Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 183. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10
The UFO server is ready!

You'll need to do a "git pull && npm install" to update it and dependencies and then run it with "node . ~/ufo_config.yml" (or nodejs if you have it installed that way).

Cheesy

Will that generate new Key?

No, it uses the key you generated that's stored in ~/ufo_config.yml .
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
जगत् िमत
The UFO server is ready!

You'll need to do a "git pull && npm install" to update it and dependencies and then run it with "node . ~/ufo_config.yml" (or nodejs if you have it installed that way).

Cheesy
PMed you my new nick and pubkey via reddit.
जगत् िमत
The UFO server is ready!

Cheesy

Will that generate new Key?
The UFO server is ready!

Cheesy
Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Okay but if a person does not notice it, just sends the coins to a cold wallet, and never checks it or sends a ticket to cryptsy then they just lose? Will the coins eventually appear if no ticket is sent? Where are thrse coins going?

I think they periodically do audits to catch things like this (like every few weeks or so).

Let's see.

AnonCoin    ASrmjhb29xQqu45MST1MPcruhg1WkQS9td    213.79691608 ANC    Yes    2014-06-26 19:15:08
Processed    TrxID: 199ea7e24c2f29b73c5518e3f967a040540f282950d78d9c68bb66f641e91d6d @ 2014-06-26 19:20:12

Supposedly sent  3 days ago. Actually not yet sent.

http://altexplorer.net/address/ASrmjhb29xQqu45MST1MPcruhg1WkQS9td

I won't send a support ticket and see if it eventually arrives.

Definitely put a support ticket in unless you are ok waiting a couple weeks.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
tried to withdraw some anc from cryptsy 24 hrs ago, still pending. they are aware of the issue and trying to fix it. anyone else in the same situation?

Been like that for a few days now, many who's had the same experience. I got my ANC after 4 days.

It's been four days after being processed for me....and the last two emails I sent to support I haven't had any response at all.

At roughly the same time a few days ago I bought some anoncoin and sent it to two different wallets. One brand new wallet, where the coins arrived with no problem, and one anoncoin wallet I have had for a while, the coins have not shown up yet http://altexplorer.net/address/ASrmjhb29xQqu45MST1MPcruhg1WkQS9td

Similar issues have been posted about other coins recently, philosophersstone etc. There is a tx id on cryptsy but no coins.

That happens with cryptsy. You have to open a Support Ticket with them and include the TXID details. I have 2 open now for 2 different coins.

Okay but if a person does not notice it, just sends the coins to a cold wallet, and never checks it or sends a ticket to cryptsy then they just lose? Will the coins eventually appear if no ticket is sent? Where are thrse coins going?

I think they periodically do audits to catch things like this (like every few weeks or so).
Activity: 99
tried to withdraw some anc from cryptsy 24 hrs ago, still pending. they are aware of the issue and trying to fix it. anyone else in the same situation?

Been like that for a few days now, many who's had the same experience. I got my ANC after 4 days.

It's been four days after being processed for me....and the last two emails I sent to support I haven't had any response at all.

At roughly the same time a few days ago I bought some anoncoin and sent it to two different wallets. One brand new wallet, where the coins arrived with no problem, and one anoncoin wallet I have had for a while, the coins have not shown up yet http://altexplorer.net/address/ASrmjhb29xQqu45MST1MPcruhg1WkQS9td

Similar issues have been posted about other coins recently, philosophersstone etc. There is a tx id on cryptsy but no coins.

That happens with cryptsy. You have to open a Support Ticket with them and include the TXID details. I have 2 open now for 2 different coins.
जगत् िमत
Dear friends total 10 pages have been created on wiki page for Anoncoin. You can view them here : http://anoncoin.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Anoncoin
None of the articles can be taken as complete. So, please share your views & suggestions , and also i request to contribute there.
You can also suggest a few page or article ideas to be added there.

Hey, this helps a lot. Thanks! We might be able to find better hosting than wikia.com, though Smiley

@Gnosis- , Its great to see you active on the forum.  Smiley

If @meeh, can set up a wiki in subdomain like wiki.anoncoin.net. I can move all the articles there and we can have a nice ads free wiki section.  Grin
also, the forum at forum.anoncoin.net is very slow for some reason..
Is it possible to implement Cryptonote, DarkSend (if sources ever will opened), ZeroCoin and MeehChaosIdea (could someone explain what it is?) in one coin?

Probably. I actually don't know what MeehChaosIdea is, but Meeh could answer that if he's around.

Can be added native i2p routing through the tor?

Will it be in AnonCoin?

The first of these four to be added will be Zerocoin. After that, it may be possible to add something like Cryptonote, but research will be required.

To add DarkSend, it will have to be all of these:

• decentralized
  • secure (meaning it doesn't allow forgery or de-anonymization)
  • incentive-compatible

...and I have doubts about all three of these. To be honest, though, I haven't researched all of it, and it would be hard to do without either having the source or reverse engineering the binaries (which would be very time consuming).
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Is it possible to implement Cryptonote, DarkSend (if sources ever will opened), ZeroCoin and MeehChaosIdea (could someone explain what it is?) in one coin? Can be added native i2p routing through the tor? Will it be in AnonCoin?
P.S. Sorry for bad English.
Okay, troll, I'll bite just this one time.

[...]
Lol, too bad it's never gonna happen. There hasn't even been 1 commit on Github. The "devs" arent going to implement zerocoin, it was all talk.

As I said before, I've spent far too much time on this to abandon it. Most of my activity has been spent on the server for distributed RSA UFO generation (the "UFO server"). This is currently closed-source (to prevent gaming it), but will be opened up after generation is complete. Once generation starts, this aspect of the project will require minimal time, so I can return to Zerocoin development itself.

Not to mention, Cryptonote is more anonymous than zerocoin "would" be. Im 100% sure that zerocoin will never be made, why you may ask? Because it was abandoned by it's own devs.

I recently had some time to look at Monero (Cryptonote variant) and it appears that it is actually less anonymous. Transaction size is proportional to the number of outputs you mix with, while this is not the case for zerocoin.  This is aside from the fact that a lot of these "anonymous" currencies don't run over Tor/I2P (last time I checked, Darkcoin was "planning it" but was still running on clearnet).  This means all of their fancy crypto and algorithms do nothing against an attacker that can monitor people's Internet connections.

Zerocoin was abandoned by the JHU team that created it because they saw efficiency advantages to zk-SNARKs. The problem with those is that there is no known way they can be made fully trustless. Adding this is not a quick fix, but instead would require the kind of cryptographic breakthrough that only comes after years/decades.
Activity: 39
You can start by checking out the "zerocoin" branch of https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin and looking in src/libzerocoin . Try reading Tutorial.cpp to get an overall feel for how zerocoin works, then move on to understanding the rest of it. Most of that code was not written by me, by the way.

Curious, who wrote most of the zerocoin code?  I would imagine only a handful of programmers in this world have the right knowledge and skills to implement the zerocoin algorithm.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
[...]

I'm interesting in it.
How can I participate ?

Well, that depends. What are your skills?

I can fulfill all your requirement, and 1 month available.

You can start by checking out the "zerocoin" branch of https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin and looking in src/libzerocoin . Try reading Tutorial.cpp to get an overall feel for how zerocoin works, then move on to understanding the rest of it. Most of that code was not written by me, by the way.

We will need to integrate libzerocoin with Anoncoin:

• loading and saving zerocoins
  • pushing zerocoins into another wallet file (creating a new one if doesn't exist), and pulling them from another wallet file
  • updating the protocol
  • updating the blockchain format (both network and on disk)
  • the Qt GUI

Also join #anoncoin on either Freenode or Irc2P (preferred). I'm there more frequently than here.

When zerocoin is successfully implemented on Anoncoin, all the developers will be immortalized forever in bitcoin history -- the first to implement a truly anonymous coin.

Lol, too bad it's never gonna happen. There hasn't even been 1 commit on Github. The "devs" arent going to implement zerocoin, it was all talk.

Not to mention, Cryptonote is more anonymous than zerocoin "would" be. Im 100% sure that zerocoin will never be made, why you may ask? Because it was abandoned by it's own devs.
Activity: 39
[...]

I'm interesting in it.
How can I participate ?

• pushing zerocoins into another wallet file (creating a new one if doesn't exist), and pulling them from another wallet file
  • updating the protocol
  • the Qt GUI

Also join #anoncoin on either Freenode or Irc2P (preferred). I'm there more frequently than here.

When zerocoin is successfully implemented on Anoncoin, all the developers will be immortalized forever in bitcoin history -- the first to implement a truly anonymous coin.
WDL
Activity: 54
everyone has this problem with craptsy. pls use other exchanges.

I withdrew some anc ,processed  immediately.
Activity: 4

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
everyone has this problem with craptsy. pls use other exchanges.
Activity: 420
Merit: 251
Moon?

Activity: 556
Merit: 500
[...]

I'm interesting in it.
How can I participate ?

• updating the protocol
  • the Qt GUI

Jump to: