Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 144. (Read 5805527 times)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hi all,

I`m trying to run 3.10 with just drillbits. I want it to disable the cgminer from trying to load my block erupters (i use bfg for that) i have tried --disable-icarus but it says its not a recognised function.

any ideas?
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
Im guessing no further progress has been made with integrating the AntMiner U1's into the CGMiner core code?

I don't see any updates on Github but just thought id check Smiley
Neither of us have an antminer U1, no one is offering to give us some, and no one is pushing code to us to be accepted for those devices. So at this stage there is precisely zero progress and nothing on the horizon.

My units arrived today. I will get one shipped out tomorrow.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
I guess you are looking for --usb, described in the README starting on line 310?

f.x: ./cgminer --usb BF1:1
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Neither of us have an antminer U1, no one is offering to give us some, and no one is pushing code to us to be accepted for those devices. So at this stage there is precisely zero progress and nothing on the horizon.

I'll donate one to you or kano or ... - which would be easier/cheaper to ship from germany;)

fractalbc already did a good job how it seams:https://github.com/fractalbc/cgminer
Id also be up for this tbh. Fractal BC's code base is great, but its still not stable! Im sure the community as a whole could donate some to you for testing as so many people bought them and they don't worj properly !
fhh
legendary
Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

I'll donate one to you or kano or ... - which would be easier/cheaper to ship from germany;)

fractalbc already did a good job how it seams:https://github.com/fractalbc/cgminer
Activity: 1246
I've got cgminer 3.10.0 running on Debian ARM.  It seems to just quit every 23-24 hours.  The rest of the OS continues perfectly, but cgminer just quits.  Seems to do it around 7.30am UTC.  Anyone else have this issue?
Can't think of anything. Possibly totally unrelated and some service on the machine, crond or other.

As soon as I add the Nanofury devices it crapped out either immediately, or after a number of hours.  There's no other services running at all on the machine, it's a bare (and I do mean bare) install of Debian Wheezy on the BeagleBone Black with only enough installed to get cgminer running.

I'll try upgrading to the latest version on git.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Hi guys, I just added a mini rig to my setup and have been getting intermittent errors to do with usb I think. I have linked some screenshots of the output cgminer is giving. I am using the latest version on windows 7 x64. I already had a single and 50 Block Erupters running but when I added the mini rig cgminer kept crashing so I took one of the usb hubs out and connected the mini rig straight to the motherboard this stopped the crashes but I am now seeing the attached errors. Any help would be great.

Btw the hubs are all usb 3 and there are 7 of them with 6 miners each.

http://imgur.com/a/fHR6b/embed
One USB connection still appears to be flaky and one of the subdevices appears to be flat out frying. I know of people opening them up and replacing hubs and/or cables to fix them.

So how would i go about finding the bad hub or device?
Unplug each while it's running and see which gets unplugged in cgminer.
Activity: 7
Hi guys, I just added a mini rig to my setup and have been getting intermittent errors to do with usb I think. I have linked some screenshots of the output cgminer is giving. I am using the latest version on windows 7 x64. I already had a single and 50 Block Erupters running but when I added the mini rig cgminer kept crashing so I took one of the usb hubs out and connected the mini rig straight to the motherboard this stopped the crashes but I am now seeing the attached errors. Any help would be great.

One USB connection still appears to be flaky and one of the subdevices appears to be flat out frying. I know of people opening them up and replacing hubs and/or cables to fix them.

So how would i go about finding the bad hub or device?
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Im guessing no further progress has been made with integrating the AntMiner U1's into the CGMiner core code?

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I've got cgminer 3.10.0 running on Debian ARM.  It seems to just quit every 23-24 hours.  The rest of the OS continues perfectly, but cgminer just quits.  Seems to do it around 7.30am UTC.  Anyone else have this issue?
Can't think of anything. Possibly totally unrelated and some service on the machine, crond or other.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
There's something up with 3.10.0 and Nanofurys.  I was using 3.9.0 with 2xNanofurys and a Bitburner Fury.  3.10.0 worked for a few days, and now segfaults with a glibc error upon execution if the nanos are plugged in.  Works perfectly with just the Bitburner.  cgminer segs as soon as I plug the nanofurys in, too.

Running on Debian Wheezy on x86.
There was no nanofury support on 3.9.0  Huh

There's a bug in the 3.10.0 release that crashes when a device is (effectively) unplugged that was fixed immediately after in git, so grab a git tarball from master or build from git.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I have a Ubuntu Linux server with all the current updates, running a variety of miners plugged into it on cgminer 3.10.0

I plugged a nanofury NF1 into a usb hub that has a few block erupters in it and the NF1 would only mine at just less than1GH/s.

I removed the block erupters and the NF1 started mining at full speed. Even if I add just one block erupter the NF1 instantly halves it's speed. The block erupter mines at full speed only the NF1 is effected, neither reports any errors that I can see.The power pack for the hub is 2.1Amps so it should be able to handle that, so I think it might be a conflict of some sort.
Erupters run at usb1.1 speed and protocol and perhaps are having some communication interaction making everything work in the same crap manner - depends greatly on how usb hubs manage different speed devices. Try them on separate hubs.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I probably missed something, but I cannot get my USB Block Erupter to work with 3.10.0, currently using 3.6.6 and it detects the erupter with no problems. Am I missing a new command line option? I see there is no cgminer-nogpu.exe anymore (yeah, been some time since I checked for updates).
Using win7 64bit, thanks in advance.
Nope, nothing's changed. Just use the cgminer.exe instead.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Activity: 981
Merit: 500
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

If I want to restrict an instance of cgminer to BitFury mining, e.g. "usb" : "BF1:16,ICA:0,BAS:0", what is the code for them Huh

I've seen BF1, BFL and BXF used in the readmes but no mention where ReadMe explains the 3 ways to use the command.

TIA

BAS is BFL ASIC
ICA is Icarus based I think block erupters came under that
BF1 I am relatively sure is Bitfury.
BFL is the FPGA boards.
BXF I have no idea on.

The first version
  --usb 1:2,1:3,1:4,1:*
allows you to select which devices to mine on with a list of USB
 bus_number:device_address
All other USB devices will be ignored

The second version
  --usb BAS:1,BFL:1,MMQ:0,ICA:0,KLN:0
allows you to specify how many devices to choose based on each device
driver cgminer has - there are currently 5 USB drivers: BAS, BFL, MMQ.
ICA & KLN
N.B. you can only specify which device driver to limit, not the type of
each device, e.g. with BAS:n you can limit how many BFL ASIC devices will
be checked, but you cannot limit the number of each type of BFL ASIC
Also note that the MMQ count is the number of MMQ backplanes you have
not the number of MMQ FPGAs

The third version
  --usb :10
means only use a maximum of 10 devices of any supported USB devices
Once cgminer has 10 devices it will not configure any more and hotplug will
not scan for any more
If one of the 10 devices stops working, hotplug - if enabled, as is default
- will scan normally again until it has 10 devices

Someone more in the know may correct me. The only ones I used where BAS and BFL so the others are gleaned from reading the forum.
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
dfgfdgfdg

If I want to restrict an instance of cgminer to BitFury mining, e.g. "usb" : "BF1:16,ICA:0,BAS:0", what is the code for them Huh

I've seen BF1, BFL and BXF used in the readmes but no mention where ReadMe explains the 3 ways to use the command.

TIA
Activity: 28

Activity: 1246
There's something up with 3.10.0 and Nanofurys.  I was using 3.9.0 with 2xNanofurys and a Bitburner Fury.  3.10.0 worked for a few days, and now segfaults with a glibc error upon execution if the nanos are plugged in.  Works perfectly with just the Bitburner.  cgminer segs as soon as I plug the nanofurys in, too.

Running on Debian Wheezy on x86.
Jump to: