Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 184. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
It's true that we are a bit short-staffed (I and most of the other devs have full-time jobs). If anybody knows a developer who is interested in Zerocoin, forward him/her my way.

It would be useful for the dev to know at least one of these (but the more the better):

• C++ (especially bitcoin/litecoin/*coin clients)
  • cryptography (especially public key)
  • distributed computing

Just a status update: I am putting the finishing touches on the UFO server, which will talk to the UFO clients (source and instructions at https://github.com/Anoncoin/ufo_client ). I expect it to be ready by tomorrow at the latest.  Once again, if you want to participate and have CPU cores to spare, message me with your nick and pubkey, as described in the above instructions.  When this is up and running, I will return to working on libzerocoin improvements and integration with the Anoncoin wallet.

As for those concerned about price drops when deadlines are missed: I for one am thinking about the long haul, and I do not care at all about short-term speculators. When a working Zerocoin is released, the price will increase dramatically, and stay consistently high. If I try to rush this to meet a deadline, the quality will be sub-optimal. That's just how it is.

And pay no attention to those who say development has stopped on this. I have invested hundreds of hours of my time on this, and I am going to finish it even if it kills me.  Grin

I'm interesting in it.
How can I participate ?

Well, that depends. What are your skills?

I can fulfill all your requirement, and 1 month available.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
It's true that we are a bit short-staffed (I and most of the other devs have full-time jobs). If anybody knows a developer who is interested in Zerocoin, forward him/her my way.

It would be useful for the dev to know at least one of these (but the more the better):

• distributed computing

Just a status update: I am putting the finishing touches on the UFO server, which will talk to the UFO clients (source and instructions at https://github.com/Anoncoin/ufo_client ). I expect it to be ready by tomorrow at the latest.  Once again, if you want to participate and have CPU cores to spare, message me with your nick and pubkey, as described in the above instructions.  When this is up and running, I will return to working on libzerocoin improvements and integration with the Anoncoin wallet.

As for those concerned about price drops when deadlines are missed: I for one am thinking about the long haul, and I do not care at all about short-term speculators. When a working Zerocoin is released, the price will increase dramatically, and stay consistently high. If I try to rush this to meet a deadline, the quality will be sub-optimal. That's just how it is.

And pay no attention to those who say development has stopped on this. I have invested hundreds of hours of my time on this, and I am going to finish it even if it kills me.  Grin

I'm interesting in it.
How can I participate ?

Well, that depends. What are your skills?
[...]
Would it be possible to give a conservative, realistic estimate for when the Zerocoin testnet will be up an running? I think that most of us realize that software projects take longer than anticipated, and some of the discontent in this thread is based on the fact that previous estimates were, in retrospect, overly optimistic. If you could make a conservative estimate, and then multiply the time by two, that will shut many people up for awhile...
[...]

September 20th.

• distributed computing

I'm interesting in it.
How can I participate ?
Activity: 249
Merit: 250

• distributed computing

Gnosis, that's great to hear that the UFO client will be up and running tomorrow.

Would it be possible to give a conservative, realistic estimate for when the Zerocoin testnet will be up an running? I think that most of us realize that software projects take longer than anticipated, and some of the discontent in this thread is based on the fact that previous estimates were, in retrospect, overly optimistic. If you could make a conservative estimate, and then multiply the time by two, that will shut many people up for awhile...

And thanks for devoting your time to this. If there is anyway we can help out, just let us know. I know that money is not always the solution, but if it is a limiting factor, I am sure that many people would be willing to donate.

• distributed computing

Dear friends total 10 pages have been created on wiki page for Anoncoin. You can view them here : http://anoncoin.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Anoncoin
None of the articles can be taken as complete. So, please share your views & suggestions , and also i request to contribute there.
You can also suggest a few page or article ideas to be added there.

Hey, this helps a lot. Thanks! We might be able to find better hosting than wikia.com, though Smiley
Activity: 189
जगत् िमत
Update on Anoncoin Blockchain Explorer : http://ancblockchain.com/chain/Anoncoin
The block explorer is still unstable. I did not block googlebot completely, and the site goes down when googlebot hammers the site with multiple requests. New update in Abe Explorer code has not been added to get the scrypt policy working correct. These tasks will be completed within next one week.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.
*NOTE : I accept donations from community to create better services for Anoncoin, so its my duty to report progress details to the community .
Activity: 189
जगत् िमत
Dear friends total 10 pages have been created on wiki page for Anoncoin. You can view them here : http://anoncoin.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Anoncoin
None of the articles can be taken as complete. So, please share your views & suggestions , and also i request to contribute there.
You can also suggest a few page or article ideas to be added there.
Activity: 334
I know that FCN, QCN, and XMR  have their source code published, as does Anoncoin (and, of course, BTC). I wouldn't use any coin if it was closed-source. How would one know what you were running?

Here is my thinking regarding cn, especially bcn.

1) We know that bcn has been presented and marketed in a dishonest way. The premine or stealth mine was huge and there are lots of shills that are posting trying to pull people into buying bcn. It is a very elaborate hoax that took a considerable amount of time and ingenuity to develop.

2) Nevertheless, the crypto involved seems to be accepted as very sophisticated.

The people who developed cryptonote seem very obviously connected to bytecoin bcn. So they are some extremely bright people who have no hesitation to scam. The question then is where does the scam end?

Is cn good solid crypto invented to develop the bcn scam? In other words does the scam involving the cn people not involve cn itself, but only bcn?

Or did they manage to embed some weakness in cn that could later be exploited?

We already know that they will scam when they can, so the question really is "Were they able to create a cryptographic system that would withstand basic scrutiny, but in fact be dirty"? Is it possible to do that?

You're very weird. I've read your posts and it's either

1) You're foreign and can't speak English well...as I can't understand what you type most of the time
2) You're weird

Anyway, the cryptonote coins are open sourced, and full of cryptographers who check the source whenever a update is made. That can't be said for coins like Darkcoin, where darksend/masternodes are closed source so anything could be happening behind the scenes.

Ignore DARKOTA he is a troll who PUMPS and DUMPS - Look at his original thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658541.100

Then look here:

https://bitcointa.lk/threads/litecoin-is-officially-dead.331214/page-5

Troll on indeed:

http://coinmap.org/
www.uselitecoin.com

This thread is starting to show the true TROLL: I have been PM'ing everyone in this thread, some have even joined the Litecoin Talk forum because of this troll so i actually think its ok his lies - everyone is being PM'd this:

'Litecoin is dead'

Look at the original thread - he has deleted more than 40 posts from people supporting Litecoin, he is a troll who pumps and dumps
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
I know that FCN, QCN, and XMR  have their source code published, as does Anoncoin (and, of course, BTC). I wouldn't use any coin if it was closed-source. How would one know what you were running?

Here is my thinking regarding cn, especially bcn.

1) We know that bcn has been presented and marketed in a dishonest way. The premine or stealth mine was huge and there are lots of shills that are posting trying to pull people into buying bcn. It is a very elaborate hoax that took a considerable amount of time and ingenuity to develop.

2) Nevertheless, the crypto involved seems to be accepted as very sophisticated.

The people who developed cryptonote seem very obviously connected to bytecoin bcn. So they are some extremely bright people who have no hesitation to scam. The question then is where does the scam end?

Is cn good solid crypto invented to develop the bcn scam? In other words does the scam involving the cn people not involve cn itself, but only bcn?

Or did they manage to embed some weakness in cn that could later be exploited?

We already know that they will scam when they can, so the question really is "Were they able to create a cryptographic system that would withstand basic scrutiny, but in fact be dirty"? Is it possible to do that?

You're very weird. I've read your posts and it's either

1) You're foreign and can't speak English well...as I can't understand what you type most of the time
2) You're weird

Anyway, the cryptonote coins are open sourced, and full of cryptographers who check the source whenever a update is made. That can't be said for coins like Darkcoin, where darksend/masternodes are closed source so anything could be happening behind the scenes.
Activity: 850
Merit: 1000
It still wont offer anonymity comparable to Zerocash or Cryptonote...That's why the original Zerocoin devs abandoned it.

If it offers complete anonymity then what is the difference with that offered by cryptonote?

What concerns me about cryptonote is the developers. They have already engaged in one very elaborate hoax. Is it possible they have embedded something in that technology that will bite people?

Anoncoin developers are more trustworthy at least, even if they do not rush. When they started anoncoin they knew that they would be scrutinized and targeted by the people who threw Aaron Swartz over a cliff and used Sabu or whatever his name was to try to discredit a basic human value. There is no doubt whatsoever that the usg has people tasked with only trying to discredit the anonymous image or meme, and no doubt that they see anoncoin as a potential cutting edge. Still anoncoin developers do their work. I have bought small amounts of anoncoin at prices ranging I think from about 50 cents to around 8 dollars, if I,m not mistaken. If it were to drop to a penny I would continue buying and of course if it rises to $300 I will sell some as I am tired of sleeping in my car.

If you have information that there is a flaw in zero whatever that anoncoin is developing then please be specific. Otherwise it does just sound like you are marketing for another coin.

I'm a fan of both Anoncoin and *CN coins. As for the *CN devs "embedding something," the source code is publicly available at github for each coin, so as long as you're building from source (and examining the code, as I'm sure some of the users of the coin do), then no worries.

Anoncoin seems to be doing fine. People on here get frustrated because of the relative lack of involvement from the devs, but that doesn't mean the devs are careless or not working on this, since we know they are as evidenced by activity on github. If anything, it means the devs are doing what devs do best: developing. We just need to give them time to do what they do.
will others really make all source public?
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
'no block source - 55 weeks behind' .. wallet not syncing Does anyone have a solution of conf file nodes or any other solution. I already have the latest download from the Anon website. Pls help ?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/official-anoncoin-information-faq-description-thread-i2ptor-explained-mod-309716
Activity: 728
Merit: 504
'no block source - 55 weeks behind' .. wallet not syncing Does anyone have a solution of conf file nodes or any other solution. I already have the latest download from the Anon website. Pls help ?
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
It still wont offer anonymity comparable to Zerocash or Cryptonote...That's why the original Zerocoin devs abandoned it.

If it offers complete anonymity then what is the difference with that offered by cryptonote?

What concerns me about cryptonote is the developers. They have already engaged in one very elaborate hoax. Is it possible they have embedded something in that technology that will bite people?

Anoncoin developers are more trustworthy at least, even if they do not rush. When they started anoncoin they knew that they would be scrutinized and targeted by the people who threw Aaron Swartz over a cliff and used Sabu or whatever his name was to try to discredit a basic human value. There is no doubt whatsoever that the usg has people tasked with only trying to discredit the anonymous image or meme, and no doubt that they see anoncoin as a potential cutting edge. Still anoncoin developers do their work. I have bought small amounts of anoncoin at prices ranging I think from about 50 cents to around 8 dollars, if I,m not mistaken. If it were to drop to a penny I would continue buying and of course if it rises to $300 I will sell some as I am tired of sleeping in my car.

If you have information that there is a flaw in zero whatever that anoncoin is developing then please be specific. Otherwise it does just sound like you are marketing for another coin.

I'm a fan of both Anoncoin and *CN coins. As for the *CN devs "embedding something," the source code is publicly available at github for each coin, so as long as you're building from source (and examining the code, as I'm sure some of the users of the coin do), then no worries.

Anoncoin seems to be doing fine. People on here get frustrated because of the relative lack of involvement from the devs, but that doesn't mean the devs are careless or not working on this, since we know they are as evidenced by activity on github. If anything, it means the devs are doing what devs do best: developing. We just need to give them time to do what they do.
will others really make all source public?
Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

Probably because he's an Anoncoin bagholder that bought when it was $2. Zerocoin was also abandoned last I heard....Useless crap anyway.

You're absolutely wrong on Zerocoin, but I'll let you look that up for yourself ya dumbass scammer. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=256238

Scammer? I have no scam marks against me genius.

Show me otherwise that Zerocoin is Not abandoned.

Your profiles "Untrusted feedback" kinda tells a different story. Either way regarding your statement. Everyone knows that zerocoin was abandoned by the original developers who released the first whitepaper, then moved on to the new concept of zerocash which is a trust based setup. This is unacceptable to most users that require anonymity or invest in the product as infinite coins could be created, or their identities/transactions exposed by the devs.

Back on track. We are in fact developing zerocoin based on the whitepaper released and has been for months. This means we are tweking the original ideas but the concept is still the same, weeding out the issues that made them abandon it for zerocash. Adding our trustless setup makes it, at least at this time, unique as neither the users or dev team will be able to manipulate it.

You have no idea what are you talking about. Just kid who listens from other people said. Do you know Zerocoin devs name ? Do you know Zerocash devs name ? Or you know only "DARK Hard Fork and SCAM Coin" ?
Activity: 290
Probably because he's an Anoncoin bagholder that bought when it was $2. Zerocoin was also abandoned last I heard....Useless crap anyway.

You're absolutely wrong on Zerocoin, but I'll let you look that up for yourself ya dumbass scammer. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=256238

Your profiles "Untrusted feedback" kinda tells a different story. Either way regarding your statement. Everyone knows that zerocoin was abandoned by the original developers who released the first whitepaper, then moved on to the new concept of zerocash which is a trust based setup. This is unacceptable to most users that require anonymity or invest in the product as infinite coins could be created, or their identities/transactions exposed by the devs.

Back on track. We are in fact developing zerocoin based on the whitepaper released and has been for months. This means we are tweking the original ideas but the concept is still the same, weeding out the issues that made them abandon it for zerocash. Adding our trustless setup makes it, at least at this time, unique as neither the users or dev team will be able to manipulate it.

Not comparable because zerocoin with the trustless improvements will actually be better than zerocash. Grin zerocash will basically be at risk 24/7. If the devs lost control over their keys at any point it will likely crash and burn.

The original devs did not abandon zerocoin due to anonymity issues. They abandoned it for other reasons like blockchain bloat, and a few other issues that can actually be solved with a rather large amount of work put into it. In conclusion; you sir are talking shit and have clearly not read anything but scam coin propaganda. We welcome and encourage an open discussion in this thread, but please refrain from simply throwing around false statements without any source to back them up.
Activity: 527

You are a good guy who want to tell us the truth, or what your interests with these lies?
Why don't you walk through woods or do some exercise to relax.

You bought few btc for 600$ and now you are nervous on 570?? Or you sell them at first dump?

I bought ANC on 4.5$ and I'm not unhappy like you who do not have any ANC, and maybe do not have any coin..
Activity: 770

Jump to: