Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 97. (Read 530606 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

You seem to have solved it, now he knows what to do?

Still, perhaps the following might help?  Cryptsy, are you ever looking at the error reports of your (failed) RPC commands? If the error is "{"code":-4,"message":"Transaction too large"}", then I might once have encountered a not un-comparable problem, when I tried to send coins aggregated from thousands of p2pool mining micropayments. Have a look at my error description, and how (unelegantly) I solved it back then:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5399167 "sendmany.sh"  -Sometimes analogous cases help to find your way out  Wink

Yes, reward me, please :-)
BTC 1JLKNFxKjkU3YsLs38y4e672iWiXBeFYP3
[ANC] ATAgJzuA7djZ8DijQPqtNieAughLPaFaa2
thx.

Yes the problem is we never get that message. We work those errors into our scripts if encountered but the daemon isnt presenting us with any warning. It happily sends the transaction and reports all is well

We do not send rawtransactions

All withdrawals are processed via "sendtoaddress"
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
nothing is showing up on the blockchain. It has been 2 hours since I requested my withdrawal.

It lasts 2-10 hours right now, until the next block in a SLOW phase is mined.
See #3404 (and #3462 Smiley )

Just wait. Keep an eye on the block explorer if you are impatient. Study the difficulty column.

Wink

Thanks for the reply!

New blocks have arrived! Your transaction should be showing up now
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
Feathercoin hardforks to NeoScrypt after their block 432,000 which should be around October the 24th.  So maybe we can have a GPU biased auxPoW chain in the myriad.  Vertcoin is also moving hashing algorithms from Scrypt-N to Lyra2 later in the year.  While Vertcoin is the only network that I know of that is committed to staying GPU biased.  So would make a good addition to Anoncoins auxPoW myriad chains.  The other three could be Scrypt for merged-ming with Litecoin plus Dogecoin and to keep the current Anoncoin miners on board.  Then Cryptonight for merged-mining with Monero and potentially Fantomcoin or MonetaVerde for CPU biased plus GPU mining(currently only Nvidia cards have an opensource miner).  And Primes algo for merged-mining with Primecoin for CPU biased and GPU mining.  They're the five chains I'd like to see although if you really wanted to push it to seven chains.  Then SHA256D and Keyack could be included to also merge-mine with Bitcoin and Maxcoin.  Then four of the seven auxPoW chains would need to be controlled to perform a 51% attack or similar on Anoncoin.  Although seven chains may push the block rewards on each auxPoW chain a bit thin and maybe discourage some large pools on the other networks from adopting Anoncoin.

On another note does anyone know when the first ANC block reward halving takes place and have a graph of the emissions curve.  Plus I'm not a big fan of the PoS model at all although Etherum's new hybrid PoW and PoS model could potentially be very interesting.  DPoS currently looks the most interesting form of PoS in my opinion.  If Anoncoin was to ever consider implementing PoS.  While Peercoin's model of rewarding active full nodes helps to secure and promote a healthy network plus prevents a Sybil attack from easily taking place.  Although this does make Peercoin slightly inflationary in design.
Activity: 177
Invest in your future.
nothing is showing up on the blockchain. It has been 2 hours since I requested my withdrawal.

Just wait. Keep an eye on the block explorer if you are impatient. Study the difficulty column.

Wink

Thanks for the reply!
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
see my profile

Wink
Activity: 177
Invest in your future.
So due to volume I wanted to transfer my Anoncoins from Bittrex back to Cryptsy. Now it seems Bittrex has "confirmed" my withdrawal, but nothing is showing up on the blockchain. It has been 2 hours since I requested my withdrawal.

As I read above (stupidly I read more of this thread after my withdrawal) it seems that bigger transactions are struggling to get through
I lack knowledge when it comes to techs & specifications. Is this problem solved/being solved?

Sorry for bothering ;-)

Thanks in advance,

Clyze
WDL
Activity: 54
Merit: 0

I'd like to correct a couple of misunderstandings regarding Darkcoin in your otherwise outstanding PR material.

First, you say that DarkSend is a mixing service. It's not a service, it's a decentralized offchain mixing implementation.

Secondly, you say that with blockchain analysis software, it is easy to deanonymize transactions that have been mixed using these services (which include DarkSend). But because DarkSend mixing is done offchain, it actually cannot be deanonymized by analyzing the blockchain. Whereas with enough computing power (quantum computers, or unexpected advances in math), onchain anonymized blockchains (zerocoin, cryptonote, zerocash) can be deanonymized. In that sense DarkSend is future proof.

Hi, I'm not trying to start any flamewar here or disparage DRK in any way (I am a prominent member of the darkcoin community after all).  But I need to respond to this post in the interest of defending the facts.  It is absolutely 100% incorrect to say that Darksend mixing occurs offchain.  It happens 100% onchain and I have spent many hours analyzing the Darksend transactions on the blockchain during DRKs early development and communicating with Evan about how to improve the process. I think DRK does a good job of anonymizing transactions, but they are still onchain and they could potentially be de-anonymized via taint analysis under certain circumstances - read Kristov's analysis for further details. DRK is an excellent coin IMO, but your statement above is inaccurate. The best way to describe DRKs mixing is "a decentralized multi-step mixing service".

Absolutely no flamewar wanted or needed - and I'm happy being proven wrong, that's when learning happens the best.

However, we don't have an established terminology yet I guess, so imo what offchain vs onchain anonymization means is:

offchain anonymization = correlation between inputs and outputs does not exist in the blockchain
onchain anonymization = correlation between inputs and outputs does exist in the blockchain, but is hidden by using cryptography (method of hiding could be ring signatures, or zerocoin)

I noticed that off chain tec which depends on gateway transfer had been developed by some devs, it is not a mystery,and in fact the gateway technology can also be analyzed,everything is mathematics,so I prefer to trust Zerocoin which holds zero-knowledge proof .
Activity: 966

I'd like to correct a couple of misunderstandings regarding Darkcoin in your otherwise outstanding PR material.

First, you say that DarkSend is a mixing service. It's not a service, it's a decentralized offchain mixing implementation.

Secondly, you say that with blockchain analysis software, it is easy to deanonymize transactions that have been mixed using these services (which include DarkSend). But because DarkSend mixing is done offchain, it actually cannot be deanonymized by analyzing the blockchain. Whereas with enough computing power (quantum computers, or unexpected advances in math), onchain anonymized blockchains (zerocoin, cryptonote, zerocash) can be deanonymized. In that sense DarkSend is future proof.

Hi, I'm not trying to start any flamewar here or disparage DRK in any way (I am a prominent member of the darkcoin community after all).  But I need to respond to this post in the interest of defending the facts.  It is absolutely 100% incorrect to say that Darksend mixing occurs offchain.  It happens 100% onchain and I have spent many hours analyzing the Darksend transactions on the blockchain during DRKs early development and communicating with Evan about how to improve the process. I think DRK does a good job of anonymizing transactions, but they are still onchain and they could potentially be de-anonymized via taint analysis under certain circumstances - read Kristov's analysis for further details. DRK is an excellent coin IMO, but your statement above is inaccurate. The best way to describe DRKs mixing is "a decentralized multi-step mixing service".

Absolutely no flamewar wanted or needed - and I'm happy being proven wrong, that's when learning happens the best.

However, we don't have an established terminology yet I guess, so imo what offchain vs onchain anonymization means is:

offchain anonymization = correlation between inputs and outputs does not exist in the blockchain
onchain anonymization = correlation between inputs and outputs does exist in the blockchain, but is hidden by using cryptography (method of hiding could be ring signatures, or zerocoin)
Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Has a developer already answered this? I searched on the forum but did not find any response from them.
Furthermore, after reading all this forum, I have some basics questions:
- Why Gnosis want to remain anonymous? As I understood, he could create ANCs from nothing without no one knowing. People here don't care about this flaw?
- Why someone is mining all the ANC supply since weeks exploiting KGW bug and devs don't care? Why devs don't care that anoncoin became 100% centralized to a unknown solo miner?

What, you're back again?  lolz

Anyone who has actually read the thread already has read the answers to your tired-ass-failed diversions.

Yes, you should have bailed on whatever coin you are holding long ago, and jumped into ANC.  

It's still not too late.

+1
I think there is a good chance an anonymous currency will eventually be second to only bitcoin in market cap.

After Zerocoin, ANC has a good a chance as any to become the market leader for those who care about privacy.

We are still very early in the process. Most have not even heard of us yet
Activity: 182
I've been hearing comments on here about mining problems. I am thinking of moving my Anon Coins from Cryptsy to Bittrex, am I risking not having my coins transfer properly? Thanks in advance.

I have moved from and to cryptsy many times over the past few weeks and have had zero problems. The mining issue is just that we get stuck at high difficulty sometimes for a few hours because our diff. algo needs to be updated, the coins will arrive at their destination regardless.

Thanks, by the way this coin looks awesome, I've always been tempted ever since I heard you where implementing Zero coin, but have been skeptical. If you guys pull this off, this will be the anon coin to end all anon coins. If anybody deserves it, it's this coin. I believe you where the first Anon coin, before DarkCoin? I'm late to the party, but better late than sorry.

This was the first anon focused coin on bitcointalk. Technically Bytecoin may have been first, but it was not advertised here at the time and hardly anyone knew about it.

I agree that if zerocoin works as we hope this could quickly become the #1 anonymity focused coin.

Bytecoin (cryptonote) was more heavily premined than almost any PoW coin. That is why Monero has passed it in market cap despite launching much later using the same codebase.

My favorite cryptonote coin is Boolberry as it addresses blockchain bloat by pruning, and works with a more efficient algorithm than Monero.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Activity: 966

Activity: 41
If you guys, read my last posts and try to understand my allegations, you will see that I'm not here to troll but to help Anoncoin for the long run. I don't care about PumpnDump.
The greatest paradox is that you all want an anonymous currency because you don't trust the current banking system but at the same time you give your complete trust in Gnosis.

The RSA-UFO is a nonsense and I will explain you why in two different kind of views.
1) In simple words, the RSA problem is the possibility of reversing the encryption function. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA_problem
To make things more difficult, Gnosis removed the small factors with the RSA-UFO project to increase the probability to have two large prime numbers but all is based on probabilities and actual computational capabilities. It will be just a question of time to someone break these 13 RSA UFOs and generate infinite ANC. Source: https://wiki.anoncoin.net/RSA_UFO
I know Gnosis alleged that he will generate long RSA-UFOs to avoid this problem but the computational capabilities evolve very fast and we can't create a strong system based on probabilities and assumptions.

2) Ok, now I consider that you trust the RSA encryption and you believe it would take decades to break. But what if Gnosis genereate these 13 RSA-UFOs by himself to know the two prime factors P and Q?
There is no way to setup the accumulators without trusting someone (in our case Gnosis). Gnosis can tell us he will use the trustless RSA-UFO system to generate the 13 RSA-UFOs but we can't be sure that he will really use it. If he generate them by himself, he will be able to create infinite ANC from nothing. I don't think it's necessary to explain the consequences of such an event.

Even if you trust in the good faith of Gnosis, there is an high risk to let an inexperienced person do this work. If there is any mistake or if he don't destroy correctly and physically all datas about this generation, someone could use it against ANC in the future and totally discredit or destroy ANC.

In conclusion, the implementation of zerocoin is doomed to failure because of the problems I described.
For a strong future, ANC have much more to improve than implement Zerocoin like I said in my last post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/official-anoncoin-chat-thread-including-history-227287

Now, if the only things sheep care is the PumpnDump to make dollars, then good luck and be fast because when people will realize, the dump will be hard.

EDIT: @ WDL: Yes I'm concerned to the ANC project because I hold still a big quantity of ANC.
EDIT2: If you don't trust me, ask Meeh. I know he agreed with these facts about RSA and Gnosis. Meeh is certainly able to create his own white paper and add a real anonymous value to ANC.

Has a developer already answered this? I searched on the forum but did not find any response from them.
- Why Gnosis want to remain anonymous? As I understood, he could create ANCs from nothing without no one knowing. People here don't care about this flaw?
- Why someone is mining all the ANC supply since weeks exploiting KGW bug and devs don't care? Why devs don't care that anoncoin became 100% centralized to a unknown solo miner?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_en3tE7aKwk8/S7TucNUNoZI/AAAAAAAABvQ/uGCva0euqBY/s1600/funny+elvis+the+king.jpg
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com
New accounts made to spread FUD and act superior? At least use your real anonymous Bitcointalk.org ID so we can see the other coins you really represent, or nobody will take you seriously. If Anoncoin is successful, and they very well might be, I suspect your coin(s) will be going down no matter how hard people troll. With the promise of perfect anonymity, releasing right around the time FINCEN is talking about more regulation, you have to be really nuts not to have at least a little ANC.

"What, you're back again?  lolz

Anyone who has actually read the thread already has read the answers to your tired-ass-failed diversions.

Yes, you should have bailed on whatever coin you are holding long ago, and jumped into ANC. 

It's still not too late."

Exactly, it is still not too late.
Activity: 126
Lean into the curves.

What, you're back again?  lolz

It's still not too late.
Activity: 15
If you guys, read my last posts and try to understand my allegations, you will see that I'm not here to troll but to help Anoncoin for the long run. I don't care about PumpnDump.
The greatest paradox is that you all want an anonymous currency because you don't trust the current banking system but at the same time you give your complete trust in Gnosis.

The RSA-UFO is a nonsense and I will explain you why in two different kind of views.
1) In simple words, the RSA problem is the possibility of reversing the encryption function. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA_problem
To make things more difficult, Gnosis removed the small factors with the RSA-UFO project to increase the probability to have two large prime numbers but all is based on probabilities and actual computational capabilities. It will be just a question of time to someone break these 13 RSA UFOs and generate infinite ANC. Source: https://wiki.anoncoin.net/RSA_UFO
I know Gnosis alleged that he will generate long RSA-UFOs to avoid this problem but the computational capabilities evolve very fast and we can't create a strong system based on probabilities and assumptions.

2) Ok, now I consider that you trust the RSA encryption and you believe it would take decades to break. But what if Gnosis genereate these 13 RSA-UFOs by himself to know the two prime factors P and Q?
There is no way to setup the accumulators without trusting someone (in our case Gnosis). Gnosis can tell us he will use the trustless RSA-UFO system to generate the 13 RSA-UFOs but we can't be sure that he will really use it. If he generate them by himself, he will be able to create infinite ANC from nothing. I don't think it's necessary to explain the consequences of such an event.

Even if you trust in the good faith of Gnosis, there is an high risk to let an inexperienced person do this work. If there is any mistake or if he don't destroy correctly and physically all datas about this generation, someone could use it against ANC in the future and totally discredit or destroy ANC.

In conclusion, the implementation of zerocoin is doomed to failure because of the problems I described.
For a strong future, ANC have much more to improve than implement Zerocoin like I said in my last post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/official-anoncoin-chat-thread-including-history-227287

Now, if the only things sheep care is the PumpnDump to make dollars, then good luck and be fast because when people will realize, the dump will be hard.

EDIT: @ WDL: Yes I'm concerned to the ANC project because I hold still a big quantity of ANC.
EDIT2: If you don't trust me, ask Meeh. I know he agreed with these facts about RSA and Gnosis. Meeh is certainly able to create his own white paper and add a real anonymous value to ANC.

Activity: 158
I've been hearing comments on here about mining problems. I am thinking of moving my Anon Coins from Cryptsy to Bittrex, am I risking not having my coins transfer properly? Thanks in advance.

I have moved from and to cryptsy many times over the past few weeks and have had zero problems. The mining issue is just that we get stuck at high difficulty sometimes for a few hours because our diff. algo needs to be updated, the coins will arrive at their destination regardless.

Thanks, by the way this coin looks awesome, I've always been tempted ever since I heard you where implementing Zero coin, but have been skeptical. If you guys pull this off, this will be the anon coin to end all anon coins. If anybody deserves it, it's this coin. I believe you where the first Anon coin, before DarkCoin? I'm late to the party, but better late than sorry.

This was the first anon focused coin on bitcointalk. Technically Bytecoin may have been first, but it was not advertised here at the time and hardly anyone knew about it.

I agree that if zerocoin works as we hope this could quickly become the #1 anonymity focused coin.

Bytecoin (cryptonote) was more heavily premined than almost any PoW coin. That is why Monero has passed it in market cap despite launching much later using the same codebase.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Activity: 182

Pages:
Jump to: