Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 208. (Read 530599 times)

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

To explain BroTroxer's response, it's not that it's "just a stack of bills" to us, it's that money cannot readily buy large chunks of time from people with full-time jobs and other responsibilities (unless it's a large enough amount to justify quitting). We would probably need to find new people to help out, and this itself takes time because we have to verify their trustworthiness as well as their competence in their area.

Is this offer still on the table?

Gnosis, my offer was:

I would like to support this coin by matching any donations from the community up to $5,000 if they are able to fully implement and launch a working version of the Zerocoin protocol before June 1st.

This is a reward to the developers, and an incentive for them to keep working on the coin.

Yes it's still on the table.
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
It is nice to see gnosis here, I hope to see more posts of you.

BroTroxer, you give good answer, but people are impatient.
And want to help. And the most of them here wants to help with donations.

So talk to the team, contact members on this forum, and make some plan for donations and way to invest them.

Activity: 290
Merit: 250
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Alincoln, this is a very generous offer. Smiley It will be much needed for PR stuff as like you said ANC need a complete overhaul in this respect. It is really sad such a good coin lose value vs darkcoin for instance for a lack of propaganda IMHO. The superior technology (ZC and full I2P integrated wallet) will win at the end I think but we just need to make people recognize the truely innovative coin!

What is needed is a professional propaganda team like Vertcoin. Your contributions to this noble cause will be I am sure very respected. Smiley Please just give more time before withdrawing your offer, Meeh and Gnosis are coding and do not take time checking this thread I think. Meeh's is not very good at PR, it is known since a long time. Probably to ask Brotoxer about what can be done to have a working PR team and how it can be set up efficiently would be the good way to act? Before giving donations some people shall be found and hired I think, and some plan for bounties sketched. If VTC team could do it with so much efficacy it is possible we achieve this to eventually IMHO. We are grateful to have two excellents devs already, now it cannot be so much harder to find a good PR man, can it? Wink

Please do not take the lack of answer as an insult, all the ANC community is very thankful for your offer.  Cheesy

I would like to support this coin by matching any donations from the community up to $5,000 if they are able to fully implement and launch a working version of the Zerocoin protocol before June 1st.

This is a reward to the developers, and an incentive for them to keep working on the coin.

Why is my offer being ignored? Is it too low to ANC devs or PR even care replying to?

I am not trolling. If you don't reply within 24 hours I will withdraw the offer.
I would be willing to contribute ANC to such a fund (but not USD, my resources are limited). I too was awaiting a response from the developers indicating that they were interested. Perhaps they are too busy with coding, which would be great Smiley

Regardless, I am finding it very disturbing that JackOfAll is still listed as the PR guy, especially since he doesn't even respond to his emails... Do the devs realize this? They are losing out on harnessing all the community interest in this coin.

Just to clarify, I did a fiat offer for practical purposes, as I'd really convert and donate ANC or BTC.

ANC might well succeed in the end but it needs a complete overhaul. The PR is terrible and they don't seem to care.

Why is my offer being ignored? Is it too low to ANC devs or PR even care replying to?

I am not trolling. If you don't reply within 24 hours I will withdraw the offer.
I would be willing to contribute ANC to such a fund (but not USD, my resources are limited). I too was awaiting a response from the developers indicating that they were interested. Perhaps they are too busy with coding, which would be great Smiley

Regardless, I am finding it very disturbing that JackOfAll is still listed as the PR guy, especially since he doesn't even respond to his emails... Do the devs realize this? They are losing out on harnessing all the community interest in this coin.

Just to clarify, I did a fiat offer for practical purposes, as I'd really convert and donate ANC or BTC.

ANC might well succeed in the end but it needs a complete overhaul. The PR is terrible and they don't seem to care.
Activity: 249

Activity: 448
What is the active repo+branch to be using for ANC?
Be careful of the heartbleed Bug!!!Very dangerous!!!!!

Only potentially dangerous to wallets if you run the wallet with JSON-RPC (not enabled by default), with rpcssl (not enabled by default), and remote computers allowed to connect (no remote allowed by default) to be able to leak any memory from the wallet.
WDL
Activity: 54
Be careful of the heartbleed Bug!!!Very dangerous!!!!!
Activity: 42
Hashing.AT

Proudly Presents

AnonCoin

We are OPEN for Business

1% - PPLNS - STRATUM - VARDIFF

ANC.Hashing.AT

http://i62.tinypic.com/2wh3zw3.png

2014 @ Hashing.AT

All Our Pool sites are located at our Local DataCenter

Every site is hosted on a Dedicated Server with 8 Cores, 16GB Ram & 10GB Connection to the internet with DDoS Protection.
WDL
Activity: 54
I am willing to be responsible for the translation of the website into Chinese,and I've been promoting  ANC  on Chinese network for some months.There is continued uncertainty for cryptocurrency exchanges in China,  but I think it is not a bad news, the increasingly hostile from the government will just strengthen  the advantage of ANC.
Dear developers:

Would it be possible to donate ANC to help fund PR/web-development/code-development/etc? If you were to put a donation address on the website, along with a description of what these funds would be used for in the blog, I am certain that I would not be the only person to pitch in.

There is going to be alot of competition among anonymous cryptocurrencies with the release of CryptoNote/ByteCoin(BCN)/Bitmonera etc. (and I don't include DRK...).

Donations would be great, but we should know where to spend the resources before accepting them.
Personally, I would use most of donations for the creation of "bounties", similar to what is done over at PPC:
http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?board=8.0

You could start with the following:

1. A bounty for someone updating the text on the official web page to describe the characteristics (and history) of the coin, including a brief description of the I2P and Zerocoin implementations.

2. A bounty for setting up an official chat forum on anoncoin.net (with the closing of this and other forums).

3. Creation of a promotional video.

4. Bounties for completion of the “in planning/development” tasks listed on the web site.

5. A reward for the creation of a new coin logo (via some form of competition).

6. Adding ANC to the faucet, allowing newbies to experiment with zerocoin transactions.

7. Translation of the website into Chinese (and other languages).

Also, you could pay someone to respond to the emails sent to [email protected] and [email protected], as well as other PR activities. Perhaps the financial backer of zerocoin already has this all under control, so please excuse me if I might seem a bit impatient.

Dear developers:

Would it be possible to donate ANC to help fund PR/web-development/code-development/etc? If you were to put a donation address on the website, along with a description of what these funds would be used for in the blog, I am certain that I would not be the only person to pitch in.

There is going to be alot of competition among anonymous cryptocurrencies with the release of CryptoNote/ByteCoin(BCN)/Bitmonera etc. (and I don't include DRK...).

Donations would be great, but we should know where to spend the resources before accepting them.
Dear developers:

Jump to: