Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 142. (Read 5805527 times)

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

asic and sha256 or asic and bitcoin only?
Altcoin discussion in here gets your post removed or deleted.

I didn't mention any altcoins, I asked a simple question. One that I thought was within the topic. Also, I noticed I was demoted from member to newbie after doing so. classy. anyway, I'll avoid this thread. Have a wonderful day. Happy hashing.
No one affiliated with this thread has the ability to delete posts from it or demote you so whatever you saw was pure coincidence. Only forum and global mods could possibly do that.

Ah, sorry to sound snarky then. I have had a long day and after checking this post I noticed the demotion, so may have reacted, instead of thinking things through more thoroughly.  So it is probably coincidence etc.  Anyways, the question I asked has since been clarified (a big bitcoin only on that one lol) So hopefully no one has taken offense, I was mayhaps a wee snippy as the reason I WAS asking was to be clear before making any posts, so as to keep anything on topic. Anyway, love cgminer, keep up the good work. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
Hey, I'm sorry for the missing log file and debugging etc. but I thought it was worth mentioning that:

ALL of my cgminer instances that were connected to BTC Guild, that is various versions from 3.0.x to the latest have crashed at the same time, approximately 06:31 GMT today 21 Jan 2014. I could see a "cannot parse output" and then a Segmentation Fault on the terminal just before crashing, while other instances just exited like they had received a SIGTERM, SIGKILL (or SIGSEGV?).

Even my Antminer S1 with factory built-in firmware running modified cgminer crashed, too. It also crashed on my KnC Miner, but this one is the only one that respawned automagically thanks to the init scripts and monitoring.

Has anyone else experienced this? I will cross-post it on BTC Guild topic. Thanks!
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/

I didn't mention any altcoins, I asked a simple question. One that I thought was within the topic. Also, I noticed I was demoted from member to newbie after doing so. classy. anyway, I'll avoid this thread. Have a wonderful day. Happy hashing.
No one affiliated with this thread has the ability to delete posts from it or demote you so whatever you saw was pure coincidence. Only forum and global mods could possibly do that.

erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Sorry for being nooby, but I am not generating any hashes:

Currently mining TAG coins. I entered stratum+tcp URL including my username and password. Any ideas?

CPU: AMD FX 8150
GPU: Nvidia 760 GTX

LMK.
cgminer after version 3.7.2 wont mine TAG or any other scrypt coins.

Activity: 331
Sorry for being nooby, but I am not generating any hashes:

Currently mining TAG coins. I entered stratum+tcp URL including my username and password. Any ideas?

CPU: AMD FX 8150
GPU: Nvidia 760 GTX

LMK.
erk

Which particular problem are you talking about now? The slowdown with erupters (chek2fire confirmed it worked better by running the erupter on a separate hub). Or the crashing at random intervals (which as I said is due to a bug in 3.10.0 from effectively unplugging of the device when conditions are flaky which is fixed in git post 3.10.0).

I took your advice and kept the nanofury away from other usb devices, but that didn't fix the crashing problem. My subsequent tests were with the nanofury alone and I used the usbutils.c file from github. Are there any other files I also needed to replace from github?

/EDIT
Ok, the plot thickens, the crash occurs after a stratum disconnect when the pool establishes contact again after a failover, normally you would get the testing stability message but it seg faults just before that gets displayed.

I tested it on a multi pool that does a short stratum disconnect every 20min when it coin switches, enough to trigger the failover.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I have a Ubuntu Linux server with all the current updates, running a variety of miners plugged into it on cgminer 3.10.0

I plugged a nanofury NF1 into a usb hub that has a few block erupters in it and the NF1 would only mine at just less than1GH/s.

I removed the block erupters and the NF1 started mining at full speed. Even if I add just one block erupter the NF1 instantly halves it's speed. The block erupter mines at full speed only the NF1 is effected, neither reports any errors that I can see.The power pack for the hub is 2.1Amps so it should be able to handle that, so I think it might be a conflict of some sort.
Erupters run at usb1.1 speed and protocol and perhaps are having some communication interaction making everything work in the same crap manner - depends greatly on how usb hubs manage different speed devices. Try them on separate hubs.
Turns out that 3.10.0 is crashing on the nanofury after a random period of time. Even on a separate linux box with nothing else connected. Same setup runs bfgminer fine.

I run cgminer in xubuntu 13.10 and with 1 in usb of laptop and the other nanofury in a anker usb hub and i have no crashing problems. In the same hub i have a bifury and a redfury and all run perfect.

How strange, I even tried editing the driver and reducing the number of bits in case it was being overclocked too much by default.
I have tried Ubuntu 13.10 (on two machines) and Scientific Linux 6.4 and they all do it, my Nanofury is an NF1 as designed by vs3
Which particular problem are you talking about now? The slowdown with erupters (chek2fire confirmed it worked better by running the erupter on a separate hub). Or the crashing at random intervals (which as I said is due to a bug in 3.10.0 from effectively unplugging of the device when conditions are flaky which is fixed in git post 3.10.0).
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142
Ιntergalactic Conciliator
I have a Ubuntu Linux server with all the current updates, running a variety of miners plugged into it on cgminer 3.10.0

I plugged a nanofury NF1 into a usb hub that has a few block erupters in it and the NF1 would only mine at just less than1GH/s.

I removed the block erupters and the NF1 started mining at full speed. Even if I add just one block erupter the NF1 instantly halves it's speed. The block erupter mines at full speed only the NF1 is effected, neither reports any errors that I can see.The power pack for the hub is 2.1Amps so it should be able to handle that, so I think it might be a conflict of some sort.
Erupters run at usb1.1 speed and protocol and perhaps are having some communication interaction making everything work in the same crap manner - depends greatly on how usb hubs manage different speed devices. Try them on separate hubs.
Turns out that 3.10.0 is crashing on the nanofury after a random period of time. Even on a separate linux box with nothing else connected. Same setup runs bfgminer fine.

I run cgminer in xubuntu 13.10 and with 1 in usb of laptop and the other nanofury in a anker usb hub and i have no crashing problems. In the same hub i have a bifury and a redfury and all run perfect.

How strange, I even tried editing the driver and reducing the number of bits in case it was being overclocked too much by default.
I have tried Ubuntu 13.10 (on two machines) and Scientific Linux 6.4 and they all do it, my Nanofury is an NF1 as designed by vs3

Maybe is the hub you are using?
erk

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142
Ιntergalactic Conciliator

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Turns out that 3.10.0 is crashing on the nanofury after a random period of time. Even on a separate linux box with nothing else connected.

I'm seeing the same.  2xNanofury and 1xBitburner Fury.  cgminer 3.10.0 just quits at random intervals.  Running on Debian Wheezy on BeagleBone Black, and same issue on Debian Wheezy on PC.  cgminer runs for days on the same machine when not running the Nanofurys.

You see this comment earlier: ?

There's a bug in the 3.10.0 release that crashes when a device is (effectively) unplugged that was fixed immediately after in git, so grab a git tarball from master or build from git.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
bfgminer wont overclock antminer u1 to 2.2gh/s

it works at 2gh/s using freq 0981

however

when i use freq 0A81 it defaults to 1.6gh/s WTF?

is it because i used a letter and the program doth not recognise it?

currently using bfg 3.10.0 software and antminer 1.6 (overclock 2.2) hardware.

should i invest more money into this or is this just another long term ponzi pyramid scheme that will be the death of us all i nee d input

Well first things first, maybe you should ask this in the BFGMiner thread instead of the CGMiner thread.

It's like walking into a Church and asking where the Satanic Ritual is being held tonight.  Or vice versa. Wink
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
bfgminer wont overclock antminer u1 to 2.2gh/s

it works at 2gh/s using freq 0981

however

when i use freq 0A81 it defaults to 1.6gh/s WTF?

is it because i used a letter and the program doth not recognise it?

currently using bfg 3.10.0 software and antminer 1.6 (overclock 2.2) hardware.

should i invest more money into this or is this just another long term ponzi pyramid scheme that will be the death of us all i nee d input
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

I'm seeing the same.  2xNanofury and 1xBitburner Fury.  cgminer 3.10.0 just quits at random intervals.  Running on Debian Wheezy on BeagleBone Black, and same issue on Debian Wheezy on PC.  cgminer runs for days on the same machine when not running the Nanofurys.
erk

Activity: 7
Hi guys, I just added a mini rig to my setup and have been getting intermittent errors to do with usb I think. I have linked some screenshots of the output cgminer is giving. I am using the latest version on windows 7 x64. I already had a single and 50 Block Erupters running but when I added the mini rig cgminer kept crashing so I took one of the usb hubs out and connected the mini rig straight to the motherboard this stopped the crashes but I am now seeing the attached errors. Any help would be great.

Btw the hubs are all usb 3 and there are 7 of them with 6 miners each.

http://imgur.com/a/fHR6b/embed
One USB connection still appears to be flaky and one of the subdevices appears to be flat out frying. I know of people opening them up and replacing hubs and/or cables to fix them.

So how would i go about finding the bad hub or device?
Unplug each while it's running and see which gets unplugged in cgminer.

Solved the issue by removing the shitty unpowered 14 port hub bfl use for their mini rig and replaced with two usb3 powered hubs with 4 connections going to each no more usb errors in cgminer and much more consistent hashing rate.

Cheers ckolivas
Activity: 35
Just a note that I installed Fedora 18 on a Pogoplug (256MB armv5tel w/ 4 USB2.0 ports), and compiled cgminer-0.8.4 with the SRPM from Fedora on Intel - and it worked perfectly!  The pogoplug has now taken over mining chores with my 4 block erupters.  My modest block erupter + hub investment has now paid for itself after 8 weeks at current BTC prices.  I sent a small donation to celebrate.  (The pogoplug was no longer needed for its previous role as VPN concentrator.)

I would highly recommend the pogoplug for USB mining - except that Fedora no longer supports ARM with software floating point (i.e. all the kirkwood systems like pogoplug, guruplug, etc).  There are other linux distros that continue to support kirkwood, however.  I like for "plug" formfactor because there is no video hardware, or anything extraneous.  Just USB ports (and a serial port for debugging booting problems) and an ethernet port.  Once your system is loaded on a USB memory stick, just plug it in and away it goes.  I used a USB hard drive for compiling, since memory sticks are somewhat slow.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

Huh Just got the new version on cgminer (3.10.0) and I currently run 3 BFL jalapenos. I finally figured out how to get it to recognize the 3 jalapenos(old version I had used --disable-gpu, but now I have to use --usb :3), If there is another way like the old please let me know. Now my problem is that I can not figure out how to set the Intensity like I could in the old cgminer using --intensity d. Please help. Thanks in advance.
You can't set intensity because there's no GPU mining in 3.10.
So how can I mine with GPUs now? Is it just CPU?

CGMiner is ASIC and Bitcoin only from now on.

Jump to: