Pages:
Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 28. (Read 5805322 times)

zOU
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
★ these are stars ★
I am having a problem getting cgminer too detected my antminer u3 i have downloaded the driver needed
and did what i had too do with zadig but still getting "NO DEVICES DETECTED" please help someone thanks. Sad

you should probably ask in the Antminer U3 support thread Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I am having a problem getting cgminer too detected my antminer u3 i have downloaded the driver needed
and did what i had too do with zadig but still getting "NO DEVICES DETECTED" please help someone thanks. Sad
One of:
bad hardware, bad cables, bad hub, unrecognised usb3 port, or you need to master:
https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/README#L399
Activity: 566
Merit: 250
zOU
Activity: 728
★ these are stars ★

I doubt it looks acceptable yet, it's pretty much the half of icarus that I wanted plus some initialization.  I intend to clean it up more when I add multi-chip support. 

But I do plan to push it into cgminer so it's available.

--
novak

Hello,

Do you want to wait for multichip support or you want to push it before ?

Thank you novak Smiley
legendary
Thanks for the offer guys, but being in Australia means it would cost more to ship than the hardware itself is worth. Perhaps if you could find a document somewhere with firmware change details I could guess what modifications might be needed in the driver from it and work on one remotely.

I wonder how you would determine which units shipped prior to April 2014?  I got all of mine second hand.  Maybe that is the month F/W 1.4.5 started going on
Well the API 'stats' "GetInfo" I show all the information the BFL devices state for their configuration which shows "FIRMWARE: 1.0.0" for my one before it died
That's your best bet ... assuming the correct things were done by BFL ...
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
ok fine,

my first question can i run my antminer u2 and u3 together.
My second question after some time freeze cgminer and when i try to restart it with s, c, y
Screenshot:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=57341EF1A3DDC267!6055&authkey=!AImC6a4fWmgEDtk&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng
I wait 5 hours
and i can´t close the window.

Start batch:
cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3338 -O ..... --au3-freq 237.5 --au3-volt 800 --api-listen

by me was ist late sorry for the little mistranslation
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1091
Think for yourself
I have an little problem or bug by cgminer 4.9.2. Who can help me?

Well this is the support thread for CGMiner.  So post your problem/bug.  Preferably with screen captures, your command line and .conf file if you use that.
Activity: 23
I have an little problem or bug by cgminer 4.9.2. Who can help me?
Activity: 650
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
Thanks for the offer guys, but being in Australia means it would cost more to ship than the hardware itself is worth. Perhaps if you could find a document somewhere with firmware change details I could guess what modifications might be needed in the driver from it and work on one remotely.
According to BFL "Monarchs shipped April 2015 and after can use the official BFGMiner 5.1.0 or later." and it would appear there were changes there that broke all older versions since BFL says to use a custom version built on Jun 23rd 2014 for "Monarchs shipped before April 2015".

I would guess that the change can be found somewhere here on a date after Jun 23rd 2014.

I wonder how you would determine which units shipped prior to April 2014?  I got all of mine second hand.  Maybe that is the month F/W 1.4.5 started going on

production units.  As a sidenote, I have been using BFGminer 5.4.0 but the cpu usage is very high when I have many units controlled by one instance (15+).
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I would guess that the change can be found somewhere here on a date after Jun 23rd 2014.
Sorry that URL makes my eyes bleed so I can't use it.

Cheesy Cheesy
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Sorry that URL makes my eyes bleed so I can't use it.
Activity: 261
Merit: 257
According to BFL "Monarchs shipped April 2015 and after can use the official BFGMiner 5.1.0 or later." and it would appear there were changes there that broke all older versions since BFL says to use a custom version built on Jun 23rd 2014 for "Monarchs shipped before April 2015".

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Older versions Identify it as a "BAS' aka single.  I think back around March, or page 798 of this thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10844936

-ck updated the driver to properly tell the difference  between a monarch and the older 65nm stuff.  CGminer works great with my older monarchs but these

units all have later firmware (the latest i think) and they behave poorly when using cgminer.  They mine at full speed with that "other" mining software but

it has very high CPU usage with many monarchs connected to one host.
This was reported before (I believe by Os2sam) where they updated the firmware and never told us anything, breaking cgminer. We've lost all contact with BFL (which was very tenuous at the best of times anyway) and neither Kano nor I have any working BFL hardware any more to update the software, so there really isn't much choice I'm afraid.

Yep,  I forgot about it over my summer as I shutdown the Monarchs because it was just too warm to run them.

But if hardware is what you need I would be happy to send you my unit for development purposes.  I would need it back when the software was working with it though.

I do have a unit I could part with in the name of development.  Shipping would be pricey though.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Let's face it, someone running 6 S3s would have MUCH more than 1.2 TH/s on a pool with a legit cgm on their rigs...

They should check that all the chips are firing, no X's in the status screen.

My S3+ averages about 490GH/s, I just turned it back on as a lottery machine a few days ago.
Code:
"hashrate1m": "592G", "hashrate5m": "497G", "hashrate1hr": "486G", "hashrate1d": "484G"

6 S3s should be just under 3TH/s if they are configured correctly and not broken parts.
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1091
Think for yourself
Older versions Identify it as a "BAS' aka single.  I think back around March, or page 798 of this thread:

-ck updated the driver to properly tell the difference  between a monarch and the older 65nm stuff.  CGminer works great with my older monarchs but these

units all have later firmware (the latest i think) and they behave poorly when using cgminer.  They mine at full speed with that "other" mining software but

This was reported before (I believe by Os2sam) where they updated the firmware and never told us anything, breaking cgminer. We've lost all contact with BFL (which was very tenuous at the best of times anyway) and neither Kano nor I have any working BFL hardware any more to update the software, so there really isn't much choice I'm afraid.

Yep,  I forgot about it over my summer as I shutdown the Monarchs because it was just too warm to run them.

But if hardware is what you need I would be happy to send you my unit for development purposes.  I would need it back when the software was working with it though.
legendary
Hearing that some buyers of used S3s on fLeaBay are getting much less hash on their pools, than their rigs show. Seems another go-round of asshats going out of their way to trash legit miner SW devs to line their own pockets.

Let's face it, someone running 6 S3s would have MUCH more than 1.2 TH/s on a pool with a legit cgm on their rigs...
Yeah there's one, very much appreciated by me, person on my pool running an S3 24/7 mining to my account.

The best thing to do with the S3 is wipe it back to factory settings (with a firmware from bitmain) then add my update:
https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS3

His averages 0.44TH/s
Here's an accepted share rate graph of his worker over the last 12 days:

Pretty boring graph - but also pretty consistent.
Activity: 31
Hearing that some buyers of used S3s on fLeaBay are getting much less hash on their pools, than their rigs show. Seems another go-round of asshats going out of their way to trash legit miner SW devs to line their own pockets.

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

Pages:
Jump to: