Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 143. (Read 5805527 times)

Activity: 591
Merit: 500
Thank you for the info. It seems I am getting a lot more HW errors now. Is there a way to stop that or at least not have so many? I get a lot very fast  Angry
Did you restart the Jalapenos recently? I know my Jalapeno spews out all kinds of hardware errors if it's too warm when it starts up or whatever. First think you could try is unplugging the power cords for about 10 minutes and then plug 'em back in.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Huh Just got the new version on cgminer (3.10.0) and I currently run 3 BFL jalapenos. I finally figured out how to get it to recognize the 3 jalapenos(old version I had used --disable-gpu, but now I have to use --usb :3), If there is another way like the old please let me know. Now my problem is that I can not figure out how to set the Intensity like I could in the old cgminer using --intensity d. Please help. Thanks in advance.
You can't set intensity because there's no GPU mining in 3.10.
So how can I mine with GPUs now? Is it just CPU?

CGMiner is ASIC and Bitcoin only from now on.
Thank you for the info. It seems I am getting a lot more HW errors now. Is there a way to stop that or at least not have so many? I get a lot very fast  Angry
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
Huh Just got the new version on cgminer (3.10.0) and I currently run 3 BFL jalapenos. I finally figured out how to get it to recognize the 3 jalapenos(old version I had used --disable-gpu, but now I have to use --usb :3), If there is another way like the old please let me know. Now my problem is that I can not figure out how to set the Intensity like I could in the old cgminer using --intensity d. Please help. Thanks in advance.

CGMiner is ASIC and Bitcoin only from now on.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

Use the old version which did GPU mine (3.7.2 I think it was), or use bfgminer which still does GPU mining.  Your choice.
Activity: 591
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
How do I tell cgminer to ignore all devices that aren't running on WinUSB?

My Bitburners are running on cgminer and Antminers on bfgminer, but cgminer is spamming the "Install WinUSB" error constantly. 

The device I'm using identifies itself as BBF, and if I use the --usb BBF:0 command it doesn't help (drive not recognised or somesuch).

Any clues?

In the readme under Advances USB Options it says

--usb 1:2,1:3,1:4,1:*
allows you to select which devices to mine on with a list of USB
 bus_number:device_address
All other USB devices will be ignored

So if you know the bus number and address you can specify which devices you want to mine with explicitly.  I had trouble with Windoze using this method as the assignment seems to be a bit random.
Activity: 1246
How do I tell cgminer to ignore all devices that aren't running on WinUSB?

My Bitburners are running on cgminer and Antminers on bfgminer, but cgminer is spamming the "Install WinUSB" error constantly. 

The device I'm using identifies itself as BBF, and if I use the --usb BBF:0 command it doesn't help (drive not recognised or somesuch).

Any clues?

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I get high HW when Intensity on 13

My settings:
./cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://world.wemineltc.com:3333 -u XXX -p XXXX -g 2 -w 256 -I 13 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 8192,8192 --gpu-engine 1060,1060 --gpu-memclock 1500,1500 --auto-fan --temp-cutoff=95 --temp-target=80 --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://usa2.wemineltc.com:3335 -u XXX -p XXX

Tried lowering some settings, still getting high HW.
Without I13 I only get 500 khash on my r9 280x
What's the problem here?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
No. At the moment use the source and patch it , file driver-bitfury.c line 417

and what i have to edit in that line?

Code:
info->osc6_bits = 54;

you can change the frequency, default is 54
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142
Ιntergalactic Conciliator

and what i have to edit in that line?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com
Hello,

I just got my brand new Sapphire R9 290 today.

Thing is I did some fiddling around with clocks in cgminer and now my screen flickers vigorously once I close cgminer.
It's fine when I'm running the miner.

I started the cgminer firstly with  
Code:
--thread-concurrency 27400 --intensity 20 --worksize 256 -g 1 --gpu-fan 85 --gpu-powertune 30
and things were fine

till I tried, OCing memory to 1500 and engine to 1000...then 1050 caused a driver crash, after which hashes came down to 40-50 and I did a system restart and then flickering started happening. Also I decreased the fan to 75.
...also I tried undervolting to 1.125, but it showed as failed
(all done within cgminer, no external software used)

Max temp reached was 74.

I did the system restore, slided the BIOS switch, multiple system restarts - no effect.

I think cgminer permanently changes the GPU's properties.

Btw whenever I start cgminer, flickering stops and getting normal 840 hashes.

Please help me out guys  Sad

Update: No flickering in safe mode

Update: FIXED ! Smiley Flashed BIOS

Activity: 115
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142
Ιntergalactic Conciliator
did cgminer have an option to overclock nanofury like bfgminer?
Activity: 630
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
Im guessing no further progress has been made with integrating the AntMiner U1's into the CGMiner core code?

I don't see any updates on Github but just thought id check Smiley
Neither of us have an antminer U1, no one is offering to give us some, and no one is pushing code to us to be accepted for those devices. So at this stage there is precisely zero progress and nothing on the horizon.

My units arrived today. I will get one shipped out tomorrow.
Sent
Activity: 518
erk
Activity: 826
Is there any way I can check why cgminer keeps killing my GPUs?
As soon as I higher the Intensity above 11 it crahes.
I've already got some 280x running with Intensity 13 and all kind of settings on 730 khash but my new ones simply crash.
I13 is where most people leave it set.
Activity: 112
Is there any way I can check why cgminer keeps killing my GPUs?
As soon as I higher the Intensity above 11 it crahes.
I've already got some 280x running with Intensity 13 and all kind of settings on 730 khash but my new ones simply crash.
Activity: 546
Neither of us have an antminer U1, no one is offering to give us some, and no one is pushing code to us to be accepted for those devices. So at this stage there is precisely zero progress and nothing on the horizon.

I'll donate one to you or kano or ... - which would be easier/cheaper to ship from germany;)

fractalbc already did a good job how it seams:https://github.com/fractalbc/cgminer
Id also be up for this tbh. Fractal BC's code base is great, but its still not stable! Im sure the community as a whole could donate some to you for testing as so many people bought them and they don't worj properly !

Jimjag was the one I tripped over that has it built in, but that person only compiles in mac version and I can't get the windows compile to work due to possible header issues . Hopefully ckolivias will look over what I sent him and I'll be able to at least confirm that the issue of my problems[but then the others have to add it so it'll work on them as well and see their compiles at work  Shocked Shocked]

Last time I checked github I thought the only reason ckolivias didn't add it was that the code wasn't proper yet and were using old code.
Jump to: