Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 187. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 556
Merit: 500
thanks a lot, nice summary. I hate PoS too, but the fact they are concentrated in few hands make the squeeze possible. not necessarily a huge pump and dump scheme, more like manipulation of price to fix it at very high level in order to get the attention (see it like marketing). coins which have a large distribution can't be manipulated, so the price falls continuously due to miners selling and in the medium term everybody loses interest (the devs too) and the coin slowly falls into oblivion. darkcoin was just in a few hands and when they decided to squeeze it they could manage it easily. I bet the price is still rigged up there with the complicity of some exchange. sooner or later it will fall again (like happened to quark).
legendary
Activity: 1202
Merit: 1015
during the next btc rally, altcoins will also start to get pumped by new users once they find btc too expensive, naturally. anonymity is an issue new users will definitely be considering. i know this is anc thread and people here might find this bias. but. in your own (unbias) opinion, when new users confronted with all the choice of anonymous coins, which one do you think they will most probably go for? there are tons of them now:

(arranged by market cap)

darkcoin - strong community, though i think is overvalued. many miners switched to it due to cooler x11 algo. many features in the pipeline.
blackcoin - proof of stake. i believe that principle has no future since it sounds like a ponzi when early adopters have huge advantage. not many people will invest into those sort of coins. still, people fall for them.
monero - still very early in development. command line wallet. decentralised exchange in the pipeline.
neutrino - another coin with tor implemented into it.
quora - proof of stake. possible zerocoin.
cryptcoin - yet another one.
cloakcoin - proof of stake. bottom price at the moment.
razor - another tor coin. being heavily mined at the moment.
anoncoin - the first anonymous coin. i have most hopes for it. as of now i believe is undervalued. strong network. i2p. unfortunately community is rather stagnant now. lots of people still dont know about it.

and thats not including the fact that bitcoin itself might include zerocoin feature in future. i believe that more coins will be created soon as anonymous coins provide more technological advancements over the rest, and this is what market wants today. these projects will be developed further but i cant see at the moment which one will prove itself as the most useful one. when it comes to investment (off shore) then people will consider the one with largest market cap. i believe proof of stake coins have no future. anoncoin has powerful network but low market cap. maybe it could prove itself as a more riskier investment but the one that attracts more technical users. in the days when bitcoin becomes commonplace and identities of btc wallet addresses will start to get known, these coins will prove themselves useful in the realm of anonymous marketplaces. but for now i believe that new users need to see a clear roadmap and constant development from creators to be attracted to anc.

if you have any more comments regarding the mentioned coins please share.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
The RSA UFO project is starting soon! Please send me your nicks and public keys if you have cores to spare and want to be a part of history. Cheesy

https://pay.reddit.com/r/Anoncoin/comments/28vlt0/the_rsa_ufo_project_is_starting_soon_send_me_your/

Also, I know I have not replied to a lot of messages here, and privately; I've been too busy coding! I will get to them soon.
Activity: 527
Who needs 500$ and sell now when devs are very active Huh

https://github.com/Anoncoin/ufo_client/commits?author=Gnos1s

Their loss. Price seems to recover fast every time someone sells so they are selling at bottom prices. Good time for the rest of us to grab some more coins.

The price is almost the same when someone sell or buy, fast go back to price before.
Market is small but strong.

I think UFO client is done, and I'm very happy to see. Can't wait to see some published news, and reaction of public!

I hope Drk fans watching and thinking of buying, not just dumping like this 500$ sell  : )

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

Their loss. Price seems to recover fast every time someone sells so they are selling at bottom prices. Good time for the rest of us to grab some more coins.
Activity: 527

BigVern @cryptsy
We have corrected the issue with ANC withdrawals. We apologize for any delays

So... is it fixed, now?

I tried a new withdraw now to confirm again. Yes it's fixed  Cheesy
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Lean into the curves.
BigVern @cryptsy

So... is it fixed, now?
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Does anyone know whats up with the OS X wallet? On anoncoin.net there is only a "404 Not Found" error.

The download link has been corrected. You can now download the OS X wallet.

Thanks for the fast response! I appreciate the help
Does anyone know whats up with the OS X wallet? On anoncoin.net there is only a "404 Not Found" error.

The download link has been corrected. You can now download the OS X wallet.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
AnonCoin is now available on

ANC/BTC: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/ANC/BTC
ANC/LTC: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/ANC/LTC
ANC/DOGE: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/ANC/DOGE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why you should choose Bleutrade

• Trade Crypto2Crypto • Real-time Trading • Low Fees • Hundreds of trades per minute • Resistant to DDOS attacks
• Trade 66 cryptocurrencies • Possibility to trade 2145 pairs • Decentralized storage • 95% Cold storage wallet
• Light as a feather system • Encrypted SSL connection • Real-time backup • Fast support (Less than 1 hour)
• Two-Factor Authentication (Google)...

Register on Bleutrade Now!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
I asked on IRC today about the current estimates, this is what he said:
Code:
[00:22]   TheKoziTwo: ZC is probably 4 weeks away from testnet
[00:22] the UFO server is probably a day or two away
BigVern @cryptsy
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
I came to conclusion, that all coins with just one single dev suck and fail.

Means for Gnosis/Anoncoin build a team now or GTFO.
legendary
Zerocoin could feasibly be implemented now then? It's done being "Developed" ?
No, the implementation is not finished. That's what Gnosis needs until 10th of July for.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Zerocoin could feasibly be implemented now then? It's done being "Developed" ?
legendary
Craptsy is corrupt by DRK fans Smiley    

but ANC will survive! Next month ANC price will be Drk x2
NACK, ZeroCoin will first be on testnet, not mainnet! After testing, it will be integrated into mainnet.

testnet, mainnet,  ANC is UP

K1773R  , please translate in few words , if you can, tnx

https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/commit/234b25a21765e21ca723fde2bb471285f1b01092

Nice, can we betatest? How long do you plan testrun on testnet?
This is all we know atm:
Code:
[23:12]   myeagleflies: I am aiming for July 10 for getting it on the testnet
[23:13] probably not much longer before it's on mainnet
[source]

What does this mean?
Well, Gnosis estimates that he will be ready to start beta testing zerocoin on July 10th and not much longer after that it should be ready to be launched in anoncoin. That being said, a few estimations was made earlier (on their blog as well as twitter) and both of these passed with no explanation of hold up etc, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

NACK, ZeroCoin will first be on testnet, not mainnet! After testing, it will be integrated into mainnet.

https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/commit/234b25a21765e21ca723fde2bb471285f1b01092

This is all we know atm:
Code:
[source]

What does this mean?
legendary

This is all we know atm:
Code:
[source]
Jump to: