Author

Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.0 - page 290. (Read 5805537 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 501
I currently run 37 miners on one PC and 11 on another (this one) under win-7 64 bit.  Com ports above 9 work just fine:

--api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1 --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S //./COM4 -S //./COM5 -S //./COM6 -S  //./COM9 -S //./COM10 -S //./COM11 -S //./COM12 -S //./COM14 -S //./COM16  -S //./COM17  -S //./COM18

cgminer versions past 3.1.1 don't use com ports, they use the WinUSB driver.  Lots of information available about that over the last few forum pages.   
donator
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
win7 64 with cgminer 3.1.1 and usb stick miners.
i cannot use more than 9 usbs since cgminer cannot work with Com10 and above. it seems it has an issue with 2 digit coms?
cgminer above 3.1.1 cannot detect any usb miner and also cannot accept the -Scomx switch!!!!

I have used more than ten at once with two digit coms and they work fine, same cgminer but it was Windows 8.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
win7 64 with cgminer 3.1.1 and usb stick miners.
i cannot use more than 9 usbs since cgminer cannot work with Com10 and above. it seems it has an issue with 2 digit coms?
cgminer above 3.1.1 cannot detect any usb miner and also cannot accept the -Scomx switch!!!!
donator
Okay so am I supposed to be running it using the exact command I did with just the ASICMINER UBSs? Which was something like this:

--icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S COM3 -S COM4 -S COM5 -S COM6 -S COM7 -S COM8 -S COM9

When I try that, the ASICMINERs run fine but then I also get this error:

"BitForceSC detect <2:27> get details return invalid/timed out <0:-7>"

I just noticed that at first when I had used the wrong driver (the one from the BFL page) I could see the BLFSC in the ports section of device manager, but now that I have used zadig to install the WinUSB driver (v6.1.7600.16385), it's not showing up there.

Is it supposed to be?

Again any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again
donator
I'm trying to run my first BFL 5GH miner (Jalapeno) using cgminer 3.1.1 alongside 10 ASICMINER USBs in Windows, and I could use some help from someone with more experience! Can I run this combination of ASICs in the same cgminer instance?

Currently when I add "--enable-bflsc" to what I've used to run the ASICMINERs, or just try "cgminer --enable-bflsc", I get the following error:

[timestamp] cgminer: --enable-bflsc: unrecognized option

Any help would be vastly appreciated!! I'd be more than happy to dontate something small, say BTC0.1, to whoever can help me figure this out, and smaller amounts to anyone who takes the time to try.

Thanks
That's a compile option, not a cgminer option.

You don't use any options for it to see the Jalapeno - it's automatic.

However, you probably didn't read the ASIC-README about how to set the correct windows driver ...

Sorry, I forgot to include that in my original post, I updated it as you were posting to say that I did do the correct driver from the readme.

Thanks a ton for the help.

Don't use --enable-bflsc option.  That's a compile time option, not a run-time option.  
Yes you can run the combination.    See the ASIC readme file.

EDIT:

D'oh.  Kano beat my reply by 14 seconds.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I'm trying to run my first BFL 5GH miner (Jalapeno) using cgminer 3.1.1 alongside 10 ASICMINER USBs in Windows, and I could use some help from someone with more experience! Can I run this combination of ASICs in the same cgminer instance?

Currently when I add "--enable-bflsc" to what I've used to run the ASICMINERs, or just try "cgminer --enable-bflsc", I get the following error:

Any help would be vastly appreciated!! I'd be more than happy to dontate something small, say BTC0.1, to whoever can help me figure this out, and smaller amounts to anyone who takes the time to try.

Thanks
That's a compile option, not a cgminer option.

You don't use any options for it to see the Jalapeno - it's automatic.

However, you probably didn't read the ASIC-README about how to set the correct windows driver ...
donator

I have installed the winUSB driver with zidig as outlined in the readme.

Perhaps someone could start by posting the proper start up command to use with BFL ASICs? I can't seem to find it spelled out explicitly anywhere more than it is in the manual.

Thanks
Activity: 672
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
Nor does the GPU readme.
--disable-gpu|-G    Disable GPU mining even if suitable devices exist

Pretty sure this is in the readme.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
How do I use CGminer to ONLY mine using my ASIC? I have block eruptors plugged in and I get an INSANE error log while my Jalapeno, and 2 GPU's are mining. I want it to STOP mining using my GPU's and STOP trying to connect to the Block eruptors.

Use CGMiner-nogpu.

Block Erupters are ASIC's too.  If they are getting errors try putting some fans on them and use the WinUSB driver like it says.

If you don't want to use the Block Erupters then unplug them from your USB ports.

Thank you for your quick reply!

I'd like to use them, but with a different client. How can I do this?

Thank you for the No GPU info.

Use 3.1.1 where you have to specify the com port of each individual device and then just don't list the com ports of your block erupters?
Activity: 448

Use a second PC?
Activity: 206
How do I use CGminer to ONLY mine using my ASIC? I have block eruptors plugged in and I get an INSANE error log while my Jalapeno, and 2 GPU's are mining. I want it to STOP mining using my GPU's and STOP trying to connect to the Block eruptors.

Use CGMiner-nogpu.

Block Erupters are ASIC's too.  If they are getting errors try putting some fans on them and use the WinUSB driver like it says.

If you don't want to use the Block Erupters then unplug them from your USB ports.

Thank you for your quick reply!

Thank you for the No GPU info.
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself

Use CGMiner-nogpu.

Activity: 206

How does I do this?

I changed the intensity to 0 on one card and it only lowered it's hashing speed. Not great for gaming..  Huh I also read through the ASIC readme, and it says nothing about this. Nor does the GPU readme.

Activity: 981
Merit: 500
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
Is there some way to change the dos box screen display geometry under Windows?  It's kind of difficult to see things when running 24 of the USB devices.  I can add more lines to the dos box via preferences, but the display output doesn't change to accommodate....
Right click the title bar at the top. Go down to DEFAULTS. Change the Window Size Height larger to make the dos box longer....
This will change Every Dos Box that you pull up. Once it is sized larger with a default restart cgminer and it will use the new longer window.

Bingo - that does the trick.  "Defaults" instead of "Preferences".  D'oh - missed that. 
Thanks.   A Bit nickle is coming your way!
Thank You!
Activity: 591
Merit: 500
So I finally got my Jalapeño today and got it up and running with my Pi. Does anybody know how I could start my screen command on startup to recover from power outages and whatnot? I tried putting it in /etc/rc.local, but it wouldn't start (I assume it's because it doesn't have access to the Jalapeño yet at that point).

EDIT: Aha, I got it working! I had to specify the full path to cgminer (not with ~) and I have to resume screen with sudo. Everything's working awesome now. Smiley
Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Anything after 3.1.1 is not tested on the CM1 yet ... you are testing it Smiley
You can of course still use 3.1.1 ...

I've set some guess values but I've not gone near it since I've been chasing ASIC and AMU problems (which I have both devices)
The chip in the newer CM1s (0403/8350) has 8 endpoints so I'd need the hardware to code that.
The chip in the older CM1s (0403/6014) should be OK but I've not heard.
cgminer -n will tell you which they are.

Thanks, that explains it then - I have the newer CM1s.  3.1.1 not really an option as were (and to a certain extent - still are) having horrible stratum disconnect crashes on Win7.  Wanted to try cgolivas's new fixes.  Sad

If there is any data I can provide to give you what you need to address the newer CM1s let me know.  I can be quite technical when I'm in the mood and have the patience.  I have linux and Mac OS machines around so can run whatever you need to get the necessary data.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
3.1.1 doesn't use the WinUSB driver for 'Icarus' devices - it uses the serial-USB driver on windows.
3.2* uses WinUSB that Zadig will install for you.

(Icarus devices are: Icarus, Lancelot, Asicminer USB and Cairnsmore1)
Has this now been fully tested with CM1s on Win7.  I tried latest 3.2 build with my x3 CM1s the other day but wasn't successful.  WinUSB driver installed via Zadig but only one half of one board was able to hash.  The other boards did nothing, though were recognised when you issue the usb list status/debug command.  All running standard Makomk one pair using up/down cable, the other solo.

Wanted totry the new stratum code but having to resort to bfgminer as cant get my rigs to work.with new usb code.  What are the benefits of this new usb direct code anyway?
Anything after 3.1.1 is not tested on the CM1 yet ... you are testing it Smiley
You can of course still use 3.1.1 ...

I've set some guess values but I've not gone near it since I've been chasing ASIC and AMU problems (which I have both devices)
The chip in the newer CM1s (0403/8350) has 8 endpoints so I'd need the hardware to code that.
The chip in the older CM1s (0403/6014) should be OK but I've not heard.
cgminer -n will tell you which they are.
Activity: 224
Is there some way to change the dos box screen display geometry under Windows?  It's kind of difficult to see things when running 24 of the USB devices.  I can add more lines to the dos box via preferences, but the display output doesn't change to accommodate....
Right click the title bar at the top. Go down to DEFAULTS. Change the Window Size Height larger to make the dos box longer....
This will change Every Dos Box that you pull up. Once it is sized larger with a default restart cgminer and it will use the new longer window.

Bingo - that does the trick.  "Defaults" instead of "Preferences".  D'oh - missed that. 

In that same place you should be able to make the window wider as well, if you want.

Jump to: