Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 186. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
How far away is Zerocoin implementation? ETA?

In Approx 15 days. To be released in testnet for test purpose. And will be released in Anoncoin main network after that.

Approx 15 days? Seems very soon. What is left to do? IMO if targets like this are not met the price suffers.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
जगत् िमत

In Approx 15 days. To be released in testnet for test purpose. And will be released in Anoncoin main network after that.
Activity: 16
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
जगत् िमत
Added UFO Client installation instructions for ubuntu in new wiki page : http://anoncoin.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_install_UFO_Client_to_generate_RSA_UFOs

Please add instructions for other OS like MAC Os , if you have experience.
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Finally to see some moves!
Like I say before, I can't imagine what will be in few weeks when more btc get in the game,
and when more drk fans will realize that we have first truly anon coin!
Activity: 41
I have listed your coin already.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
so if most developers bailed out and only one is working on this as of now. is it possible for community to attract other programmers to work on this? 6000anc is not a small amount, also community can chip in to this. its clear that whoever gets first to zerocoin strikes gold immediatly. plus the oldest blockchain, fair distribution, strong network. all this can make this coin a dominating one among anonimous range coins. it would be nice to know for sure whether developers got other things to do or working on this one. many of us still mining it. could be total waste of electricity.
i can confirm that atleast 2 are working on ANC currently
legendary
Activity: 1202
Merit: 1015
Zerocash is 3-6 months off, I don't know any others.

There is no others. But there have been a few scammers copying the files from github and then claiming to work on it. Standard pump and dump scams.

is that cloakcoin you on about?
legendary
so if most developers bailed out and only one is working on this as of now. is it possible for community to attract other programmers to work on this? 6000anc is not a small amount, also community can chip in to this. its clear that whoever gets first to zerocoin strikes gold immediatly. plus the oldest blockchain, fair distribution, strong network. all this can make this coin a dominating one among anonimous range coins. it would be nice to know for sure whether developers got other things to do or working on this one. many of us still mining it. could be total waste of electricity.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
but which coin in your opinion would be the most attractive to somebody who is new to this?
The problem is that most people don't do the research: None of the altcoins you listed are truly anonymous (even anoncoin today is not anonymous). For the most part, they are at best just using fancy ways to mix transactions to make it harder, but not impossible, to figure out transaction linkages. The best solution doesn't always win on the open market, as the rise of DRK attests.

Zerocoin and Zerocash are the only solutions that I am aware of that provide 100% provable anonymity, and Anoncoin will probably be the first to implement zerocoin. So, to answer your question: Anoncoin is the most attractive for not only provable anonymity, but because it's price is currently in the gutter...

there are quite few coins claiming to implement zerocoin right now. anoncoin absolutely must do it first in order to somehow recover. if other project gets there first somehow then its pretty much over. is there any way to at least find out how much zerocoin feature been done so far or at least hints on its finalisation?
Exactly. ANC is a hit or miss atm. Current estimation is about 4 weeks: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7425706 - but we have no way to tell if that is going to happen or not, previous estimates of launch in late march/early april failed to emerge. (and this is only for the test net)

what about other projects? they have estimates?
There are only two options at this point: Anoncoin's implementation of the original Zerocoin protocol, or Zerocash, which is a modified version of Zerocoin. Other altcoins might fork these implementations later, but no other altcoin will beat these two to the finish line. Zerocash claims that they need between 2-5 months, but I think that they are being overly optimistic (just as was anoncoin....).
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
but which coin in your opinion would be the most attractive to somebody who is new to this?

The ones that have highest visibility (talk, advertisement, exchanges, coinmarketcap.org, etc) by the time they look for better-then-Bitcoin alternatives times the prospect of higher valuation and/or other features that may appeal to the potential investors (like anonymity, adoption, logo, etc.).
If their aim is to find a better speculation vehicle, the competition is broader then only among the anonymity minded coins.

In any case, user friendly GUI and use experience will definately help to attract fresh blood.
Activity: 779
Merit: 502

There is no others. But there have been a few scammers copying the files from github and then claiming to work on it. Standard pump and dump scams.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
legendary
The problem is that most people don't do the research: None of the altcoins you listed are truly anonymous (even anoncoin today is not anonymous). For the most part, they are at best just using fancy ways to mix transactions to make it harder, but not impossible, to figure out transaction linkages. The best solution doesn't always win on the open market, as the rise of DRK attests.

Zerocoin and Zerocash are the only solutions that I am aware of that provide 100% provable anonymity, and Anoncoin will probably be the first to implement zerocoin. So, to answer your question: Anoncoin is the most attractive for not only provable anonymity, but because it's price is currently in the gutter...

there are quite few coins claiming to implement zerocoin right now. anoncoin absolutely must do it first in order to somehow recover. if other project gets there first somehow then its pretty much over. is there any way to at least find out how much zerocoin feature been done so far or at least hints on its finalisation?
Exactly. ANC is a hit or miss atm. Current estimation is about 4 weeks: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7425706 - but we have no way to tell if that is going to happen or not, previous estimates of launch in late march/early april failed to emerge. (and this is only for the test net)

what about other projects? they have estimates?
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

legendary

edit: i see 10th july. i hope once the testnet is through we have enough pr to get it advertised properly.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250

The RSA UFO project is starting soon! Please send me your nicks and public keys if you have cores to spare and want to be a part of history. Cheesy

https://pay.reddit.com/r/Anoncoin/comments/28vlt0/the_rsa_ufo_project_is_starting_soon_send_me_your/

Also, I know I have not replied to a lot of messages here, and privately; I've been too busy coding! I will get to them soon.

as before, Gnosis work by plan and on time  Wink

thanks for the news!!!
legendary
Jump to: