Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 286. (Read 5805537 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Just compiled cgminer 3.3.1 for my pi.

The Blockerupters rerecognised and its mining (sort of).... Is the green light supposed to stay off while mining (on = idle). All my 10 BE mine for a second and then the green LED is on again?

it should blink on occasionly, but be mostly off

hm .... something is wrong then. Could that be because they are not getting enough work from eclipsemc.com?

Must be that they do not get enough juice from the Hub .... i can not get more than one working :/

I tried them on Win7 and i cant even get cgminer working ....

CGminer on Win7 just won't accept any pool i give to it?
It just freezes or quits on me. I cant even get to the main screen after entering a pool.

Does anyone have a beginners Tutorial at hand that describes step by step what to do?
Activity: 490
Merit: 501

The Blockerupters rerecognised and its mining (sort of).... Is the green light supposed to stay off while mining (on = idle). All my 10 BE mine for a second and then the green LED is on again?

it should blink on occasionly, but be mostly off

Activity: 574
When you look in Devices and Printers, how are your mining devices described?  

edit: must use libusb-1.0.dll...ok I guess I missed that part.  I don't remember an option to load from file in zadig...I'll just have to look again...

zadig gives you a selection of 4 or 5 different drivers you can install - there are up/down gadgets on the riight of the box where the big green arrow points.  Are you scrolling through the list and selecting the right driver?
Merit: 1000
First thing you need to tell us is what version of cgminer you're trying to run.

It is the latest.  I always grab that latest every time I feel like attempting to make this work...when I fail I give up and go back to what works for me...the old 2104, heh

Unlike linux, you can't just add -S noauto at the end.  At least this was the case for FPGA-only.exe.  In windows I used to have to call out all com ports individually.  but since it is not com ports anymore, not sure what to use...

First thing you need to tell us is what version of cgminer you're trying to run.
Yay zadig utility fucked up my ability to connect to my FPGA BFL MiniRig.  Sad

Is there a tutorial out there somewhere?  Maybe this can't be done on an older XP laptop?  Was working before just fine prior to this winusb garbage.  It appeared to install correctly but no com ports are recognized now.
Easy to undo.
Go under system, device manager, USB serial bus controllers. The device will be there. Tell Windows to upgrade the driver. It will install the old serial one. Open Zadig, show all devices, and administrator. use WinUSB and the version of Zadig in the FPGA-README to try again. It will work.

I went to Linux and found far less errors. Raspberry Pi's are cheap, capable and low power. Personally it was the best <$60 I spent case included. Good luck!

Thanks.  Kano says it no longer recognizes as com ports.  Things may be installed correctly already but I just didn't run the command line properly for cgminer-nogpu.exe

I tried the old BFL easyminer admin tools from last year that lets me flash the red LED's inside...and nothing is recognized anymore which is why I freaked out a bit.  Maybe it just doesn't work anymore?  I did notice I have to unplug and plug back in the USB cables after rebooting every time to even see the USB serial drivers at all...all 20 of them.

The big problem with these readme files is that it is information overload and it seems tailored to linux which does me no good.  Gives me a headache scrolling thru it.  Not sure why linux info is included at all in the windows zip version.

sudo, sudo, sudo up the poop chute.  jesus...lol

I need a readme_for_dummies.txt

edit: must use libusb-1.0.dll...ok I guess I missed that part.  I don't remember an option to load from file in zadig...I'll just have to look again...
cgminer 3.3.0 under Ubuntu 13.04 - 64 bit.   Runs fine with 11 Erupters initially, but after about three minutes, it locks the system up so hard that I have to power off and back on to get it to respond..

cgminer 3.1.1 works, (after I create a symlink for libusb.so.0) but the devices change to SICK one by one over a period of time until they are all down.

Any suggestions?
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
where can i get sources to build version 3.1? i need it to run my CM1 on my rPi

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer ?
Yes source is there ... under the folder ... ... ... ... 3.1 Tongue

RPi 3.1 binaries are here:
https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/RPi_32
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
where can i get sources to build version 3.1? i need it to run my CM1 on my rPi

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer ?
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

Is there a tutorial out there somewhere?  Maybe this can't be done on an older XP laptop?  Was working before just fine prior to this winusb garbage.  It appeared to install correctly but no com ports are recognized now.
There aren't supposed to be COM ports ... read the FPGA-README.
Activity: 981
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

Is there a tutorial out there somewhere?  Maybe this can't be done on an older XP laptop?  Was working before just fine prior to this winusb garbage.  It appeared to install correctly but no com ports are recognized now.
Easy to undo.
Go under system, device manager, USB serial bus controllers. The device will be there. Tell Windows to upgrade the driver. It will install the old serial one. Open Zadig, show all devices, and administrator. use WinUSB and the version of Zadig in the FPGA-README to try again. It will work.

I went to Linux and found far less errors. Raspberry Pi's are cheap, capable and low power. Personally it was the best <$60 I spent case included. Good luck!

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
ASICMiner USB Block Erupter
cgminer 3.3.1

I get

AMU0: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)

cgminer 3.1.1 works fine.  I couldn't get 3.2.1 to work.

I'm starting 3.1.1 with --icarus-options and --icarus-timing and -S and the pool info.

I'm starting 3.3.1 with just the pool info.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
What does the error "-3" mean when I have a BFL FPGA Single with the WinUSB drivers installed, but CGMiner says it can't open the device?
   /** Access denied (insufficient permissions) */
   LIBUSB_ERROR_ACCESS = -3,
legendary
Activity: 952
What does the error "-3" mean when I have a BFL FPGA Single with the WinUSB drivers installed, but CGMiner says it can't open the device?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Thanks a lot Con for avalon-auto option. Is it possible to create something like avalon-limit frequency option?
One of my avalons has freezing controller board at 350 MHz, but during avalon-auto it worked around 330-340 without problems, so I'm currently locked at 325  Sad.
Maybe so.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Thanks a lot Con for avalon-auto option. Is it possible to create something like avalon-limit frequency option?
One of my avalons has freezing controller board at 350 MHz, but during avalon-auto it worked around 330-340 without problems, so I'm currently locked at 325  Sad.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
New release: version 3.3.1, 26th June 2013

Hotfix release. Last minute bug went into 3.3.0 preventing BFL SC singles from working as planned Roll Eyes
Note now there are avalon firmware images in my directory as well, with the latest version.

Human readable changelog:

- Bugfix for BFL SC singles and minirigs which prevented them working.
- Bugfix for the usb wildcards 1:*
- Increased target temperature on Avalons to 50 since 45 was overkill
- Added overheat temperature cutoff to avalons
- Added dynamic automatic overclocking to avalons with --avalon-auto

Full changelog:

- Add an avalon-auto option which enables dynamic overclocking based on hardware
error rate for maximum effective hashrate.
- Add an --avalon-cutoff feature which puts the avalon idle should it reach this
temperature, defaulting to 60, re-enabling it when it gets to target
temperature.
- Change default avalon target temperature to 50 degrees.
- usbutils - incorrect test for * in bus:dev
- Redo +1 fix in bflsc.

This is so awesome!
Getting my new avalon just today when so much new functions are released!
Thank you!
Activity: 397
New release: version 3.3.1, 26th June 2013

Hotfix release. Last minute bug went into 3.3.0 preventing BFL SC singles from working as planned Roll Eyes
Note now there are avalon firmware images in my directory as well, with the latest version.

Human readable changelog:

- Bugfix for BFL SC singles and minirigs which prevented them working.
- Bugfix for the usb wildcards 1:*
- Increased target temperature on Avalons to 50 since 45 was overkill
- Added overheat temperature cutoff to avalons
- Added dynamic automatic overclocking to avalons with --avalon-auto

Full changelog:

- Add an avalon-auto option which enables dynamic overclocking based on hardware
error rate for maximum effective hashrate.
- Add an --avalon-cutoff feature which puts the avalon idle should it reach this
temperature, defaulting to 60, re-enabling it when it gets to target
temperature.
- Change default avalon target temperature to 50 degrees.
- usbutils - incorrect test for * in bus:dev
- Redo +1 fix in bflsc.

Nice! But is there a way you can implement 5MH steps from 300 to 375? That would get more on some configs. My avalons run fine on 365.

Tip is on the way  Wink

EDIT: Holyshit!!! it's already in there  Cheesy Cheesy  Another Tip send!!! Thanks!
Jump to: