find the smartest guys in anonymity, and that is, I think, a way to market ANC when the source code is released. Let's remember that if implementing Zerocoin were all that straightforward, someone else would have done it already. So there really is something special about the development team here, something that, I hope, investors will choose to invest in.

Release of code is not in contest here..... only the timing is.......
Activity: 175
If someone here can make a nice catchy landing page, I can donate free traffic (~1.5k visitors/day) to raise awareness regarding the upcoming ZC launch.

Any takers?
Activity: 386

This is an Open-Source project first and foremost. Think about what that means for a second.

"In production and development, open source as a development model promotes a universal access via a free license to a product's design or blueprint, and universal redistribution of that design or blueprint, including subsequent improvements to it by anyone."

There are to routes we can go, 1) the open-source route or 2) the route taken by scam coins like DRK. Closed source is bad idea for Crypto Projects. Period. Anoncoin should be commited first and formost to the opensource ideals that the crypto-coin community is built on. Yes there will be cloning, yes they will rip us off. What makes Anoncoin great is not first mover status but the golden seal of a genuinely superior privacy product. Maybe a copycat will displace us, it will only happen if there product is genuinely better then ours. I'm Abhorred by the prospect of sacrificing our ideals for the sake of money. That is not what this project is about. Money comes second to the purity of our coins reputation. Somebody, will inevitability say. Oh look another darkcoin.
    We need to ask ourselves who does Anoncoin belong to? Do a little soul searching. Anoncoin belongs to everybody, it belongs to the traders and the miners and it even belongs to the and the haters and scammers and it even belongs to the cloners. That is the true nexus of an open-source coin.
    The community will rally behind this coin. The clones will eventually fade into the background. But if we give the community a closed source implementation it will stain us in a way that will never be lived down.

No one is suggesting changing to closed source.  All we are saying is that with so many copy cat devs working hard to capitalize on the work of our beloved developers, it might make sense to delay release of code until ZC is a working, proven project.  This is only to be sure that nobody can steal the work of our devs before their project is finished.

This is a very big deal.  This is history in the making.  I very much admire the desire to stick to principles.  Those principles are one of the main attractions.  But others who do not share those principles, and who have already in place very good marketing, might be able to steal the thunder before the lightning even strikes....  a couple of weeks additional delay would not compromise our devs principles, but could protect all the work they have already done.

It is worth thinking about.
+100000

@DEVS:

History of Cyptocoins is not that long so as to be dead in our memory. Learn from it ( about the scale and audacity of the scammers). If you do not respect history, it too will forget you.

Kindly consider : Good is Good only if others respect it (wrt github releases), it's no use otherwise..... TO ANYBODY.

This development is the result of the sweat of your collective brow. If this development is as great as it is purported to be, then the first (and most enduring) lien on it should truly be only yours.

Consider : Development & fairness & prosperity can all go hand in hand   , without sacrificing any for the other. if it wasn't so, patenting could never have existed.
Lastly : It will be bad only if you never release it, but what morality inhibits you to taste your success both ethically as well as monetarily?
Activity: 700
Merit: 508
Without denigrating any comment, I don't think we need to take Darkcoin as an example. From the start Darkcoin is based on lies and non-transparency. In my opinion this is why they will never succeed to get market adoption.

When Anoncoin will succeed to implement ZC, it will be the first truly and trustless anonymous coin. Every fork of ANC will be only Pump/Dump and fail.

Just some advertisement Wink
Take the opportunity of this "high" to buy the Anoncoin T-Shirt with old logo (Guy Fawkes). Only 30 pcs are in stock! Then, I will produce a new T-Shirt with new logo A.

Hey Skaia, You site seems to use CloudFlare which notoriously blocks Tor Exit Nodes. Any chance you could disable it?
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Also please remember that Darkcoin did very out of keeping its Darksend closed source for so long.  it was in the top five cryptocoins by market capitalisation for a good while and it's still currently listed as in eighth place.  The ANC devs aim to have Zerocoin on the main-net in about six weeks time.  Why not start to release the code then with an eight week lag.  Instead of the two week lag starting on September the 17th.
i like that idea, its unfortunately needed.
Activity: 469
English Motherfucker do you speak it ?
Also please remember that Darkcoin did very out of keeping its Darksend closed source for so long.  it was in the top five cryptocoins by market capitalisation for a good while and it's still currently listed as in eighth place.  The ANC devs aim to have Zerocoin on the main-net in about six weeks time.  Why not start to release the code then with an eight week lag.  Instead of the two week lag starting on September the 17th.
I would just waste my time on Monero, which is open source and working. Open source is a criteria for me to even consider investing.

Please lets try to focus on anonymity as a community in general, the right to privacy is the most basic right we have and it shall not be taken away from us.
Jump to: