Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 24. (Read 5805312 times)

zOU
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
★ these are stars ★

Yup, got in with password admin, thanks.

My S5 appears to hash 10-20GH faster with the 4.9.0 real cgminer fork install, both in the gui and pool side.  The error rate also dropped from 0.04% to 0.03%, which is probably what results in the increased hash rate, so I would say that is a significant improvement.  I run the S5 at 400 freq.

I moved my miner around a bit today but I think I noticed a better hashrate too even at default 350Mhs.

I've just the modification again (I have it save in a text file so I just have to copy/paste it), and I'll monitor it.

The nice thing on the S5 is that it tells you which version it's running on the "system" page of the UI, pretty neat if you're not sure or if the system has restarted without you noticing Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
you can even shorten the sequence :p

Code:
ssh 192.168.1.x -l root
cd /usr/bin
mv cgminer cgminer.bak
wget http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/antminer/s5/4.9.0-150105/cgminer
chmod +x cgminer
/etc/init.d/cgminer.sh restart
So when I ssh to the device it asks for the password, which I input and it tells me "Permission denied".  What's up with that?  I know it's the correct password because I log into the gui  with it just fine.  Hmm...

default login is root/root - but default ssh login is root/admin

Yup, got in with password admin, thanks.

My S5 appears to hash 10-20GH faster with the 4.9.0 real cgminer fork install, both in the gui and pool side.  The error rate also dropped from 0.04% to 0.03%, which is probably what results in the increased hash rate, so I would say that is a significant improvement.  I run the S5 at 400 freq.
zOU
★ these are stars ★

yes, we answered his question in the S5 thread also, so the information is everywhere Smiley

Good stuff !
Activity: 2
Merit: 0

Code:
ssh 192.168.1.x -l root
cd /usr/bin
mv cgminer cgminer.bak
chmod +x cgminer
So when I ssh to the device it asks for the password, which I input and it tells me "Permission denied".  What's up with that?  I know it's the correct password because I log into the gui  with it just fine.  Hmm...

legendary

Code:
ssh 192.168.1.x -l root
cd /usr/bin
mv cgminer cgminer.bak
chmod +x cgminer
So when I ssh to the device it asks for the password, which I input and it tells me "Permission denied".  What's up with that?  I know it's the correct password because I log into the gui  with it just fine.  Hmm...
legendary

anonymous? No
I'll probably send back the last BTC someone said was for the S5, one day - I've never done the S5.

Yea thanks i honestly  thought there was another reason , i normally don't say a  thing in you all thread but wanted to say ty as well for the update and agree Avalon stuff is a lot nicer , i hope they keep it that way , and  trump bitmain in every way , i kind  of got screwed over by bitmain but let go and refuse by any thing from S7 and up unless it's like S3s .They quoted me a price I went to buy it then they jack the price up and play hard noise , IVe sense let it go and Avalon came out to late with the A6 im saving now for the new stuff but Ive seen some A6's sells as low as 599 not sure how real the sells are or if it was a scam or not, i think on ebay believe or not . I'm waiting it out now. I use CK pool a lot more then i used to Smiley: .
zOU
★ these are stars ★
Note that cgminer reverts to 4.8 if it reboots....

This is unfortunate, is there no simple way to make it permanent?

I just verified this morning as I had to relocate my S5, and I can confirm it reloads cgminer 4.8.0.

I had to run again the procedure to update it.

I don't know where the bitmain source is located or what is the process that overwrite the binary... Sad
legendary

This is unfortunate, is there no simple way to make it permanent?
zOU
★ these are stars ★
Hello

It looks like the GIT repo has been disabled ?

The main site works just fine though so it's not a big deal Smiley

zOU
★ these are stars ★
Sweet, so that will update cgminer on the S5 to 4.9.0?  Love it, going to do it when I get home, thanks everyone!

yes, I did it yesterday, I didn't notice any difference yet.

edit, there seems to be a 10C difference in temp (lower with 4.9.0), but that's maybe just because it's early morning and very cold in my non insulated attic where the S5 and 2 S3+ are.
legendary
Sweet, so that will update cgminer on the S5 to 4.9.0?  Love it, going to do it when I get home, thanks everyone!
zOU
★ these are stars ★
I was just looking for instructions on how to do that.
I'd have to search the forums myself for that actually since I don't have them written down anywhere and don't have an S5 any more. You can start by searching for posts on this or the p2pool thread based on the date on the S5 binary there I guess.

thanks ck I wish i could send you some donations but I'm in a bind this year.
can you add a readme

ssh 192.168.1.x -l root
cd /tmp
chmod +x cgminer
mv /usr/bin/cgminer /usr/bin/cgminer.bak
cp cgminer /usr/bin

Code:
ssh 192.168.1.x -l root
cd /usr/bin
mv cgminer cgminer.bak
chmod +x cgminer
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
I'd have to search the forums myself for that actually since I don't have them written down anywhere and don't have an S5 any more. You can start by searching for posts on this or the p2pool thread based on the date on the S5 binary there I guess.

thanks ck I wish i could send you some donations but I'm in a bind this year.
can you add a readme

ssh 192.168.1.x -l root
cd /tmp
chmod +x cgminer
mv /usr/bin/cgminer /usr/bin/cgminer.bak
cp cgminer /usr/bin
zOU
★ these are stars ★
That's just a binary which you're welcome to upload to the S5 and better than bitmain's default one, having fixed a few glaring problems, but there's no comprehensive rewrite of the code like there was for S1-S3 by Kano.

use winscp to connect to your S5 (root/admin)
navigate to /usr/bin
rename cgminer to cgminer.480 (always a good idea to keep a backup...)
copy the new cgminer to /usr/bin
set properties to 0755
disconnect

open your S5 web interface
go to miner configuration
clic save and apply (to restart cgminer without changing config)

done
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
can someone do a tutorial on how to do s7 cgminer update
Unfortunately the S7 has nothing to do with the official cgminer which this thread is about so you'll have to seek help from bitmain or more likely rely on the community of users of bitmain hardware on other threads.
my mistake i was looking for cgminer instructions on the s5 s7 was on my mind too lol
Same goes for S5.
ok i was just wondering why this link exists then.
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/antminer/s5/
That's just a binary which you're welcome to upload to the S5 and better than bitmain's default one, having fixed a few glaring problems, but there's no comprehensive rewrite of the code like there was for S1-S3 by Kano.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Unfortunately the S7 has nothing to do with the official cgminer which this thread is about so you'll have to seek help from bitmain or more likely rely on the community of users of bitmain hardware on other threads.
my mistake i was looking for cgminer instructions on the s5 s7 was on my mind too lol
Same goes for S5.
Same goes for S5.
I totally understand why people wont deal with bitmain
legendary
I'll probably send back the last BTC someone said was for the S5, one day - I've never done the S5.
Gotcha, thanks for the update/recap.  I will say that those of us that still use S5s are sad you won't have time to redo cgminer for them, but it is completely understandable.  Guess that means I'll have to get an Avalon for my next miner.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Same goes for S5.
When you guys did the cgminer update for the S1 and the S3 I thought I recalled that the anonymous donor had given enough coin to update the S5 as well, did that never end up happening?
anonymous? No

It's also got to the point where running an S5 is a total loss so I never have my half dead one on any more.
Bitmain was going to send me another working S5 (mine only has one working board), then they said they'd send me an S7, then neither ever happened.
Now that I have 2 Avalon6s there's nowhere I could even put an S7 - uses too much power and I have 2 A6s taking up the available power without rearranging my place every time I switch something on.
S5s and S7s make WAY too much noise.

Pool takes priority and I certainly haven't had time to spend a day or 2 on anything else for a long time.
Pages:
Jump to: