Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 141. (Read 5805527 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
What is a triple equal sign mean? I would have thought if(client==false) then return a 0 or a 1 and then another statement to check the return with a message if you get a failed to start error since in the code you gave you don't have a message specified.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hi, I'm having trouble getting one of the API commands to work..
All other commands I've tried and used work perfectly but I cannot get the 'zero' command to work?

zero|Which,true/false (*)  none          
There is no reply section just the STATUS section
stating that the zero, and optional summary, was done

If Which='all', all normal cgminer and API statistics will be zeroed other than the numbers displayed by the usbstats and stats commands
If Which='bestshare', only the 'Best Share' values
are zeroed for each pool and the global 'Best Share'
The true/false option determines if a full summary is shown on the cgminer display like is normally displayed on exit.

How do I specify what to zero using the 'which' parameter?
I've tried:
cgminer('zero|which=all',false);
cgminer('zero|which="all"',false);
cgminer('zero|all',false);
cgminer('zero',which=all,false);
cgminer('zero',all,false);

and probably all other variants of that.. From what I can make out, all other commands only have one parameter and work fine, like restart or switchpool etc..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I should mention I'm using MinePeon on the Raspberry Pi and the 'cgminer' function above is this:
Code:
function cgminer($command, $parameter) {

$command = array (
                "command"  => $command,
                "parameter" => $parameter
        );

$jsonCmd = json_encode($command);

$host = "127.0.0.1";
        $port = 4028;

$client = @stream_socket_client("tcp://$host:$port", $errno, $errorMessage);

if ($client === false) {
                return false;
        }
        fwrite($client, $jsonCmd);
        $response = stream_get_contents($client);
        fclose($client);
        $response = preg_replace("/[^[:alnum:][:punct:]]/","",$response);
        $response = json_decode($response, true);
        return $response;
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Yes, btcguild is a separate bug, sorry. BTCguild is the only pool that uses the redirect feature in stratum which was added blindly a long time ago when stratum support was first added and no pool used it. Cgminer's implementation is unfortunately buggy and the only workaround till I can fix it is to connect directly to btcguild's redirected url directly or use a different pool to avoid the crash.

I hope you figure this out quickly Wink .

I thought this was a hardware issue when I first saw this since my drillbit devices were that last thing to show errors before windows tried to close it.

I need's my btcGuild.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142
Ιntergalactic Conciliator
No. At the moment use the source and patch it , file driver-bitfury.c line 417

and what i have to edit in that line?

Code:
info->osc6_bits = 54;

you can change the frequency, default is 54

ok thanks! it works Smiley
Activity: 52
Hi,
My question is regarding the AMD SDK and Catalyst versions to be used with cgminer 3.7.2 for scrypt mining with HD6870 on win7 64bit.

I know that the right SDK and Catalyst versions are very important for the maximum hashrate. But the thing is that, since cgminer 3.7.2, newer versions of SDK and Catalyst have been released but cgminer's GPU support miscontinued with it's newer versions. So I'm not sure if the newest SDK and Catalyst versions are the best to use with the old(3.7.2) cgminer, or should I stick with the best known old versions?

From cgminer SCRYPT README
"The choice of driver version for your GPU is critical, as some are known to break scrypt mining entirely while others give poor hashrates."

From cgminer GPU-README
(regarding AMD SDK)"The best version for Radeon 5xxx and 6xxx is v2.5, while 7xxx cards need v2.6 or later, 2.7 seems the best."(there's v2.9 now)
Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
I have a breif functionality question.

I recently purchased an awesome 7990 for scrypt mining (and gaming) but I am running into issues using my win7 OS when mining at full capacity (as expected). Previously I owned a GTX 560 Ti GPU which ran everything perfectly. My main question is: is it possible to reconnect my GTX 560 (I've currently unplugged it) to run my desktop and other menial tasks while keeping my 7990 dormantly mining through CGminer?

This way I can still use my 560 to watch online video's, while my 7990 is hashing away. Possible? I've had a good look around but can not find the code needed for this.

I see nothing preventing you from doing this. I guess you will find documentation saying that mixing AMD and nVidia drivers is not a good idea. I did it on one of my rig, and the only issue that I had was with the initial GPU detection, i.e. I had to go with the nVidia card alone first, install drivers, then add the AMD card, (re)install Radeon drivers, and then it worked.

Of course, use the -d switch with cgminer where is your AMD device ID (cgminer will use all GPUs by default)
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
learn how to use the quote function.
Quoting the OP was not even necessary for the question you asked.

Regards
Everyone
Yes but at least we know he can find the OP Smiley
Since they let the Newbies out we can expect all kinds of crappy first posts.
[/sigh]
Activity: 490
Merit: 501

Regards
Everyone

Since they let the Newbies out we can expect all kinds of crappy first posts.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I have a breif functionality question.

I recently purchased an awesome 7990 for scrypt mining (and gaming) but I am running into issues using my win7 OS when mining at full capacity (as expected). Previously I owned a GTX 560 Ti GPU which ran everything perfectly. My main question is: is it possible to reconnect my GTX 560 (I've currently unplugged it) to run my desktop and other menial tasks while keeping my 7990 dormantly mining through CGminer?

This way I can still use my 560 to watch online video's, while my 7990 is hashing away. Possible? I've had a good look around but can not find the code needed for this.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Regards
Everyone

lol
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself

Regards
Everyone

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Shitloads of redundant text.

Hello,

I am running cgminer 3.7.2 on Mac Book Pro Mac OSX 10.5 and get following error "dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022 Trace/BPT Trap".
I know its an old version of Mac machine but its lying unused and want to start GPU mining with this.

Help appreciated.

Regards
Kamyb

Hello,

FOR FUCK'S SAKE, learn how to use the quote function.

Regards
Everyone
Activity: 115
Yes, btcguild is a separate bug, sorry. BTCguild is the only pool that uses the redirect feature in stratum which was added blindly a long time ago when stratum support was first added and no pool used it. Cgminer's implementation is unfortunately buggy and the only workaround till I can fix it is to connect directly to btcguild's redirected url directly or use a different pool to avoid the crash.

I can confirm this bug, but for me this appears seldom.

I also have problems with another pool: http://elizium.name/ (p2pool). After minutes I get: ./cgminer: double free or corruption (!prev): 0x0a01f120 *** with backtrace.

Activity: 109
Hello,

I am running cgminer 3.7.2 on Mac Book Pro Mac OSX 10.5 and get following error "dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022 Trace/BPT Trap".
I know its an old version of Mac machine but its lying unused and want to start GPU mining with this.

Help appreciated.

Regards
Kamyb
GPU mining requires OpenCL which wasn't added to Mac OS X until 10.6.  You may be able to mine with USB-based devices on your 10.5 machine though.
Activity: 4
Activity: 1246

Thanks. Smiley
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Activity: 1246
Turns out that 3.10.0 is crashing on the nanofury after a random period of time. Even on a separate linux box with nothing else connected.

I'm seeing the same.  2xNanofury and 1xBitburner Fury.  cgminer 3.10.0 just quits at random intervals.  Running on Debian Wheezy on BeagleBone Black, and same issue on Debian Wheezy on PC.  cgminer runs for days on the same machine when not running the Nanofurys.

You see this comment earlier: ?

There's a bug in the 3.10.0 release that crashes when a device is (effectively) unplugged that was fixed immediately after in git, so grab a git tarball from master or build from git.

Yes, I did thanks.  I'd recompiled from a fresh git clone. 

But, all that said, it looks like it might be an issue with BTCGuild.  cgminer only crashes when it's connecting to Guild, it's perfect on 3 other pools.   Problem has been reported on BTCGuild thread.
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 2634
Good day,

after a Raspberry Pi Update:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0
sudo apt-get install libudev-dev
sudo rpi-update
sudo reboot

I have problems with the stability from CgMiner 3.10.0 with the Antminer U1 with the "--icarus-timing long", before the update the Anminers run at 1,6 GH/s a whole week without problems?

The Pi hangup and only a supply out and in helps...

greets and thanks for the great work Wink
Activity: 792
Merit: 1000
Bite me
Ah, sorry to sound snarky then. I have had a long day and after checking this post I noticed the demotion, so may have reacted, instead of thinking things through more thoroughly.  So it is probably coincidence etc.  Anyways, the question I asked has since been clarified (a big bitcoin only on that one lol) So hopefully no one has taken offense, I was mayhaps a wee snippy as the reason I WAS asking was to be clear before making any posts, so as to keep anything on topic. Anyway, love cgminer, keep up the good work. Smiley
offtopic but
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/end-of-newbie-restrictions-ban-changes-423995 for demotion
Jump to: